Chapter 1 - Going Back Home

Boys Over Flowers 2

Before I start, let me clear one thing. Most of the chapters will be written in first and third person POV, which means you'll be Jin Ee aka Ginny through the whole story, well except if you wanted to be the other characters...:P

Just joking...And listen to the song I posted for each chapter if there's any...:)

Well let's start.

=============

Whoosh.

I zipped my bag and sat at the edge of my bed. I've finally finished packing my things. I looked around the room and sigh.

'I'm gonna miss this room. Why did summer have to end so quick?'

I think everyone hated it when summer had to end because it means summer break is over and another semester will start. As for me, I've promised umma that once summer is over this year, I'll be living back with umma in that BIG mansion, I mean HUGE mansion again. And I'll be going to the same school Onew oppa did.

Wondering who's Onew? He's my favorite oppa in the whole world! His name was Jinki but since everyone called him Onew, I just followed. The name suits him anyway. It somehow depicted his clumsiness.(XD Mian, oppa)

"Is everything ready, Ginny-yah?"

A deep voice suddenly broke my trance. I turned and saw my uncle was already standing right in front of me.

"Ne, samchon" I nodded.

"Did you really packed? Your luggage is light!" Kang San samchon exclaimed as he picked up my luggage.

"It's not like I'm leaving forever, and umma said everything has already been prepared for me back home so there's really nothing to bring" I smiled.

"Keurae? Keurom...ka ja. Jinki will come over soon to pick you up but meet up with your halmoni and halabeoji in the meantime. And try to make them stop being sad" samchon said as he walked out of the room, dragging my luggage with him.

Wearing my cardigan on, I replied, "Ne"


In the living room...

I stood in the hallway together with samchon, looking at the back of my halmoni who seemed to be crying.

"She's been like this since this morning" samchon said as he pushed me towards halmoni.

I sighed and approached her.

"Halmoni..." I called her.

She turned around and pulled me into a hug. Don't know what to do, I hugged her back and patted her.

"Uljimasaeyo, halmoni..." I mumbled, slightly feeling sad.

Who wouldn't, I've been living here since I was in kindergarden. I had only gone back to the mansion once in a while when Lady Kang came for a visit.

Who's Lady Kang you're asking? Well, she's appa's mother, which also means my other halmoni. But she never liked any of her grandchildren calling her as halmoni, to which she said it made her sounded old although she WAS old. I didn't meant to sound mean but it's the fact.

"Do you really have to go to that old woman's house, Ginny-yah?(she's referring to Lady Kang)" Halmoni asked as she cried.

"Ne, halmoni. Umma wanted me to live with her" I said, as I looked over to my samchon and mouthed, 'samchon, help!'

"Kajima. I'll talk to your mother about this, okay? She'll listen to me" Halmoni suddenly said, as she stopped crying.

I could only stared at her, surprised.

"Umma, don't be like this. She's going back home after a long time. Noona must have missed her daughter a lot" my samchon said, as an act to help me.

"Yah Geum Kang San! You're one to talk! I won't be like this if you would just give me a grand-daughter!" halmoni said angrily as she hit samchon with the cushion pillow.

"Ah umma! I've already said never to mention this in front of the children! And it's not like I'm not trying!" samchon shouted as he tried to cover himself from being hit.

"Ginny-yah, go and see your halabeoji. And tell Jinki to come over here as soon as he arrive" samchon said in the middle of trying to stop halmoni from hitting him.

"Ne" I said as I quickly went out.

Poor samchon. He always became the victim of halmoni. Samchon had already married but the couple still didn't have any children. And I'm not too worried about halmoni. She'll be all smiling again once she saw oppa. I don't know why but she just like oppa so much that she will be smiling as long as oppa was there. Halabeoji was the one I'm more worried about. I knew he'll be all sad about me leaving but he wouldn't show his sadness.


I looked for halabeoji as I entered the ironing room. Since I've searched everywhere for him but failed to find him, I'm sure he'll be here. Halabeoji told me once that he had been ironing clothes for all his life, so whenever he felt happy, grieve, or upset, he would ended up ironing clothes, since he claimed that ironing the clothes gave him some peace that he was searching for.

I stopped when I finally saw halabeoji, ironing my favorite clothes when I was little. I've guessed it right. A tear suddenly fell onto my cheek when I saw him ironing my clothes with a smile on his face. He didn't cry.

"Halabeoji..." I hugged him from the back.

Halabeoji was startled at first but gained his composure later. He put away the iron but didn't say anything. When I finally realized it, he was actually silently sobbing.

"Halabeoji..." I called out as I sobbed.

Halabeoji suddenly turned himself around facing me, as he cupped my face.

"This is your home too, so come back here whenever that you wanted. Halabeoji will always keep your room like it always do" halabeoji said.

I smiled and hugged him tight as I sobbed in his fatherly embrace.

"Ginny-yah, we need to go now" another voice suddenly spoke, which I recognized as Onew oppa's.

Halabeoji broke the hug and faced Onew.

"Jinki-yah, take good care of your little sister" halabeoji reminded him.

Oppa only smiled and nodded. I then hesitantly walked towards Onew oppa and went into the car. Taking one last glance at them, we finally took off.


"Welcome home, agasshi" the maids and butlers greeted me as soon as I stepped into the huge mansion.

"I'm home" I greeted them with a smile.

Then, one of the maids took my luggage from oppa while one of the butlers approached him and said something. After that, Onew oppa looked at me and shoved out a hand saying, "Let's go Ginny-yah, umma and appa are waiting...umm, along with Lady Kang"

"Lady Kang is here too?!" I asked, surprised, as my smile turned into a pout.

