♥ writing point a to z part 1 2 « --

Writing Adventure

 

Writing: Point A to Z Part 1

The first hint of an idea Part 2

 

Now, I'm back. OMG ! Going to update again. Please give lots of love. <3 I missed all of you. :)

 

setting
The setting of a story is the place where the story happens and the time when it happens. The setting answers the questions of where and when. The setting doesn’t have to be a real time and place.

There are many different kinds of stories such as horror, fantasy, mystery, science fiction, and adventure. Choosing the right setting is important to ‘set the mood’ of the story.

 

characters

  1. Create a character grid for the heroine, hero, and villain that includes for each key character a brief background establishing their history and ordinary world, the inciting incident pulling them together and into the story, their long range goals, their short range goals, barriers to a relationship, external and internal conflicts, the black moment, and the realization moment.
  2. Define the characters with photos to refer to and create a character contrast chart.
  3. Create a basic 2-3 sentence summary of the story line (short blurb, pitch).
  4. Consider what research needs to be done for settings, character depth of job knowledge, anything else particular to the story. Begin locating the research necessary.
  5. Create a story progression and outline spreadsheet.
  6. Create a timeline chart or calendar to keep track of when and where events in the story happen.

 

last note:

This seed of an idea comes from some outside inspiration (a movie, a TV show, something you read, a conversation overheard, music, etc.). 

 

Source: rubbishtopublish and bogglesworlesl