Tutoring

Baekhyun's Point of View

 

“Here’s a chart for Japanese grammars. It easier if you look at it this way.” She made the chart herself. Indeed, it’s true and I could easily understand the formula behind Japanese grammar. Did I mention about her beautiful handwriting?

“Kantan desu.” I gave her a peace sign. She laughed and patted my head again.

Just then hyung came in my room with a tray of lemonade juice and cookies.

“Mom asked me to do this.” Hyung laid down on my bed after left the tray on the floor.

“I don’t think Baekhyun would get any improvement in those subjects just because you started to teach him. If he did, I believe that’s because of his own hard work not to get you embarrass.” Hyung started making conversation while grabbing the cookies on the plate and eating them all.

Sooyoung-noona stood up and walked towards hyung. I thought she was mad at hyung for being mean. But it turned out she was mad at him for eating all the cookies. She gave a kick on hyung’s and that almost slammed his body against the wall. Again, both of them were fighting over a simple thing, cookies.

“Baekhyun! Just stop making this dumb girl come to our house! You can learn all those by yourself! I can do it, why can’t you?!” Hyung roared of anger.

“Baekkie! Give me your brother’s bedroom key so we can lock him in it and stop disturbing us! We can lock him FOREVER! Give me the keys! I can’t stand it when someone eats something that isn’t belong to his!”

I wasn’t sure which side should I be at. It was obviously hyung’s fault but still, hyung is my brother. Noona was right, but it’s just cookies. There’s nothing big about it.

I went outside of my bedroom. I heard noona was laughing thinking that I’ll be coming with hyung’s bedroom key. Instead, I went to the kitchen to grab some more of chocolate cookies from the jar and fill them on two plates. One is for hyung and another one is for noona. I hope that would solve the problem.

 Both of them were speechless when I gave them the cookies. While taking the plate from me, noona chuckled while patting my head again. “Baekkie, why are you sooo cute!! Your mom must be looking at cute things when she’s pregnant to you! Hahaha~”

“There she goes again.” Hyung suddenly speak out exactly what was in my mind.

“Excuse me, are you jealous or something? You know, I’ve been thinking what really happened when your mom was having you in her stomach. She must be watching too much law dramas and aliens.. You know, like the ones in the X-File series? That’s why you were born.. not cute at all.” Noona sat down and eat those cookies, still irritating hyung.

“Oh yeah? Then your mom must be craving for food too much when she’s giving birth to you.” Hyung replied.

Noona was about to speak again, when I quickly point out that I need to study. They finally stop arguing and silently came behind me to look at the exercise I’m working on.

“Baekhyun, she already gave you the chart, how come you still made mistake?” Hyung suddenly scolded at me.

“Just let Baekkie do his work, he’s learning! It’s okay to do few mistakes at first, but with more practices, he’ll do fine.” Noona was backing me up.

“Could you please stop calling him Baekkie? He’s old enough for you to properly call him Baekhyun.” Hyung finally said something I wish to said to noona.

“But your mom calls you Kyunnie.” I almost laugh at noona’s statement. Before the actual laugh escape from my mouth, I took a deep breath, pretending I didn’t hear it while concentrating on my work.

“No matter how old you are, your mom will always see you as a young kid. No one in the world other than my mom is permitted to call me that.” Hyung was giving noona a death glare. I guess he was predicting noona wanted to use it to mock him in the future.

“I won’t call you Kyunnie. That name is too cute for a person like you. It kind of brings the humiliation to the name if I call you that. Don’t worry.” She nodded playfully.

“YOU!!!” Hyung’s hissed was cut off as I quickly turned my head around facing them, signaling them to keep quiet.

Both of them were giving me an okay sign; understand my needs at the moment.

“I guess I can leave now. Baekkie, tomorrow I’ll come back to check with your work. Bye! Oh, please tell your mom that those cookies are super delicious!” Noona waved me goodbye and went downstairs alone.

Hyung suddenly giggles while walking towards the window.

“Countdown in 5…4….3….2…….1…” He murmured.

“WHHAATTTTTT THE HEELLLLLLLLLLL??!!!!!!!!!” Noona’s scream surprised me.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA~~~~~~~ I TOLD YOU TO MOVE OUT THE HOUSE! THAT WILL BE MY FIRST WARNING!” He shouted through my window.

