Patience

Cupid Code: L is for Love

 

       Days and weeks passed. It was already the last week of school. Their sophomore year was ending and summer break was almost there. Myungsoo was still waiting loyally for Hanbyul. Every day, he declined several confessions. Almost 75% of Woolim High's female population had attempted to win his heart. No matter how many times he told them that he wasn't interested, they still kept coming back. His rejections started growing a little more cold and sharp each time. There was only so much a person could take. Bit by bit, his compassion for the girls he turn down started fading away. To him, it was their fault for being so persistent eventhough he told them he was already waiting for someone. His kind and considerate heart changed. He no longer showed patience for his admirers. Myungsoo wished they would all give up and leave him alone.

         On the other hand, Soojung hoped to get a little more attention. It confused her how she was ignored like gum on the walls at T.O.P. High. Actually, gum on the walls probably got more attention than she did. She wasn't begging to become popular. She only wanted to have atleast one friend. That isn't much to ask for, is it?

         When she tries to be talk to someone, the person turns the other way and completely ignores her. The teachers don't notice her much either. The last time she had a conversation with someone at school was when she bumped into Chunji on Valentine's Day, which was almost three months ago. And throughout those months, she started growing more interest for Chunji. Her heart always sped up when she saw him. Based on the bit of knowledge she had from watching so many romance dramas, Soojung knew that she was falling for him. 

         That's right. Lee Soojung, the school's wallflower, had a crush on T.O.P. High's most popular and wanted guy. Waiting around for him to suddenly notice her wasn't going to work.

         She was going to need a miracle if she wanted to catch his attention.

_______________________________

        Author's Note: I know. I know. This chapter is short. It's just a summary, so I can skip time. The real stuff is going to start in the next chapter. ;) Comment & subscribe!