Afterschool: To be or not to be

Apple Tree

After lunch you get out of the rooftop first and go to the girl's bathroom to wash your face. When Daehyun mentioned the word "go out", you automatically thought of Hoya. You decided to go to work early so you faked a bird flu... It was hard convincing the nurse but it worked. 

As you sit down in the bus to go to the amusement park for your work, you see a text message from Hoya. Your heart beats fast when you think of him and you don't want to feel this way but you already do so you check the text.

[Meet me in front of the school gate after school! Don't leave without me xD]

dot dot dot. awkward moment of silence. You don't know how to answer it back so you just be honest.

[I'm already out of school... haha on my way to work. Sorry! XP] sent. You turn off your phone because you're pretty sure Hoya is disappointed in you. As soon as it is off, you're curious so you turn your phone on and see a text from Hoya.

[Ohh really? Leaving without me, huh!? xP You're a mean buttface!! :( I'll be there in 30 mins so get ready to go on a date with me xD]

Phew, thank god, you thought. You were glad that he wasn't mad at you. 

[Okayyy! I'll see you in 30 minutes!! c: teehee!] You texted back. You closed your phone and went to the amusement park. You called your boss (Yongguk's brother). His voice was clearly weak and he said he was in the hospital with bird flu. OO the irony, you thought. He told you skip work today and that he was really sorry. She blew her own balloon and carried it around, waiting for Hoya to come. You thought about all the things you can do woth Hoya. A bit later, you got a text from an unknown number, soon to find out that it was from Yongguk telling her that his brother was sick. She knew it already but she pretended not to, just to show respect to Yongguk who texted in the middle of his class.

A few moments later, Hoya ran up to you in his uniform. A few people looked weirdly, as if you two were really bad kids who skipped school. It was true but you weren't really bad. You just didn't feel like school because of what you heard of your brother. 

"Danbi!! Did you wait a long time?" Hoya said as he saw the balloon in your hand.

"No, not at all. You came earlier than I expected you to be here! Good job!" You messed his hair. He smiled and gently took your red, helium balloon, your hands brushing against each other's hands making it awkward. You knew that you had to date one of the Apple Tree people but Hoya didn't know... Maybe he did but he wasn't there so he shouldn't know about it.

You two walked, wearing a couple headband. They were rat ears, yours in pink and Hoya's in blue. You guys took selcas together while you guys were eating, chilling, and riding roller coasters. Some of those pictures you both, especially you, looked ridiculously ugly yet Hoya uploaded them  in his instagram. You wanted to kill him but it was okay. It was one of the best days in your life, and you two were in there for free because you worked here for a long time. 

Around 5 o clock in the afternoon, there was a phone call for Hoya from Sungyeol when they were playing with the helium balloon. They up helium and picked up Sungyeol's call.

"Hi Sungyeol!!!! I'm Hoya--" Hoya said with a high voice.

"I'm Danbi!!" You said. and you both laughed, realizing how stupid you guys were. 

"DANBI. WHERE ARE YOU!?" Sungyeol said. "I have a cigarette for you!!" Sungyeol said.

"Shut up!!!" You yelled at him through the phone. "I don't smoke!! Hoya is going to misunderstand!! and I'm at the amusement park I work at.. Yongguk knows where. ahaha Hey! wanna meet up??" You say, excited in your helium voice.

"Sure. You read my mind xD Meet us in front of the gate, you two better not have while waiting for us" Sungyeol said in a teasing voice. You both went red.

"Bro that won't happen. You stop being erted!" Hoya yelled, his voice in a helium state but coming back to normal."

"Kayy. Daehyun will come later cuz  he has to meet up with Joon hyung. See you soon!" Sungyeol hung up, and made you nervous.

After that phone call you guys were a little bit awkward but it was okay later, talking naturally. You guys were talking about vinegar brownies then about why you hate the color black, and how Hoya knew unicorns exist. It was an immature but funny conversation. You walked ahead and Hoya looked at you with a sweet smile but you didn't notice it. 

You guys were at the gate and were laughing so hard when Sungyeol, Baro, and Yongguk came in. You wiped your tears and said hi to them.

"Yongguk we don't have work today!!" You told Yongguk. 

"Yeah..." Yongguk was looking at you weirdly. The fact that you had to go out with one of them made it so awkward for you to talk to them in a comfortable manner but you ignored it anyway.

Sungyeol lit two cigarettes and shoved one in your mouth. "You're beautiful when you smoke" Sungyeol said in an unconvinicing tone.

