Celebration

Unheard Melody, Oblivious Love

 

*WARNING: will not be responsible for any cavities or overflow of Kyusung feels.

 

“Here you go, your highness.” Kyuhyun said with a teasing grin as he pulled a seat out for the elder, earning a light punch on the shoulder from the smaller who was trying to ignore the younger’s cheesiness, but a bubble of laughter still escaped the elder’s lips.

“Stop,” Yesung said, the word coming out almost as a whine. “People are giving us weird looks.” He whispered, taking a seat that Kyuhyun had oh-so-kindly pulled out for him.
They were currently in a somewhat fancy, high-class restaurant that Kyuhyun had found. The walls were painted a dark crimson red and the curtains and tables were all black, while the seats were a contrasting white.

“I’m shocked,” Yesung said after a moment of looking around instead of checking the menu out like Kyuhyun, who was sitting across from him.

“ ‘scuse me?” The younger asked with a frown, glancing up at the elder in question.

“I just never expected you to know such a fancy place like this.”

“I have my sources.” Kyuhyun grinned slyly, closing the menu again. “And don’t think so lowly of me; of course I know fancy places like this. Where else do I go for dates?”

“You don’t go on dates.”Yesung corrected, resting his head upon one elbow to smile knowingly at the boy. “SungMin told you, didn’t he?”

“No.” Kyuhyun answered quickly, before narrowing his eyes at the smaller who was now laughing at him. “Oh shut up and read the menu.” He grumbled, sliding the menu across to the still giggling male.

“I know you don’t have reliable sources, Kyuhyun, don’t lie to me.” Yesung said as he picked up the menu, flipping through the few pages as he listened to Kyuhyun grumble under his breath about Yesung not looking through the right places in his contacts.

“Hmm….I should order the most expensive red wine here, considering that Mr. Cho here doesn’t treat people out often…” the raven muttered with a smirk that didn’t go unnoticed by the younger. And here, Kyuhyun thought he was the evil one.

“Do what you like. I did say we are celebrating, right? So whatever makes you happy, I’ll be satisfied.” Kyuhyun smiled, leaning back in his seat as he crossed his hands in his lap, watching the other.

“Aww, Kyunnie’s being such a gentlemen tonight!” Yesung cooed adoringly at the boy without looking up from the menu in hand. “I’ll pass.” He started again.”I don’t want to hear your wallet and you weeping a few days later, crying on your hands and knees telling me you don’t have enough money for the newest game out or something.” Yesung chuckled, closing the menu again and setting it back down, making sure not to blow out the candle on the center of the table by the swift movement.

“My wallet doesn’t weep.” Kyuhyun said, looking almost truly offended at the thought.

“Glad you agree with me that you will be crying to me over games.”

Kyuhyun just made a face at the other in reply, but blushed furiously when the waiter who had just walked up gave the brunette an odd look while asking Yesung what they would like tonight.
Holding back his laughter at the younger’s clear embarrassment, Yesung made his order before nodding towards the still blushing younger who quickly made his own order and handed the menu back to the waiter.

“Gee, maybe that’s why you don’t go out often.” the smaller said quietly, earning a kick under the table from the lankier male that sat across from him.

Yesung scowled at the other as he crossed his legs so they were away from Kyuhyun’s, giving the other a pointed look, but the boy just smiled innocently back at him.
A few minutes of silence passed afterwards, and Yesung didn’t seem to mind the quietness except for the distant sounds of forks clinking against the glass plates, but Kyuhyun seemed to be a bit fidgety today, drumming his long fingers slowly upon the smooth table top.

“Jongwoon?” Kyuhyun finally asked, breaking the silence.

“mh?” the smaller hummed in response, glancing up at the brunette over the glass rim of his cup, taking a small sip of the iced water.

Kyuhyun reached across the table and gently took Yesung’s left hand which was not holding the glass, surprising the elder so much he choked on the water.

“Kyu?” Yesung started, a dark blush rising up to his cheeks as he pressed the edge of the cold glass to his bottom lip in hope that his blush and nervousness would go away quickly.

“I really wish the best for you!” Kyuhyun blurted out quickly and louder than expected when some people turned glare at them again.

“Wh-What are you talking about?” The smaller stammered, trying to tug his hand out of the other’s gentle but firm grip.

