Sleepover

Get Physical

Yuri's POV

When I had awoken, my eyes were met with a guy staring at me. I sat up and screamed on instinct. Who the was he?! I mean .. he was attractive, but .. what was he doing in my apartment?! I cleared my throat and acted casual. "Kwon Yuri imnida," I said staring at him. He hid a smile from me, although I saw it anyway. "Lee Joon," he replied, extending his arm. I cautiously shook his hand. "What are you doing here?" I blurted out. "Excuse me?" he smirked, "this is my place. Did you think you moved into an all furnished apartment?" I suddenly felt stupid. I was too tired to notice. I felt my cheeks burning up and I looked away.

He sighed and took a seat beside me. "Look, there must've been a mix up .." he dragged on. "Aniyo! There's no where else I can go!" I shot back, my eyes starting to sting. After all this, saving up and leaving home .. it was all going to waste. The life I thought was finally picking up was now falling apart. "Hey~" he said gently, awkwardly scooping me up in a hug, "we'll go talk to the land lord, okay? Don't cry." I nodded and wiped away the tears. We sat there together for a few minutes before he got up and took my hand. "Kaja, let's get you some dinner. The office will be closed until the morning. You can stay here tonight," he smiled. I gave him a flimsy smile and followed him towards the kitchen.

I watched as he cooked me a nice meal. "Sorry if it's only a little," he said sheepishly, "I usually eat dinners for one." Before he turned back to the stove, I caught a glimpse of his rosey red cheeks. I smiled to myself while staring down at the counter. The kitchen was nice .. a long island where you'd sit to eat and space for preparing food, a stove, and a fridgerator. 

Once Joon had finished making the dinner, we sat on the island across from each other. Both sitting on swirly stools. It was nice; my first dinner with a someone .. with a stranger, but at least it was someone to talk to. He set my plate down for me and gave a shy smile. "Eat up~" he chimed before digging into his plate of pasta noodles. "Kamsahamnida, it looks really good!" I complimented, taking a forkful. "Thanks," he grinned. "Where are you from anyway?" he asked, busy twirling his fork. "Seoul," I replied before taking a bite. "Oh? I'm from there too!" he smiled widely, "what made you come to America?" "To live elsewhere," I grinned, "my parents are traditional. I'd rather stay on my own, away from arranged marriages and family parties .." We both laughed at the thought of going home to such antique parents. 

The whole rest of the night, we talked about our lives and shared each other's knowledge. It was the first time I've ever talked to anyone in the city .. let alone trusted them with my life (since there was no where else to go). "Hey, it's getting late," Joon chuckled. "Oh, right .." I noticed, looking over at his watch. "Here, kaja~" he said, helping me off the couch. I followed him down the hallway and into his bedroom (from what I assumed). "I hope this fits," he said shyly while handing me an oversized t-shirt and some sweats. "Kamsahamnida," I thanked. "The bathroom's down the hall. You can change, shower, do your thing." he instructed. I smiled awkwardly and walked down the hall.

Joon's POV

What the hell? Did I just say "do your thing"? I feel like an idiot! A complete idiot. Aish.

A few minutes later, she came out wearing my clothes. I couldn't help but laugh. "What?" she said with a scared expression. "Nothing," I said looking down. "You look fine," I chuckled. She grinned at me, "kamsahamnida .." We stood there for a while, breathing in the awkward silence. "Oh!" I interrupted the silence, "you want to watch a movie?" She nodded and followed me back into the living room. I the tv and left for a second to microwave the popcorn. "What do you want to watch?" I asked, handing her a bunch of DVDs. I went back to retrieve the popcorn when she handed me her choice. Of course it was a chick flick, but I'm the one who had it .. I sighed and put it in the player, sitting beside her with a bowl in my lap. We shared the popcorn while going through the movie. Now I remembered why I bought it. It was partly action shot. As we breezed through the movie, the was beginning. Interested, my eyes were glued until the end. As I flipped off the tv, in the reflection I saw her sleeping at the corner of the couch. 

Just like how we met, I jumped back a little startled, then tip toed over to drape a blanket over her. "Sleep well, Yuri." I whispered. I watched her for a few seconds before deciding to plant a kiss on her forehead. Just to reassure her that she was safe. With the flick of the light, I laid there beside her .. on my floor, camping out on my carpet.