Farewell Noona

Baekhyun's Point of View

 

“Are you sure you can handle all of them?” My mom was being considerate as always with the shopping bags. Tomorrow is already the start of school semester and so my mom and I went out to buy groceries to prepare for school. My mom’s lunch box is always the best.

“I’m fine. Although I might look weak, I’m actually very strong! Keke…” I grinned at her. She smiled back hearing such a foolish answer.

“Why isn’t hyung with us?” Finally I said it. Usually mom will drag hyung and I to the grocery store. But she seems to pass hyung and pestered me all morning. “He needs some space. I let him off for today.”

She opened the door for me and quickly went to her bedroom to change her clothes to her usual home dress. It must be hard to be a mom, cooking and cleaning will dirty up her dress. Every time when she needs to go outside, she need extra time to get ready. As a child, I think it’s important to help her with the household.

Speaking of household, Sooyoung-noona always comes to our house to help my mom with the cooking. Our house is already her second home. I remembered she’s been complaining about her being the only child made her feel really bored staying at home for too long.

I peeked at the window, wondering if noona will come to our house again today. I was surprised, as I saw the garage of her house suddenly opened, revealing her father was checking the car engine with travel bag and boxes in front of the car. Noona was carrying another box before she opened the car boot to place them in.

“Huh? Are they going somewhere?” Unconsciously, I talked to myself. My mom, who suddenly answered my question got me taken aback, “Sooyoung is going back to her university.”

I stare at my mom, but she understood my puzzleness, “They’re not moving. Mr Choi is sending his daughter to university. Tomorrow is also the start of a new semester. She’s staying in dorm.”

“Does hyung knows about this?” I asked mom. With all the bickering for almost three months of summer, I am sure hyung would be very happy that noona will be far away from him.

She nodded, “He’s also a college student. Of course he knew. He’s been in his room all day.”

My feet started to take steps to hyung’s room as I wondering if he’s celebrating or something.

I turned the knob and push the door opened. “Hyung?”

He was organizing his game shelves. That was something rare to see. His room was cleaner than before. And the only spot that wasn’t tidy was the shelves and his game collections. “You’re cleaning your room?”

“Woah! Hey! Knock the door before coming in!”

I just realized he was wearing earphone all time. I apologize for my manners before asking him the same question twice.

“I’m taking a bath.” He answered it sarcastically. I smiled at his joke. I felt stupid for asking such an obvious question.

“Eh? Are you throwing them away?” I pointed to a small box, full of his games compatible for Nitendo 3DS.

He gave me an evil glare. “Are you crazy?”

I take that as a ‘No.’ I must say he seems to be in a very bad mood. I just sit there beside him, watching him.

“When I’m done, let’s play this game. Starting tomorrow until New Year, I think it would be hard to get mom’s permission to play them.” I gave hyung an okay sign, indicating that I was gladly to join him. He finally smiled and I left the room.

I went down the stairs, remembering that I was planning to help my mom with the chores.

“Ah, mind if you help me to give them to Sooyoung? I’ll be outside in a minute. I think she’s about to leave.” Mom handed me one huge jar of cookies- noona’s favorite food every time she came to our house.

There are times when I do believe that the only reason she is nice to us is because of these cookies. I took a deep breath. It was fun having her around and I must admit that I do felt a little sorrow to see her leaving although I know she’ll be back during semester break.

Noona looks extra beautiful today. Her fringe was parted to her left and her braided hair at the back was tied up nicely. I guess she couldn’t let her hair fall off like usual because of the packing and lifting boxes. Mom usually told me this kind of stuff when we were doing house chores together. Mom would easily get mad if even one strand of hair suddenly ‘blocks’ her view. She got stress with simple things when she’s tired. I guess that applied to all women.

“Baekkie! Is that for me?” Her eyes were wide opened, observing the cookie jar that I was holding.

“Yes, Mom wants you to have it.” She thanked me and kept the jar in the car.

