If only you knew

Ask me 1997 나한테 물어봐

'Was it my imagination or was Yoonjae staring at me last week?' Junhee was thinking while washing the dishes his sisters left out for him to clean. He kept replaying in his head the moment he hugged Siwon when Korea won against Japan in the football match. He felt a pair of blazing, firey eyes pierce through his skull. Was it Yoonjae? Well, what did it matter? He then felt his head ache from pain. What the--?

"Staring into space again, are we?"

"Yah! Noona! My head isn't for hitting practice!"

"Awww, isn't our little baby brother just adorable," she said in a baby voice while pinching Junhee's cheeks.

"Stop!"

"Hahaha! So cute." She then left the kitchen to attend to her own business. Junhee pouted and rubbed his pink cheeks, wincing in pain. He checked the wall clock on the wall beside him and it was almost nine in the evening. He quickly finished up the remaining dishes and went to his room. Although being the only boy with 7 sisters was unlucky, the only benefit he got from it was that he didn't need to share a room. His room was small but at least there was no estrogen in it. He'd need a break from all the women at some point. Besides, he had no interest in women since the beginning.  

He got his bag ready and made sure his hair was up and styled. Where was he headed?

"You going to cram school?" asked Junhee's other noona.

"Yeah."

"Don't stay out too late."

"I know."

"Okay, see you later."

Without any other questions or doubts, Junhee left his house, no suspicions attached. Everyone believed him when he started saying he had been attending a cram school, but in fact, he'd been sneaking out to go to the farther side of town to where the gay clubs were. Yes, Junhee, second highest in high school, was actually a party-goer. What? Was it that hard to believe?

♥ ♥ 

"Junhee-yah! How's my little Chicken* doing?!" greeted the bartender, who was about twice Junhee's age but still keeping up with the latest trends and his complexion is near perfect.

"I told you to stop calling me that, didn't I, Jongie-hyung?"

Jong grabs Junhee's usual drink, a cold light beer. "You're still a Chicken until that pretty face of yours gets wrinkled up."

"Whatever, hyung, haha!" Junhee laughed. "Anyone interesting tonight?" Junhee asked as he sat on the bar stool and looked out at the dancefloor a few steps away from his seat.

"That one over there," Jong pointed, "He's 21. Tall and fresh from Daegu."

"Not exactly the most handsome, is he?"

"You could say that but I heard his skills in bed can blow you away, if you know what I mean," Junhee faced his much older friend and the latter winked, making Junhee laugh.

"Any other options?"

Jong hums and contemplates as his eyes spot a good catch. "Over there. 23-years old, pleasing to the eyes to say the least. He's actually been interested in meeting someone that can hold an intellectual conversation."

"Does he work?"

"I'm not sure if he's working since he told me he's a graduate student."

"He sounds too boring, though."

"Why don't you test the water before jumping in?"

With Jong's final words, Junhee was convinced and decided to give the 23-year old a try. After downing his beer, Junhee ed his top two buttons and began to dance, keeping his eye on the 23-year old. As he stepped within the guy's personal circle, Junhee dances to the music. The guy is taken aback but willingly accepts Junhee as a dance partner. The two hit it off pretty well, a good 20 minutes of dancing got them tired.

"You're here on break?" Junhee asked the guy, who introduced himself as Jang Dongwoo. 

"Yeah. Just wanted to get away from school stuff. I was really hoping for a distraction."

Junhee took a sip of his 2nd bottle and bit his upper lip. He placed his hand on top of Dongwoo's, "I could be your distraction."

"E-Excuse me?"

"You said you needed a distraction. Give me half an hour, you'll definitely forget about school."

The guy's eyes glimmered, obviously interested. The two got up from their stools and decided to rent a room at a nearby motel. As the two left the club, Jong said to himself, "I'm such an awesome matchmaker."

♥ ♥ 

Monday.

"Junhee-yah!" a familiar voice called out. 

"Hm? Hey, Yoonjae." 

"Where were you yesterday? I called your house and one of your sisters said you'd gone to cram school. I asked the cram school and they said you didn't come in. What gives?"

Junhee's eyes widened. Was Yoonjae suspicious? Maybe Yoonjae knew... that he was gay? It wasn't possible. Junhee was sure to be careful when going out to the club to hook up. He had to think of a lie. A lie easily believable.

"I-I wanted to skip cram school to... go to the public library."

"Really? Why can't you start living for once?"

'Phew. He believed it,' Junhee thought, relieved. "Some of us want to actually be number one in school this time."

"Omo, is Kang Junhee finally going to beat me for the number one spot? This is news channel worthy! Haha!"

The two shared a few laughs as they walked to school. Yoonjae comfortably placed his arm around Junhee's shoulders. It was just friendly skinship for Yoonjae, but for Junhee, it was more than just skinship. It was the closest he could get to actually touching Yoonjae intimately. 

'If only you knew...'

♥ ♥ 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

*Chicken - a young gay

OMG! I actually updated. It's been so long. I apologize for it being so late. Hehe. I hope you enjoy this update. Please do leave comments. I love reading them! They help me build up confidence and actually write. Hehe.