Epiphanies

Promises, Promises

Kyungmi's  POV

The song ends, and my mind returns to reality. Well, it was nice while it lasted. The crowd was roaring, but everything seemed faint and far away. After that, everything was a blur, and next thing I know, I'm standing in the middle of the stage with Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk and Seohyun.

"Okay, so before we announce the winner, we want to give these to Kyunnie and Seohyun-shi," Teukie ahjussi said, while handing the two of them what I presume to be Lotte World tickets.

When did he get here? Why am I feeling so light headed? Ohh, look! The room's swaying. Oh wait, that's just me.

"Hey, are you okay?", Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around my shoulders securely, right as the ground was about to claim my face.

I look up, and see his face inches from mine. I gulp, and quickly turn away to face the still cheering crowd. Oops, I shouldn't have done that. Kyuhyun's grip tightens as my head began to spin again and swirls of color attempt to engulf me. Deep breaths, Kyungmi. In through the nose and out from the mouth.

Seohyun's POV

Why is Kyuhyun with that girl? He should be with ME!! He's my valentine. Park Kyungmi, you will learn never to mess with Seo Joohyun.

Narrator's POV

"Okay, now to determine the winner. If you want Seohyun and Eunhyuk to win, please screa--"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! SARANGHAEYO LEE HYUKJAE! MILKY WHITE SKINNED LEE HYUKJAE!!" The screaming and the fanchants continued.

Though he didn't know how those girls figured out his real name, Eunhyuk grinned widely, seeing at how popular he had gotten in one night. Kyungmi smiles at the cafe's enthusiasm. Eunhyuk does know how to attract a crowd. "Okay okay, quiet down. Now if you want Kyu and Kyungmi to win-"

"YEAHHHHH!! WOOO!!" Everyone turned to see who had made the outburst, and who could it be, but Heechul.

There was a moment's awkward silence, but then the rest of the cafe followed suit with, "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! KYUHYUN AND KYUNGMI FIGHTING!!"

"Okay, I think we have hear enough to figure out the winner now. AND PLEASE DON'T INTERRUPT ME THIS TIME," Leeteuk said jokingly, to which everyone responded with laughing. "And the winner is..."

A strong tension filled the whole cafe, as they all became mute to hear who the overall champion would be. "KYUHYUN AND KYUNGMI!!!!"

The whole cafe once again erupted into a deafening applause. Confetti rained from the cieling, closely followed by balloons. Kyungmi was just looking around, not understanding Leeteuk's words. Kyuhyun grabbed Kyungmi, and pulled her into a hug. "Haha! We won!!"

"Yeah, I guess we did..."

Kyuhyun was still hugging her tightly, when Seohyun ran up to them, and tapped Kyuhyun on the shoulder. He released Kyungmi, and turned to an expectant Seohyun. Just as he made the complete 180 degree turn, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Seohyun's POV

"Congrats, oppa! I knew you would win!", I say, and take a glance to Kyungmi. She's looking! This is my chance. I close my eyes, and lean forward to touch my lips to Kyuhyun oppa's. This is what she gets for going against me...

Your POV

The moment their lips make contact, my knees go weak, and I knew I was definitely going to collapse. But instead of feeling the stage's floor, I felt a pair of arms catch me. I look up, and see Eunhyuk. I turn my head back towards Kyuhyun, and I feel a stab to my chest, once again. This time, it hurts more than the other times combined.

"What's wrong?", Eunhyuk shouts at me over the noise of the customers, who were now leaving.

"I-it hurts." Am I crying?

A knot in my throat forms, and in a failed attempt to talk more, I let out a stifled sob.

"Shh. It's okay, I'm here for you." I turn, and bury my face in his chest.

Its so comfortable and warm, so why don't I feel better? I hate this feeling. But what is it? Hate?  Jealousy?

...Love?

Kyuhyun's POV

I break the kiss with Seohyun. Actually, I push Seohyun away from me. WHAT DOES SHE THINK SHE'S DOING?! 

"Oppa, what's wrong? Don't you like me?"

Yes, I do. So why didn't I like that kiss? Why do I feel even guiltier than before? I begin searching for Kyungmi, but I have no idea what she has to do with anything.

I finally see her, in Eunhyuk hyung's arms. A burning feeling builds up inside of my stomach, and my chest begins to feel painful. What's happening? I clench my jaw, and try to endure it . "Oppa? Are you even listening to me?" How could I pay attention to anything, when I'm in so much pain?

"Yah! Oppa! Can't you pay attention to me for once? I'm your valentine!! Not Kyungmi!! If you don't look at me right now, I'm never going to talk to you again!!"

"FINE! THEN DON'T!"

Seohyun scoffs, then slaps me in face. I didn't even feel it, since my body was numb from the pangs of pain I'm experiencing. "Good bye, Kyuhyun-sshi."

Why did I just do that? I feel so helpless, and yet I know it has nothing to do with Seohyun. I know only one possible answer, but it's unbelievable.

'Or you just don't want to believe it.'

...I love Kyungmi?


YESS~ cliffhanger ^^ well, sorta. I wanted to try to post this on saturday, but I guess I'm too late.. 30 minutes. -.- Anyways, hope you guys liked it :D