Saving You ~Prologue + Chapter 1~

Saving You

Prologue

~The day before she left (15 years back)~

Yamada smiled at the short haired girl in front of him. She was pouting angrily.

“Aki-chan, It’s for your good only. Besides in your new school no one will bully you. Don’t cry now... You’re already 10.” He ruffled her hair.

“I want you to come too.”  She cried.

“Aki-Chan, I need to be with my mom and dad. Besides I will come to see you off.” Yamada smiled.

Akiyo looked at him and suddenly hugged him.

“Aki-Chan...”

“I will miss you... I...” Akiyo stopped.

She could not confess yet.

~Same timeline next day~

“Papa!!! Hurry up! Aki-Chan is waiting for me!!!” Yamada looked at his dad.

“Hai Hai...” His father laughed.

They walked to the door, when the horror started

Elsewhere Akiyo looked at the door. She wondered why he was not there.

Yamada stood transfixed at his parent’s dead bodies.

Akiyo looked worried; her father pulled her to the plane. She looked at door. Something was not right.

Yamada clenched his fists. Akiyo touched her locket worried for him.

 

 

Chapter 1 ~Meeting once again~

~15 years later~

An alarm rang loudly. A young girl lifted her head. Her long hair swayed as she shook her head a bit lost. She smiled.

Yes, indeed Akiyo had grown up. She was 25 now. She gave up her tomboy looks. She walked to the window and pushed the curtains away and stood in front the sun.

She smiled. She had flawless tanned skin, a pretty smile, long black hair that shone; bright eyes. No one recognized the old tomboy. She had become a woman.

“I am back.” She whispered looking at her locket.

She would finally see him. She smiled softly.

~Elsewhere~

Yamada lifted his head blinking his eyes. Work in the section one had increased a ton especially thanks to his father’s dad aka his grandfather.

“I will get revenge for you Mama, Papa.” He whispered angrily.

“Yama-Chan!” His best friend and colleague Nakajima Yuto called out.

“Hai...” Yamada looked up.

“You coming along? I need to take Mio to the hospital.” Yuto looked pleading at his friend.

Yamada smiled and nodded.

~At the hospital~

Akiyo looked at the kid and smiled as she handed the prescription to the nurse. Her smile was dazzling.

“Now, take you medicine properly ne?” Akiyo smiled.

“Un!” The kid smiled.

The kid smiled at her mother and they walked out of the room. The kid turned and waved at Akiyo. Akiyo smiled and waved back.

“That’s really cool Akiyo-Sensei, you have been here hardly a week and all the kids and parents love you.” The nurse said impressed.

Akiyo blushed at the comment and continued to write her file. She had fulfilled her wish and became a pediatrician.

“Ryo-kun... I want to see you.” She whispered as she her locket.

~Near the room~

Yuto waited while silently patting his daughter’s back. Yuto was a single father. His girlfriend died giving birth to Mio 2 years ago.

“What happened to Mio?” Yamada asked.

“Well... She developed this cough yesterday and nothing worked. This morning she had been crying as well, so it got worse.” Yuto said as he patted Mio’s back as she coughed again.

“You can come in now.” The nurse said.

Yuto nodded and entered the room.  Yamada smiled silently and entered quietly. The doctor was tending to Mio.

She looked up.

“Ryo-kun?” She asked shocked.

Yamada was shocked. There were only 3 people who called him like that. They were his parents and—

“Akiyo...” Yamada whispered unable to believe it.

Akiyo’s eyes seemed to be filled with tears but she shook her head, a soft smile on her lips. She looked back at Mio.

“It’s okay dear, come here so I can look at you...” Akiyo talked kindly.

Mio looked suspiciously at her and then smiled and went to her without a struggle. Yuto stared shocked. Yamada smiled softly.

“Oya.... Seems like she has got pneumonia....” Akiyo said worried.

“Ehhh??? Are you serious....” Yuto looked worried.

“Don’t worry... It’s early. A week of rest and medicine will cure little Mio... Ne...” Akiyo smiled kindly at Mio who gurgled and pulled her hair. Akiyo smiled as Mio pulled at her hair.

~10 minutes~

“Thank you so much!!!” Yuto said happily as he hugged his daughter.

Akiyo smiled brightly. She looked at Yamada when she suddenly stopped smiling. Something was not right.

“Ahh... Yuto I will take some time ne?” Yamada smiled.

Yuto nodded and walked talking to his daughter. Yamada turned to Akiyo. She had changed a lot.

“You look different ne....” Yamada whispered.

“Ryo-kun...Is everything alright?” Akiyo looked at Yamada, her lips quivering.

Yamada looked away. His eyes swept around.

“Un... everything’s fine. It’s nice to see you again...Call me anytime you need something ne?” Yamada smiled.

Akiyo took his number... She looked at him again.

“I... I missed you.” Akiyo whispered loud enough for him to hear.

“Souka... I got to go now.. “ Yamada bowed and walked away, his expression cold.

“Why.... Why have you changed?” Akiyo whispered as she realized that Yamada was not the one she knew.

~In Yamada’s office~

Yamada shut the door to his office and slumped against the wall shocked.

“Why... Why am I feeling like this on seeing her... I don’t want to involve her... Why am I falling for her?” He whispered shocked.

He felt tears in his eyes, shock mounting on him.

~Elsewhere~

The man smiled evilly looking at the photo.

“My grandson... It will not end.” He laughed.

The photo was of Akiyo’s.

~Same time~

Akiyo clutched her bag. She wanted to see him again. What had happened?

Yamada looked at his office. He should prevent her from getting involved.