Indecisive Minds

Unheard Melody, Oblivious Love

 

 

 

“Would you stop throwing the remotes around?!” A voice called out in annoyance from the kitchen.

“But Jongwoon!” another retorted back from somewhere in the living room. “I’m—“

“You’re excuses will fall deaf upon my ears.” The elder deadpanned, causing Kyuhyun to frown and slouch back against the foot of the couch from where he sat on the wooden floor boards.

“Play with me, hyung.” Kyuhyun whined, stretching his long legs out in front of him, pushing away some candy wrappers and chip bags at the same time.

“No.”

Kyuhyun let out another whine and sort of fidgeted in place, causing a racket to make his point. He was bored and needed some sort of a distraction. Kyuhyun had been doing some serious thinking all day, which was rare for him, and still hadn’t come up with a romantic plan that will definitely catch his Sungmin’s attention back again. To clear his mind a little, Kyuhyun decided to distract himself with just a few minutes of gaming, and hopefully be able to think up of something eventually, but a few minutes soon turned into a whole Saturday afternoon. The more he played, the more frustrated he got with himself and the game for not being able to have a more romantic mind.

“Shut up. You haven’t done anything productive today, and I’m definitely not going to be you, a lazy who only knows how to game all day and solve impossible math equations, thank you very much.” Yesung declared monotonously from where he stood by the sink, drying the dishes he had just finished washing after dinner and setting them neatly away in a cabinet.

But little did he know that Kyuhyun had lost interest and stopped listening to what his hyung had to say by the word ‘productive’, and had actually gotten up from the floor and was now making his way into the kitchen quietly.

“Talking about being productive, “Yesung continued, setting away the last bowl, “you should actually be starting that essay that Mr. Choi assigned you three days ago for turning in your last essay two weeks late. You’ll never be successful in society if you keep this up, Kyu—AH!”

While Yesung was busy lecturing Kyuhyun about being a bad student, the younger had made his way into the kitchen quietly, sneaking up behind the smaller male. Just as he was drying his hands after setting the last bowl away was when Kyuhyun tackled the elder into a tight back hug.

“Jongwoon! Play with me!” He said gleefully, pressing his face into the nape of the elder’s neck, knowing just how sensitive Yesung’s skin tended to be.

“Ah! Kyu—Lemme go!”Yesung scolded, struggling in the other’s grasp, trying to wrench the arms away from around his waist, which only caused them to tighten more and squeeze the air out of his lungs.

“No.” The younger whined stubbornly. “Not until you play some games with me.”He said childishly, holding the elder even tighter, lifting the other almost off the floor.

“No! Kyuhyun! Let me go! I’ve got better things to do than play with you! I’ve got an essay to write, two math assignments, and think of a song to sing for tomorrow! It’s already 7 o’clock. You don’t expect me to finish that in just one—“

Yesung glanced back a little in surprise when Kyuhyun’s hold loosened and Yesung was finally set back down onto flat ground again, to see the other pouting cutely, his brows furrowed together in disappointment. The elder looked away quickly, willing himself not to fall for the “cute” trap, only to glance back again, and fall into it almost immediately.

“Alright.” He sighed, relaxing a little in the other’s hold. “But only for an hour.”

“Really!? Great! Let’s go!” Kyuhyun said, his expression changing almost instantly, and tried to drag the smaller into the living room.

But just to annoy the younger, Yesung slouched back into the other’s arms. “Oh! Oh no Kyuhyun! My legs aren’t working!” he said in a dramatic tone, putting a hand over his heart to add emphasis to his beautiful acting.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun whined again. “They’re working fine!” he said, but when the elder made no move to stand back up properly again, Kyuhyun bit down on the others ear lightly since his arms were busy trying to hold up the unresponsive raven, causing the smaller to squeal and giggle childishly while trying to push Kyuhyun’s face away, but still stayed slouched against Kyuhyun.

“Fine. You’re a , Jongwoon.” Kyuhyun muttered, before linking each of his arms through the others arms and dragged him backwards, but they didn’t even make it past the kitchen before Kyuhyun gave up, the smaller complaining profusely that Kyuhyun was getting his clothes dirty by dragging him on the floor.


