Chapter 1

Of A Different Tree

 

CHAPTER 1

The rather large old historical palace of sorts that served as the main campus building for the academy was surrounded by dark deep green vines that cascaded down its old bricked walls. The white paned windows, which had been recently changed during the summer, were quite a contrast against the reds and dark browns of the brick. The large clocks at the center tower were glowing in their pedestal as the sun’s rays hit the black hands causing a rare twinkle; it was obvious that the machines had been there a while due to the vines growing towards the faces of the clocks.

The drizzling light rain added to the aura of mystery and tranquility of the castle as a white car road into one of the many parking lots once the black iron gates slid open to grant it access. It was parked at the main entrance of the school and out of the vehicle came three figures; two not yet elderly couple and a young male, their son. The young man stared at the building before him as he tried to get a feel of the campus. The elder couple seemed more excited than the young fellow whom was accepted into the academy much to his surprise. He studied the clock a bit, for it had been the first time he had seen it so up close in the past 10 years since the school was built.

Rumors were often what came out of this academy along with tales of the supernatural; these were things he found a bit absurd before his 15th birthday when he realized just how different he was than most people. At the memory he raised his hands, which were covered in white bandages, and recalled the frightening occurrence that had nearly resulted in his friend’s death. That would have been the last time he had seen the young boy before he and his family moved away. He found it ironic that the school he was about to enter was shrouded by rumors and secrets, just like he had been since that faithful day.

He was thankful he had his parents’ support through this whole ordeal though it never stopped him from living a normal life as best as he could with his wretched gift. He shut his hands closed into tight fists as he remembered the stories his dad had told him in order to explain just how different he was; he had developed a mutation in his genes that both females in their families possessed though his resulted in giving him his gift; a gift that had him keeping his distance from every living being until he turned 19.

With help from his parents, the young man returned to his once care free and optimistic outlook in life he had before as a child; he never wanted to go back into his depression of feeling like a freak. His parents helped keep his mutation a secret from the gossiping neighbors and from the media; he was thankful he had been able to keep his secret for so long and without hurting anyone else since his birthday six years ago.

“Hankyung!” he heard his mother cry suddenly and he immediately looked up to see his parents at the main door waiting for him.

Taking in a deep breath, he exhaled before catching up to his parents and following them inside. Once in the academy, he was taken aback by the décor of the place. The color’s weren’t exactly bright or dark but more of a mute earth tones. At first, Hankyung wondered if he had walked into some kind of a five star resort in some island somewhere.

He snapped out of his shock quickly when he noticed a few students chatting to each other or walking from one hallway to the next; the atmosphere felt relaxed, he liked it. He quickly went to the info desk and asked where he could get his key for his dorm before he was directed to the residential office.

He thanked the young woman before he guided his parents to the office, greeting a few professors and students as they walked. Hankyung realized that nearly everyone seemed to know he was new for they often greeted him with a welcome to the academy; he had to wonder if he was that obvious or read so easily. He refocused his attention when he noticed the office up ahead. He gently knocked on the door before he walked in, his parents waiting outside in the hall.

A man with medium light brown hair on his head wore a vibrant smile as Hankyung walked up to the desk. The hair was gelled up into slight spikes as the man raised a finger as a gesture for Hankyung to wait a moment as he finished a call. He hung up the phone before turning to the new student.

“Hello, I am Junsu the main secretary for the residential office, how can I help you?”

“Hi I was, um, looking for my key to my dorm room,” Hankyung replied with a shy smile.

“Ah, new student I see so what is your name young man,” Junsu asked returning the smile.

“Hankyung, Han Hankyung,” he introduced himself.

“Wait just a second,” Junsu mumbled as he typed the name into the database before he began to search for the room number.

“Let’s see, ah your number is 323 in building 1 which would be here,” Junsu explained as he showed him a map of the campus and pointing to the dorm building he would be staying in.

“Oh okay,” Hankyung said taking the key and map.

“Any other questions?” Junsu asked.

“Um, will I be sharing a room with someone?”

“Let me check real quick,” he started, “Ah, well you are certainly lucky. It seems you have a dorm to yourself this year,” Junsu finished with an even bigger smile.

