Affliction Chapter 5

Affliction

The ugly bull-faced gentlemen are starting to annoy Chanyeol
They should’ve been unconscious when he slammed them against the tree.
They should’ve been unconscious when the tree hitted them
And they definitely should’ve died when he sliced their bodies into four fine equal pieces thirty minutes ago.

But they didn’t.

He didn’t know what kind of creature are they. None of the demigods are ugly, even him --Hephaestus’ Kid-- is not ugly. Well, at least not bull-faced. And titans are definitely stronger than them. Their power is average, but it's tiring to handle both of bull-faced men alone because they wouldn’t die no matter what. He ran to the top of the mountain and scanned the whole district. The view is actually beautiful and under different circumstances he’d enjoy that if only those bulls didn’t chase after him.

To his right, green grass spreading so beautifully. To his left, he could see the stadium and he could hear the faint cheerings

I shouldn’t have ditched the practice... he thought.

Further west, there’s district 8. Where ordinary human lives. He saw so many skyscraper and thick grey cloud from something that humans called ‘factory’. They said what Chanyeol uses to sleep everyday, or his duffel bag were made in the fac--

The  sound of collapsing trees and the roaring sound of those bull-faced-men annoys him once more. He’d run but next to him is a dead end. He was left with no choice but to fight them once more.
Abeiron --Chanyeol had known his name because his brother, Alphaios yelled to him so often, and Chanyeol had known Alphaios’ name too because apparently Abeiron likes to shout back-- grinned as both of them reached the mountain, now few feet away from Chanyeol

“You cannot escape, young man”

“Well, I don’t get it, why did you chase after me since this morning, bu-”

“Oh, so you want to know why we are chasing you? Your Hephaestus blood is so thick. That damn Hephaestus always caused problem to our entire Minotaur race!” Alphaios roared, sour smell escaped his mouth with every syllable and Chanyeol had to hold his breath for some good times, to resist the sudden urge to throw up.

The fury body is not helping his eyes.

“Well, my dad did that,” He said while eyeing the sword that Abeiron is holding, and gripped that in a swift movement

“Don’t you dare to go near me, or else I will kill everything that you love” He warned while ing the sword towards them

They laughed at him, saying incoherent words that mainly means that his threat is all bull, and they’re not afraid

He glanced down, calculating would it be better if he jumped to one of the nearest branches, sacrificing one of his limbs, or whether he should slide down the hill using his , sacrificing his brand new skinny jeans.

He loved both his limbs and skinny jeans.

He scanned his surroundings and he saw an abandoned and unused platter, it's quite big for his . He mentally thanked whoever left that platter there, because it saved both his jeans and his precious life

He put the platter behind his , mutters some prayer to his dad and slides down the hill


 




Baekhyun had just finished his own practice session in the forest when he heard faint cries coming all the way up from the hill but he shakes off the thought, because no idiot will slide down the steep hill. He turned around and he drank water from his bottle.

Before he could swallow all the water, the cries became  louder and in the next split second, before reacting or even processing what the heck is happening, someone bumped to him and he had to spout the water off his mouth

“I-I’m sorry but there’s a half-human-half-bull ---minotaur chasing after me.. I-” He panted
“Oh hi Baekhyun” He stopped apologizing.

“Hi, why’d you slide down the steep hill? What minotaur?”

“No time to explain, le-” He couldn’t finish the sentence because the rumbling sound is there again. The minotaurs are here.

Baekhyun shrieked at the sight of those ugly creatures. Sure he’d heard stories about the minotaurs and how ugly they are, but never had he thought they’d be like this ugly. And the breath smells so bad he wanted to throw up. The bulky muscles and the furry bodies are not helping. How the hell are they going to get a girlfriend?!

He stood, mouth wide open as Chanyeol fought two minotaurs by himself. Chanyeol is slammed against a tree and his right arm seemed fractured. The second minotaur is about to kick his stomach, and Baekhyun couldn’t accept the fact that Chanyeol is getting bullied by ugly creatures. But his body wouldn’t move

C’mon Baekhyun, you’ve practiced for emergency situations like this.

