Dropping A Bomb

The Right Pair

                A sigh escaped Sooyoung’s lips as she fought to keep her eyes open. It wasn’t helping that she and the rest of SNSD got back to the dorms very late the previous night and they had to get up bright and early to attend the regular SM Town meeting. All SM Town artists were currently gathered around a large round table usually seen in conference or meeting rooms; each and every one of them were nursing a cup of coffee, fighting to stay awake, falling asleep in their seats or trying to sleep with their eyes open. It wasn’t that the meeting was about useless things – far from it. The managers were actually discussing schedules, commitments of certain individuals, each group and of SM Town as a whole.

Heechul let out a low whistle as the Super Junior manager finished listing off the tour dates and venues for the very in demand Super Show. “That’s a mouthful.”

“It’s nothing you boys can’t handle.” Their manager said confidently before stepping away from the podium, giving way for DBSK’s manager.

Both Yunho and Changmin sat up straight in their seats, forgetting their coffee on the table; the older of the two men looking at their manager with wide eyes. “Hyung…”

“I think you know what my being here means.” He replied with a wide, genuine smile. “It’s time for a comeback in 2011, don’t you think?”

                The two remaining members of the DBSK were on their feet; their screams of joy echoing everyone else’s in the room. A loud round of applause in congratulations reigned as they all watched Yunho and Changmin hug each other tightly out of pure happiness. Some, particular the women, had tears in their eyes and everyone had smiles reaching their lips as they rose to their feet while the two spoke words of encouragement and hope to each other. Sooyoung sprung herself to the DBSK leader as soon as he and Changmin parted; Kyuhyun coming to congratulate his best friend with Minho hot on his heels.

“I’m so happy for you, oppa!” Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Yunho’s neck; his arms easily finding their place around her waist as he lifted her off the ground. “Congratulations!”

“Thank you, Soo.” He buried his face in the crook of her neck and she knew that the man she considered as one of her best friends was crying. “God… I didn’t think this would happen.”

“You and Changmin oppa deserve this.” The brunette spoke as soon as he lifted his head to look at her. “I know this isn’t the best you hoped for but this is better than nothing at all.”

“Much better… definitely.” Yunho nodded in agreement, gently putting her down until her feet touched the floor. “Thanks, Soo… for everything. I don’t think Min would’ve gotten through if it wasn’t for you.”

She shook her head, reaching up pinch his cheek softly. “Nah, it wasn’t me. You’re a natural born leader… a performer. You and Changmin oppa were meant to be on stage.”

“But still, Soo, hyung’s right.” Changmin entered the conversation smoothly. “You’ve been heaven sent to us.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes good naturedly, taking the opportunity to hug him as well. “Congratulations, oppa.”

“You still owe me and Yunho hyung for ditching us last time, remember?” He grinned.

“You do, young lady.” Yunho chirped in the conversation in the midst of the f(x) girls congratulating him.

“Since we have a cause to celebrate already, why not after the meeting?” She suggested, giving way so that Onew could congratulate the DBSK maknae.

The DBSK manager coughed politely from his place in the podium. “That’s not at all.”

Leeteuk exchanged a look with his fellow leaders. “What else, hyung?”

Much to their surprise, he moved away from the podium, being replaced by SNSD’s manager. “Unnie…What’s going on?” Taeyeon asked; a curious and confused expression on her face.

“One of you has a contract waiting to be signed for a drama.” She replied, smiling when the nine girls gasped.

“Who is it?” Boa questioned, feeling very excited for her dongsaengs.

“Sooyoung.”

“MY BEST FRIEND IS A LEADING LADY!” Sungmin’s voice boomed throughout the room as he ran to hug the frozen woman standing in between Changmin and Yunho.

Siwon was not far behind the older man. “Did you hear that, Soo? It’s what you’ve always been dreaming of! You’ve got a drama now!”

“Unnie…” Yoona hugged the older woman as soon as the two Super Junior members allowed her to; tears of happiness b in her eyes. “I’m so proud of you. You’ve wanted this for so long and they’re finally giving it to you.”

