The hug means nothing

Ask me 1997 나한테 물어봐

September 28, 1997

Junhee was getting himself ready to watch the World Cup qualifiers at Sung Siwon's house. It was a match between Japan and Korea, Junhee wasn't going to miss it... especially since Yoonjae was going to watch it with him. But not alone. Everyone was there. Siwon, Yoojung, Sungjae, their new friend Hakchan and Siwon's parents. Once he arrived, Yoonjae was seated on the sofa and introduced Junhee to Siwon's dad.

As for Siwon's mom, she actually took a liking to Junhee for being nicer than most boys. Even helping out in the kitchen as they waited for the game to really start.

"Where's Ahjumma*?" Junhee asked after his introduction to Siwon's dad. Yoonjae pointed towards the kitchen. Junhee then left the living room to sit across Siwon's mom at the kitchen table.

"Ahjumma," Junhee called for Siwon's mom, "you started using a clay mask, didn't you?"

"Oh! How did you know?"

"Your skin looks very nice today."

Siwon's mom was flattered and started touching her own cheeks, showing how much softer and lighter it got.

"Soon, you'll look like you're in your twenties," Junhee complimented with a matching smile.

"Oh, such a good kid you are. Siwon should have a nice husband like you!"

Junhee just shyly smiled. Of course, that wasn't possible since all Siwon had in her mind was Tony Ahn of H.O.T. and all Junhee had in his mind was... Yoon Yoonjae. As Junhee playfully put aside Siwon's mom's comment, behind him, Yoonjae was a bit upset over the idea.

 ♥ ♥ 

Junhee entered Siwon's room. The two girls, Siwon and Yoojung, were glued to the computer screen for some reason.

"Hey, you guys want some salad?" he asked them. 

Yoojung started waving her hand, telling Junhee to come over to them.

"I got a message from the Seoul guy I chatted with!" Siwon exclaimed. Apparently, the message read that the Seoul guy would be waiting at 2pm for her. The girls were getting excited.

"That means you'll be dating a Seoul guy!" Yoojung said ecstatically. As Siwon began to show enthusiasm, Junhee grabbed her by the cheeks and told her, "Good luck"

At that very moment, Yoonjae walked inside the room telling them the game was going to start. He was frozen, upset over Junhee and Siwon's current position. Junhee quickly removed his palms from Siwon's cheeks, Yoojung even fleeing the scene.

"The computer is bad for your health. Get out here," were the last words he said before stepping out of the room angrily, slamming the door as he did.

Siwon turned her head to face Junhee, asking him bravely, "Do you still like him?"

Junhee just smiled it off. Even if Yoonjae showed such a bad attitude, Junhee loved everything about him. Any tiny bit of a flaw was nothing for Junhee. But he wasn't going to tell Siwon that.

 ♥ ♥ 

The game finally started! They were watching with such anxiousness. Yoonjae was seated on the sofa, Junhee in front of him and on the floor. Everyone was getting nervous, Yoonjae was hugging Junhee from behind with one arm. Junhee's focus was split. He didn't know whether he was nervous because of the game or the fact that his first love was hugging him in such a way. Either way, his heart was beating at a rapid pace.

The game finally picked up and Korea scored their first goal. Everyone thought there was no hope for the team but everyone cheered once Korea scored the goal. There was shouting and clapping and hugging. Siwon and Junhee shared a hug to celebrate; however, a certain someone kept staring at the pair. Yoonjae's eyes could pierce right through the two. 

He was angry... but... what for? It was just a hug. The hug meant nothing.

'Why... don't I like them hugging?' Yoonjae asked himself in his mind. Junhee being friendly with his childhood friend. 'Am I selfish? Why do I want Junhee to hug me... instead...? No! I'm being ridiculous. It's just a hug... it doesn't... mean anything...'

From them on, Yoonjae wondered if it was just his friendly attachment towards Junhee that made him dislike the hug. But he was certain, it wasn't because he liked Junhee.

 ♥ ♥ 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I finally finished this chapter! Sorry if the update is late.

Actually, I was waiting for more Yoonjae x Junhee moments in Reply 1997 which I can incorporate into the fic. Let's see where everything goes. ^^

Thank you for your kind support! I really wish Yoonjae did end up with Junhee in the drama. If they don't, I have this fic to make my fantasies come true. LOL! 

Please comment a lot so that I'm encouraged to finish this fic until the very end. <3