Grocery List

Get Physical

Yuri's POV

I was so thankful for someone like Lee Joon. I couldn't help but smile on our way back to the loft. Once I got inside, I ran to the couch, stretching my body out to let in the happy energy. It was nice .. this place was already comforting and now I was to share with a friend. A friend -- something I haven't had in this city yet. I grinned widely and looked around again, letting everything sync in. As I looked down, I noticed a pillow and blanket on the floor. Bwoh? Did Joon-sshi sleep here while I slept on the couch? I thought. Did he care for me that much as to sleep on a hard floor with only a carpet to support his back? I looked over at him, where he stood near the door, hanging up his coat. Kamsahamnida, Lee Joon-sshi. Kamsahamnida.

Joon's POV

As I put my coat up, I looked over at Yuri. She was staring at me weird and I felt a sudden flush of my cheeks. "Bwoh? Is there something on my face?" I asked nervously. She shook her head and smiled, "aniyo. Gomawo Joon-ssi. You've saved my life here." I took her reply as a surprise. Was she looking at me like some kind of hero? Aish.. I'm far from that. I grin shyly and walk towards the kitchen, taking out some cold juice to wash down my nervousness. I am now rooming with a gorgeous girl. Who would've thought this would ever happen? I peek behind the door to see her smiling and lying on the couch. She catches me watching her and I quickly go back into the kitchen. 

"Joon-sshi?" I hear her call out. . I close my eyes and stand in front of the door, hesitant. "Ne?" I finally answer, waiting for her to reply. My heart was racing.. what was this feeling? "I have work in a few hours," she continues, "if I come home late.. will that be okay?" A sudden pang of jealousy came over me. What if she had a love interest at work? Was that why she'd come home late? I wasn't one to actually get jealous over silly things -- especially for someone whom I've just met ... but it didn't seem like I've just met her. When we got to know each other yesterday, we clicked. Didn't we? 

I stood there, just thinking about it. We had the same tastes in food and music. Two big elements I like in a girl, especially when it came to music. I suddenly feel a force pushing on the other side of the door and I move back quickly to see her walk in shyly. "Would that be okay?" she asks again. I nod quickly and gulp down the nervousness. Who am I? I, Lee Joon, wouldn't think of a woman in this way so quickly anyway! I mentally punched myself and smiled at her briefly. "Ne, of course. I have work too, but if you're out later than I am then it'll be fine. Just don't wake me up," I said a bit coldly, walking away with regret. 

Yuri's POV

Bwoh? Did I do something wrong? I looked down at my feet, then back up to see him leave the room with a sharp turn of the waist. Maybe it was just my head messing with me. I went to the fridge and took a look at the emptiness.  Maybe I'll do a little shopping for him. It's the least I could do, right? I walked over to wear I had placed my bags and searched for my wallet. As I was walking out the door, I heard shuffling feet coming from the hallway. I hurried out and closed the door behind me as silent as I could. While stepping down the stairs, I could hear his curtains opening. Was he looking for me? I hurried to my car and drove away, picking up my phone to call my umma. 

"Yeboseyo?" she answered.
"Umma, it's Yuri-ah~" I reply, breathless.
"Aigoo, my darling! How is the city? Do you like it, hm?" she asked followed by a million more questions.
"Ne~ of course, umma! It's great. The loft is wonderful," I answer, deciding not to tell her about the situation. I didn't want to worry her after all.
"Ah, I'm so happy for you. My little Yuri-ah.." she sighed, "you're so grown up."
"Ne, umma. I'm older now," I remind her with a smile, "I'm going grocery shopping."
"Do you have enough money? Do I need to go visit you?" she asked frantically.
"Ani! Ani!!" I pause, "I mean.. aniyo, umma. I've got my paycheck."
"Ah.." she sighed, I could hear her tearing up, "you've got work.. that's right. They're paying you well?"
"Ne, of course umma. I'm doing fine." I say back.
"Arrasseo," she replies, "your appa is around. Would you like to talk to him?" 
"Ne, I would.. but I'm almost at the store. I'm hanging up now, umma. Saranghae." I smile before hanging up.

It was always refreshing to talk to my umma, I know she misses me as much as I miss her. I walk into the store and grab a cart. Alright, Lee Joon. Get ready for some real meals. I pick out a few meats, drinks, and healthy snacks while working my way through the store. I wonder if he eats a lot of chicken? I grab two and bring myself to the register. While waiting in line, I check my watch. Crap, I've got 20 minutes to get back before going to work. I tap my foot impatiently while onlookers stare. Finally, being rung up, I run towards the car to unload the cart. "In a hurry?" I hear a voice behind me. I jump in surprise and drop the health bars. I quickly lean over to pick it up when hitting my head. "Ah!" I shout, rubbing my head. I look up to see a handsome man, he smiled at me then returned the bars.

____________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Annyeong everyone! I hope you're liking it so far. I apologize for the slow updates but I can assure you that there will be more to come! Meanwhile, if you're looking for another Joon and Yuri adventure, please check out "When You Say I Love You"~ Gomawo! ♥ ^--^