cinco

What Makes You Different (Libra)

 

Sehun’s lips trembled as he realized his mistake. He had put himself in complete despair for all these years because of his speech defect. Somehow, he couldn’t help but think that all pains were self-inflicted. But then what about the people who had treated him senseless because of his difference? He never told them to be rude to him, right?

 

Sensing the battle of thoughts going on in Sehun’s mind, Themis pulled him into a tight embrace. Suddenly, all emotions poured as tears trickeld down his cheeks. “Why can’t people accept me?” He asked as he continuously cried on the goddess’ shoulder.

 

the boy’s back gently as her other hand cradled they boy’s nape, Themis heaved out a deep sigh. Then, she cupped the boy’s face in her soft hands and wiped his tears with her graceful thumbs. The warmth washed through Sehun’s system as his sobbing came into a halt. Looking through his eyes, Themis whispered some words of wisdom which she knew Sehun had always missed to understand.

 

“Life requires balance, my dear. Nothing is made perfect. At one point, there is going to be something lacking in every person, because only through that would people realize the value of humility.”

 

Struck by the words of the goddess, Sehun retained his gaze on Themis. But uncertainty still reigned in his heart. “But other people—“

 

“Other people treat you harshly because you are harsh to yourself,” Themis cut him off. “You don’t feel accepted because you do not accept yourself.”

 

The weight of the goddess’ statement was crushing Sehun’s heart but somehow, the thoughts were starting to get imbued in his mind. Little by little, he knew he was opening up to the truth.

 

Perhaps, he’s beginning to understand it all. Perhaps, he really could still make things right.

 

Sehun pulled away from the hug and interestingly, the feeling of tranquility stayed. And for the first time since he stepped into that observation deck, he felt authentically calm.

 

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch break. Sehun didn’t want to leave. He just wanted to be with Themis. But the latter, knowing exactly how the young man was feeling, smiled at him. “I’ll be waiting here,” she guaranteed.

 

With a smile and a newfound hope, Sehun nodded and stood up. He dusted his behind and with one last look on the goddess’ beautiful being, he dashed back to the university building where his afternoon classes are.