“You’ve always been here for me, and I just want you to be happy.” Kyuhyun said, getting so nervous with his words that he was now grasping tightly at the small hand.

“S-Stop, Kyuhyun-ah. You’re making it sound like you did something wrong.”Yesung said, finally managing to wrench his now red hand out of the boys grasp.

“Oh, that, no.” Kyuhyun said, shaking his head furiously. “I just…I care about you a lot, Jongwoon. You’ve been a bit off lately, and I don’t know why. You don’t have to tell me why, because it’s your own personal business, but I just want you to be happy no matter what. You’re like a brother to me, and it hurts me to see someone so important to me act so distant.”

“I…” Jongwoon was clearly at lost with words as he looked into Kyuhyun’s golden eyes that were filled with both worry and adoration. “I’m sorry for causing you concern, Kyuhyun. But I really am alright now. I was just….uh….PMS’ing….” he said reassuringly, but muttered the last part quietly under his breath.

Kyuhyun gave the elder a look for not being serious when he obviously was, but Jongwoon reached over and grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand this time, causing the younger’s expression to soften.

“Really, I am alright; trust me this time. I was just getting stressed over school and how to fit in maybe another part time job.”He said with a small smile to assure the younger that he was fine.

“Don’t you dare get another job.” Kyuhyun said quickly, switching their hand hold so their fingers were threaded together. “If you’re stressing so much already, I won’t let you get another job, alright?”

Jongwoon smiled again and nodded once, glad that the topic has changed. “Now, let’s enjoy our night together in celebration!” he said as he pulled his hand back out of the boy’s warm hold, missing the crestfallen expression on the younger’s face at the loss of contact.

Kyuhyun could only nod and watch once again as the elder smiled brightly at him as the waiter came around and served them their dinner.

Yesung chuckled as he watched Kyuhyun dive into his food like a child getting its favorite ice cream or something. “And here I thought I was the hungry one.”

“Why are you the one to tease me then? That’s my job. Your job is to sit there and listen to my problems. Hopefully clean up after my problems too.” Kyuhyun said through a mouthful of food, earning a look of disgust from the raven. Yet again, it’s not the first time Yesung has seen the boy eat with no manners in public places.

“Because Kyunnie is so nice today, I decided to test his limits.” Jongwoon said with a sweet smile.

“I’ll stretch my patience out a little more just because we’re supposed to be celebrating today.” Kyuhyun grunted, and stuffed his mouth again before muttering under his breath. “Totally not because of your smile.”

“Liar.” The raven grinned, and knew the younger admitted defeat when Kyuhyun just smiled down at his own plate of food, twirling his fork around in it slowly.

 


“Hyung! Jongwoon, no! I want to sing still!” Kyuhyun yelled, reaching for the remote the elder had in hand.

After their lovely dinner, Kyuhyun had taken the elder to a karaoke place that was actually a bit far from the restaurant, but they had taken that time to walk and talk a little about other things, like school and friends. The room that Kyuhyun had gotten for them for the night was ‘freaking awesome’, as Yesung had put it.

Pressed against the wall was an ‘L’ shaped, red and white leather booth with a glass coffee table across from it for snacks or beer in Kyuhyun’s case. On the opposite wall, there was a large flat screen TV where some random kpop music video was playing on the bright screen, the remote and microphones put away on a black shelf right beneath the TV. The walls were painted a simple white, but hanging on the ceiling, was a single disco ball that turned ever so slowly, casting hundreds of small, symmetrical square lights across the walls. It’s pretty awesome in Yesung’s opinion.

“Yah! But I to sing too!” Yesung cried out, pressing a hand to the younger’s broad chest to push him away.

“But I just saw a good song, hyung! It’s one of my favorites too!” Kyuhyun said, still struggling to grab the remote that was still being held out of reach by the smaller male.

“No! You’ve sung like six already! You may sing that after I sing at least one or two songs!” Jongwoon pouted, sticking his bottom lip out a little, adding a slight quiver to it for a better effect.

“Aww…..Jongwoon, don’t do this to me.” Kyuhyun sighed with a frown, stopping his movements briefly to gaze softly at the smaller, before lunging forward again. “Because it doesn’t work in this sort of situation!”

