Silence and Pain

The Right Pair

They did it again.

            SM Town 2010 just ended and just like what everyone expected it to be; a huge hit among fans of many kinds and even the mdia. Fans gathered and watched as all SM performers sang and danced their hearts out and they surely didn’t disappoint to say the least. The concert was over now and Sooyoung soon found herself in the usual after party in celebration of the successful first concert. SM Entertainment managed to rent one whole bar for everyone that night so that everyone could just relax, have fun and even get wasted after a long day's work.

“Soo!” Before she could even have a chance to say or do anything, she found herself lifted off the floor and swung around slowly with the help of a pair of strong arms around her waist. “I missed you!”

“I missed you too, oppa.” She smiled; her eyes locking with Yunho’s once he put her down. “So how does it feel to be back?”

Yunho pressed a kiss on her cheek, unwrapping his arms from her waist. “It feels great and I can't even explain it. I can’t believe how much I missed it.”

“Everyone missed you too.” Sooyoung laughed, giving the man he considered one of her best friends another hug. “Where’s Changmin oppa?”

“He and Eunhyuk are talking to Junsu on the phone.” His voice became softer but it was loud enough for her to hear.

Sooyoung instantly felt bad for her friend; her hand finding his and squeezing it reassuringly. “Don’t worry, oppa. You guys will be complete again.”

Yunho smiled gratefully at the tall brunette. “I’ll go find Changmin so that I could talk to Dolphin too. No worries; I’ll send Min your way. Do you wanna say anything to Junsu?”

“Tell him that I said hi and I miss him, Jae oppa and Yoochun oppa a lot.” Sooyoung watched as he left amidst the crowd of people in the bar before she sighed once more.

            Yes, the concert was a huge success… but she wasn’t completely happy. The return of DBSK was probably one of the reasons she could look back at the concert one day and think of it as a complete success. She knew how hard it was for Yunho and Changmin to perform without the other three. Being a Cassie herself, she knew how hard it was for the fans to see them incomplete. But she was glad to have her oppas back. It was better than nothing. Sooyoung sighed at the thought; about to settle back into the now empty SNSD booth when Seohyun rushed towards her and yanked her out of her seat.

“Unnie, why are you just sitting there?!” She said loudly over the deafening music. “Let’s go and have fun!”

The shikshin laughed. “You go ahead, Hyun. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine here.”

“Unnie, c’mon!” Seohyun didn’t really wait for any reply as she dragged Sooyoung with her to a certain area of bar where some of the SM artists were.

“Aah, there she is. She finally came out of the cave.” Boa teased Sooyoung as the two SNSD girls joined the group.

She rolled her eyes, noticing that Kyuhyun, Donghae, Taemin, Sunny and Tiffany were all there too. “Very funny, unnie.” She said sarcastically.

A concerned look crossed Tiffany’s face. “Is there something wrong?”

Sooyoung shook her head. “I’m just tired, Fany.”

“We were just talking about the dance battle.” Sunny playfully nudged her with her elbow. “You did so well out there, Soo!”

“She did. I was out there so I'm a very credible source.” Donghae nodded in agreement, proud of how Sooyoung performed earlier that night. “And Kyu and Seo did well too!”

Sooyoung stiffened a touch. “Yeah, they did.”

Kyuhyun was about to say something when a pair of arms were suddenly wrapped around Sooyoung’s shoulders. “I’ve been looking for you.” Changmin smiled at Sooyoung, leaning down to kiss her cheek. No one was really surprised with DBSK’s sweetness towards the tall shikshin. She was their little princess after all.

“Hey, oppa.” Sooyoung greeted the man with a bright smile before scooting over to give him some space in the booth. “I was beginning to think that Yunho oppa forgot what he said he’d do.”

“I’d look for you even if he doesn’t tell me too.” He answered. “The three of us have a lot of catching up to do. Oh, and I got you a few things from Japan.”

“You really spoil noona a lot, hyung.” Taemin commented with a chuckle. “Hey, how about us?”

Changmin rolled his eyes good naturedly. “Sorry… Spoiling is reserved for the princess only.”

“Oppa!” Sooyoung whined but was cut off when her phone started to ring. Excusing herself politely from the group, she moved away to read the message. The smile on her face soon disappeared as she read the said text message, biting her lower lip in worry.

Putting her phone back into her purse, she rushed in search for SNSD’s manager. “Oppa!” She nearly screamed when she saw her. “I need to go.”

“What? Where are you going?” The manager asked.

“I… Uh… Family emergency!” Sooyoung answered, coming up with the first excuse that popped into her mind. “Oppa, I have to go!”

The SNSD manager couldn’t really do anything about it. “Okay, okay. Take one of the cars. Just do forget to tell the driver to go back here, okay?”

“Thank you!” Sooyoung gave her manager a quick hug before she hasitly made her way through the crowd, heading for the exit.