“But you’re the one that won’t get up!” KyuHyun said matter of factly, dropping the other onto the ground.

“Do you want me to game with you or not?” Yesung said with a sly grin, looking up at the lanky male from where he lay flat on the wooden floorboards.

“You’re a pain in the—“

“You love me.” Yesung said cheekily, interrupting the other’s words with a grin.

“God damn it. You learn your evil ways from me, don’t you?” Kyuhyun said, trying to sound more irritated but a small smile still made its way upon his lips.

“Yup. From the book Kyuhyun 101, by none other than the great Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Oh, such a creative title.” Kyuhyun said sarcastically with a roll of his eyes as he squatted down a little.

“Well duh, what else do you expect from Cho Kyuhyun?” Yesung said.

“Are you saying I’m un-creative?” the younger said, narrowing his eyes at the other who was still lying on the ground and had actually made himself comfortable there.

“Uh….no. You’re the one who said that, so don’t look at me that way.” Yesung said with a teasing quirk of his eyebrow.

“Okay, that’s it.” was the last warning Yesung got before was suddenly hauled up upon broad shoulders.

“Yah! Let me down Kyuhyun!” Yesung cried out, digging his elbows into the younger’s back from where he was slung over the other’s shoulders while kicking his legs around, not use to being at such a height.

“No. I said I wanted to game with you, and yet you were taking forever just to get to the living room.” Kyuhyun said, pressing a hand over the other’s bottom to keep him still.

“Kyu! I’m older than you, and I do not appreciate being man-handled this way!” Yesung shouted, reaching up with one hand and pushed at the younger’s head.

“Aish! Hyung! Stop struggling will you?!” Kyuhyun snapped, not happy about the popping sound his neck had just made from Yesung’s shoving, before tossing the other onto ground.

“I’m not playing with you anymore, butthead.” Yesung pouted, scrambling back up again, but Kyuhyun had already taken a seat on the ground and jerked the smaller back down.

“Oh you’re not going anywhere until you’ve played a few rounds with me.”KyuHyun declared firmly, stretching his long legs out again and pulled Yesung in-between them so he was seated with his back against Kyuhyun’s chest.

“I could do whatever I want, Cho Kyuhyun!” Yesung huffed, leaning forward again to get back onto his feet, but the boy had wrapped an arm around his waist and held him down while his free hand went to grab a controller from beside him.

“Nope. You said you’d game with me for an hour, so you’re staying.”The younger smirked, and set the remote into the elder’s hand.

“You’re an , you know?” Yesung growled, glaring at the other over his shoulders, but Kyuhyun just shrugged nonchalantly and reached for his own remote.

“Hush, I’m starting the game. I need to concentrate, so don’t make any sounds.”

“Then don’t ask me to game with you!”

“But I wanted to play with hyung!”Kyuhyun whined, tightening his arm around the smaller’s waist.

“I’m not going to even try to talk to you anymore.” Yesung said with a sigh and an eye roll, settling back a little only to blush when he realized their position. It definitely wasn’t their first time to game in such a position, considering that Yesung always tries to escape while gaming, and the only way to keep the smaller down, was to have him seated in between Kyuhyun’s legs and have Kyuhyun’s arms snake out from either side of his waist to hold his controller so Yesung couldn’t move. But now that Yesung has truly realized his feelings towards Kyuhyun, this position held more meaning than it used to.

Kyuhyun’s chest was firm and warm against Yesung’s back, and fit snug to the curve of the elder’s back. Kyuhyun didn’t seem to mind this position at all and actually seemed quite satisfied and comfortable there, but for Yesung, it was starting to make him feel quite awkward and nervous.

“Hyung, stop fidgeting! You’re making me lose concentration.” Kyuhyun complained, face contorting in an irritated expression momentarily before resting his chin atop of Yesung’s shoulder to hold him still.

“Let me go, Kyu-ah. I want to sit on the couch.” Yesung said, squirming some more in hope that the younger would get irritated enough to release him.

“Oh hell no.” Kyuhyun said, not bothering to even look away from the screen, his thumbs moving skillfully over the controller while Yesung’s character was long dead for not paying attention to it.  “You’ll just run away from me, and maybe even lock me out of our room.”