He stormed towards one of the minotaurs, the one who slammed Chanyeol against a tree just few minutes ago and punched his nostrils

Jesus, the nostril was huge. Baekhyun’s entire hand enters the nostril and when he pulled off, it was full of sticky things he didn’t want to know. The minotaur laughed at him and shoved him down, saying that he was just a distraction and they paid him no mind after that.

“Very helping, Byunbaek” Chanyeol growled while trying to stand up. Baekhyun squinted at the use of the nickname. His body and soul is burning right now, because the minotaurs had no right to just slam Chanyeol here and there like that. For all his life, Chanyeol had been good.
And Baekhyun hates seeing Chanyeol hurt

So he stormed towards the second minotaur who is kicking Chanyeol’s stomach with no mercy, and he used all of his strength to punch the eyes this time, and it works. He damaged the right eye and the minotaur stopped kicking Chanyeol, now roaring and holding his eyes

“YOU” He roared  “Give me back my eyes”

“Thats your loss for kicking Chanyeol like that” Baekhyun snorted

While Baekhyun is distracting the minotaur, Chanyeol had sliced one head. And now, the mad minotaur is left, and he knew he shouldn’t mess with a mad minotaur

Alphaios got angrier when he realized Chanyeol had killed his brother. The fact that he lost his right eye is not helping. He roared so loud, that maybe the entire district could hear him

“I’ll let you go for now, but I’ll be back for Abeiron!” And he disappeared to the ground


 




Xiumin laid lazily on the couch, playing with his brand new phone. He didn’t care about practicing. Sure he wants to go to District 1, but his new phone is just more attractive right now.

All he could do on the phone is just play some games. He’s still figuring out on how to use it when someone stormed into his house. It’s his trainer. He jumped out of shock.
“What?! How-” before he could finish his sentence, his trainer carried him on his back. Xiumin is too shocked to react or anything.

“How dare you miss a practice,” the trainer growled.
“But--teacher! I just got a new phone!” Xiumin said struggling to get down.

“See if I care. Now you are going to practice whether you like it or not,” the trainer hissed. Xiumin stayed quiet and gave up struggling. This is what he usually got for missing a practice. He tried to miss it a couple of times, and all of it failed.

They arrived at the practice arena and the trainer put Xiumin down. He gave the fighting suit to Xiumin and crossed his arms.
“Now go and don’t embarrass me,” he said. Xiumin sighed as he wore the training gear and walked away.

“...versus Son of Boreas, Xiumin!” the announcer announced. The crowd cheered and Xiumin gulped. This is not his first time being here but he’s still nervous. The fact that so many pairs of eyes are watching is not making him feel any better.

He stood in front of his opponent, some Son of Ares. His opponent smirked and Xiumin just smiled. Better finish this fast.

The sound of trumpet roared around the arena and the crowd cheered. That Son of Ares immediately runs towards Xiumin to attack him. And Xiumin, who kept a poker face since then smirked.

He lifted up his silver revolver and aimed at his opponent that keeps on running to him.

You are done.

He fired the gun and the bullet flew to his opponent’s direction. It hit the chest. The crowd went silent, waiting for the next thing that is going to happen.

Xiumin’s opponent’s face became terrified as ice spreads from the bullet. All he can do is running without attacking. Xiumin keeps on shooting, on and on, until he becomes an ice statue. He was too shocked to fight back.

The crowd’s cheers came back. Xiumin smirked and walked away from the arena. He met with his trainer again, now smiling.
“Good job,” the trainer said, patting his shoulder.
Xiumin grinned. “Now can I play with my phone again?”

The trainer scoffed and nodded. Xiumin clapped his hands in excitement and ran back to his house.

What an easy thing. So unimportant. These trainings are so irrelevant. I’m strong enough, I can definitely go to District 1. he thought.