I sneaked behind him to see what he did. Noona’s bicycle was filled with trashed.

In a split of seconds, a bag of trash just flew through the window and hit hyung’s head who was too busy laughing.

“BULL’S EYE!!!” Noona was shouting happily after she confirmed the trash that she throws hit hyung.

Hyung was lying in my bedroom, trying to get himself back due to the sudden attack. I took the chance to show myself out of the window.

“Noona…” I called her as I was planning to tell her to stop with the fight.

“I’m sorry Baekkie.. Did I make your room smelly? Sorry, I should’ve think more before I throw..” I look back inside my room, searching for the trash bag.

It’s not smelly at all. The trash bag that she threw contains only cans.

“Naaah.. You’re fine. This is just cans!” I showed to her. She told me to throw them back at her. As I did, hyung was already come closer at me, screaming back to noona.

“YOU! YOU’RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!”

She sticks out her tongue to hyung while pushing her bicycle to the nearest tap water. She laid her bicycle aside and went to the remaining trashes that hyung originally used to cover her bicycle.

She was searching for something and after a while observing all the trashes, she picked one bag.

“Baekkie, that’s Kyuhyun’s bedroom window right?” She screamed.

“YES. WH---“ Hyung quickly shut my mouth with his palm. I didn’t understand until I saw noona was throwing the trash into hyung’s bedroom.

“NOW WE’RE EVEN!” She screamed again and happily continues to clean up her bicycle.

“My room!” Hyung went panicked and ran to his room. I quickly followed him and found out how smelly his room was. Now I understand that noona was looking for the garbage with the stinky-est contain to be thrown to his room. I felt pity for hyung. Mainly because I told noona which one is his window.

“I’ll go and get the bucket to clean this up before mom come..” I told him.

As I went outside the room, I heard hyung was mumbling, “Thank god it didn’t hit my Starcraft computer..  HAISH! THAT GIRL!”

I laughed at hyung being so protective over his favorite game. Hyung never failed to impress me. He is the smartest in the family and got admitted to the law school, yet still have time participating in a band and playing starcraft. But me.. sigh…

While I was still helping hyung cleaning up his room from the smell, I heard noona voice from downstairs. “Baekkie, where are you? I’m here to help you clean up the mess I did to your room..”

“WHAT? SHE’S HERE AGAIN?!” Hyung suddenly rushed to the hallway. And again, their arguments started..

I my ipod and listened to some music as loud as possible while still rubbing off the dirt on the carpet. Just then an arm wrapped around my shoulder. Immediately surprised with sudden back hug, I pulled out my headphone.

“Baekkie, why are you the one who’s cleaning this room?” She was facing me, worried.

“Well.. Hyung was cleaning too just now.. I’m just here helping him out.” I answered, honestly. If I didn’t help hyung and suddenly mom saw the room being like this, I’m sure the one who’ll be punish is not just hyung, but me and noona too~ I know my mom pretty well..

She gave me a long stare and sighed at me. While ignoring hyung being so mad at her who actually barging in his room, noona took the brush from my hand and started the clean up the spot that I was working on. It didn’t take too long for her to do the cleaning. She finished it off with the spray she brought from her house. She made us dumbfounded, not knowing what to do to help her out.

“I hate rose scent. It smells like a girl’s room.” Hyung’s remark made she glared at him.

“I’m done here. Baekkie, is your room alright? Let’s do your room now.” She pulled me to her side.

“My room is fine. Thank you for helping us out.” I gave a smile, that’s the best gratitude I could show to her at that moment.

“No, it’s fine. I’m the one who throw the trash anyway.. I’m sorry for making you cleaning when you wanted to study..” She giggled while patted my head again. I guess my head is already her hand’s favorite place. She waved me goodbye and went back to her house.

“You’re blushing young kid.” Hyung’s word stabbed me in a million times. I turned at him, shake my head countless times, assuring it’s a disagreement to his statement.

“Nope. It’s obvious.” He tapped my back and closes the door behind him. What did just happen?

 

*******************************************

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry for my poor grammar/vocabulary use in this story~ haha