Final Surprise

Chasing After One Love

“This is all too much... I don’t think I need anymore!” Taeyeon clasped her hands together and looked guiltily to the boys who planned another surprise.

They all thought otherwise. Taeyeon to them was the most kind-hearted and loving person out there. She would go out of her way just to help a friend. The guys thought that the least they can do, with all the recent dilemmas in her life, is to throw her a birthday party that’ll help her forget about her problems, even if it was just for a short while.

Suho began to argue back to Taeyeon.

“It’s not done yet, we still have stuff up our sleeves.”

“You can’t have a birthday without gifts.” D.O. added as he grasped Taeyeon’s hands.
He pulled Taeyeon into the kitchen where there lay a bunch of gifts on the floor.

“Ta da!” Baekhyun yelled as he stood beside Taeyeon. He then gently pushed her towards the presents.

“Guys really...I don’t need-”
Chanyeol puts his index finger on top of her lips to stop her from refusing.

“No saying no!

“Here!” Kai grabbed one of the wrapped boxes and pushed it towards Taeyeon. “Shut up and open it! Kai commanded.
“Come on noona!” Sehun urged on, while using a tiny bit of aegyo.

Taeyeon gave up and took the box. She shook it first before unwrapping it. She did like opening presents.
Taeyeon smiled widely as she held the present in her hands, which was a picture frame with collages of the guys picture plus hers. The others gathered around to have a look too.
“Well its really obvious who this is from.” Baekhyun stated disapprovingly. The boys all turned to look at D.O. who just stood there beaming.
“I love it! You even put pictures of the others on it! I wonder how they are?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

The collage was made from individual pictures of 12 people. However the photos used were all weird and derpy pictures of the boys that were taken unknowingly or at the wrong time. The only one that looked otherwise was D.O.’s, who was plastered right dabbed on the middle. It was a bit larger and taken at a flattering angle.

“Hey! When did you take that photo of me?” Sehun argued. His photo showed him with a dazed look.
“It’s easy! you look like that all the time!” D.O. snickered.
Suho analyzed his photo.
“Atleast you don’t look like you’re crying.”
“Or high.” Chanyeol sadly stated about his.
“I look like I’m about to kill someone.” Baekhyun whined.
Kai punched D.O. on the shoulders.
“Why did you make me look like that?” He snarled at D.O.
“I didn’t make you do anything.” D.O. simply stated.

Taeyeon continued to open the presents. She sat down in the kitchen floor as the guys handed a present for her to open. Each one bringing a bright smile to her face.

Chanyeol gave Taeyeon some foot insoles.
“You said you wanted to be as tall as me.” Chanyeol snickered.
“I don't think that'll ever happen. Even with this on.” Taeyeon pouted, pretending to be offended.
“That’s why I gave you a lot. Maybe you can stack a bunch of them under your feet.” Chanyeol joked.
Taeyeon just frowned, though on the inside she really was ecstatic for the gift. She was excited to try it on tomorrow, to see if it really did make any difference. She was tired of being short. She swooned at her self, as she imagined a much taller Taeyeon with long flawless legs.

Baekhyun gave her make-up. Taeyeon was happy for this. She was required at her job to put some on. She badly needed to buy some new one, but never had the time.
“I didn’t know what to get you, so my sister suggested that. Though she made me try some on once we were in the store!” Baekhyun told her sadly as he recalled the memory.
Taeyeon laughed hysterically at this. It was easy to imagine Baekhyun with make-up since he was still dressed as a girl, along with Chanyeol.
“It was weird...but I did like the eyeliner. So I kept it.” Baekhyun stated sheepishly.

Sehun gave her a big stuffed Dookong peas. Taeyeon squealed as she unwrapped it. She loves her dookongs. She was always looking for some, to add to her big collection pile in her room. Though this was the biggest she ever received.
She hugged the stuffed toy tightly.
“Thanks so much Sehun-ah!” Taeyeon looked like a contented little girl sitting on the floor.
“No problem Noona.” Sehun can’t help but laugh at her cuteness. Sometimes he forgets Taeyeon is older than her and was his noona.

Then last but not least, Kai handed her the remaining pink gift bag.
"From Victoria Secret?" Taeyeon gave Kai a warning glare.
“Before you judge so openly, why don’t you take a look. It's not what you think.”
Taeyeon lightened up a bit.
"Fine if you say so...”
Taeyeon reached into the pink bag with a hopeful thought that maybe Kai was telling the truth.

Taeyeon grabs the cloth at the bottom of the bag and brought it out for everyone to see. Taeyeon made a face. The boys all flushed pink, while Kai just wiggled his eyebrows.
"So maybe it was exactly what you think..." Kai smirked.
"Why? would you give me a thong? A see through one at that!”
Taeyeon threw it at Kai, but he dodged and it landed on Sehun's head. Sehun just froze there blinking. He had just imagine his Taeyeon noona in that and now it was on him. He couldn’t think straight.
"Thats it you been very hormonal tonight, you are getting a timeout.” Suho told Kai.
Kai just burst more into laughter, hearing the weird sentence.

After a few more minutes just laughing and talking. D.O. being the parental advisor, looked at the time.

“I think its time to call it all a night! I'm very tired! And Taeyeon just got home from work. She needs rest.” D.O. yawned.
Chanyeol pouted.
“But why? Don’t be such a party pooper, D.O.”
Taeyeon agreed with D.O. “No he’s right. I’m kind of tired. We’ll see each other again tomorrow anyways.”
Taeyeon patted the pouting Chanyeol’s back.