“Soo!” Changmin was on his feet, catching Sooyoung just in time before she could zoom past their booth. “Where are you going?”

“It’s an emergency.” She replied in a hurry, causing Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany to get up on their feet as well. “Oppa, I have to go.”

Kyuhyun frowned. “Did something happen?”

“I really have to go.” Sooyoung replied to no one in particular before she focused her attention on Changmin. “Oppa, I need to go. I’ll make it up to you and Yunho oppa soon, okay? See you tomorrow!”

Before anyone else could say anything, Sooyoung freed herself from Changmin’s grasp and hurriedly left the bar. “What happened?” Boa asked the SNSD girls remaining in the booth but neither of them knew what was wrong. Kyuhyun stayed silent, wondering why she didn’t answer his question at all. Hell, she barely looked at him.

Is she mad at me or something?

o-o-o-o-o

            Sooyoung hurriedly exited car, giving the driver the reminders that the manager gave her before shutting the door. It was late at night, which was a good thing since there was no one around in the area. Walking as fast as her high heels could allow her to, the brunette entered the gardens in search of the person who sent her the message… the person who needed her at the moment. It didn’t take long for her to find him as she headed straight for a certain area of the garden, knowing that she would find him there.

“Yong.”

Yonghwa stood up from the ground; a small smile appearing on his face. “You look beautiful, Soo.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, making her way to the man. She mentally cursed when she saw his tear-stained face and puffy eyes. “Yong.” She wrapped her long arms around him in a hug in efforts to comfort him. “It’s alright…” She knew the sole reason of his pain. She knew that he watched a video of Seohyun and Kyuhyun’s duet.

“It isn’t, Soo.” He mumbled; a tear rolling down from his eyes again. “I wanted to be the one there… not him.”

“You really love her…” It wasn’t a question. The brunette stated it as a fact. Forget about We Got Married. Sooyoung knew that the guy had fallen head over heels for SNSD’s maknae. “Yong, it’s just a duet.”

He broke the hug, staring incredulously at her. “Don’t talk like the duet didn’t affect you at all.”

She sighed, wanting to ignore what Yonghwa just said. “KyuYoung is just an online thing. It’s just a pairing. But you and Seobaby are different. You love her.”

“You like Kyuhyun too, right?” Yonghwa arched an eyebrow at her, making a face when she shook her head. “You and Kyu aren’t different from Hyun and I.”

“I didn’t go here to talk about me.” She told him pointedly before sitting on the grass. “You said that you’re in – and I quote – desperate need of someone to talk to. So I ditched our after party just to go here.”

“I feel very special, Soo. I’m honored by your presence.” He said sarcastically, sticking his tongue out at her before sitting down beside her. “But seriously… Thank you for coming.”

The brunette smiled softly. “You don’t have to thank me, Yong.” A beat passed. “My shoulder’s all ready if you need it.”

Yonghwa let out a shaky sigh. “May I?”

“Knock yourself out.”

            Yonghwa rested his head on Sooyoung’s right shoulder and soon after, tears soon fell from his eyes. It really hurt him to see that woman he loved being so happy and giddy with another guy. He knew that it was just work but still… He already heard of rumors that Seohyun liking Kyuhyun. The CNBlue vocalist also knew that he had no right to feel that way… after all, they were just married on screen. But still. He was in love with Seohyun. Was he just supposed to ignore that because of work?

            Sooyoung sighed, focusing on the stars in the sky to give the man some privacy as he let his tears out. She knew that it took a lot for a guy like him to show an emotion such as what Yonghwa was showing and she respected him for that. Reaching her left hand to gently and slowly caress his hair, she thought about everything he said earlier. He was right about everything. She did like Kyuhyun and the duet affected her regardless of the many times she told herself it was just part of their work. But the very sweet duet hit her hard… which was why she did everything she could to ignore Kyuhyun in the bar.

            She and Kyuhyun were just supposed to be close friends… and occasional partners-in-crime. But what she didn’t expect was to actually fall in love with the maknae and the scary part was she didn’t know he liked her too… even just a little. So, Yonghwa really was right. Their situations really were the same.

So there they were – two people brought together by an unfair life.

“I’m glad I called you, Soo.” Yonghwa said after quite a long period of painful silence on his part. “Honestly, I wasn’t expecting you to go here. We’re not really close to begin with.”

“Even though we just started talking a lot just a few weeks ago, we’re still friends.” She replied, sending the man a reassuring smile. “Friends are friends regardless of how long the friendship is.”

He chuckled. “I think we’ll be the best of friends at this rate with these love problems we’re in.”

“You’re the only one with love problems, weirdo.”

“Keep lying to yourself, Sooyoung.”

“Sure.”

“YAH! Oh wait – so you admit that you’re lying to yourself.”

“YAH!