Jongwoon let out an unmanly scream as he quickly turned his back to the younger and leaned away from the heavy chest that soon fell against his back, long arms snaking around Yesung’s petite frame as they tried to grab the remote out from the elder’s small hands who had it hugged closely to his body. “Kyunnie! Be more fair!”

“But I like this song. I didn’t see it earlier.” Kyuhyun complained, literally groping and sliding his hands all over the elder’s body as he tried to find the best place to sneak his hand through the other’s arms and steal the remote back.

“Why are you so insistent?” Yesung still pouted, squirming a little as he tried to push Kyuhyun back and away from him.

“Why are you so stubborn?!”Kyuhyun retorted back before an idea suddenly came to his mind, and he finally pulled back away from the hunched over male who was still protecting the remote from the younger’s grabby hands.

Jongwoon turned his head a little to look back at the younger suspiciously over his shoulder’s, his almond eyes narrowing a little in caution at the younger’s quite innocent expression

“Hyung? You should give me that remote before you regret it.” Kyuhyun admonished, crossing his arms over his chest.

Yesung scowled at the other and turned back away, his clutch tightening around the remote. “Or what?” he challenged, knowing that the younger never did give up that easily.

“I know your biggest weakness.” Kyuhyun said in a low whisper, causing a shiver to run down Yesung’s body.

“Don’t care.” Yesung stated bluntly, but when he turned to look back at the younger, the boy had a wide smirk across his face and was drumming his long fingers impatiently on his own arm.

“Oh don’t you dare Cho Kyuhyun!”Jongwoon snapped, his eyes widening in realization at what the younger had in mind.

“Too late,” was the last warning Kyuhyun gave before he launched forward again and pressed his long fingers to the raven’s sensitive sides.

Yesung let out a high shriek as he jumped from the sudden ticklish contact, causing the remote to fly out of his clutch when he reached down to stop the younger’s torture. The boys spidery fingers kept at its insistent teasing on the smaller’s body, his fingertips gliding and dancing across every inch of exposed skin he can access, even going to the extent of raising the elder’s shirt a little to tickle his stomach and sides where the raven was the most ticklish, finding himself chuckling in utter amusement at the elder’s reaction. Kyuhyun could never get sick of doing this fascinating torture to his hyung.

In only a few seconds, Yesung was already sprawled on the leather couch of the karaoke room on his back with Kyuhyun hovering above him, his hands still pressed to his body.

“Ah! Kyuhyun! Kyu—NO!” were the only words Kyuhyun could comprehend from the smaller male as he writhed in a giggling and squealing mess beneath him. But even through this mess of absolute absurdness, the elder’s small hands still found the remote that had flew to the floor, and held onto it like a life line. As if that could stop Kyuhyun.

Yesung had reached up with one hand and brought the heel of his hand to the younger’s chin and pushed upwards, trying to push Kyuhyun away that way, but Kyuhyun stayed put, even though his jaw and neck ached in that odd position, tilted back in a painful angle.

The younger finally stopped momentarily to lean down by the elder’s ear and whisper something, a smirk still visible on his lips as the raven gasped in as much oxygen as he could in that short break. “You gonna give me that remote now?”

“Hell no!” Yesung said, trying to pull the younger’s hands out from beneath his shirt with his free hand as a blush rose up to his cheek, his body and face red from both the tickling and the embarrassment.

Kyuhyun sat back up again and took a swipe down the elder’s smooth, pale skin that was oh-so-sensitive with his fingertips, pulling a cry and more mad giggles from the raven. Jongwoon had tried many different techniques that he could conjure up from his ticklish, hazy mind to stop the tickling, even trying to roll over the younger’s hands and crush them (hopefully), but nothing seemed to be able to stop the evil Kyu once he managed to slide his hands back out once again from beneath the small raven.

“Kyuhyun, stop!” He begged when his knee accidentally dug into the younger’s stomach in the mess of tangled limbs as Kyuhyun tickled him, but the lanky male didn’t seem to notice, too immersed in torturing his hyung.

“Let’s do a duet instead!” Yesung suddenly cried out as he held the remote out and away from the younger’s reach, halting Kyuhyun’s movements almost immediately.

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked, eyes widening in excitement as he stared down at his now red and panting hyung. “You’d do that with me?!”