“Oh come on Kyu!” Yesung said in exasperation, throwing the remote away, no longer interested on what’s happening on the TV screen. “Do I really seem to be that sort of person?!”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun stated bluntly with a grunt.

“You’re a .” Yesung grumbled, finally giving up and crossed his arms over his chest, risking to lean and relax back against the other’s chest.

“You’ve called me that already. Be more creative, Jongwoon-ah.”

“You’re a fat buffalo.”

“Everybody knows that.”

Yesung finally stopped talking with a frown, Kyuhyun’s words coming out as a conversation stopper. A comfortable silence passed over them both, except for a few muttered curses from Kyuhyun once in awhile as the raven watched the other game, still leaning back comfortably against the younger. Yesung would’ve fallen asleep against the other’s chest, lulled by the feeling of Kyuhyun’s warm body and slightly muted sound of the game. But Kyuhyun had suddenly leaned forward and pressed his face into the crook of Yesung’s neck, making a weird sniffing sound.

“Hm, I was right.” Kyuhyun muttered, his lips ghosting over Yesung’s sensitive skin, causing the smaller to shiver in the younger males hold.

“What?” Yesung said with a frown, drifting away from his sleepy haze. “What are you doing, Kyu?”

“Jongwoon smells really good.” Kyuhyun grinned, nuzzling his nose childishly against the column of the raven’s neck.

“That’s creepy, Kyu. Stop.” Yesung said, shifting a little in the other’s arms so he was facing away from the boy, and hope to get some shut eye before Kyuhyun full on rages at his game. But Kyuhyun just chuckled at the others adorableness and burrowed his face deeper into the curve between the ravens neck and shoulder, making weird dog snuffing sounds as he sniffed the elder some more, taking in his natural musky scent mixed with a hint of morning cologne and body wash.

“Aish! Would you stop that?!” Jongwoon said in irritation, finally waking up fully to turn his head and glare at the younger.

Kyuhyun let out another chuckle of amusement, finally pulling back a little to look down at the smaller in his arms to see that the other was glaring at him in annoyance, making the ravens eyes appear even smaller, causing Kyuhyun to coo inwardly.

Jongwoon has pretty eyes. Kyuhyun mused to himself as he took on the staring/glaring challenge with the elder. Maybe that was the main reason why Kyuhyun had actually approached Jongwoon in the first place those many years ago back in High school. Even with the lost look in his hazel eyes, Kyuhyun could see the kindness and shyness in them when he first saw Jongwoon in the halls. Surely he wouldn’t mind Kyuhyun running off with his map of the whole school, even though Kyuhyun had felt quite guilty for taking advantage of the raven’s timidness afterward.

Not a minute into the staring, Kyuhyun realized that the elder had actually fallen asleep on his shoulder, and was now snoring quietly in Kyuhyun’s arms.

“So much for gaming with me.”Kyuhyun muttered quietly as he set his game controller down, letting his character die, and gently lifted the smaller male up bridal style. “Such a big baby. And I thought you were the older one between us.” The brunette sighed, looking down at the male in his arms who had just made himself comfortable in Kyuhyun’s hold, snuggling against his chest unconsciously.

“I’m tired, Kyu….lemme shleep.” Yesung slurred almost incoherently in his sleep.

“Oh I know.” Kyuhyun said in amusement, raising his eyebrows. Even in his sleep, Yesung is distressed about Kyuhyun annoying him. “Let’s get you to bed now.” Was the last thing Kyuhyun said to the already unconscious man in his arms before carrying him to their shared bedroom, gently setting the light male down onto his own bed. 

“You make me worry too much, Jongwoon.”


“What’re you doing up so early…” A muffled voice called out, breaking the silent atmosphere.

“Oh, Jongwoon, you’re awake.”Kyuhyun said quietly, glancing over at the smaller male who had just shifted in his bed to stare up at the lanky male in question.

“You’re up early.” Yesung said, changing his question into more of a statement as he gathered his pillow into his arms to hug, but cringed at the sight of the bright sunlight streaming in through their open window.

“Hm? Oh. I’ve got some stuff to do today. The earlier the better.” Kyuhyun said, fixing his jacket collar before moving over towards the window and closed the curtains for the still half-asleep male.

