Chapter 6

Arising From The Deep

 

Sorry for not updating for a bit, I got a small writers block.
It is a short chapter, sorry. 
Enjoy~
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungmi’s pov
 
 
 
‘Kyungmi, we’re here.’ 
 
 
I opened my eyes to the sound of Omma’s voice, we had arrived in Seoul sooner than I had expected. Maybe it was because I slept. Omma helped me manoeuvre myself from the chair to the wheelchair. People stared at me uncomfortably so I gazed down at my fingers which were fiddling with each other. 
The doctors had transferred me to a specialist hospital in the middle of Seoul and I was about to get my new leg. It was a beautiful September day; bees and butterflies were moving lazily between flowers. EunSun was back at school in Busan, we had gotten a lot closer since the accident. She was minding Minnie for me, until we found a permanent place to stay here in Seoul. Yes, me and Omma were moving. I couldn’t stand living in Busan anymore, especially in that house, the one next to where Kwang-Su lived. 
 
 
There had been a firm offer on our house that Omma was thinking of accepting. For now, me and Omma were renting a cheap apartment in a block building just around the corner from the hospital. 
We entered the hospital, my heartbeat became unusually faster, I had never been this nervous before a competition. Omma wheeled me into the elevator and we went up to the prosthetic floor. My new doctor was called Miss Choi, we entered her room and my eyes widened when I saw her for the first time. 
 
 
Her hair was bright purple which was pulled back into a messy bun, she had large black glasses on which made her eyes look even bigger than they already were. She wore mint green skinny jeans, a royal blue top and a pink jacket with grey adidas  high tops on her feet. I gave Omma a unsure glance before lifting myself out the wheelchair and onto the bed. I watched as my left leg swung slightly and gulped seeing the stub of my right leg keeping still. 
 
 
‘Time to meet your new leg.’ 
 
 
It looked sleek and beautifully moulded, she demonstrated the ankle joint which was smooth and silent, she then showed me how the strap worked. I don’t want this, I don’t want any of this. 
Omma helped me slip my trousers off, the new leg fitted perfectly on my stump. It felt cool against my skin as Miss Choi tightened the straps. I took a deep breath and ed my body forward, taking the weight on both my legs.
 
 
‘How does it feel?’
 
 
I attempted a few paces, very slowly. The limb was light and responsive but unreal. It was like walking when you have cramp in your calf muscles.
 
 
‘Try without the crutches if you like.’ 
 
 
I gave them to Omma who was biting her bottom lip. Here goes. First of all, balance. I had my arms like a trapeze artist. Brain, are we going to do this or not?  I forced myself to gulp a deep breath, as I exhaled I moved my right leg forward just a few inches, taking my weight on it, following through with my left leg. The action resembled and exaggerated limp. I managed two more shaky steps before wimping out and asking Omma for my crutches. I won’t be a clown forever Kwang-Su. 
 
 
As Miss Choi turned away to grab a file I noticed a tattoo behind her ear. I squinted and widened my eyes as I read it. 
 
 
‘You’re a VIP too?!’ 
 
 
‘I’ll let you into a secret. I’m TOP’s cousin. We grew up together.’ 
 
 
‘S-So y-you’ve met h-him? H-Have you m-met the o-others?’ 
 
 
‘Kyungmi calm down. I’m sorry doctor, she’s a huge fan of them you see.’ 
 
 
‘It’s fine Mrs Kim.’  She opened up her phone and showed me some photos, one was of her very young with dark brown hair sitting next to a short plump guy; I knew that guy anywhere, I've seen enough predebut photos. So she really does know TOP.  I smiled brightly at her.
 
 
‘Who’s your bias?’ 
 
 
‘TOP of course! I love all of them though. How about you Kyungmi?’
 
 
‘D-Daesung. But it’s so hard to choose. Have you heard his voice? His vocals are amazing expecially in-’
 
 
‘Kyungmi! Stop it, we’re wasting the doctors time, she has other patients you know.’
 
 
‘Nae Omma, sorry Miss Choi.’ 
 
 
‘Don’t worry about it. I shall see you this time in three days then?’ 
 
 
‘Nae, thank you.’
 
 
 
Cherrycupcake
3rd September 2012
05:08pm