FOOD WAR

Baekhyun's Point of View

 

“TOO MUCH NOISE!” Hyung barged into my room.

“Sorry, hyung. We are planning to go to beach tomorrow. So, we are discussing what we’re going to do. Sorry about that. We’ll try to lower our volume then.” I smiled. Hyung nodded, didn’t say anything and left my room. He came back immediately to my room after a few seconds.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Something’s wrong with your room.” He scanned everything around my bedroom and suddenly yells out loud after he realized the presence of Sooyoung-noona.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? You’re the only girl in this room.” Hyung’s words are like dropping a bomb in a beginning of a war. I was expecting a harsh reply from Sooyoung-noona, but she stayed quite while still chewing my mom’s biscuits. She doesn’t seem to bother.

“Why? What’s wrong of having a girl in this room? She’s our friend after all,” Luhan gave me chills for his feedback. I saw Kris was smirking while Minseok whispered to noona, telling her to relax.

“Kyuhyun-oppa, Kris, Minseok and Luhan are my friends too. Same age. They invited me to join them to the beach tomorrow. Basically, I’m SUPPOSED to be in this room.” She finally said something after a long silence and death glare between hyung and my friends. Yes, I have best friends who are two years older and younger than me. No big deal, they are my precious friends who will be there for me. That’s also the reason why I don’t call them hyung. We are too close.

“What are you wearing at the beach tomorrow?” Hyung got me surprised with his sudden question. Noona surprised me with no reaction except from continue eating those cookies.

“WHY ARE YOU ASKING A GIRL THAT KIND OF QUESTION?!” Minseok was the one who explodes. His face was already dark red. Even I got embarrassed with hyung’s question.

Kris suddenly stands up, walking towards hyung, “It doesn’t matter what she’ll be wearing tomorrow. She’ll be gorgeous like every day. Now, would you please leave the room so that we could discuss this peacefully? We promise you that we won’t speak loudly.” He hold hyung’s arm and showed him the way out of my room. Kris is indeed a very brave guy. I got worried if hyung will take revenge on me when the discussion is over. I could only sigh.

I caught Sooyoung-noona secretly smiled behind the large cookies which she was holding. She saw my worried face and tried to reassure me to call her if hyung does anything to me later. She knew my family too much. I love the side of her that understands us without the need to say anything.

That night, as I was making a list for tomorrow’s picnic, I got surprised with a sudden laughter from hyung’s room. In order to satisfy my curiosity, I went to his room. Noona was there, playing video games. She was celebrating her winning in getting the first place in a car race. As soon as she saw me, she grabbed my arm and forced me to dance along with her. It was totally random dance.

“My friend Yesung could do better than that!” Hyung was holding his laughter while pointing at me. I got puzzled for a while, trying to recall which hyung’s friend is Yesung. Yeah, now I remember Yesung-hyung, the person who is hyung biggest competitor in terms of voice but failed miserably in dancing. Hyung has been calming himself every time when he got defeated by Yesung hyung in singing competition by telling himself he’s better looking and better dancer than him. Whatever hyung. But then, the fact that hyung comparing my dancing with Yesung-hyung is a bit off limit.

“Who’s Yesung? Baekkie, you’re okay?” Noona took a long stare at me being embarrassed.

“Haha.. Of course I’m okay, noona.” I gave her a peace sign. She gave me a light hug and guided me to my room for a good night sleep, emphasizing that the time has already late. There are many times when I think noona forgot about my real age. I’m not an elementary school boy who needs to get to bed that early. I’m just two years younger than her! Oh well, at least she’s the most thoughtful noona I ever met. She might be taking extra care of me since ‘the zoo incident’. 

That morning, I packed up extra clothes, mats… anything related to the beach. After a while, I throw all of those things on my bed to scan which and what to bring and not to bring.

“Do you want some help?” Chanyeol got me surprised to arrive at my house early. Thankfully, he helped me with the stuffs and hand me my bag after he’s done.

“I don’t know what to do if you’re not here. I’m not good in organizing things.” I shaked his hand and he chuckles saying that he knew about it and that was actually the reason for him to come early to my house. He told me that I usually screw up on packing things although I have done a check list the night before. Chanyeol is definitely my greatest friend.

As we were walking down the stairs, we could hear Sooyoung-noona and my mom were busy preparing for the food. Everything was packed nicely in four huge lunch boxes. She wrapped them up together and placed them into a basket. She ‘leisurely’ went to our house’s store room to take out umbrella, folded beach chairs and picnic blanket and table cloths.

As soon as she saw us, “Let’s go! I think we already got everything. Help me bring them outside. Thanks!” She smiled while pointing the piles of picnic items at the corner of my living room.

“Does she live here?” Chanyeol’s whisper made me laugh. “No, she doesn’t.”

Everyone was already gathered at my house. Three cars owned by Kris, Minseok and Luhan were ready to bring us to the beach. After we’re done stuffs our bags and picnic equipments, Sooyoung-noona dragged me into Luhan’s car. Sehun was already at the front seat giving us a warm smile seeing noona choose that car. Even before Luhan started the car’s engine, we were already laughing at stupid jokes noona told us.

Minseok will lead Luhan and Kris since he knew the beach place quite well. I remember he told us that he usually went there with his grandma.