“Like what?” Yesung mutters, burying his face into his pillow, trying to get comfortable as he flipped onto his stomach.

“Something that I’ve been stressing over for days.” Kyuhyun says unhelpfully, nudging Yesung’s side with his hand, indicating for the other to scoot over. The raven lets out an irritated grunt and barely twitches an inch over, pulling a frown on Kyuhyun’s face.

“Yah. Move over some more.”

“Why?!” Jongwoon whines into his pillow, still lying on his stomach with his head face planted in his pillow.

“I’m cold. Let me join you.”Kyuhyun whines back in reply, pushing at the others warm torso, resisting the urge to just stick his hands up the others pajama shirt to warm his already cold hands.

“Noooooo!” Yesung huffs, letting out some unmanly squeals when Kyuhyun poked his side.

“Jongwoonie hyung~” Kyuhyun whines, plopping down beside the other and squirming his way closer towards the smaller, trying to create more space for him to snuggle into.

Jongwoon makes the loudest and most absurd complaints as he finally twitches over a few more inches, Kyuhyun finally able to situate himself comfortably on the somewhat small bed by throwing an arm around the others waist and leaning half of his body on top of the others, also flopped down on his stomach.

“You’re heavy.” Jongwoon bites out, lifting his head up just to turn and glare at the other.

“Hey! I’m not even fully on top of you yet!” Kyuhyun says, obviously offended that the elder was true to his words about Kyuhyun being a ‘fat buffalo’.

“Don’t care. Off me.” Yesung mutters, not bothering to form coherent sentences, wanting to just fall back asleep again since he had a jam later that night and wanted to catch up on some shut eye before his performance.

“You’re such a party pooper.”Kyuhyun frowns, before rolling completely on top of the smaller, earning a long, exaggerated groan from the man beneath him.

“Kyu-ah, get off!” Yesung almost yells. “You said you had something to do, so go do it and leave me the alone!” He says, not bothering to hide the irritation in his voice. “You’re annoying, and being a big nuisance right now!”

Kyuhyun stops in his teasing movements, the words hitting a sensitive spot inside of him. “Jongwoon?”

“Go away.” Yesung mutters, turning to look away from the other.

“Hyung?” Kyuhyun says in hurt, sliding off the other and sits up. “I just wanted to spend a little bit of more time with you today. Why…..Why’re being so cold to me suddenly?”

“Just leave me alone Kyuhyun.” Was the quiet reply he got back. “I don’t want to deal with you right now.”

Kyuhyun opens his mouth to say something, but bites his lip to restrain himself, seeing that the elder was acting off again, even though he said that he wouldn’t act like that anymore.

“Alright,” came the broken answer from Kyuhyun, before the taller got up from the others bed and walked out of there room.

Yesung stayed still in his position of facing the wall until he heard the resounding click of the front door opening and closing, before curling up tightly in a ball beneath his blanket. He was angry at himself and extremely guilty for saying such stuff to the younger, especially knowing how much Kyuhyun would sometimes take those words to heart. But it was hard not to; not when Kyuhyun was getting so close to him again. He didn’t want Kyuhyun to see the blush on his face, hear the quick intakes of breath, and especially his heart which was racing so fast from Kyuhyun’s touches.

He sighs pitifully to himself, before closing his eyes again. Maybe he’ll find peaceful refuge in his dream land.


Kyuhyun stuffs his large hands into his jacket pocket unhappily. First Yesung was mad at him, now he’s unsure if his plan will actually work. Kyuhyun has spent his whole morning sulking and putting his plan in action, still a bit pouty about how Yesung had reacted to him wanting to cuddle for some warmth.

But yet again, Kyuhyun shouldn’t take it to heart, since the elder seemed to be getting a bit bipolar with his moods and decisions lately.

Kyuhyun let out a huff of defeat as he plopped himself down on a bench, reaching for his phone in his pocket to finally take his plan into action. He decided that fussing over Jongwoon should come later. Right now, he needs to fix a broken relationship.

---------

 

Sungmin groaned a little as he hears his phone go off, signaling that he received a text. He reaches out blindly with his hands as he s around on his night stand, trying to find the still glowing device. He unlocked his phone lazily to see that it was a text from Kyuhyun.

