Chapter 2

Of A Different Tree

Chapter 2

 

Getting himself adjusted to the dorming arrangements had gone better than he had hoped for, though the departure of his parents was whole different story. Moving into his dorm was a much easier experience, with help from his father and Siwon, than waiting for his parents to leave; Hankyung could have sworn that his mother would have drowned the town with her tears if his father hadn’t forced her into the car to leave. His father had promised him to buy him an automobile when the first semester had ended; but that all depended on his grades.

The young man did not even know why he needed to have a car with him when he lived on campus and practically everything was at a walking distance, but to keep the peace he agreed solemnly. Hankyung watched his parent’s depart from the parking lot, his mother bawling as his father simply gave a final wave, and he couldn’t help but feel a slight tightening of his chest. This would be the first time in years since he had been apart form his parents for a long period of time.

He was still thinking about the sadness within his heart, until a sudden loud cough interrupted his train of thought. He turned around and saw Siwon with his hand, shaped into a fist, over his mouth before the man pulled it down and gave Hankyung a smile. His wretched heart sped up again, but the new student managed to return the smile with a shy one of his own.

“I’ll show you around, if that is alright,” Siwon suggested as he walked towards the new comer of his building.

“Oh, um, thank you,” Hankyung replied, trying his best to hide the blush that threatened to envelop all of his face as he spoke to his so called mentor.

“Come on then,” Siwon replied with a vibrant smile; the young lad was glad that Hankyung had accepted his offer.

He would take the opportunity to get to know him better and perhaps figure out just why he was so special as rumors spread before his arrival. He guided the student around campus, explaining its use and other interesting facts about the place. Hakyung only half listened to what was said to him, his mind somewhat wondering ever so often before falling back onto his mentor’s well toned figure.

He caught himself and he wanted nothing more than to such nonsense out of his head; he did not need to complicate things right off the bat especially since Siwon seemed to be straight as a line. Siwon did not need to come out and say it, it was evident by the hungry looks that where shot at him from every angle as he gave the tour from most if not all of the female population on campus, even some of the teachers seem to sway under his charm.

“And this here is the cafeteria or as most call it the diner,” Siwon wrapped up his tour, though he felt his joy slip at the realization Hankyung no longer had a reason to stay by him.

“Well then, that’s it I’m afraid,” Siwon added when he noticed Hankyung looking around.

The student looked back at his mentor and nodded, thanking him again for the tour. Siwon was about to reply when suddenly the cry of his name beat him to speak. Both turned around to see a group of guys smiling, well most were, at them and Hankyung realized Siwon’s smile had only grown even more at the sight of them. He wanted to know just who they were and why his mentor seemed so joyful to see them.

  “Siwon there you are!” cried a rather loud high-pitched blonde haired man as he guided the others towards the other two.

“Leeteuk-hyung!” cried the charming Choi as he walked up and wrapped his arms around the much slimmer Leeteuk.

Hankyung watched as the pit of his stomach turned and quenched inside of him unnaturally and he wondered what was going on with him. He was debating on whether or not to go see the school’s nurse or something when he suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw all of the group’s eyes on him; he felt the heat rise on his face.

“So you are the 13th huh?” asked a brunette with a smile.

“13th?” asked Hankyung, confused.

“Yeah, we all live in building one for the dorms and you happened to be the 14th to move in,” a feminine black haired beauty explained and Hankyung wondered for a second if the figure was a guy or girl.

“YAH! I know I’m beautiful but who gave you permission to stare!” lashed the pale feminine man causing Hankyung to jump in surprise.

“Heechul!” hissed both Siwon and Leeteuk.

Heechul, as Hankyung heard, simply shrugged his shoulders in response before crossing his arms in front of his chest. The others began to introduce themselves and Hankyung had to admit they were a lively bunch. They might have been adults in age, but they seemed to act more childish than most grown men; Hankyung did not mind it one bit. He glanced them over once more as he tried his best to remember a name with a face.

Leeteuk was the eldest of the group, blonde, tall and with a rather interesting laugh and he was followed by Heechul, whom was the diva of the group, the second eldest who often drove the group insane with his complaining. He was surprisingly the third eldest followed by Yesung, Kanging, Shindong, Sungmin Eunhyuk, Donghae, Zhoumi, Siwon, Kibum, and lastly Ryeowook.

“So are you doing anything right now Hankyung-hyung?” asked Donghae with a grin.

“Hyung?” asked Hankyung as he pointed at himself.

“Of course, you are older and now our brother!” Eunhyuk replied with a gummy grin as he wrapped an arm around Donghae’s shoulder.

“Oh, uh…not that I know of,” the third eldest replied.

“Great, than you can join us for some lunch!” Leeteuk exclaimed as he wrapped his fingers around Hankyung’s wrist and began to drag him further into the diner followed by the others except Siwon and Heechul.

“Have you found out if any of the rumors are true?” Heechul asked as they both stared at the trailing figure they were now speaking about.

“Not so far hyung,” Siwon muttered.

Heechul sighed before giving him a look and taking off to catch up to the rest. Siwon remained still as watched until they disappeared before focusing on a lone figure at a table working on his laptop. His eyes narrowed and features hardened; he received a cool stare back before a wave of students blocked Siwon’s view and the lone brunette with chocolate eyes disappeared like the wind.

 

 

 

 

=========================================

I know I promised to upload new chapters on my other stories but as I posted earlier on my blog, I would like to make an outline before I moved forward.

It helps me remember where the hell I am going with my story and what should happen for it to make any sense.

Sorry for those who have patiently waited, but I am working on them hard.

Sorry for this chapter being short, but I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.

Helps me keep my spirits up, especially with school back in session.

Show support!

Deliagem