Chapter Four

Our Baby's Sake...

Something was wrong with the process, according to the doctor. But they'll have to wait for the results of the ultrasound first. 

 

"Yamada-san, apparently your belly is way too big for having four months" he folded the files and handed them to Ryosuke. 

 

Rio just lowered her shirt and got off the examination bed. "What do you mean doctor?" 

 

He could feel her anxiety but just gave a comforting smile. 

 

"Yamada-san need to rest and stop worrying so much. Nothing bad is happening, it's just that we never saw such belly at only four months of gestation. Just take the medicines I told you every morning before breakfast and visit me if something else happens, okay?"

 

"Arigatou gozaimasu doctor" Ryosuke bowed and took Rio by the arm, she stood there, not wanting to go. She was still looking at her belly. "Come on honey~" 

 

She looked into his eyes and said "Am I a fat mother?" 

 

Yamada laughed "Well, the baby seems to be... bigger than what we thought ne!" he winked. "Come on, let's go home" 

 

The doctor accompagned them both to the door and smiled at how the man was caring with his wife. He closed the door and came back to work. 

 

 ~°~ 

 

"What do you want to eat dear? I'm willing to cook for you tonight" Ryosuke pushed the chair for her to sit down.

 

"Why did you bring me to a restaurant Yama?" she gave a sad look. 

 

"Because you aren't in a good mood, maybe that would cheer you up" he sat himself and opened the Menu. 

 

"Exactly, I'm tired and don't really feel like eating great meals" she was about to stand up but he held her hand. 

 

"Aaaw~ come on, we're just gonna eat ramen and go home" he whistled for the waitress to come. 

 

"And what if they come here and find us out?" she pointed to her tummy. 

 

"Who are you talking about?" Ryosuke shook his head. 

 

"Well, paparazzi?" Rio tugged his hand "Let's get out of here Ryooo!" 

 

"Ma~ just calm down, why are you always like that? I'm not the only idol out here!" he exclaimed, making some people look right at their table. 

 

"Yes, but you're the one who has a pregnant wife right now, and stop talking out loud" she just hissed. "Let's go!"

 

"Rio~" he sighed. 

 

Meanwhile, the waitress who was going to serve them throughout the whole dinner had heard whole the conversation and had ran to the kitchens, screaming "Yamada Ryosuke is here!" 

 

"What?" they all stopped working and got the door, to peek at the table she was pointing out. 

 

"There, there!" when she screamed that, everyone stood up and directed to their table. 

 

Rio widened her eyes "Ryo!" she screamed, trying to protect herself from all the people. 

 

They all surrounded him, asking autographs and photos. Yeah, he should have thought two times before going to the restaurant most attended by young fangirls. 

 

"Rio?" he called, suffocated by the people. And to worsen their situation, cars fulled with paparrazi stopped in front of the Ramen restaurant and started taking photos of Rio, next to Ryosuke, surrounded by all the fans. 

 

"Who is the girl Yamada-san?" they screamed to him. 

 

Ryosuke finally got rid of them all "Yamete!" he screamed to a girl pushing his shirt. She got scared and let go. 

 

"Gomen" he said to her, then grabbed Rio by the arm and ran out of there, leaving the place in a mess. 

 

After some minutes running he finally stopped and turned to his wife "Rio?" 

 

Her face was dripping with sweat "I don't feel good" she fell into his arms, and her skin was burning. 

 

"What did I do?" he caught her in his arms and breathed heavily

 

"I'm such an irresponsible!"