"Yeah right. I ain't doing this crap, it's complete trash" You take it out and put it in Baro's mouth. Baro smiled cutely at you when you shoved it in his mouth.

You guys went to ride roller coasteres, viking, bought food, wore couple rat ears, and when it was about 7 o clock, they went to the ghost house and Yongguk was in the lead, followed by you, Baro, Hoya, and Sungyeol. First time in your whole life you saw a facial expression on Yongguk's face and him screaming his lungs off. You snapped some pictures of his face with Yongguk's phone and uploaded it on his instagram without him knowing. Once, there was a hand from the ground coming out and grabbing Yongguk's ankle. When he felt it he screamed and ran into you. You were scared by him and jumped at Baro, then Baro couldn't win the weight and ran into Hoya, which Hoya fell down on top of Sungyeol and Sungyeol was at the bottom. You were laughing so hard and Yongguk was embarassed. 

After you got out of the ghost house, you saw Daehyun.

"Daehyun!!!!" You waved towards him and he looked up from his phone. He walked his way over and you gave him your rat ears. "Look at himm!" You yelled. You got out Daehyun's phone and took a selca of you and the boys and uploaded it on his instagram. You were spamming everyon's instagram with their phones. They didn't mind, you didn't care. You guys went another round of rides, and Daehyun looked tired but he liked it too, you saw the amusement in his eyes and it made you happy.

By 11 o clock there was no one but you guys and the amusement park was about to close. 

"It's getting late, I gotta go. My brother's going to be mad at me.." you said.

"I can drop you home, I live near by you" Daehyun said, who owned a motorbike.

"I can take Baro and Hoya them home" Sungyeol said, who owned a car.

"I should move near by you guys" Yongguk said as he got up first. He owned a motorbike.

"Today was so much fun! Thanks guys!!" You said, smiling widely.

"So. DId you make up your mind yet?" Daehyun said before Yongguk had a chance to leave.

"For what??" Hoya said.

"Oh you didn't know. Danbi has to go out with one of us because of Joon hyung. And she doesn't know who to choose" Daehyun said. Hoya was surprised.

"It doesn't need real emotions, you just have to show Joonie that you two love each other" Daehyun added.

"I can't choose now, it's so sudden." You said. 

"Okay then... Let's go then. See you all tomorrow morning!" Sungyeol said. Hoya and Baro waved at you and you waved back, smiling. 

Yongguk messes your hair. "See you tomorrow, sweet rain!" Yonguk said. You smiled back and your heart skipped a beat when he said sweet rain. 

"B-bye.." You said. Yongguk left.

"Look who's blushing!!" Daehyun said, after Yongguk wasn't seen.

"Shut up!" You hit Daehyun as you two walked towards Daehyun's motorbike. He gave you a helmet and Daehyun wore a baseball cap. Daehyun started his motorbike, brought your arms around him and started going. You felt yourself going red when he did this, this was your first time riding a motorbike. Joon didn't let you ride his because he said you were too fat. First he seemed to be going to your home but then later he changed his direction, going to the Han river. 

You guys got off at the river bank and he helped you get off. You guys sat down, watching the night lights and the busy city streets. 

"Why are we here?" You said.

"I don't know, I wanted to come here but if I dropped you home first then it would've been too late" Daehyun said.

"That's it? Hmph. hahaha" You joked.

"Well. No, I wanted to be here with you." Daehyun said, lying down. You knew his words weren't real but you blushed again. He pulled you down, making you lie down on his arm. He pointed up in the sky.

"See the three stars?" Daehyun looked at you. "That's the orion belt."  You squinted to see what was up there and it took you a while to find it.

"Now you can't see it well because we're in the city but I'll show you all the stars later." Daehyun said, putting his hand down.

"Promise?" You put your pinky finger up in the sky. Daehyun hooked his pinky finger on yours and promised.

You two were just lying there and you fell asleep. Daehyun looked at you and caressed your hair, took off his jacket and put it on you. He watched you sleep and was amazed by how beautiful you actually were close up. After 5 minutes, he wore his jacket back and woke you up.

"Danbi stop sleeping! You snored when you slept." Daehyun nudged you. You woke up.

"Oh my goodness I did!? crappp sorry about that, it was so comfortable though, your arm!" You were embarassed.

"Gotta get you home, get on the motorbike' Daehyun said as he got up, wiping himself from the grass.

"Yes leader of Apple Tree" You said as you hopped on the motorbike. He then again put your arms around his waist and locked your fingers, then safely dropped you at your home. You thanked him and stood there, watching him drive off alone. You found yourself wanting to ride that motorbike again.