22 - I Love You

The Switch

I'm sad to say goodbye but this story was never meant to be long. So I hope you enjoy this last chapter of The Switch and thank you for staying with me through this ride!
 
LOVE ALL OF YA! :heart: Thanks to all who chatted with me here! :heart: :heart:
 
And this goes out to all Yulsic royals, ending with 21 and 22 is the best I can think of ;)
 

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KWON YURI!!!

 

Chapter 22 – I Love You
 
We regain consciousness and find ourselves lying on Yuri's bed, side by side. I turn to her and her, to me. The moment our eyes meet, I feel reborn. She seems to feel the same, I can see it in her eyes, that sparkle, that shine. We roll on our sides and face each other proper.
 
“Yuri...” I whisper first.
 
“Sica...” she whispers back.
 
My hands act like they have a brain of their own, moving towards hers, seeking...and finding...and as our fingers interlace, my lips curl, liking the feeling of her skin on mine. I wedge my leg between hers and she rubs hers against mine, returning the favour, returning the intent. This is good. This is Yuri. This is me. Us. Just two.
 
For a moment, I look around, wary but she caresses my face with her hands and smiles.
 
“I think it's just us now.”
 
“Hyoyeon had better not appear on top of us of anything like that,” I huff and Yuri giggles, surprising me when she pecks my nose playfully.
 
“I have no words to describe how you make me feel,” she says, wearing a handsome smile that makes me heart beat in double time.
 
“No words, never mind. Just show me,” I breathe, feeling the fire spark from within, stronger than ever before, tingles fluttering all around my skin.
 
“Show you...?” Yuri's eyes grow wide and unsure.
 
“I still want you,” I breathe as the heat climbs slowly but surely from the depths of my belly to my arms, neck...everywhere.
 
“You...still...want...”
 
I don't give Yuri a chance to process what I've just said. Instead, I bring an abrupt stop to her thoughts with my lips on hers. They part, and engulf, taking no prisoners. I roll on top of Yuri and use my position to lay my lips over hers as I like, taking in every inch, every bit of her.
 
“Sica...” she gasps when I lift my head for a moment but she barely has any time to even breathe because I'm back down on her, craving more than ever. I bite on her lower lip lightly and on it, running my tongue over her, making her shiver. I can feel the goosebumps rising on her arms and grin, with her lip still trapped between my teeth.
 
“Uuurree,” I call her name, and she moans, a low, husky sound from deep within. She has never sounded ier, and the hairs on my arm will attest to that since they're all standing at attention, yearning to hear her again.
 
I let go of her lip and whisper right next to her ear in the breathiest voice I've ever used. “I love you, Yuri.”
 
Her eyes spring open and blink into mine as I blush and smile. My fingers are buried in her hair, luxuriating in the feeling of being surrounded by silky smooth and my body, ever so aware that it is lying right on top of another. My blush deepens and my cheeks heat up but I know that this is not the time to back down.
 
So I said it again, “I love you.”
 
Hearing it from me for the second time seems to have convinced her that she isn't dreaming and this is actually happening. She beams at me, her features lighting up like a Christmas tree and she wraps her arms tightly around my waist as though I were a precious present she doesn't want to lose.
 
“I love you too.”
 
My eyes glisten at once, emotions I am unaware of surging to the surface all at once and I want nothing more than to feel her love in me.
 
“Then love me, Yuri. Love me now.”
 
Her eyes gleam and she surprises me by rolling us over so that I'm lying on the bed and she, hovering above.
 
“Close your eyes.”
 
I close my eyes as her lips press upon mine and dive deep into the sensations that she sparks in me. They are everywhere, in my toes, belly, fingers, and most importantly, my heart...
 
.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
 
With our hands clasped tight, we stroll down the beach, kicking the little waves that roll in to shore, enjoying the sea breeze that fumbles with our hair. We decided, this morning, to revisit the very spot where Yuri saved me, a little over a year ago. Well, actually, it was my idea but Yuri got so excited that it might as well have been her idea. Hahaha...
 
Yuri makes me laugh a lot and I'm always thankful to have her by my side. She's a strong pillar of support for me and I never hesitate to lean on her just as she never hesitates to tease me. She teases me about anything and everything. From my lack of savviness when it comes to electronic gadgets to my weakness in waking up to my fear of cucumbers. Anything and everything. But it's alright because I know that she loves me, cares for me and will stand up for me when necessary.
 
Just like the time when a brazen woman tried to get touchy with me at a club. She had me backed into a corner while Yuri was getting us drinks and oh was Yuri the fiercest thing on Earth when she found me. We had to say goodbye to the two drinks but I'd say they found a nice new home although the woman didn't seem to think so. Yuri didn't let me out of her sight after that and we had a very y night after we went back to her apartment. Hee hee...
 
“Right...here.” Yuri stops and grins, flashing her pearly whites proudly as she points at a spot in the sand. “I'll never forget this spot.” Then, she turns to look out at sea. “And you were floating over there.” She points and I look.
 
I don't know where I was since I was unconscious but I trust that Yuri knows this beach like the back of her hand.
 
“Then, I carried you over there.” She leads me to the beach chair where she had tended to me.
 
“All I remember are your fingers on my...” I trail off, too shy to say it in broad daylight at the beach.
 
“You're such a ,” Yuri teases, her naughty grin provoking me to smack her arm. She doesn't even flinch, she's so used to them, and her naughty grin remains, bold and proud.
 
“Go away,” I snap and push her hard. She stumbles a little but finds her balance quickly. Then, I'm back in her arms as though nothing has happened. Yes, she knows me too well. And sometimes, I think she even enjoys the violent side of me. She sure likes it when I smack her in the bedroom. I giggle at the thought.
 
“What are you giggling about?”
 