No offense. I love her since she's my halmoni too but she's just too...strict with everything. I mean REALLY strict. You'll know what I'm talking about.

"Don't worry, she's going back to New York tonight. She just wanted to meet you before she left" Oppa said.

Oh yeah, I forgot that she lived in New York now. I smiled and then took his hand as he led the way to the living room, hoping that everything would turned out fine.

As soon as I entered the living room, the cold face of Lady Kang greeted me. She eyed me bottom to top and showed her infamous unsatisfied look. I freaked out. What did I do now?

"Ginny-yah, the insa, the insa" Oppa elbowed me as he whispered.

I was like, huh? But when it clicked me, I immediately do the greetings we, the Goo family, had to do when we met her.

A nod came as a reply from her as I looked up. "Ginny-yah, what is that thing on your feet? And what are you wearing?" she asked with her cold voice.

"It's sneakers. Both the sneakers and this dress were bought by samchon for me. Isn't it pretty?" I answered honestly with a smile.

Wrong move.

"And why would the young lady of ShinHwa Group wore sneakers and that cheap dress?" Lady Kang asked again, with her voice slightly raised this time.

Crap! I must have left this mansion for too long that I totally forgotten the rules of meeting her - I, according to her am the young lady of ShinHwa Group. Which means I should NEVER, EVER wore anything CHEAP or LOOKED CHEAP in front of her. My bad. Oh, this is not gonna be good.

"That's why I've told you never to let her live in that crappy house with them! Look what they've done to my grand-daughter.Butler Lee, bring that clothes that I bought for her from New York together with the shoe" She ordered her private butler who obediently followed her orders.

"Kang shajangnim, do you really have to say it like that in front of Jan Di? And even in front of the kids?" Appa said.

"I like the way she dress herself" he added.

"Na do" oppa followed.

"No, Ginny-yah. Go and change into what I had bought for you, arasso?" Lady Kang said.

I could only stared at her, don't know what to do, but then I saw umma nodded, as a hint for me to follow. I sighed and said, "Ne, Lady Kang" as I went and changed.

I don't know why she was forcing so hard about this. It's already nightime anyway. I might as well wear a pajama, but then again, for umma, I have to. I already knew the reason for why umma was treated this way by Lady Kang, but I heard the story not from umma, but from the maids and our nanny. Umma always refused to tell me about it everytime I asked. But she do mentioned that Lady Kang had somehow opened up to her, even though it was just a little. But her ego sometimes really made her into a hateful person.

Once again I stood in front of her in the living room. Her cold expression had gone far away as soon as she saw me wearing the clothes she bought.

'Finally! She smiled' I thought.

"Now that's my grand-daughter" Lady Kang said as she hugged me.

"I'm going to New York now. Have fun with your new school. It'll be a lot better than your old school" she added as she walked out of the room.

After she left then umma can hug me all she want. Appa just sat on his chair. I approached him to give him a big hug but he attacked me with a bear hug instead. I was surprised, but happy at the same time.

"Take a rest for tonight, sweety pie. We'll talk again tomorrow" Appa said as he ordered a maid to bring me to my room.


In my room...

I began unpacking those little things that I brought along. I took my bath and opened the closet. I was surprised to see so many clothes and the closet was huge.

'I'm only looking for a pajama' I sighed, looking through all the clothes.

After I found what I was looking for, I climbed onto the bed. I have to say, it's much more comfier than my bed back in halmoni's house, and the pillows were also fluffier. Ah...I'm going to have a good dream tonight. I tried to sleep but can't help from wondering how it'll be attending ShinHwa college...it's a high school for the rich anyway, so the kids would be totally different from my old school.

As I was closing my eyes, the creak sound made by the door grabbed my attention as I saw umma walked into the room. I shifted into a sitting position as umma sat on the bed beside me.

"Ginny-yah, I really miss you" Umma said as she caressed my hair.

"Umma..." I hugged her.

"Have a sweet dream, dear. We'll eat breakfast together tomorrow. I'll cook your favorite pancake" Umma said.

I chuckled, "Kumawo, umma"

Then, umma gave me a good night kiss before she went out, switching off the main lights. As I was trying to go back to sleep, the door to my room crack opened again. This time, it was Onew oppa.

"Ginny-yah, asleep already?" he whispered as he walked towards my bedside.

Feeling sleepy, I lazily rubbed my eyes like a little kid. "Almost...waeyo oppa?"

"Aniyo. Just wanted to say good night and...I'm happy that you're back" Oppa shyly said.

"Wae? You're lonely that I'm not home?" I asked, trying to be playful but I never expected oppa to agree to it.

"Oppa, why would you be lonely? You already have all of S4 with you" I stated.

"I do, but seeing my favorite dongsaeng for a long time could really make me feel lonely" Onew jokingly said.

"Yah, I think you should really find a girlfriend for yourself"

"Don't you dare yah me little girl. I'm your oppa for god sake. And I don't need a girlfriend as long as I have my tokki here" Oppa said as he ruffled my hair.

"Oppa! I'm not a little girl anymore and I'm especially not a rabbit!" I pouted.

"Arasso. You should sleep now. You wouldn't want to be late on your first day, right?" Onew smiled.

I nodded and put my head back on the pillow. Before oppa walked away, I stopped him. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Oppa, I miss your lullaby"

Onew smiled and sat back on the bed beside me, as he started to sing my favorite lullaby. I really do miss his soothing voice. Slowly, I drifted to sleep.


A/N: Comment and subscribe! ^^