Chapter Six

Because You're By My Side

Omo! Hello everyone! I'm so sorry that I did not update last week! I was really swamped with work! So as a gift to you awesome people, I give you an uber loooooooong update! Pardon me if some of it has spelling or grammar mistakes, but I just finished this... And I have to leave my house in ten minutes. I swear I'll edit it as soon as I get back home tonight! Anyway, go on! Read read read!! 

 


 

Luhan checked his watch. It was ten minutes before six o’clock in the morning. He knew Sehun should be arriving soon. Luhan patiently waited as he slumped on top of his suitcases. He had been looking forward to this day since he and Sehun decided to go on a trip that weekend. Sehun told him excitedly the day before that he was going to bring Luhan to one of his vacation houses. Because he cannot contain his excitement, Luhan made sure that his schedule over the weekend would be a clean slate. He also made sure that he would bring all things necessary. As soon as he had the time, he packed his luggage. He took a long time deciding which clothes to bring since he wanted to look his absolute best for the trip. Luhan wanted to make this weekend perfect.

It was a cold Saturday morning. Because of his anticipation, he did not get enough sleep the previous night. Luhan started getting ready at around three in the morning. He took a shower and ate breakfast. However, when he looked at the time, he realized it was still too early. He decided to cook some meal for the trip. He was not really the best cook in town, but what the hell; he did make it decent somehow. When he was sure that everything was in order, he decided to wait for Sehun outside his building. It was five o’clock then, they were supposed to meet up at six. But Luhan did not care. He did not care if he was gonna wait for an hour. He could be patient when he wanted to.

And right on schedule, Sehun arrived at six o’clock sharp. Luhan stood up abruptly as he saw the oncoming car’s headlights as it entered the apartment’s driveway. It stopped immediately at the entrance. Luhan watched as Sehun got out of his car. He could not help but to smile to himself contentedly. Sehun still looked as dashing as the first time Luhan saw him. He immediately scrambled to carry his entire luggage as he walked out of the building. But Luhan was having difficulty since he brought so much (He was bringing three bags and a stroller, not mentioning a backpack for his personal belongings). Luhan saw Sehun running up to him when he saw the struggling boy. Sehun immediately helped Luhan carry all his bags to the car. However, he actually looked like he was going burst into laughter as he put the luggage in the trunk.

“What?” Luhan asked with a tone of annoyance.

Sehun looked at Luhan with an eye smile. “You do know that we’re only gonna stay there for three days?”

“I know.” Luhan pouted as he playfully hit Sehun’s chest. “Why are you making fun of me?”

“I’m not making fun of you!” Sehun said as he captured Luhan’s hand.

“You are!” Luhan tried to pull away from Sehun. “You look like your gonna laugh any moment now.”

“Well,” Sehun said teasingly. “It kinda looked like you were gonna move in with me or something considering all the stuff you brought.”

“What?!” Luhan was flustered. “Did I bring too much? I thought it wasn’t enough. I was actually planning on bringing another bag with me today, but I can’t carry them already. Should I bring back some of them upstairs?”

Sehun finally laughed as he saw Luhan panicking. He pulled Luhan into a tight embrace as he buried his nose on Luhan’s hair, taking in his scent. Luhan was suddenly shut up. He cannot help but to let out a small chuckle as he nuzzled into Sehun’s neck. He somehow felt certain calmness when Sehun held him. He did not know if that was because of the cool morning breeze, but somehow everything felt peaceful this way.

Luhan felt Sehun pull back and looked at him with a smile. “Good morning.”

“Good morning, Hunnie.” Luhan answered with the same smile.

“You smell good, Luhan.” Sehun said as he kissed Luhan’s nose. “And you look so cute.”

“Aish,” Luhan pouted. “I don’t look cute.”

“If you say so~” Sehun said in a playful tone. “You ready for the trip?”

Luhan nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! I can’t even sleep last night!”

 Sehun suddenly looked serious. He looked intently at Luhan.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Luhan felt self conscious.

“You didn’t get enough sleep?” Sehun asked frowning.

Luhan nodded. “Yes, I was like showering at three in the morning.”

“That’s not healthy, Lu.” Sehun said. “You might get sick or something.”

Luhan suddenly chuckled at Sehun’s reaction that he cannot help but to give him a small peck on the lips. Sehun slightly lifted Luhan off his feet.

