Someone to Confide In

The Right Pair

Yunho exchanged a worried look with Changmin, concern crossing both their handsome faces thanks to the uncharacteristically silent woman seated in between them. “Soo…”

Changmin’s frown deepened when she gave no reply, merely staring blankly at the television. “Choi Sooyoung.”

“I don’t think I can accept the drama.”

The two DBSK members exchanged another worried look; their eyes wide. Yunho reached for the remote control and turned off the television. “Sooyoung, what’s wrong?”

Sooyoung sighed, leaning deeper into the sofa. “I mean, I really, really like the project and I think it’ll open so many opportunities for me… but I just don’t know anymore.”

“Why are you having second thoughts? Is there a problem with the director? The PDs? Yonghwa?” Changmin asked.

Her attention was pinned solely on the coffee table in front of them. “Yonghwa might need to give up We Got Married because of this.”

“You’re worried about Seohyun.” It was a statement, not a question. The younger of the two men sighed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and gave her a reassuring squeeze. “It’s Yong’s choice to make, Soo. Don’t sweat too much about it.”

“It’s just that I know We Got Married means a lot to her. It’s one of those times she gets to come out of this shell she has. She looks forward to taping every time.” The tall brunette chews on her lower lip anxiously. “I don’t think she’ll be happy if she and Yong have to go.”

“You and your big heart.” Yunho couldn’t help but let out a soft, short chuckle as he patted her knee comfortingly. “I’m pretty sure Yonghwa and Seohyun are going to talk about what they’re going to do and if my guess is correct, Yong would do both the drama and We Got Married at the same time for as long as he can. Besides, if YongSeo does end its stint, maybe more opportunities will also head Seohyun’s way.”

“Or the We Got Married PDs will use the drama to add an angle to their storyline.” Changmin added, snorting for effect.

Sooyoung laughed at his actions, shaking her head in amusement. “What would I do without the two of you?”

“Right back at you, Soo.” Yunho laughed along with her, glad to see the shift in her mood. “But whatever happens, don’t let go of the drama, okay? We’ve waited all these years to see you as the lead actress.”

She still had her hesitations but it wasn’t like she was going to willingly admit it again, not when she knew it was pointless discussion with the two men. “Okay, oppa.”

“Can we eat now?” Changmin pouted all of a sudden, gesturing at the spread of food they had on the coffee table for their supposed bonding session.

Sooyoung snorted this time around. “When were you never hungry, anyway?”

“Look who’s talking, you female bottomless pit.” He made a face at her as his long arm reached forward; the bag of Cheetos soon in his grasp.

Her jaw dropped. “Oppa, that’s mine!”

The DBSK maknae gripped both sides of the pack and pulled until the top ripped open. “Does it have your name on it?”

“But that’s my favourite!” She reasoned, as if it explained everything in the world.

“Well, it’s my favourite too!” Changmin held the bag high above his head when she tried to reach for it. “If I give it to you, will you share with me?”

“No.” Sooyoung replied bluntly.

He rolled his eyes. “Then I won’t share with you too!”

“You’re mean, oppa!”

“I love you too.”

“YUNHO OPPA, HELP ME!”

Yunho laughed at his two squabbling best friends.

This is what normal means for the three of them.

o-o-o-o-o

“Yo.”

Kyuhyun looked up, ready to answer when a square shaped pillow hit him right on his face. “Yah! What the hell is that for?”

Heechul shrugged nonchalantly, settling on the empty space of the maknae’s bed. “Do you have a problem?”

“Now that you pegged me square on the face with a pillow, gee, I wonder.” The younger of the two men deadpanned. “Don’t you have anyone else to bother, hyung?”

“What makes you think I’m here to bother you?” He arched an eyebrow. “Besides, you weren’t doing anything when I came in. Some miracle probably happened and you aren’t playing Starcraft.”

“Get lost, hyung.”

“You aren’t having girl problems, are you?”

His jaw dropped. “What the hell?”

Heechul shook his head, tapping the side of Kyuhyun’s leg before he got off the bed. “I’m sure she likes you too.”

The maknae rolled his eyes. “Pray tell, Einstein. Who ‘she are you talking about?”

“Seohyun.”

Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped.

“WHAT. THE. HELL. HYUNG.”

o-o-o-o-o

“Cut!” The director shouted. “We have enough material for now. Thank you so much for your hard work!”

“Thank you so much for your hard work!” Yonghwa and Seohyun repeated over and over again as they bowed repeatedly at the staff they were with for their filming.

“We will contact your managers for the next filiming date and venue.” One of the shows PDs informed them before leaving the pair on their own.

    Seohyun smiled and bowed, straightening up only for the smile on her face to disappear soon after. Yonghwa was no longer by her side. She looked around, finding him seated on the sofa of their couple home. The SNSD maknae inwardly sighed; Yonghwa seemed bothered and distracted the entire filming. He really did give his best the entire day and she saw that… but she also saw the different look in his eyes. It wasn’t the same today.

Hesitantly, she made her way over to where he was and sat down on the sofa, mindful to keep a substantial amount of space in between them. “Yong oppa?”

Her voice seemed to have snapped him out of his thoughts as he turns his head to look at her. “Yeah?”

“Are you…” Seohyun hesitated, not really sure if it was her place to ask. “Are you okay?”

The simply question seemed to have done the trick; his face brightening almost instantly. “I’m okay, Hyun. A bit tired but okay.”

“That’s good.” She couldn’t help the smile of relief that crossed her face. “It looked like something was bothering you earlier.”

“I’m okay. Really.” Yonghwa assured her; his body relaxing as if to prove his point. “No need to worry.”

    Seohyun nodded and the two fell into a half-pleasant, half-awkward silence that used to be the normal case between them. She played with her figures; her mind silently shouting that one question she had been threatening to ask him. They weren’t allowing to mention anything related to it during filming since it was pretty much under wraps… but she really wanted – and needed – to know the details.

“So… What’s your drama with Sooyoung unnie about?”

Yonghwa paused at her question and for a moment, it seemed like he lost his voice. “Music-related dramas and I go hand in hand it seems.”

“Oh?” Her eyebrows rose in interest. “So you’re a musician again?”

“Kind of.” He looked away from her, not wanting her to see the distraction in his eyes again. He wasn’t quite ready to tell her what his manager told her and Sooyoung. “I’m an aspiring musician, who has this dark secret of being the son of a mafia lord. Sooyoung is an aspiring dancer and who is poor. Our characters falls in love and me being a son of the mafia lord complicates things.”

“That’s… different.” Seohyun managed with a small smile. “Interesting, too.”

“Yeah, we thought so too.” The CN Blue frontman turned his head a fraction to smile back at her.

She chewed on her lower lip gently. “Are you excited for it?”

“I am.” Yonghwa chuckled. “I’ve been hearing about how good she was in your acting classes and you know… it’d be a first time I get to be the senior among the leads. But I think I’m going to learn more from her than she from me.”

“Oh… That’s nice, oppa.”

     The fell silent again and this time around, it was an uncomfortable and distracted one. Seohyun turned her body away from Yonghwa; her face mirroring the emotions she felt. She couldn’t understand why she had certain feelings about the drama he was going to have with one of her unnies. The budding YongSoo couple was just work… nothing more and nothing less. She told herself that a million times. But every time she did, another part of her always had the perfect retort.

So is YongSeo.

o-o-o-o-o

One of the readers suggested turning the 'drama' into a fic of its own. What do you guys think? ;)