She gave me her ‘last advice’ about Japanese language and how to keep up with school works. I felt so sorry for her because obviously my brain wasn’t planning to absorb any information on education when I was just informed that she is leaving. I just nodded, lying that I understand them. Mom suddenly appeared behind me and joined our conversation before she went to noona’s parents to greet them. Finally, they're done lecturing me.

“By the way Baekkie, where’s Kyuhyun-oppa?” She snapped. I showed her his room’s window.

She gave a loud sighed and walked in a fast pace into our house. I spaced out for awhile.

I went to my mom to listen to her conversation with noona’s parents. Later after I realized they were gossiping about other neighbors, I knew I couldn’t blend in. I went inside my house wondering what was taking noona so long. I was hoping that she didn’t bickering with hyung again.

The house was in silent. At least that indicates that they are not fighting. It's a good sign. I went upstairs to hyung’s room recalling that noona was looking for him and hyung was in his room before I went outside.

I turned the knob and quickly opened the door. As soon as I saw them, my hand swiftly pulled the door closed. My legs were shaking letting my body slide down as I leaning to the door to sitting position. I can’t believe what I saw. Noona was on hyung’s computer table while hugging the same small box that hyung filled with Nitendo 3DS games before. Hyung was standing in front of her, with one arm wrapped around her shoulder while the other hand was supporting his body bending towards her. And their lips..they were too close.. no,. they were locked together. I tried to digest everything that I saw.

Just then, my back loose the support of leaning as the door opened up. I fell on the floor, facing the ceilings.

Hyung suddenly appeared on my view, looking down at me. “I told you to knock first.”

Noona was laughing uncontrollably, “Baekkie is forever the cutest person I ever met!”

“How is that cute? He’s already 18 years old but got scared with just seeing people kissing.” Hyung sarcasm made my face feels like going to explode with blood. I stood up to hyung to defend myself and to let him know that I am not a person who doesn’t grow up. But when I saw his red face, I decide to keep in silent because he is obviously embarrassed with the incident.

“That’s why I said he’s cute. Don’t worry Kyu-oppa, you are still the only one I love after my parents.” She gave hyung a wink; and then messing up my hair and tapping my head like usual.

“I wasn’t questioning about your loyalty.” He lightly grabbed noona’s hand and my shoulder and guided us out from his room to the stairs. Along the way to downstairs, noona and hyung couldn't stop bickering. Noona was accusing him for being too jealous by following her here and there especially at the zoo and the beach, while hyung was defending himself by exposing noona’s weakness on various things that would make people worried. 

As we stepped outside the house, hyung stood inside the house watching us leave.

“You’re not going outside?” I asked hyung. He didn’t answer.

Noona rushed towards him and gave him a long hug. “See you. I’ll promise you I’ll come back during the semester break.”

“I know.” Hyung kissed her again quickly, before letting her go and he went straight in the house.

“Your brother hates farewell.” Noona came back to me.

For the second time, she caught me frozen, basically I’ll be like this whenever I saw them kissing. I was seriously couldn’t get myself into a picture of seeing noona and hyung, who I comfortably seeing them as two person who couldn’t stop fighting when meeting, were making out in front of me. Why I didn’t know anything about this?

“Since when did you and hyung.. Did you break up with your boyfriend?” I took courage to ask her.

“Aaa.. We’ve been together.. since.. I think it’s around your birthday. Your brother is my first boyfriend. Why? You didn’t know? I thought you knew because you didn’t said anything when your friends were asking me about my relationship status at the beach. Your mom didn’t tell you?” She was cracked up after knowing that I know nothing about their relationship.

“Mom? She knew about it too?!” I was double surprised.

“Yes, we asked your and my parents’ permission because it would be very awkward if we keep it a secret. You realized that I’ve been playing games in your brother’s room lately, right? Kyu-oppa told me I’m the only outsider girl who get his permission to enter his room. Wait; don’t tell me he is lying.” She pouted, pissed off.

