Saving You ~Chapter 3~

Saving You

It had been 3 weeks since the murder. Yamada felt a bit strange. The body belonged to a nurse who had been reported missing.

“Why placed her body in Akiyo’s room.” He shut his eyes.

Akiyo’s face came to his eyes. Her bright eyes, her pink lips forming a smile. Yamada snapped up.

“Stop thinking about her!” He shook his head.

He again closed his eyes, this time she appeared asleep. Her lips parting as she sighed in her sleep.

“Argggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Yamada banged his head on the table.

He then yelped. He banged his head too hard.

~Near Yamada’s house~

Akiyo looked at the building. She decided to just talk to him once. She took a deep breath and opened his door.

Yamada was sitting in bath. He had his eyes closed. All day he had been thinking about Akiyo. He rubbed his head and sunk his head in the water and rose up.

“Why am I thinking about her all the time?” He sat back in the water, eyes closed.

“Ryo-kun?” Akiyo’s voice called out.

Yamada slipped into the bathtub with a huge splash. Getting frightened at the sound, Akiyo ran into the bathroom only to see Yamada surface back up.

“Oh...” Akiyo’s eyes rolled and she fainted.

~Some time later~

Akiyo opened her eyes to see Yamada sitting in front of her.... with only a towel on.

“Do you seriously have to wear only that?” Akiyo asked pained.

“Well... now that you have seen me... umm... the way I was... I think even wearing only a towel should be... humane?” Yamada looked at her.

“I did not see all of it... I mean there was still water in there and you were sitting.... Mou.... I can’t believe this happened to me....” She whined.

Yamada scratched his head and walked to his room and put on a shirt and trousers and walked to the hall only to see her .....

“What are you doing?” Yamada asked as she walked into the kitchen.

“You haven’t eaten na? Neither have I so I will cook something.” Akiyo smiled as she opened the fridge.

“You don’t have to. I am capable to do it myself.” Yamada complained.

Akiyo ignored him and took out a few stuff.. .He tried to pull her off.

“I will do it, go and sit there.” He said.

“No I will not!” She huffed.

He pulled her hand, when he accidently slipped, both crashed on to the floor. Yamada shook his head to find himself on top of Akiyo. He blushed.

She was extremely close. He noticed that she had grown extremely beautiful. He felt himself go closer to her.

“Anou.... Your heavy....” Akiyo muttered blushing.

Yamada blushed and got off her. Akiyo pouted a bit... She wanted him to come closer.

“Anyways... Go! Let me cook for a change!!!” Akiyo pushed Yamada out of the room.

“I am just scared that you can’t cook... Tomboy.” Yamada smiled and winked as he left the room.

Akiyo looked at him shocked. She saw it... The old Yamada.

~20 minutes later~

Yamada stared at the curry rice she had prepared. It smelled really good.

“Is it safe to eat it?” Yamada looked up.

“How dare you??? Many people have eaten it and nothing happened to them.” Akiyo pouted.

“I am glad I have antacids in my cupboard.” Yamada smirked as he took a helping.

Yamada put a spoonful of curry rice. He felt his eyes widen and then he shut it in pleasure.

“Oishii.....” He muttered as he plumped more into his mouth.

Akiyo smiled as she took a bite as well. He had suddenly become the Yamada the always remembered. The one who .

“Naniyo?” Yamada looked at her as he got up.

“I am just glad to see you back.” Akiyo smiled.

Yamada looked down. He then got up quickly. He cleared the table silently.

“Ne? Why are you doing this? I was so happy to see you back again and...” Akiyo was about to continue when Yamada cut in.

“What do you know what happened? You were gone off!” Yamada spoke coldly.

“I know everything that happened. I know your father ran away with your mother to protect her from your grandfather who was a criminal mastermind. I know they died saving you... I know everything. But... By being like this aren’t you hurting your parents even more?” Akiyo asked.

“If you know so much then you should know better than to get involved. From the start we were only friends, so there is no needs for you to be nice to me just cause I nice to you when you were alone!” Yamada retorted.

Akiyo looked shocked at him. She her locket. Getting angrily she pulled the locket out and threw it at him.

“If I was only being nice to you for being there for me, I would not hold this close to me! Remember this? I still keep it because... You meant a lot... Iie... I loved you!” Akiyo screamed.

Yamada looked shocked at the locket. It was a paper Mache he had made back then. She still held on to it.

“Akiyo...I...”

“If you want me out of the way... FINE! Have it your way. I was a fool to still love you!” Akiyo stormed out of the room.

Yamada slumped back. He did not mean to hurt her feelings. He failed to not only protect her but also understand her.

~On the street~

Akiyo walked in tears unable to believe what happened. She kept wiping her eyes. Why did he think of her like that? Why?

She dried her eyes when she heard whimpering. 

“Anou?” She walked towards the dark alley when something struck her head and everything went dark.