“I told you,” Luhan as he brushed some of Sehun’s hair from his eyes. “You’re babying me too much. Don’t tell me you’re not excited about this.”

“Of course I am.” Sehun said. “Ready to go?”

“Yup!”

When they were both inside the car, Luhan suddenly remembered something. He immediately rummaged inside his backpack. He pulled out a lunch box. He saw Sehun eyeing him curiously.

“What’s that?” Sehun taking a peek on the lunch box.

“Have you eaten breakfast yet?” Luhan asked.

Sehun shook his head. “No, why?”

“I thought so.” Luhan smiled as he opened the lunch box and showed it to Sehun. “I made you something.”

Sehun looked blankly at the box. “What are those?”

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “Those are rice balls, Hunnie.”

“A what?” Sehun asked innocently.

Luhan did not even make an effort to hide that he was shocked. “Don’t tell me you haven’t even seen a friggin’ rice ball in your life.”

Sehun shook his head. “I haven’t eaten anything homemade aside from what our cook made at my dad’s house.”

“Oh,” Luhan felt bad. He did not even know that. He looked sadly at the rice balls. He was sure that Sehun would not eat them now. He silently cursed Sehun’s cook for not even making a rice ball.

Luhan began to close the lunch box, when Sehun stopped him. “What are you doing?!”

“I’m going to put it away.” Luhan replied.

“Why?” Sehun asked.

“I-I thought you don’t want them.”Luhan said.

“I didn’t say that.” Sehun said as he snatched the lunch box away from Luhan and looked at the rice balls happily. “Just because I don’t know what they are does not mean I will not eat them.”

Luhan watched with surprise as Sehun took a bite from the first one. He could not help but to secretly cheer inside when he saw Sehun smiled.

“How is it?” Luhan asked as Sehun took another rice ball.

“It makes me happy.” Sehun answered.

“What kind of answer is that?” Luhan asked.

“Nothing.” Sehun said in between bites. “I’m happy that you cooked something for me, Luhannie.”

Luhan smiled. He took a few rice bits from the corner of Sehun’s mouth. “You’re so careless when you eat.”

“It’s because they’re delicious.” Sehun smiled once again. Luhan noted that Sehun looked like a kid who opened his first gift on Christmas day.

“I’m glad you liked them.” Luhan said as he turned to kiss Sehun’s cheek.

After Sehun finished eating, they started their travel. Sehun told Luhan that it will take a couple of hours to reach their destination. They talked a lot of random things. Sometimes they stayed quiet, because Sehun kept on insisting that Luhan needed to sleep. He did felt a bit sleepy, but he tried to fight it. However, his body could not anymore, and he drifted off to dreamland after quite some time. Sehun did not notice when Luhan finally opened his eyes from his nap, since he was too focused on his driving. However, Luhan did not call his attention. He just looked at Sehun. Luhan observed him; His face, the way he moved or the way his eyes blinked or the minute reaction he had every now and then. Everything about him was perfect. Deep inside, Luhan was really glad that he chose Sehun.

 


 

Tao woke up when he felt his alarm clock going off. He groaned as he looked at the time. Seven o’clock, why the hell did he woke up this early again on a weekend? Wasn’t he supposed to go to Minseok’s house today? No. He remembered quite well how Minseok threatened that he would not talk to him if he does not stay put in his house today. So why was he suppose to stay at home again? Sleepiness was still lingering in his head when he suddenly sat up on his bed. He immediately checked his phone, and saw seven messages from Minseok. Right, their plan was supposed to put into action today. Suddenly, Tao was on alert. He proceeded downstairs right away, so that he would not miss breakfast. Thankfully, he saw Baekhyun and Jongin who looked like they were just going to start eating.

“You’re up early.” Baekhyun commented. “Come eat with us.”

Tao sat beside Jongin. “Do you have schedule today, hyung?”

“Yes,” Baekhyun answered. “I was going to accompany Yixing. He’s starting his recording with Jongdae-hyung today.”

“That’s awesome, hyung!” Jongin chirped happily.

“It is, isn’t it?” Baekhyun said. “So how about you two, how’s school?”

Jongin did not answer, but Tao said. “Excellent.”