He should’ve known Kyuhyun wouldn’t give up so easily.

Morning Minnie^^Go to your front door please~

Sungmin’s face contorted as he read the text, not in the mood to crawl out of the bed so early.

No. H e sent back in reply, but the next text came almost immediately.

Please? It’s important. Just do what I say. I’m going to stop texting you now. Bye!

Sungmin groaned and let his face drop back down onto his pillow. Sometimes, Kyuhyun really doesn’t know his limits in doing things. He finally picks himself up and off the warm confines of his bed, and makes his way to the bathroom to get cleaned up quickly before Kyuhyun could annoy him some more.

After Sungmin was fully dressed and ready to seize the day, his face dropped once again when he saw that indeed Kyuhyun had actually slipped something beneath his front door. At first Sungmin was just going to brush past it, ignore it, but the slip of paper seemed to cry out for him to just hurry up and get it over with.

Letting out a sigh of defeat, Sungmin finally approaches his front door and picks up the slip of paper, reading over what was written.

I know I’ve done you wrong,
And it’ll take more than just a romantic song,
But stop, wait, give me a chance.
I may not be the best at poetry or writing,
But trying is better than giving you up without fighting.
If only for memories sake,
Humor me and follow the trail,
And I will abide by your decision of my pass or fail.
The first shall be straightforward and not at all far,
Please go to where we first met, that same stool and bar.
I promise, the decision to do so is yours,
To keep shut or reopen past closed doors.

Sungmin’s face contorted as he read the poem, not much of a person for such cheesy stuff, only to see a map stuck to the back of the slip of paper. He should’ve known the boy was not going to give up until he had put up a worthy fight. He rereads it over again, making sure he hadn’t missed anything important, before unhooking a jacket from his coat hanger by his door, and put it on, a frown visible on his face as he made his way to the bar.

“Oh! Morning Sungmin!” Leeteuk greeted the boy as he entered, shivering a little from the cold morning.

“Good morning.” The smaller greets back, jamming his hands into his pockets to keep them warm as he hobbled his way across the bar to the stool He honestly did not understand why the boy couldn’t have picked a warmer day, or at least not in the morning when the fog hasn’t even lifted yet.

“Kyuhyun dropped by, you know.” Leeteuk says, wiping a few glasses clean from being the counter.

“Yeah, I know.” Sungmin mutters grumpily under his breath as he picks up another piece of paper gingerly with his pointer finger and thumb from where he had first met Kyuhyun.

“Here,” Leeteuk says, setting down a glass of scotch. “This comes along with it. He says it’ll help warm you up.”

“I sure hope there’s no roofies in there. I’m not up for some date .” Sungmin says, staring at the glass for a moment.

“Nah, Kyuhyun’s not that type of person.”Leeteuk says with a shake of his head, watching as Sungmin finally picks up the glass and downs it in one swig.

A moment of silence pass over the two as the bar owner continues cleaning some glasses, Sungmin still trying to warm up a little in the bar.

“He’s foolish,” LeeTeuk says, breaking the silence. “Obliviously stupid to say the least.” He continues, setting the glasses down only to pick up a wine bottle to wipe.

“Why do you say that?” Sungmin asks, leaning against the counter, silently urging the elder to continue, choosing to take as long as he wants, knowing Kyuhyun is obviously waiting for him somewhere.

“He doesn’t know what he wants himself. He’s just leading people on now.” Leeteuk shrugs, also setting the wine bottle down and put the rag away.

“What?” the younger asks, a little confused at where this conversation is going.

Leeteuk just smiles at the other before walking out from behind the counter. “I think you understand what I mean.” Was the last thing the elder said before disappearing into the staff room.

Sungmin lets out another tired sigh. Nothing just seemed to make sense today, and it doesn’t help that it was only seven in the morning. He lifts the small piece of paper up to his eye level, and read what else Kyuhyun had to say.

Remember how drunk I was?
Stupid is as stupid does.
But you lit my world like a light,
Probably stopped me from getting into a fight.
Details of our conversation I do not recall,
But very vividly I remember our fall.
Sparks and fire immediately convinced me,
That the two of us were meant to be.
Talking later only confirmed my thoughts,
I don’t want that all to be for naught.
Now quickly go on to our first date,
Take care and don’t be late.