I shake my head and laugh. “You.”
 
“Me?”
 
“Yeah, you.”
 
“Why me?”
 
“Because I love you.”
 
Yuri plants a quick one on my cheek and chuckles. “I love you too.”
 
And as clique as it would sound, we kiss, right there, on the very beach chair where she first impressed me with her credentials. Right where it all began.
 
.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
 
I'm due for the radio show with Tiffany later this evening and Yuri has agreed to come along. Taeyeon and Tiffany are still none the wiser to our switching experience but Sunny and Sooyoung know better and till today, the secret lies within our eyes, and nothing more. Yoona and Seohyun too, have joined us in the broadcasting studio today and Yuri is pleasantly surprised to see them when we arrive.
 
“Jessica unnie invited us to come and see how the show is done since I'm taking a media course now,” explains Seohyun.
 
Yoona winks at me as she casually slides her arm around Seohyun's waist and guides her to a corner with two empty seats prepared for them. They've come a long way since Yoona finally worked up the courage to articulate her feelings for Seohyun a year ago. She'd always held back, believing Seohyun to be uninterested in romance, given her pragmatism and intense focus on her studies and work. But that little speech Seohyun had made, convincing me to mate with Yuri, had opened her eyes to Seohyun's sensuous side.
 
We take our places and Taeyeon and Sunny open the show with cheer.
 
“Hello everybody, I’m Taeng DJ.”
 
“And I’m DJ Sunny.”
 
“Welcome to Dandy Radio!”
 
“Heol daebak sagun!”
 
“What are you cheering about, Taeyeon?”
 
“It's winter!”
 
“Oh, yes, it is.”
 
“I love winter!”
 
“But it's so cold!”
 
“I love snow!”
 
“But it's so cold!”
 
“It won't be if you know what to wear!”
 
“Oh, can you help me? I don't know what to wear...”
 
“I'm not the expert but I have two with me today!”
 
“Oh! Yay!”
 
“Hi Tiffany, my love!”
 
Tiffany blushes an epic red but manages to return her greeting.
 
“Hi Jessica, the lovely!”
 
“Hi, everyone, I'm Jessica.”
 
“As always, I love hearing the both of you speak in English,” gushes Taeyeon but I know better. Taeyeon is whipped. So whipped by Tiffany.
 
I laugh. “Thank you.”
 
Meanwhile, Tiffany is blushing too hard to say anything. This happens week after week and I'm surprised listeners haven't asked Taeyeon to lay off on her over-zealous public declaration of her affection for Tiffany. I suppose they enjoy laughing at it as much as I do. Poor Tiffany. Or not. Hahaha...
 
“You're very welcome. Now, Tiffany, my angel, the time is yours.”
 
Tiffany stutters through her opening but gradually loses the embarrassment as she talks about the colours that are trending this winter and I chime in to talk about the types of footwear that are both fashionable and practical.
 
When we are done, Sunny thanks us and with a great, big smile, welcomes Sooyoung to introduce us to a few good restaurants to dine at, this holiday season. There is no doubt that Sooyoung has been to each one of them and I'm willing to bet my bed and pillow on Sunny being there with her, tasting every dish together.
 
When that segment is done, the show goes into a music break and Yoona winks at me again. I nod subtly. She then pats Seohyun's hand and the both of them disappear from the studio without anyone else noticing.
 
I flash an unnaturally bright smile when Taeyeon and Sunny look at me and they nod slightly before putting their earphones back on.
 
“And now, we have a special segment lined up for you today! It's so special that it's probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing unless we decide to do it again. Hahaha!”
 
Sunny rolls her eyes at Taeyeon. Yes, she can be quite the oddball with her quirky sense of humour at times.
 
“So Jessica has a special request today. Jessica?” Sunny smiles at me and a sudden jitter attacks my tummy.
 
Yuri is looking at me, surprised that I didn't tell her anything about this but all I give her is a quick smile before turning to the microphone.
 
“Ahem,” I begin by clearing my throat, not the best opening but, hey, I'm no professional. “Hi, It's Jessica again and this time, I'm not here to talk about colours or shoes or lipstick. I'm here today because today is a special day for a special someone.”
 
I hear a gasp and know that it's Yuri and allow myself a quick smile before continuing.
 
“That special someone is right next to me, holding my hand, making me feel safe and loved, as always. I want to thank her for being her, for being so wonderful to me, and for loving me so well. I hope I've loved her well too and I'll keep working on it for as long as we stay together. So today, I want to say happy birthday to Yuri and thank you, I love you.”
 
I finish my little speech and lean back, cheeks burning, breathless from the adrenaline zipping around, making my heart thump doubly quick. Yuri is squeezing my hand so hard that it almost hurts but I know that it's just her feeling touched.
 
“Sica...”
 
I smile and kiss her gently, a chaste lover's kiss, just as Yoona and Seohyun burst in with a pink birthday cake.
 
“Happy birthday to you..happy birthday to you...happy birthday to Kwon Yuri...happy birthday to you!”
 
Yuri looks positively radiant as she clasps her hands and closes her eyes to make a wish. She blows the candles out and we cheer as Taeyeon and Sunny close the show with a bang, literally, with a party popper. I kind of pity the listeners who are wearing earphones right now.
 
“Thank you, Sica,” Yuri says to me, her eyes shining with tears. She is touched, but so am I and we hug, tight and secure.
 
“I love you", she murmurs in my ear so that only I can hear her and my heart warms just like it does every single time she says it to me.
 
“I love you too,” I whisper in her ear and we part to look into each other's eyes.
 
Then, for the thousandth time and with many more to come, our lips meet and do the talking even as Hyoyeon, the newly appointed match-making fairy, makes gagging sounds resound magically in our ears.
 
.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

 

THE END.