Prologue

Of A Different Tree

Hankyung Han

_ _/_ _/_ _

 

Dear Han Hankyung,

We are pleased to tell you that you have been chosen to enter the Future Vision Academy for the Gifted. We hope to see you this fall semester and see you grow into a respectable young man with our institution's goals as your guide. Our school may be private, but no worries to your financial situation for it will be entirely paid for by your grant. In you are curious about establishment, please go online and log in at the link below with your username and password. Once there, you can view your grant and find more information about our mission, our alumni, our students and staff. 

 

Username: han0012

Password: *********

 

Sincerely,

 

President Lee

 

 

Hankyung stared at the letter before his hands, trying to understand exactly what it was saying. He had been accepted to a school he never even applied to and he wondered where and how exactly did they know about him. He had heard the countless rumors that surrounded the institution since their doors opened over 10 years ago when he was only a 11 year old boy. Odd occurrences had seemed to pop around the school, including a sudden earthquake that shook and destroyed  the area quite a bit. It took years for the neighborhood to recover and many seemed to blame the school.

Hankyung himself didn't quite explain what he was feeling, but he knew the school was hiding something just like he had been for the past ten years. Suddenly the letter was taken from his hands and he quickly spun around to stare at the culprit, blinking in shock when he saw his mother reading it over. Not even a minute later did his mother gave out a sudden shriek before hugging her boy tightly. Hankyung gasped, trying to regain air that was rapidly escaping his lungs.

"M-mother," he slightly cried almost turning blue before his mother gasped and set him free.

Hankyung took in a deep breath in relief as his father walked into the room. The old man was taken back by the shriek of his wife he came over in confusion and slight fear, just what had caused his wife to cry out? The woman began to wave the piece of paper in front of her husband, a grin on her lips as she danced around the man. The son just stared at his parents and wondered if they had gone mad and quietly watched as his father read the letter before he too cried out in joy as he pumped up his fists into the sky.

Hankyung jumped back in surprise, not expecting such a reaction. Abruptly his father also wrapped his arms around him followed by his mother before they jumped in  glee. It was then that their boy knew there was something seriously wrong with his parents. Breaking free, he stared at the couple in absolute confusion.

"What is wrong with both of you?" he asked.

"Oh Hankyung we are just so proud!" his mother exclaimed.

"Of what?!"

"Your acceptance letter; this will definitely be good for you and your future," his father stated firmly.

Hankyung raised a brow at the old man in curiosity.

"Just how exactly do you know that?"

His parents simply grinned at him before his mother kissed her child's forehead and began to make way to his room.

"You must start packing!"

"What now? You don't even know if I'm going!"

"You are going and that's final!"

"I'm 21, not a child!"

"But you live in my house, so you follow my rules Hankyung. Do as your mother says and start packing."

Hankyung groaned but did as he was ordered to do. His parents seemed far more excited about this invitation and acceptance letter than he was. He glanced at his hands that were covered by the white bandage material that helped keep his secret from the rest of the world. He sighed and glanced at the letter that now lay on his dresser practically mocking him. He wondered just how exactly he was gifted in order to grasp the school's attention; Hankyung believed he was in fact cursed.

 

 

 

====================================================================

Chapter one is out and serves as a prologue or sorts and a preview for the rest of the story.

Please leave a review with questions and the expectations you have for this plot.

Deliagem