“Are you kidding me!?” Sungmin shouts into the silence. “You want me to go that far!?” He crumples up the sheet of paper and stuffs it into his pocket along with the first one. Although Sungmin had to admit that Kyuhyun’s writing/poetry skills were fairly decent, words on a slip of paper just isn’t enough to convince Sungmin to move about South Korea early in the morning. He lets out another huff of frustration at the boy’s stubbornness before storming out into the cold, foggy streets.

He took the train to the next destination, a scowl still visible on his bunny-like face, warding off anyone that came within five feet from him.

But the more he thought about it, what did Kyuhyun not understand? Were Sungmin’s words not clear enough for him when they broke up? Or does Kyuhyun really like him this much, that he’ll go to the extent of waking up earlier than seven o’clock to go to all these places just to stick some notes around and wait patiently for Sungmin to show up eventually, even if it may take the whole day.

When Sungmin finally arrived, he noticed that the amusement park wasn’t technically open for another hour or two. He frowns, wondering how the heck Kyuhyun managed to get in, but his question was immediately answered when he saw a sticky note flapping lightly in the wind, stuck to the closed gate of the amusement park, right beneath it a stuffed teddy bear.

Sungmin grabbed the teddy bear off the ground and hugged it close. That poor thing.
He snatched the note off the gate and read it quickly, wanting to just hurry and get it over with.

Was this where our troubles began?
Perhaps I didn’t make clear I’m your number 1 fan.
But you definitely gave me a run for my money,
Pretending to get separated from me was not at all funny.
And about the roller coasters– of course I wasn’t scared,
But you made me go on it either way, so it’s not like you cared.
Just joking, but seriously all my memories of that day,
Are of fondness and teasing, and even flirting if I may.
I guess things only started to go downhill from here,
So now go to café with not quite as fond memories, I fear.

Sungmin sighed as he finished reading it. Kyuhyun was now taking all the blame, even though it technically wasn’t entirely his fault. This boy was so stubborn. Sungmin still didn’t understand how he had managed to get himself caught up with this boy.

Once again, Sungmin stuffed the note into his pocket, along with the others, and stormed off in frustration.
He really just wanted to ditch that mission there and then, not caring if the boy was still waiting. It was obvious that Kyuhyun did not catch the message Sungmin was trying to send him, so he was now playing some sort of game to win Sungmin’s heart back.

It wasn’t that Sungmin didn’t love him, because he truly did, but there’s something that Kyuhyun just didn’t seem to get, no matter how many times Sungmin has to repeat himself. It’s as if Sungmin literally has to nail a piece of paper that states the obvious onto Kyuhyun’s forehead for him to finally understand. Even then….

Sungmin quickens his pace when he sees the coffee shop around the corner, wanting the warmth of the small, cozy looking shop already. He opens the door slowly, the bell above him ringing loudly in the silence, signaling a new customer, before stepping in and quickly closing the door behind him as to not let any cold air in.

“Good morning!” A waitress greets from behind the corner, a sweet smile adorned on her pretty face. Such a shame that Sungmin is gay.

“Uh, morning.” Sungmin greets out quickly, not wanting to sound rude as he glances about the small shop, trying to find the note.

“Are you Lee Sungmin?” The girl asks politely with a tilt of her head.

Sungmin nods once, curious as to how the girl knew his name, but once again, his answer came almost immediately when the girl pulled out a note from her pocket and handed it towards Sungmin with a small bow.

“Th-Thanks.” Sungmin stammers as he grabs the note from the girl, embarrassed that Kyuhyun had actually gone to the extent of actually asking someone to be their messenger.

“Oh, and this comes with it. He says that the scotch wouldn’t last you long enough.” The waitress says, offering up a travel mug of coffee. But that wasn’t the embarrassing part. It was what was written on the mug. “KyuMin” was written in blaring red letters on a white background, followed by a heart.

“Oh. My. God.” Sungmin says, face palming as he turns away in utter embarrassment, earning a giggle of amusement from the waitress.

Thank you.” Sungmin breathes out, quickly snatching the mug and hid the words with his hands as his face heats up into a dark blush. He quickly unravels the note that he had unknowingly crumpled up, and scanned over the words.

