Secrets

The Right Pair

I think it's common sense that people have their own ways of doing things. Like tagging their fics for example. An author tags his/her fic depending on how he/she wishes to organize things. As far as I'm concerned, I tag my stories by the pairing that has the MOST INVOLVEMENT in a fanfic. Take this very fanfic we're on as an example. YongSeo, SeoKyu, KyuYoung and YongSoo are used as tags because the story revolves around those four characters and those four pairings will have the most interactions/scenes/moments/what have you.

You know, I don't mind if a person has  problem/confusion/whatever with my tags, my fics or even me in general. But is it really too hard to be polite and talk to me properly?

I do NOT appreciate being insulted by someone who I assume isn't even half as brave if he/she meets me in person.

I do NOT appreciate being called names by someone who doesn't know about me, someone whose manners belong to the gutter.

However, I do understand how it feels like when you click the tag of your OTP and read a story, only to find out that said OTP is playing a minor role or is broken or something like that. As far as The Right Pair goes, there is SEOKYU in this story, if that's not blatantly obvious by now. I'm just about to post the SECOND chapter for heaven's sake so hold your horses.

So, please.

Save the word 'rascal' for ill-mannered people like you.

o-o-o-o-o-o

            Sooyoung stumbled out of her bedroom, wanting nothing more but to sleep again. She came home so late last night after spending time making Yonghwa feel better and she was just so tired and sleepy. Knowing that food could get her ready for the day ahead of her, she headed for the dining room and a sound of laughter soon reached her ears.

“I really can’t believe it, unnie.” Seohyun giggled. “I was so nervous about the duet and the fans. But I’m really happy that they loved it. Manager oppa. said we got great reviews.”

            The shikshin froze in her spot. Of course, it was that damn duet again. It was probably the most talked about part of the SM Town concert to be frank. She could fully understand now why Yonghwa was so upset about it even if it was all just part of work.

“Soo!” She snapped out of her thoughts when her name was called, realizing that Taeyeon saw that she was already awake. “You have to go and eat already. We need to leave for rehearsals soon.”

“Um… I’m not hungry.” Sooyoung mumbled in reply, surprising Taeyeon, Seohyun, Yoona, and Hyoyeon. “I’ll go and shower now.”

Before anyone could stop her, the tall brunette hurriedly left and disappeared from her sight. “Is she okay?” Hyoyeon asked the other girls worriedly.

Yoona stood up from her seat and placed her dishes on the sink. “I’ll go and check on unnie." She headed straight for the bedroom Sooyoung shared with Jessica without bothering to wait for a reply, finding the older woman looking for clothes to wear after her shower. “Unnie, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Sooyoung replied, not taking her attention off her closet. “I’m just tired and sleepy, Yoong.”

That reminded her of last night. “Where were you last night? Did something bad happen?”

The brunette stiffened a touch, hoping that her friend didn’t notice it. “A family friend just had a problem and needed my help. It’s nothing serious so don’t worry.”

Yoona looked at her skeptically. “Are you sure you’re okay, unnie?”

“Of course.” Sooyoung turned around to smile at the younger woman. “I’ll just probably drink some coffee later and I’ll be ready to go.”

She nodded slowly, opening the door to leave. “Don’t forget to pack some food!”

o-o-o-o-o

            To say that the cup of coffee she took earlier didn’t work was an understatement. Sooyoung sighed, hating how badly she was messing up the rehearsals. She couldn’t get her mind to focus and she was ruining the rehearsals for everyone else. that was how she ended up in the hallway, searching for the nearest vending machine. It didn’t take long for the brunette to find one and she soon began deciding what to buy amongst the many choices in front of her. Before she could insert the bill inside the machine, a hand holding a plastic bag of food blocked her way.

“I heard you didn’t eat breakfast.” Kyuhyun frowned at her, noticing that she didn’t accept the food as hurriedly as she usually would. “Are you sick or something?”

“No, oppa.” She scowled at him, not really wanting to deal with the maknae of Super Junior at the moment. “How did you even know about that?”

“Seohyun told me.”

Why did you even ask, pabo. The tall girl mentally scolded herself. “I wasn’t hungry.”

He arched an eyebrow at her. “Which is why you’re here to look for food?”

