Chocolate Cake

Mechanical

Onew POV

Joon clears off the table and looks at me thoughtfully.

"Maybe he's hitting on you?"

"He has a boyfriend. A really cute one too."

"Maybe his friend is interested in you?"

"Joon, guys like Jonghyun don't take interest in guys like Lee Jinki. Actually, i'm pretty sure he's as straight as you are."

Joon laughs at this and winks at me suggestively.

"I don't know, Jinki, i might go to the other side for you."

I roll my eyes at him and smack his with the dish towel i'm holding.

"Whatever. Maybe he just seriously wanted to get to know me better?"

"That's what i told you from the beginning!! Jeez, i don't know why you need a reason to have coffe with a co-worker and his friend. You're a cool guy, Onew, it's not so crazy for someone to want to be your friend."

I smile at my best friend and whipe my hands on the towel. He's right, i'm looking way too deeply into this. i feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

From: Kibum

To: Onew Hyung

Onew hyung! Jjong and i are already headed to the coffee shop. we'll be there in 20 minutes. See you there ^^

"You better get going," Joon says reading the text over my shoulder. I smile at him and push his face away.

"Thanks for lunch hyung. I'll call you later!"

"Make sure to tell me how it goes!" he calls out as i leave.

************************************************************

The cafe is small with a few tables outside and only two employees. There are several people eating outside and inside and the mood is pretty relaxed. As i get closer i see Kibum and Jonghyun sitting at a table together. I'm about to call out to get there attention but stop when it seems like they're arguing. Key leans forward and says something while waving his hand in the air and pointing threateningy at Jonghyun. Jonghyun just keeps shaking his head and his frown gets even deeper. Suddenly, Key slams the table causing the people around them to jump. Jonghyun looks like he's about to say something but just then, Key looks up and sees me. His entire face transforms into a smile and he waves, signaling me to come over. I wonder why Jonghyun looks so tense?

Jonghyun POV

"Nervous?" Ke spits out the word, "Since when do you get nervous?"

"Keep your voice down, we're in public."

"Jonghyun, you're the guy who got the most popular girl on campus to go on a date with you by just giving her your phone number and telling her to call you."

"That was different."

"You're right. At least this time you actually know the other person's name."

"I knew Sekyung's name."

"Yeah. Because i told it to you while you were writing your number to give her."

I lean back in the chair. How the hell am i supposed to explain it when i have no idea just why this fat faced bunny boy makes me so... not me! Key waves a finger at me and puts on his diva voice.

"Listen up, slick, you better turn on the mojo right freaking now because i am not-"

"I don't remember you being mr. smooth when you started dating Taemin! I actually have a video of you coming to my apartment in tears because you were falling for a baby!"

"He's not a baby!" Key slams his hand on the table. I'm about to make another sharp comment when all of a sudden he looks over my shoulder and his face lights up.

"Hyung!"

I feel my back tense and look carefully over my shoulder. Sure enough, bunny boy is making his way to our table, his caramel hair pulled back with a headband. He has a wide forehead too. Key is glaring at me as Onew hyung sits down in between us.

"Hey, did you have to wait long?"

Deep breath. Mr. Smooth. King Kim Jonghyun.

"Nah, we just got here a few minutes before you did. Haven't even ordered yet."

Gooooooood. Simple and casual. I slip in a smile for good measure. He blinks in surprise and smiles back and i can see Key relax across the table. Alright, keep it going. I lean closer to him.

"Do you already have an idea of what you want?"

"Umm, i've never been here before but my friend says that the chocolate cake is amazing."

I nod at him and widen my smile.

"Okay, what about you Key? Ready to order?"

Key nods and calls the waitress over. He orders a large caramel latte for himslef and the cake for Onew.

"Don't you want anything Jonghyun-shi?"

"Hyung, please just call me Jonghyun, or Jjong. And i'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, i might take a few bites of that cake... If that's ok?"

I smile and wink and he blushes and nods. Really, i have to congradulate myself for having the self restraint not to jump on the table and dance triumphantly at the fact that i haven't studdered yet. What is it about this guy that makes me so nervous?! I watch him as he talks with Key. Onew. I can see where he got the nick-name. Everything about him is soft and gentle. His voice, the way he speaks, his hand gestures. And his laugh. I like the way he laughs.

"Jonghyun?"

"What?"

"I was asking if you wanted some."

I come back to earth to find that Onew already has his cake and Key is giving me an annoyed look. I take a moment to beat myself up mentally as i smile at him again and pick up my fork. I really can't let my gaurd down around him.

*****************************************

When we'r done, i pay for both of them ( because i couldn't get away with just paying for Onew and not make it seem weird) and drive them both to BLACK HoUSE. Key walks in and Onew is about to follow him. Okay, here i go. Deep breath. King Jonghyun, King Jonghyun. I reach out and grab Onew's bicep gently. When he turns to look at me surprised, i smile and lazily trace my fingers down his arm to hold his wrist lightly.

"I really enjoyed talking to you today. Maybe we can go out again some other time? Just you and me?"

I throw in a lazy wink. He blushes slightly and looks quickly down at the floor before looking back up and smiling.

"Sounds good to me. Here, i'll give you my number."

He reaches over and takes my phone out of my front pocket, handing it back to me when he's done putting his number in and sending himself a text so he can save mine. I'm about to get in the car when he grabs my wrist.

"What's up?"

"Actually, my shift doesn't start for another half hour. To pay you back for that chocolate cake, how about i mix you one of your own? On the house?" He smiles that pretty smile and my head goes completely blank. I must have somehow managed to nod because he's pulling me inside and Key is giving me a smug smile from his place at the podium. I feel like Alice, following a cute rabbit down a deep hole. And if i remember how the story goes, i'm going to end up in a load of crazy before i can catch up to my bunny.

Onew POV

OMO OMO OMO OMOMOMOOMOO!!! i watch as Jonghyun takes the chocolate cake shot and downs it in one gulp. He has a really y adam's apple. We exchange a few more words and he promises to call me tomorrow, then he looks at his watch and leaves, stopping to say something quickly to Key. The moment he's gone i run back into the empty employee lockers and start jumping up and down, my hands covering my face and squeeling like a girl. I stop when i realize what i'm doing and look around to make sure nobody saw me. When i know i'm safe i burst into a fit of giggles and grab my uniform, thinking about what Joon said earlier.

"Maybe his friend is interested in you?"

I can feel my face heating up again and smile to myself. Maybe he is.

 

A/N: that is NOT what a chocolate cake shot looks like. but aff is picky about where i get picks soooo.... I'm hoping to pick up the romance soon. please let me know if you're getting too bored ^^'