Day O3; Restless

3O Day Drabbles [ WITH SHINEE AND OTHERS ]

 

Rating: G

Word Count: 722

Image Sourcehttp://boku-no-taemin.tumblr.com/post/28606637225

Date: Aug. 7th, 2012.

 

Kibum lay on his bed staring up at the ceiling above him. His fingers clenched at the bed sheet under him as he furrowed his brows in thought. He shifted his feet just a bit, causing the young male laying on his ankle to grunt in frustration. Taemin lifted his head slightly, only to rest it back on Kibum’s ankle when the male was done repositioning himself. His eyes were glued to the flashing screen of his Nintendo DS and his fingers frantically pressed at the buttons that allowed him to hack at whatever monster appeared on the screen.

Kibum let out a dramatic sigh, and quickly glanced down at Taemin, hoping that he had heard.

“What now, hyung? Can’t you see I’m slaying Nobodies?”

Kibum rolled his eyes and went back to staring at the small bumps on his ceiling. “What the hell is a Nobody anyways?”

Taemin groaned and propped himself up on his elbows, staring at the male as if this was something he should know. “A Nobody is the remains of a person who has lost their soul the Darkness. How many times do I have to tell you that?”

Kibum slipped his legs out from under Taemin just as the male leaned back to recline again. He smirked mischievously when his head bounced on the mattress and he shot him a glare.

“What game are you playing anyways?”

Taemin rolled his head to the side to stare at his friend. “Why are you asking so many questions today? It’s not like you care about what level I’m on, or how many awesome Keyblades I’ve gotten or how I’m almost do—“

“Shut up. I don’t care.” Kibum bluntly interrupted the boy and pushed himself into a sitting position, hugging his knees to his chest. He watched as Taemin turned the game off and sat in front of him, in the exact same position.

“What’s on your mind, hyung?” Just as Kibum opened his lips to explain, Taemin quickly added in. “And don’t tell me it’s nothing. Your exaggerated sigh has to mean something.”

Kibum blankly stared at his knees for a bit as Taemin scrutinized him. The events that had happened the past few days had kept replaying in Kibum’s head. It unnerved him. The trio that they had bumped into a few days ago wouldn’t leave his thoughts and Kibum felt the sudden urge to meet them again. To see his friend Jinki again, to talk to this Minho that upset Taemin so much, and most of all … to talk to the obnoxious thief Jonghyun. There was something about the short male that made Kibum curious. Something about him which caused Kibum to think about him so much that it was scaring the male.

The sound of snapping fingers caused Kibum to look up. “Hello, hyunnng, ya there?”

He laughed softly and looked up at the red haired teenager. He didn’t beat around the bush, and plainly asked, “Who’s Minho?”

The question seemed to have taken Taemin aback, for he froze and merely blinked at the older male a bit.

“What?”

“You heard me right. Who’s Minho? That tall kid with the other two that day at the festival.”

Taemin rolled his eyes. “I know who you’re talking about.” He averted his gaze and stared down at the floral bed sheets underneath the pair. “No one.”

Kibum furrowed his brows at him. “Lee Taemin. Don’t you dare tell me he’s no one when he had such an impact on you.”

Taemin jerked his head up and shot Kibum a glare full of such irritation that the other flinched a bit.

“Who’s Kim Jonghyun, huh?” Taemin retorted with the ghost of a grin on his lips.

Kibum narrowed his eyes at him and spat out. “No one.”

“Yeah sure. If he was no one you wouldn’t constantly be your wallet like there was some remains of him in there. Nor would you suddenly want me to take you to the park where you first met him. Neither would you – “

The younger boy stopped mid-sentence when Kibum practically jumped off the bed and stared daggers at Taemin. “I said he’s no one.” He hissed. With that, Kibum stormed out of the bedroom without turning back.

“Sheesh. Hyung needs to know how to take a joke.”