I paused, trying to remember all the details about noona and hyung. If I’m not mistaken, after the day I passed out at the zoo, she did stopped calling him Kyunnie and hyung also stopped making pranks on her like he usual did every morning. I thought they were eventually become lazy and bored with the same routine. I was totally wrong.

“He’s not lying. You are the only girl he let into his room and even lending you with his games.” I pointed to the box she’s holding. She laughed again.

“Why hyung? I thought you always fighting with him.”

She grinned. “I like a person who I can argue with. Your brother has his own charming side and he expressed it in his own way. When you noticed that side, you’ll be smiling all day long laughing at his foolishness trying so hard to hide it.”

“I don’t get it.” I told her honestly.

She laughed and told me not to bother by it.

“How did you get into relationship? That part is the only thing I can’t imagine.”

She stared at me, smirking evilly. “Do you really want to know? Are you sure you can handle it? It’s 26++ rated.”

I shake my head in horror. “I guess no. I think I’m good.”

She chuckles and later she told me she was kidding. It was far from even 10 years old rated. I refused to know and insisted her to keep that story when she come back home.

She smiled at me, showed me her pinky finger and intertwined with mine.

“I’ll be back. Come on, I’m going to study in a university not fighting in a war. But in the mean time, please check your brother for me. Let me know if he cheats on me. I will call my friends from the Defense Department to give a tank for me to drive and blows up his room. I will break all his game collection and made him suffer for the rest of his life.”

Again, I stared at her in horror. She is indeed a very scary noona. Her evilness really matches with hyung’s but when they’re together, I think the sweetness does emerged but in their own way, like bickering... Yeah, I have to admit, I don't understand hyung and noona.

Suddenly, everything in the past about hyung flashed back into my memory. No wonder hyung kept on poking me hard trying to make sure whether I like noona or not before he dates her. Now that I think about it, just like what noona said, hyung does have his own charming side. The side that is very caring to others, but he done it coldly.

 Noona is a very awesome person. She saw it all along. I guess that settles my curious mind between those two. Haha.. Kris, Minseok and Luhan must be really surprised if I told them that the lucky person is actually hyung! Ahhh! Now I remember that hyung was smiling secretly when she mentioned about having a boyfriend at the beach! Tssk! Cheesy!

“Baekkie? Baekhyun? Yo! Are you daydreaming? Hey!” Noona brought me back to reality.She went inside and to the back seat of the car. She waved me goodbye while scrolling the car’s window down. She popped out almost half of her upper body and waved frantically to our house.

“YOU! MAMA BOY! STOP CRYING!!! I’LL BE BACK!! STUDY WELL AND GRADUATE! I’LL DEFINITELY COME TO YOUR CONVOCATION! BYEEEEEE!!!!”

The car already moved and noona's parents were appalled by her actions. They were madly trying to pull her back inside the car.

Hyung was watching from his bedroom window and yelled back at her. “SHUT UP! I’M NOT CRYING!!” He gave her the widest smile I ever seen while waving her good bye.  

I can’t stop laughing watching them.

 

{THE END}

 

Author's note:

FINALLY~!!!!! Thanks to all the commenters with your direct and personal supports, subscribers who gave me strength to continue writing, and silent readers who increases the viewing numbers... (T.T) I LOVE YOU ALL~~!!!!

deathangeL_se7en, sY-JaeHa, kyusseu, kimpam_moon, randomyetlovelypairs, Keii-chan, sooyoungee, KamiliaBBC and sk8ter_ecka:

Yes, this is a kyuyoung fic while emphasizing how good brother-son Baekhyun is~! hehe~ This is all in Baekhyun's point of view on how everything that relates to him actually becoming the factors and reasons of his brother and his neighbor to get together. And.. I couldn't add or let Siwon and EXO members to become Kyu's rival because that will make this story too long although it supposed to be a one-shot story. (I got carried along the way..hehe)

THANK YOU, GUYS~!!!

Peace and Love~!