“U-uh…y-yeah, I w-would.” Yesung managed to stammer out through his heavy breathing, lost in the younger’s happy expression, momentarily forgetting about the hands that still rested on his stomach beneath his shirt.

“Oh my gosh! Let’s!” Kyuhyun cried out gleefully like a child, and pulled his hand back out to clamber over Jongwoon to snatch the remote that Jongwoon had momentarily forgotten.

Jongwoon quickly sat back up once Kyuhyun scanned through all the songs in absolute ecstasy, trying to straighten his twisted shirt that had ridden up from their childish play, and fix his hair that was astray.

“How’s this one?” Kyuhyun asked, turning to look at the smaller with a grin.

Yesung turned to look at the screen, squinting a little since his eyes were still a bit blurry and teary from before, trying to read the title for the song. “Your Eyes*?” he read aloud.

“Yup. It seems like an interesting song.” The brunette shrugged, before handing the second microphone to Yesung. “Yeah?”

“Sure.” Jongwoon said, gently taking the microphone from the boy and watched as the younger smiled at him and selected the song.

 

I want to erase all of my insufficient former self
It seems like someone like me has nothing to give to you.

 

Kyuhyun started, his lips and voice moving softly to the melody of the instrumental as the lyrics appeared on the screen, before turning to look at Yesung a little when his part showed up in a different colored font.

 

The side of me that I kept hidden, the one that wants you, my sincerity
Not even once was I able to show it to you.

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he listened to his hyung sing, enjoying the elder’s low, husky voice dance along with the song, moving slightly in time with the song as he raised the microphone again to his lips.

 

Just once, look back at me
It seems you’re still not standing too far away

 

Out of the corner of his eyes, Kyuhyun saw Yesung raise the microphone to his own lips, and join him.

 

[Yesung, Kyuhyun] Do you still remember, do you believe that it’s only you for me
Do you know how long you can keep me by your side

[Kyuhyun] In this large world, there’s only one person
[Yesung] Did you know this about me

[Yesung] Before the seasons roll by, before even time fades away
I try to convey my heart
to you but it’s too late

[Kyuhyun] I hesitate and stop and then you’re crushed
If you’re still there, I’m an idiot, forgive me

[Yesung] A little bit ([Kyuhyun] a little bit) walk a little further ([Kyuhyun] walk a little further) and then I’ll be there

[Kyuhyun] Do you still remember, do you believe that it’s only you for me
[Yesung, Kyuhyun] Do you know how long you can keep me by your side

[Kyuhyun] In this large world, there’s only one person [Yesung] It’s only me.

 

Their voices harmonized so perfectly, it made Kyuhyun’s heartstrings quiver at the emotions that are being stirred up. He unconsciously moved closer to the elder as they sang, their legs almost touching as Yesung turned to smile warmly at Kyuhyun, his eyes shining in the dark karaoke room, the only lights coming off from the TV screen and reflected off from the turning disco ball hanging from the ceiling.

 

[Kyuhyun] The night I wanted to cry goes by, and in my forgotten dream
My wandering self
[Yesung, Kyuhyun] You hold tight in your arms
[Yesung] And I won’t stray anymore

[Yesung, Kyuhyun] Do you still remember, do you believe that it’s only you for me
Do you know how long you can keep me by your side


[Yesung] In this large world, there’s only one person (I only want you)
[Kyuhyun] Did you know this about me

 

There is only one person for me.”Yesung thought to himself as he watched and listened to Kyuhyun finish the last note with a light vibrato to it.

 

 

and it’s you, Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

 

 


A/N: Hi. I've been busy with life lately, but now that summer is here(yaaaaaay), updates will be a teensy bit faster than what originally happened *cough*. AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT LATE UPDATE. But....yeah. This chapter's full of fluff. Fluff is not my thing. Most of y'all probably know I do angst.But you guys eneded the Kyusung fluff, so here. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! PLEASE LEAVE COMNMENTS! We all love comments right? Feedback is always great, considering that I still need to improve my writing skills *head desk*

 

* Your Eyes is obviously not our song, so all the rights (song and lyrics) go straight back to SM Entertainment and Super Junior. The song is a duet of Kyuhyun and Yesung on Super Junior's Bonamana album.