“Thank you,” Hankyung replied and the corner of his lips pulled upwards even more.

The young student quickly walked out of the office and towards his parents who quickly stood up once they saw their son. His mother quickly moved to him and with her teeth showing, she asked about his dorming arrangements. Hankyung quickly explained and at the news that his son would be alone, the woman frowned. Before she could utter another word his father quickly ushered his mother towards the exit so they could help with the move into his new home.

Hankyung was grateful with the escape of her complaints about him being alone; he didn’t mind the arrangements at all. He quickly caught up to his folks and got into the car before he drove to be closer to his dorm; he didn’t feel like lugging his luggage and boxes from the main building to his dorm over and over again. He quickly parked in an open space and got out followed by his passengers. He noticed the dorm was similar to the main, only it was made with a much simpler design.

He quickly moved to help his father get the things from the car and he piled them up on the cement floor. He asked his mother to stay with his belongings, which caused a few complaints, as he and his father took the boxes and luggage up to his dorm. Once at the door, with two boxes in his arms, he noticed he needed his ID to get inside. He quickly placed the boxes on the floor before sliding in his ID to get the locked and secured door to open.

When the red light turned green, he quickly pulled it open and held it for his father to walk in. Using his foot, he kept the door open for himself before he slid in the boxes he had into the building. Taking the dorm in, he noticed that in contrast to the main building, the colors here were a bit more vibrant but not too much. The walls were a simple white though there were pops of color from the décor; it wasn’t as dull as the academy. Hankyung was quite grateful and he figured he would feel much more at ease now.

“Hello there,” he heard a voice say.

Both father and son turned to see a fairly tall young man with a charming smile on his lips before he slightly bowed at them. Hankyung was taken aback by just how good looking the stranger seemed to be and he had to wonder just what kind of school he had been enrolled into.

“H-hello,” he replied and he cursed himself for stuttering.

The other seemed to find it amusing for a chuckle escaped his lips as he gazed at the new student. Both stared at each other, studying and contemplating before the stranger quickly introduced himself flashing another vibrant and charming smile at Hankyung’s father.

“Oh how rude of me, my name is Siwon, Choi Siwon and I am Hankyung’s residential leader and mentor,” Siwon explained.

“How did you-,” Hankyung blinked, but was cut off by Siwon.

“I know a lot about what happens in this building Hankyung and you so happen to be the only new addition here.”

“Ah,” he replied dumbly, earning another soft chuckle that caused him to blush in embarrassment.

His father, who believed his son had enough of embarrassing himself quickly coughed earning their attention and he asked Siwon if he could help with locating his son’s room.

“Oh no problem sir, please allow me to take those from you,” Siwon started taking the boxes, “Just follow me,” he ended as he started to head for the elevator.

Hankyung was surprised at how kind his supposed resident mentor seemed to be, but he quickly followed when his father gave him a slight push. He stared at the old man who simply mentioned the elevator that Siwon kept open waiting for them.

“You two go on ahead, I want to make sure your mother is not chasing the students here,” his father joked and ignored his son pleading looks before walking out of the building.

Hankyung could not believe that his father, his own blood, had left him there. His heart was racing for what seemed to him to be a mile a second when he thought about the fact that he and the handsome mentor were alone and heading to his room; he was indeed bi and with the growing tent between his legs he knew this would be a difficult year to deal with if he had to come close to Siwon on a constant basis.

“Are you coming?” Siwon called.

“C-coming,” Hankyung replied before he hurriedly rushed into the elevator with Siwon who offered him a smile.

“Well Hankyung, let me officially welcome you to the academy.”

“T-thank you,” What have I gotten myself into?!

 

 

 

 

 

========================================================

I can't believe I published the first Official chapter of this story! 

I hope you all enjoy it and sorry if it is a bit boring to some of you.

Please, please, please let me know what you think!

Leave a review!

Also, I would like to let you know that my cousin and Aunt from Cali are here for the week so I am unsure just how frequently I'll be able to update.

Sorry for those who have been patiently waiting for an update on any other story.

Working on Sacrificial Lamb next and then Our Corner Cafe

Love you ALL

Deliagem