Now that I think about it,
This location probably wasn’t the best fit.
Coffee date in the middle of the afternoon,
It’s like I was asking for a break up so soon.
I at being romantic and sweet,
I’m snarky around everyone I meet.
I apologize if I haven’t made my feelings clear,
And if I caused you to shed any tears.
But I hope this journey of good and bad,
Will also convince you it was something real we had,
And not only remember the ugly and sad.
The next location will be the last,
Proceed to park where you decided we were the past.

Sungmin let out a breath of relief as he realized that this would be the last place he would need to go. He would’ve skipped his way there in glee if it weren’t for the travel mug of coffee in his hand that he was afraid of spilling again.

The fog was finally lifting and the temperature was slowly rising as the sun makes it way slowly across the sky, warming up the cold city.

Sungmin trampled his way across the dewy wet grass, making sure not to stomp on any animals that may still be out and about. He finally arrives at the bench where he broke it off with Kyuhyun, only to see just a note there, no present this time.

He picks it up gingerly, glancing about cautiously, curious as to where the younger may be, before finally reading the slip of paper.

You know, you left me so confused that day,
Everything you said was so obscure and vague.
But I guess now I agree,
And my mistakes I now clearly see.
I’m sorry for not being romantic enough.
I’m sorry for not being caring and expressive enough.
I’m sorry for whatever I did,
I hope you see through the time I spend now, I do not kid.
I really only wish for you to be as happy as you can be,
But I also wish your happiness includes me.

Sungmin didn’t understand why, but he felt himself warming up to the younger’s words. Although it may not have been the best poetry, it was still tender and sweet enough to worm its way slowly into Sungmin’s heart with each note.

Long arms that suddenly wrap around him causes the smaller to tense in surprise. He was about to go all mofo on the other when the arms suddenly tightened around him and a voice stops him.

“Give me another chance.” Kyuhyun whispered, his face pressed to the crook of the elder’s neck.

Sungmin relaxes a little, realizing that it was the younger, but pulled away after a moment. “Why?” he asks, a frown adorned on his face. “I thought I made it clear, Kyuhyun.”

“Yes, but…” Kyuhyun’s face contorts as he tries to find the right words that wouldn’t offend the smaller. “I just….I just want another chance. I know I’ve done wrong, and I’ll change.”

Sungmin opened his mouth to say something, to tell the younger that it wasn’t his fault technically, but Kyuhyun quickly interrupts him.

“I’ll try harder this time, I promise. I’ll try to be a better boyfriend. I just need another chance.” Kyuhyun proclaimed loudly, almost yelling.

Sungmin’s mouth clamps shut at those words. Maybe, just maybe, Kyuhyun will finally make up his mind if he gave him another chance. Sungmin truly loved him, even though the boy could be quite the brat, but that was what separated him from others. Kyuhyun wasn’t afraid about what society thought about him, and he doesn’t play the way everyone wants him to. Kyuhyun played by his own rules. But even if Kyuhyun did play by his own rules, he still always seemed so lost, without any guidance at all because he refused dependence on others, because that meant playing by the others’ rules too.

The look on Kyuhyun’s face though, was pleading, borderline desperate as he gazes down at Sungmin.

Sungmin didn’t know if it was pity, or if he truly wanted to give the younger a chance, but he nods once, deciding that maybe one more chance wouldn’t hurt.

Kyuhyun engulfs the other into a tight hug, a silly grin stretched taut upon the younger’s handsome face as he holds onto the elder. “Thank you,” he breathes in relief. “I’ll make it work this time, I promise.” He says.

Sungmin wasn’t sure if he should be happy that Kyuhyun looked so ecstatic, or ashamed for leading Kyuhyun further on, even though he knew that this will not work out no matter what.

 

 

 

 

A/N: hey guys! sorry for the late Chapter! I've been caught up with my summer job/family business lately ^-^'
I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter. Also, give a big round of applause to
lahdeedah000 because she was the one who wrote all those bone-chillignly good poems whiel I sat back and cried at my horrible rhyming. If only I could be at least half of what Dr.Seuss is.

 

Please Leave Comments♥ (Upvotes would be GREATLY appreciated too)