 

Everyone helped Taeyeon quickly clean up all the mess, as it was already getting late. Once they all finished, the boys filed out the door. Taeyeon embrace each one of them as they left, very thankful to have such wonderful friends in her life. The guys were just as happy to see Taeyeon smiling and enjoying everything.

As Taeyeon close the door shut after waving goodbye to them from down the hall. She can’t help but let out a big sigh. She was left alone again. Her apartment feels so empty now.

She made her way to her bedroom to change out her work clothes. She plop down on her bed and was about to snuggle under her blanket when the doorbell rang.
Taeyeon opened her eyes wide.
“Who could be ringing the doorbell this late.” She told herself as she got up and made her way towards the front door.

Taeyeon quickly peeked into the peep hole, there stood Suho, waiting patiently for Taeyeon.
Taeyeon opened the door.
“Suho? Did you forget something?” Taeyeon asked in concern. Suho just smiled nervously.
“Ah..ya..I just...forgot to give you this!” Suho brought his hands forward from behind him. He gave her two things.

“Perfume? And... Flowers?” Taeyeon chuckled at the items. “I’m not turning 21 oppa.”

Suho grinned and just shrugged.
“I forgot them in my car. I didn’t want you to think I didn’t give anything for your birthday.” Suho smiled apologetically.
“Oppa I would never think like that! You already did a lot for me today. I know you’re always there to protect me. You’re like the older brother I never had.” Taeyeon smiled warmly at Suho.

Suho sighed mentally, being called a brother by someone you liked was not sitting well with him though he can let it go since Taeyeon’s warm smile can make him forget anything.
“You know there is someone I can’t protect you from...” Suho whispered down to Taeyeon.
Taeyeon noticing the change in tone looks up to Suho.

“Hmm? Who would that be?” Taeyeon asked curiously

“......Me...” Suho leaned down closer to Taeyeon’s face.

“Oppa..?” Taeyeon froze as she looked straight into his eyes.

“You know what else goes with perfume and flowers, right?” Suho whispered gently.

Taeyeon before she knew what was happening, was met with Suho’s warm gentle lips. Though it only lasted but a mere second as Suho let out a yelp of pain. Someone kicked him at the back of the leg.

“Hey!” Suho shouted angrily as he turned and looked up to a familiar unexpecting face.
Someone stood there with his hands folded across his chest. His right eyebrow up in a curious manner.

“Kris Oppa?” Taeyeon was surprise to see him. She went up to hug him, since it’s been long since they’ve seen each other last. Kris after returning the warm hug, immediately pulled away wanting to deal with the topic at hand.

“Why were you guys kissing?” Kris examined the flowers and perfume in Taeyeon’s  hands.
“Are you guys going out?”
“What? Oppa just gave me these as a present for my birthday and the unexpected kiss... was part of it?” Taeyeon questioned herself, but then thought nothing more of it.
“Ya we’re still just friends.” Taeyeon went on. Suho cried mentally.
“Friends...? What kind of friend gives the other friend an unexpected kiss?” Kris asked doubtfully.
Taeyeon just gave Kris a knowing and accusing glare. Remembering an event from the past, Kris scoffed and let it go.

Suho sulked sadly to himself. He’s plan of showing his feelings to Taeyeon was ruined.
“What are you doing here anyway?” Suho told him harshly, though he knew he should feel happy to see a long time friend. It was just that he was in a very bad mood right now.
“We just came back from China. The others are downstairs talking to Kai, Sehun, and D.O. and these two girls.”
Taeyeon wanted to laugh at the last part, but a sudden thought caught her attention. She examined the luggage next to Kris’ feet.
“Then what are you doing here at my apartment? Shouldn’t you guys go to a hotel first?”
Taeyeon asked Kris the obvious. Then a smile played along Kris’ lips.
“No. We decided unanimously that we’d stay in your apartment for the time being. Since it is your birthday and all.”
Taeyeon just stood there, looking blankly at Kris.
“Well, we can’t do that unless you let us...So what will it be?”
Taeyeon heard the others coming noisily up the stairs. She saw Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen, and Tao behind Kris also carrying their luggages, like they expected all along that she would let them in her apartment. Taeyeon sighed, this is what she gets for being nice.
“Well...What can I do. You guys left me with no choice.”
She opened the door and held her arms towards the entry.
Suho stood there shocked and a little bit jealous.
“I thought so.” And with that Kris walked in with a grin on his face. The others followed after, greeting Taeyeon with warm hugs and smiles.

 

                                                                                                                             

Sorry for not updating for awhile. Schools already busy even know its only been 3 weeks since it started. I hope you guys appreciate the update and encourage me to keep going, because it really helps. I wanted say thanks to the new subscribers and to the people that left comments, because I really did want to update just for them. Tell me what you guys think of this new chapter. And to tell the truth I really wanted to elaborate more on some parts but i just wanted to finish quickly.

Just to let you know in this story they are all around the same ages and that Taeyeon’s age is right in between of exo.
Which would make Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Suho, Lay, Baekhyun older than her.
And Chen, Chanyeol, D.O., Tao, Kai, and Sehun would be younger than her.

And a little warning... this story might have lots of recalling from past events (flashbacks) and time skipping. lol Okay then.