After a few blocks, we realized Kris wasn’t following us. Sehun called Lay to ask Minseok to wait for Kris. We pulled over, but after few minutes, Kris’s car came behind us.

“Why does it look like there are five people in that car?” Luhan suddenly spoke. He pointed to Minseok’s car on the front and Kris’s behind us, “In Minseok’s car, Lay, Chen, Kai, and Kyungsoo. Shouldn’t that left three people with Kris? Chanyeol, Tao and Suho? Wait, am I seeing things?”

Sooyoung-noona and I turned our head and scream out the name of the extra person unisonly.

“KYUHYUN-Oppa!” “HYUNG!!” Both of us were looking at the window at the back of the car, still couldn’t believe what we just saw. I don’t know what makes him follow us, but he is definitely become a very weird lately. I apologized to my friends through phone about his presence.

As soon as we arrived at the beach, noona and I quickly went to hyung to ask for explanations. “I thought you hated outside.” Noona told him the exact things that was running on my mind.

“No choice. This boy got asthma and you don’t know how to swim. Mom got worried.” It was a short answer but it got both of us shocked to hear such things. I didn’t know noona couldn’t swim and she was questioning about my asthma. She was watching me the whole time after she knew about my health condition. It might get her panicked for a moment. Hyung shouldn’t tell her such things.

After a while, the three of us - hyung, noona and I, were resting under the big umbrella while staring at my friends having fun with volley ball and swimming. Hyung was busy reading computer magazines searching for merchandise that suitable his needs on playing games. Noona was sitting there quietly doing what she does best-eating the food she prepared earlier.

“If you eat them too much, you might leave us with nothing to eat,” I smiled jokingly at her.

She messed up my hair, telling me that the lunch box she ate was specifically prepared only for her portion. The other four boxes were for us 12 people. She was emphasizing that she didn’t prepare anything for hyung. Hyung snapped his magazine close after hearing it, and in seconds, he snatched her lunch box and ran away from us. We were frozen due to shock for awhile until our brain done loading on what was happening. Noona screamed in anger while running after him.

I have no choice but to run after her, just to make sure they didn’t start the world war three on public.

Hyung finally stopped running and handed her the lunch box. He was still chewing with his mouth full of food. Noona opened up the box and got really angry after she saw there was nothing left.

Hyung was restraining himself from laughing hard as the small chunks of food in his mouth started to shoot out. He swallowed it all and run in a monkey way, mocking noona on his victory.

“YAAAAHHHH!!!!!!” Noona screamed again but she chose not to follow him as her eyes were stuck on the empty lunch box that she was holding. I couldn’t believe what I saw, but her eyes were started to get watery and her lips were vibrating. She’s holding her tears. And it’s over food.

“It’s okay, noona. Minseok said, there’s a seafood stall nearby where he usually buys the best grilled squid ever in the whole world. My treat.” I tried to calm her.

I thought my words would make her relax, but tears were overflowing after I told her. She hugged me slightly while chuckling, “You’re so cute, Baekkie. It’s okay! That’s not a big deal.” I don’t know if she was laughing or crying but for sure, I don’t understand girls.

We went back to the umbrella. Hyung was already there, continue to read his magazine. All of my friends were there, sitting in a circle with all four lunch boxes already opened. They already start eating without waiting for me. I pouted for a while and Suho pulled me down beside him giggling at my actions. Kris politely shifted his body enough for noona to seat between me and him.

He offered noona the food which she originally prepared for twelve people. “It won’t hurt to add another person.” She nodded thanking Kris for his offer.

I turned my body to hyung asking him if he wanted to join us. Before hyung answered me, Kai told me hyung refuses when they asked him earlier.

“Sooyoung-noona, do you have a boyfriend? Unexpectedly, You look really match with Kris gege.”

I almost choked hearing Tao’s word. That got all of us stop eating and stare at noona. Even Kris, who acted cool all the time, got blood rises into his face. None of us could say anything.

She gave us an evil smile and jokingly replied, “It would be great if I knew Kris earlier. I have to admit he’s a hottie. Any girl would easily fall for him. I mean, it’s not just him, I think everyone is.”

She got us blushed in red. I think she overrated us with our looks. I still don’t know why most of us don’t have any girlfriend if what she said is true.

Later,Kyungsoo pointed out something that we might have miss, “When you said that you wish to know Kris earlier, does that mean you already have someone special?” For the second time, that kind of question got all of us silent.

Although hyung was seems like he was reading his magazine, his eyes didn’t move at all for a couple of minutes. I was definitely sure he was listening to our conversation.

“What if I say that I already got one? But believe me; you guys are hundred times better than him. But I love him anyway.”

Her statement made my friends sighed.Somehow, I felt relieved. I really don’t like the idea of my close friends keeping an eye on her. She’s a beauty. There’s no way a girl like her wouldn’t have anyone hitting on her. Three of my friends already did. I’m glad she’s taken. I will wait until she is willing to tell me who the lucky guy is.

I saw hyung was smiling and I believe he was thinking the same thing.

 

 

Author's note: Thank you so much for subscribing! I'm so sorry that I didn't update this fanfic. This also goes to my other fanfics. Either I'm too busy or lost of ideas, I will definitely write again when I have time and storyline to write about. Hehe~ The next chapter will be the last one! Hwaiting!!