Chapter 3

It's Too Late [Sequel to The Things You Wish You Had]

I don’t know how long it had been. Days? Weeks? Every day I’d sit on the couch and watch the people go by, oblivious to the pain and misery I was going through. Every night I’d go out drinking, hoping it would erase the emptiness inside me. Of course, it didn’t.


Se Kyung was being too clingy, always bugging me about where I was and trying to get me to eat something. I had snapped a couple of times, cursing at her and sometimes even hitting her. Every time, though, I would immediately apologize and break down again, and she would do her best to comfort me, even though nothing would work.

My head throbbed as I sat up slowly, the light pouring through the open window making me squint my eyes. I looked around, noticing that the room was empty and the smell of food was filling the house. I don’t know why she bothered anymore; it’s not like I was ever going to eat any of it. Instead of being hungry as I should be, since I hadn’t had anything but alcohol since the wedding, the smell made my stomach turn and head spin even more.

I got up as quickly as I could and stumbled to the bathroom, closing the door behind me and locking it. I stood panting in front of the mirror, and when I looked up I was shocked at how I looked.
I looked horrible. My eyes were sunken, my cheeks hollow, and my skin was pale. I lifted my hand to my face, tracing lightly over the bones that were much too prominent when I heard a soft voice from behind me.
“Jjong...”
I spun around rapidly, gasping and lurching forward when I saw Key standing there with his arms outstretched. I threw my arms around him, hoping to embrace him but instead he backed up out of reach. Confusion showed on my face, and Key smiled. He looked beautiful, as always.
“Jjong, saranghae...”
His form grew hazy, lingering slightly before vanishing completely. I cried out loudly, tears coming once more as the person I loved was taken from me for the second time.
Se Kyung came running at the sound, catching me as I fell to the floor and saying, “What’s wrong?! Yeobo, what’s happening??”


I didn’t answer her, continuing to weep and tremble.  

The next day, he stayed. When I held him in my arms again, it felt like all was right in the world.

Se Kyung didn’t think that way.

I kept my arm around his waist, bringing him into the kitchen (where Se Kyung was again cooking something I wouldn’t even try eating).

“Se Kyung...He’s back. He came back.” Se Kyung looked at me with a worried look, shaking her head.

“There’s nobody there, Jjongie.”

I let go of Key and stormed towards her. “Yes there is!! He’s right here! Can’t you see?!”

Se Kyung looked frightened now, backing up as I got closer. I looked back at Key for help, hoping he would say something to bring Se Kyung to reality. He just looked at me with a sad smile, then began to walk away. My eyes widened, and I rushed after him to keep him from leaving. When I rounded the corner, however, he was gone.

“It’s all you fault!!” I screamed, turning back to my wife who was on the verge of tears. “You chased him away...” I paused, then advanced on her, and once I got close enough, I slapped her. Then, I ran out the door again, my own tears falling down my face.

Why do I keep doing this to her?? I thought. ‘

Because it’s her fault. She doesn’t like Key. She doesn’t want you to be with him.

No. I love her. She’s my wife. Key was just a friend.

But can you really say that? When she came, Key left...

Because he wanted to give us space!!

Remember the diary, Jonghyun? Key loved you. So much.

Yes, but...

And you loved him too.

...no....

My internal fight was beginning to convince me. Maybe I had...

Se Kyung was an illusion. A witch, keeping you from being happy.

She...she took my Key from me...it’s...her fault...

Yes, Jonghyun. All her fault.

All her fault.



 

[A/N] so heres another chp ^_^
it's shorter than the others cuz im kinda in a rush rite now, so quick authers note.
tht last part with all the italics, the bold is this, like, voice in Jjong's head thts telling him things and turning him against se kyung, and the nonbold is his regular thoughts. Just wanted to make sure u guys knew tht so u wouldnt be all condfused and stuff ^_^
thanks for reading!
i luv u all ~