Chapter 5

Of A Different Tree

 

He pressed the soaked cloth onto the boy’s forehead as he tried his best not to irritate the bruises and lesions around the face. Hankyung could see that the extent of the wounds weren’t a simple mugging; they wanted this boy on his bed dead. With a heavy sigh, he stood back up on his feet before placing the cloth into a bowl debating on his next move.

It was clear that the other did not want anyone else involve; he continued to beg Hankyung to keep his mouth closed as he came in and out of consciousness. He wanted to respect his wishes, but he didn’t want this boy to end up dead in his room either. This was an experience he wasn’t planning on having at school, let alone his life.

He gazed at the frail body that was covered by his sheets; he still had yet to get a name from the young male. Hankyung checked and clock and bit his lower lip; this boy needed to eat something. Solids were out of the questions, liquids would have to do. He began to prepare a boxed soup he had bought the night earlier using the microwave that his mother somehow managed to bring into his dorm.

That woman was definitely something else; Hankyung could only wonder how his father managed to put up with it for so long, though he dearly loved his mother. Shaking his head, the beeping of the microwave brought him back to reality. He would have to let it cool and hopefully by then, the young male would be awake.

Hankyung was also grateful that it was the weekend and he did not need to attend any class for the day; he would have to check his schedule and locate them, but that could wait for a later time. Sudden groaning brought the student’s attention back onto the sleeping form, which wasn’t sleeping anymore.

He immediately rushed to the boy’s side, asking if he was alright. He would only get soft whimpers before the male’s eyes finally opened to stare at his savior. Hankyung could only stare as sky blue eyes stared back. He abruptly felt a light pressure somewhere in his head and wondered why a sudden headache would rise from out of the blue; he brushed it off.

The blue eyes blinked before they suddenly changed to brown and Hankyung knew that for once, he wasn’t alone. He offered the young one a gentle smile, trying to help keep the stranger at ease. He didn’t want to make him nervous in any way or make him feel inferior as many had done to him in the past.

“I’m Hankyung, may I ask what your name is?” he asked the injured gently.

“H-Henry,” the boy replied softly as he pulled the sheets that covered his body up to his nose, though his sudden movement caused pain to rapture through his body.

“Take it easy, I won’t hurt you,” Hankyung said and he took the chance to look at his gloved hands.

“Are you hungry Henry?” he asked.

“A…a little,” he said as he pulled the sheets beneath his chin and Hankyung noticed Henry his lips.

He only smiled at the boy and excused himself for a second as he went to retrieve the soup; it should be cool enough but he would ask Henry.

“I made you; well I heat up some soup for you if that’s alright. I know it isn’t much but I don’t feel like eating solid food will help you right now,” Hankyung said, correcting himself as he recalled he did not actually make it.

Henry stared at the soup for a second before she shakily tried to sit up; he was starving that much he knew. Hankyung could see the boy struggle and rushed to help after he placed the soup down. Once he helped the boy sit up with the help of pillows and blankets he offered the soup to Henry again.

“Can you feed yourself or,” Hankyung trailed off.

“C-can you help?” Henry struggled a bit, though there was a clear red tint across his cheeks.

“I’d love to,” he replied with yet another smile as he took a seat besides his bed and began to spoon feed the injured male.

As Henry ate, both remained silent. Hankyung had questions but he wasn’t sure if he could ask the boy just yet. He had gone through something dramatic and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to remind Henry of it. He continued to feed the boy offering smiles here and there as a way of comfort. It was one of the few things he could do without harming Henry or anyone else for that matter.

Once Henry was full, Hankyung took the remainder of the soup to the sink in his room and dumped what little was left. He cleaned his hands before going to clean Henry a bit. He saw the young boy flinch when his hand moved towards him and he quickly retracted it back.

“I’m just going to clean your face a bit, nothing more. Tell me if I hurt you or brush your wounds okay,” Hankyung offered only to receive a nod.

With his gloved hands, he managed to clean Henry without harming him much though he did wince here and there. Hankyung apologized for every single one. He then gave the boy a few pain killers to ease any pain he would feel again; he managed to give them to the boy earlier before he passed out cold once again.