                Sooyoung opened but it seemed like she lost her vocabulary. She turned wide eyes at Changmin, wordlessly asking him if she had heard the right thing. A single precious tear rolled down her cheek when he nodded; the two DBSK members soon hugging DBSK’s princess.

“Don’t cry, Soo.” Jessica giggled as she wiped her friend’s tears off her face once Sooyoung was with her eight sisters.

“Unnie!” Sunny called over to their manager. “Who’s the lucky guy to be Sooyoungie’s leading man?”

“Jung Yonghwa.”

                If it wasn’t for the fact that she was sandwiched in the middle of eight girls, Sooyoung knew she would’ve fallen over in shock. As discreetly as she could, she looked at the SNSD maknae from the corner of her eye, noticing how Seohyun still looked very happy for her but she could tell there was something else… something she couldn’t quite name. Sooyoung could only decide to push the thought to the back of her mind as their manager approached her, saying that she was to meet up with Yonghwa, his manager and the officials in charge for the drama soon to map out the details. The brunette, though, didn’t forget to make a mental note to talk to her dongsaeng later.

“I’m sure Sooyoung will make an awesome actress.” Donghae said to no one in particular as he and the rest of the Super Junior members returned to the dorm.

“Of course, she will. We Choi siblings are awesome like that.” Siwon said smugly as he entered after the older man.

“It doesn’t make sense though…” Kyuhyun mumbled supposedly only to himself as he came in.

“Which one?” Zhou Mi asked.

He swallowed the lump that suddenly formed in his throat, mentally kicking himself for the slip up. “Uhh… Isn’t Yonghwa supposed to be Seohyun’s husband?”

“That’s all just for a show… it’s fake.” Heechul chuckled from his place by the door of his and Hankyung’s bedroom. “This is reality and who knows? They just might be for real.”

o-o-o-o-o

“The basic gist of the story is that it is set in a performing school and is entitled A Heart’s Beat.” The drama’s PD explained from his seat. “Yonghwa-ssi, your character’s name is Park Yul, an aspiring musician who has been hiding the fact that he’s the son of a mafia lord. Sooyoung-ssi, your character is Jung Yoojin, an equally aspiring dancer who is not that blessed with monetary wealth. Obviously, the two characters will fall in love but things get complicated when he has to keep her safe from all the issues and mess of being part of a mafia.”

Yonghwa nodded slowly, biting back a comment on how all his drama roles seemed to always have music involved. “This certainly has a different twist.”

SNSD’s shikshin nudged him playfully with her elbow. “So you’re the musician with the deep dark secret.”

“And you’re the dancer a la damsel in distress.” He teased back with a -eating grin on his face. “I’m really excited for this.”

“I am too.” Despite her words, Sooyoung bit her lower lip worriedly.

A concerned look crossed his face. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t have much experience, Yong, unlike you.” She lowered her tone, making sure that the conversation was just between her and her new leading man. “I don’t want to mess this up.”

“You won’t.” The CNBlue vocalist reassured her, reaching out to squeeze her hand gently. “I’m sure that you’re born to be an actress. We’ll all be here to guide you along the way so you don’t have to worry about anything.”

“The details pertaining to the schedules for the drama will be discussed with your managers, who I trust will discuss them with you.” The PD spoke once more before she could say anything else. “Photoshoots and the script reading will be the first few activities as well as initial filming for the teasers. Acting workshops will also be scheduled to aid all actors participating in the drama.”

                Sooyoung let out a sigh of relief at the latest bit of information, feeling very grateful especially for the acting workshops. Though she had countless experiences of workshops during her trainee years, a few more would definitely help in boosting her skill and confidence. Yonghwa smiled at her and she knew that she couldn’t ask for a better leading man for her first ever drama as the heroine. Things were only going to get better; of that she was sure.

“Yong.” Yonghwa’s manager suddenly spoke from his seat across the pair. “A Heart’s Beat won’t intervene with your current commitments but obviously, in the coming months when filming starts, it will. You may have to sacrifice We Got Married when that happens.”

Sooyoung and Yonghwa exchanged a look; the latter’s emotions colouring the expression on his face easily.

Maybe not everything was going to get better.

o-o-o-o-o

A/N: Anyone willing to make a banner for this? :D