Saving you ~Chapter 2~

Saving You

Akiyo blinked her eyes. She then remembered that she slept off in a café she had gone to drink coffee. She looked at the unfamiliar room.

“Where am I?” She shook her head.

“Feeling better?” A familiar voice asked her.

Akiyo turned to see Yamada place a cup of coffee near her.

“Eh? Nande??” Akiyo gawked at him.

“You really have not changed have you? Well I happened to see you in the café. The owner’s wanted to close the shop and since I knew you, I got you to my home.” Yamada replied as he sipped his coffee.

“Ah.....” Akiyo replied rubbing her head.

“You still space out don’t you?” He flicked her head.

Akiyo glared at him and sipped her coffee. She looked at Yamada. God.... Why was he so good looking? He sat there with a white shirt; upper buttons undone.

“So how come you slept off there?” Yamada asked as he set his coffee cup away.

“I just was tired... I haven’t slept in 3 days....” Akiyo looked up lost.

“I will drop you to your hospital k?” Yamada smiled.

Akiyo smiled back but she knew.... That smile hid a lot of things.

~Near the hospital~

“Arigatou!” She smiled and walked back to the hospital.

Yamada smiled and continued to drive back to work. He sighed, when he had seen Akiyo again in the café, he could not bring himself to ignore her.

“Why is she affecting me so much?” He whispered.

He arrived at his office and sat on his chair. He pulled out a drawer. He looked at his parents smiling back at him.

He needed to stop her involvement.

~In the hospital~

Akiyo walked to her room. She entered to find Yuto with Mio for checkup. She smiled a bit slyly... Maybe she could get this guy to spill everything.

“Ah... Mio-Chan’s condition is better today... But you showed her to me yesterday....Why bring her again?” Akiyo asked.

“I am worried. Mio’s the only one left for me now.” Yuto replied.

Akiyo nodded as she Mio’s hair who had fallen asleep. She took a breath in and looked at Yuto.

“Ne... What happened to Ryo-kun?” Akiyo asked.

“Ehhh? Why ask me?” Yuto gulped.

“I can’t bear to see him like that!” Akiyo replied.

Yuto looked away. He looked at Mio and took her back in his arms and rocked her gently. Mio smiled softly and held Yuto’s hand.

“I can’t tell you....”

“You have to! I am his friend you know!” Akiyo replied.

Yuto sighed and looked at her.

~At the office~

Yamada looked at the case. He was glad he solved it. The more cases he solved, the more it set him apart from his grandfather.

“I will crush you.”

~At the hospital~

Akiyo walked shocked unable to believe what she heard. She never felt Yamada had been through so much.

“I don’t believe it... Ryo-kun....” Akiyo whispered.

She entered her room, when something fell on to floor. She looked at the mangled body. Unable to view what she saw, she walked back to the wall hyperventilating.

One of the nurses noticed her and touched her shoulder. Akiyo pointed at the body and screamed in shocked.

~4 hours later in an interrogation room~

Akiyo shut her eyes as she tried to calm down but she could not forget the body she saw. She shook her head in shock.

“Akiyo?” Yamada voice came to her.

“Ryo-kun? Why are you here?” Akiyo asked shocked.

“I work here. I am in charge of this case.” He replied.

Akiyo looked at her hands. She had been too shocked to notice anything much about the room or if anyone had left.

~10 minutes later~

Akiyo wrapped her hand around her. She could not stop her hyperventilation. A hand fell in her shoulder. She turned to see Yamada.

“It’s okay. It is a murder.... It will take a while for you to get over it.” Yamada said as he walked alongside.

“You feel that your grandfather is trying to involve me?” Akiyo asked.

“Why do you know about him?” Yamada asked shocked.

“Gome...”

“Well... I don’t about it.” Yamada replied gruffly.

“I wondered why you seemed so cold... It’s because of what he did to you that you changed ne?” Akiyo questioned further.

“Akiyo...I don’t want to think about it right now. So don’t care about it.” Yamada replied coldly.

“But I care about you!” Akiyo replied back angrily.

“It still should not matter.” Yamada said coldly and looked away.

Akiyo shut her eyes pained. Why could she not reach to him? She walked slowly when she felt a hand on his hand.

“I will see you off till your house. That way I can make sure your fine.” Yamada said looking away.

Akiyo smiled softly. He still cared a bit about her. Yamada on the other hand was looking away. He could stop his feelings.

“I will not let you get involved.” Yamada whispered softly.