“Is there anything else you would like?”

Henry shook his head. With a broken smile, Hankyung helped him lay back down and to get more hours of sleep. He waited for Henry to fall back asleep before he took the liberty to use the time to search for his classes. He left the young boy a note in case he woke up while he was gone, but he figured it would be a while before those eyes opened again.

He grabbed his keys, his phone, wallet and schedule; he prayed he wouldn’t get lost on campus. True it wasn’t fairly huge, but Hankyung had a tendency to lose himself even after he had been living near the area for four years. He was worried about someone coming to his room and finding Henry on his bed; that was something he really didn’t feel like explaining especially since bringing someone from outside into the dorms was prohibited.

Hankyung made sure the door was locked to his room before taking off. He was still unsure about leaving, but if he didn’t look for his classrooms now he would definitely get lost later when he did have to attend his classes. With a sigh, he quickly went down to stairs and headed to the main building; he was hoping most if not all his classes were there.

He was far too busy looking at his schedule as he opened the doors he did not see the other person walking towards him; with a single blink of his eyes Hankyung found himself on the floor. He stared at the sky for a second before he looked ahead to see a tall male in front of him clutching his shoulder.

“Oh, I am so sorry!” Hankyung exclaimed at the brunette as he rushed over to see if he was alright.

“Are you okay?! I wasn’t looking,” Hankyung mumbled.

“Obviously,” the brunette slightly hissed and sent Hankyung a quick glare before he got onto his feet and walked inside.

Hankyung just sat there dumbfounded and unsure on what to do. He had walked into the male by accident and now it seemed the brunette hated him. He slapped himself for a second on the head as he muttered the word babo repeatedly. The sudden cry of his name brought him back to reality as he saw two figures running towards him.

“Hankyung are you alright?!”

“Huh?” he asked as he stared at the two males clueless.

“Are you okay? We saw you fall onto the ground and not get back up,” exclaimed a male he remembered called Ryeowook.

“Oh, I’m fine, but,” he started.

“But what?” asked the other he recalled was named Donghae.

“Who was that?” Hankyung asked pointing at the door.

“Uh, well…” Donghae mumbled scratching the back of his neck as he tried to find the words.

“How come I haven’t seen him before or knew that he lived in the same dorm building as us?”

“He isn’t exactly the friendliest guy on the campus Hankyung,” Ryeowook was the first to speak.

“He also doesn’t have many friends if any at all. He rather spend his time alone with his computer; he is also a genius,” he continued.

“But Hankyung, try to keep away from him,” Donghae warned.

“How come?” Hankyung asked, furrowed his brows.

“He’s just bad news, trust us. Maybe we’ll explain later but not now. Just please don’t go near him,” Ryeowook pleaded taking his hands.

“O-okay,” Hankyung replied.

“Alright then, but where are you going anyways?” Donghae asked.

“Oh, I was just going to look for my classes before I get lost on the first day of classes to be exact.”

“Oh, you want us to help?” offered Ryeowook.

“No, it’s quite alright. If I do… I have your numbers remember,” Hankyung tried.

“Right, well we’ll catch you later then Hankyung,” Donghae said before and Ryeowook disappeared into the building again.

Hankyung waved at them before a sigh escaped his lips. Just who was the brunette that he had collided with and why were those two so adamant on making him stay away, he wondered. He shook his head before he headed to the main building once more; this was just too much for him to handle on his first day on campus.

As the student made his way towards the main school building, another male watched from his room. He tapped his finger on his arm as he studied the new guy who had moved into the dorm building. He had caught sight of the guy’s hands earlier and he wondered just what exactly Hankyung was hiding under those gloves. It seemed he’d have to keep his eyes on him from now on and that thought formed a smirk on his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

==========================================================

Another update for this story; decided to get it ahead :3

Please, please leave a comment I just want to read more of your thoughts on the story so far.

A few of your questions have now been answered I hope and only more will rise later on again.

I hope to be able to update frequently, but that of course depends on what school work looks like.

:)

Again thanks so much for those who show your support for this story.

Deliagem