Welcome Home

Get Physical

Yuri's POV

I had woken up the next morning, finding myself back where I started. I sat up slowly and blinked hard. Suddenly, reality had hit me and I found myself almost crying. I would be back out on the streets, finding a place of my own. I looked around me, this was the loft that was supposed to be mine; this was the loft that I was supposed to be spending my days in. I took a deep breath in and sat up feeling depressed. As I got up, Lee Joon had entered the room with wet hair and a towel to dry himself. "Oh, good morning~" he smiled softly, fluffing his hair with his towel. I gave him a shy smile and nodded. He walked towards the window and opened it up, sticking his head out to catch the morning breeze. 

I sat there, admiring him. He wasn't a complete stranger .. after all, he had offered me a place to sleep throughout all this confusion instead of being a regular person who would just kick me to the curb. I smiled to myself and looked down at my lap. I suddenly came to the realization that I had his clothes on. Omo! Yuri-ah.. the least you could would be to cook him breakfast or something! I scolded myself. I got up quickly and walked towards the kitchen island. He turned around to see me shuffling my way through to the stove. "Bwoh? Are you hungry? We can go to-" he said before I cut him off. "Aniyo! .. I mean, aniyo. Let me cook you breakfast, ne?" I smiled warmly, turning on the stove. As I did so, he walked over to me and set his towel around his neck. "Aish, but this is my place. At least let me help then," he offered. Ah right, this was his house .. I can't deny him. I nodded swiftly before he opened the fridge for me. Aish, what did this guy eat? There's nothing but power drinks and microwavable meals! Did he not have a mother to look after him? I thought while looking around. "Oh, ne. I don't really get the chance to grocery shop," he said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. 

Joon's POV

How embarrassing! Aish, what will she think of me now? I thought. It was true, I didn't grocery shop often .. and when I did it was rushed. I've got limited time when I have to work to live. I helped her look through the fridge for a few eggs. She smiled at me and took the eggs from the carton. "Arrasseo~ we'll have eggs. Is that okay?" she asked, shuffling towards the stove again. I nodded and brought out the orange juice. As I got us two glasses, I watched her cook. She looked so concentrated like it was an exam. Was she trying to impress me? I smiled to myself before realizing I had overfilled the cup. I quickly put down the carton and rushed to the sink for power towels. While cleaning up, I noticed her looking over at me. Was she snickering? I felt my cheeks burn up and I suddenly felt so helpless. "Do you need help?" she asked. "Oh! Uh .. ani, ani. I got it .." I mumbled, throwing away the soaked towels. 

"Arrasseo, be careful next time. Ne?" she giggled. An instant smile formed on my face, "ne. Kamsahamnida .." She was cute. Really cute. What was this feeling? 

Once we finished cooking, we sat around the island. "Gomawo," I smiled, handing her the cup of orange juice. "Ah~ aniyo. Kamsahamnida for letting me stay!" she grinned, revealing her eye smile. She set down the two plates and waited for me to take my first bite. I grabbed my fork and took a small piece, letting the egg melt in my mouth. "Uwaah~" I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment then reopening them. "This is really really good! Do you cook often?" I asked. She smiled and shook her head, "aniyo, I used to with my appa. I'm glad you like it!" I took another bite followed after another and another .. until I cleaned my plate. "Aish, that was the best breakfast I've ever had. Kamsahamnida again, Yuri-sshi." I thanked. "Any time," she replied with a smile. The rest of the morning, she helped me wash the dishes. Occassionally, I'd blow soap bubbles her way resulting with her scrunching her nose cutely. 

Before noon, we went to the administration office to get things sorted out. "Annyeonghaseyo," we both bowed while walking into her office. "Annyeonghaseyo," she said back, sitting at her desk. "Is there a problem here?" "Ah .. ne. I was supposed to be staying at M16 .. but that's where Lee Joon-ssi is staying," Yuri said sadly, her voice quivering. "Bwoh? How can that be? I never make a mistake!" the lady shot back hotly, quickly grabbing her papers. "Mianheyo," I blurted out, "but what she said is true. I found her in my house yesterday evening." The lady read over papers and her expression became somewhat surprised, "Mm...." she mumbled. "I did make a mistake.. but I'm afraid there's no other rooming available, miss." I looked over at Yuri who was sulking in her seat. "Ah!" I blurted, "what if I let her stay at my place? She can rent it out, ne?" I suggested. The lady shook her head, "aniyo. Unless you are renting with a family, these are one person lofts." "Can't you make an exception? This isn't fair for her," I rebuttled. The lady sighed and sat there to think. After about five minutes, she finally nodded. "Arrasseo, but I bump up your rent a little. Deal?" she suggested. Even when I hated the boosted rent, I agreed for the sake of a girl's dreams. "Kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida!" Yuri cried while we walked out. "Omona .. you didn't have to do that, Joon-ssi ... Kamsahamnida." she said with tears in her eyes. I gave her a warm smile and gave her the key back, "welcome home, Yuri-sshi."