Sooyoung sighed, leaning against the vending machine. “What do you want, oppa?”

“Are you avoiding me?” The dark haired man frowned heavily once more.

She gulped, yelling mentally at herself to get her act straight. “Yah, Cho! Do you really think I’d do that to you? You think so lowly of me.”

“It’s not that!” Kyuhyun raised his hands defensively even if he was still holding something. “It’s just that you didn’t talk to me last night.”

Sooyoung smiled apologetically. “Sorry, oppa… I had to leave right away.”

“First, I’m here to give you your breakfast. I got everything I know you’d like.” He forcefully placed the bag of food in her hands. “Second, where did you go last night?”

An amused smirked twitched at the corner of her lips. “Why are you asking, oppa?”

Kyuhyun tried to shrug as casually as he possibly could. “Just curious.”

“Yeah, right…” She burst out in laughter, failing to notice the look of happiness on his face at the sound she made. “Well, dad… A family friend needed help so I went to do just that.”

“Family friend?” The maknae repeated, not quite believing her. “What did the family friend need help with?”

Sooyoung paused for a moment, pretending to be interested with the contents of the plastic bag. “He just needed some help with courting this girl he likes.

“What are you? A love guru?” He teased, causing her to glare at him. “Go and eat, Soo. I’m sure you’ll be fine after.”

            She opened , ready to thank the young man for his care and concern, when a staff of the SM building approached the two of them. Much to both their surprise, the guy had a bouquet of flowers with him. Kyuhyun arched an eyebrow, knowing full well who they were for. It was just a matter of who were they from.

“Excuse me Sooyoung-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi…” The man bowed politely before fully facing Sooyoung. “These are for you.”

“Uh… T-Thanks.” She hesitantly accepted the red roses and the staff member hurriedly left.

“You have a secret admirer now?” Kyuhyun teased half-heartedly, fighting to keep his voice normal.

“Ha ha. Very funny, oppa.” The tall woman rolled her eyes, taking the card tucked among the flowers. Distancing herself a little from Kyuhyun, she cautiously read the card.

Dear Soo,

I hope you like the flowers. It’s just a small thank you gift for what you did for me last night. I really appreciated it. I’m lucky to have a friend like you. Good luck with you-know-who ;)

<3 Yonghwa

The message brought a bright smile on her face, making Kyuhyun more curious than ever. “Who’s that from?” He asked.

Sooyoung hurriedly tucked the card in her pocket. “It’s just from the family friend I helped last night. He just wanted to say thank you.”

“I think that family friend likes you.” He muttered under his breath.

“What?” Before she could pester him even more about what he said, her phone began to ring. “Eh? Excuse me, oppa. I’ll just answer this.” She took her phone and answered the call. “Hello?”

“Hey!” Yonghwa’s cheerful voice greeted her. “Did you get the flowers.”

Sooyoung grinned. Kyuhyun frowned. “I did. They’re really beautiful. Thank you!”

“I’m glad you liked them.” He laughed. “Hey, I have something to tell you.”

She arched an eyebrow, failing to notice that Kyuhyun moved just a tad bit closer so that he could hopefully hear who she was talking to. “What is it?”

“I’m going to have a duet with Hyun for the Incheon Korean Music Wave!”

“Really?! Oh my god! I’m so happy for you!” Sooyoung squealed, surprising Kyuhyun the most. She really was happy for Yonghwa. “You better kick , Yong.”

“Of course I will.” A beat passed. “Hey, I’ll talk to you next time. I have to go back to practice. Thanks, Soo! Bye!”

Sooyoung laughed, mumbling a goodbye before she ended the call. “Who was that?” Kyuhyun asked, obviously not in the good mood he was in earlier.

“Just a friend, oppa.” She laughed once more before she gave him a quick hug out of happiness. “Thanks for the food! I’ll see you later!”

            Kyuhyun could only watch as the leggy brunette ran back to SNSD’s rehearsal room, wanting to run after her but for some reason, his feet stayed glued to the ground. He loved how she hugged him and thanked him for the food. At least she appreciated his efforts of going out to buy all her favorite snacks.

But for some reason, he could feel that he wasn’t the real reason why she was so happy.