“It must be,” Baekhyun chuckled. “It’s been a week, and I did not get any calls from the headmaster.”

“I’m just happy, that’s why.” Tao said contentedly. “I’m always looking forward to go to school.”

“How about you, Jongin?” Baekhyun turned to his youngest brother. Tao immediately went back to eating.

“Nothing new.” Jongin answered quietly.

“Yeah, right.” Tao murmured.

“Shut up, Tao-hyung.” Jongin snapped at Tao and stomped at Tao’s foot.

“What?” Baekhyun stared. “Did something happen?”

“Nothing, Baekhyun-hyung,” Tao said as he swallowed his food. He shot a glare at his brother. “I was just kidding.”

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the two, but did not push the issue any further. He stood up as he looked at his watch.

“Crap,” Baekhyun muttered as he stood up. “I’m gonna be late! Listen, I have to go. Behave yourselves, okay? Bye!”

Tao and Jongin ate silently as they watched their older brother leave. When Tao was sure that the front door was closed, he transferred his seat so that he was sitting in front of Jongin. Tao stared at Jongin, and he noticed that his younger brother was getting uncomfortable by the second.

“What hyung?” Jongin avoided his brother’s gaze.

“You,” Tao tried to use his scariest voice. “You have got some explaining to do.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, hyung.” Jongin went back to finish his meal.

However, Tao could not allow backing down. “You know, I didn’t really mind you hanging with those ‘friends’ of yours, since you were not really doing anything wrong. But I won’t tolerate it if you’ve hurt someone, Jongin.”

Jongin tensed up. “I know hyung.”

“You were an idiot to do that.” Tao looked intently at his brother. “I don’t know what came to you. You’re better than that.”

“I panicked hyung.” Jongin explained. “I know my team mates will laugh at me if they find out I’m friends with Kyungsoo.”

“And what is wrong with that?” Tao looked at his brother angrily. “Kyungsoo is a good kid.”

“But hyung, you don’t understand.” Jongin looked afraid. “They’re saying mean things to him.”

“And you’re not doing anything to stop them?!” Tao could not control his voice. “Maybe you don’t deserve Kyungsoo’s as a friend after all. That kid is better than any of your friends combined! Do you know what you’re saying?”

“But… hyung!” Jongin was close to tears now. “Wh-what if no one wants to be my friend anymore?”

“You know what, Jongin.” Tao tried to calm himself down before continued talking. “Reputation during high school won’t matter when you go to the real world. Your so called ‘friends’ right now are going to leave you. I’m sorry if I’m laying things down on you this way, but it’s the truth. You go in this life, you meet hundreds or thousands of people, make friends with some of them, but some of them will leave eventually. The only ones who will remain forever are those true friends who will always be there for you no matter what. The one who’s there because you’re just you and not because you’re famous or you’re the star of the basketball team.”

“I know I screwed up, hyung.” Jongin said quietly as tears started to fall from his eyes. “But I thought about it again and again these past few days. I wanted to be friends with Kyungsoo once again even if my other friends leave me.”

“Kyungsoo is important to you, isn’t he?” Tao commented.

Jongin nodded as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

“What do you plan to do now?” Tao raised an eyebrow.

“I… I don’t know anymore.” Jongin sighed dejectedly.

Tao felt bad for his brother. “Do you really want him to forgive you?”

Jongin nodded his head. “Yes.”

“But you know things will change after that.” Tao warned. “And I’m not gonna allow you to approach him if you’re not aware of that.”

Jongin nodded. “What do I do hyung?”

 “You have to do everything.” Tao said. “And by that everything possible.”

Jongin hesitated. “But what if he rejects my apology again?

“Then you have to try again.” Tao went on. “If you fail, you try and try again. You must show him that you really wanted his forgiveness.”

Just then, the two of them were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. Tao immediately ran to the front door followed by Jongin. He was smiling widely when he opened it.

“Good morning!” Tao greeted a very awed Minseok.

“Yah!” Minseok shouted at him right away. “You could have told me you were this rich! I could have dressed more appropriately!!”

Tao laughed. “Ahh, but I always like being surprised by you, Minseok.”

Minseok scoffed then turned his attention to Jongin. “So you’re Jongin?”

Tao was laughing as Minseok glared at Jongin. His friend was looking at his brother from head to toe. He knew that Minseok still had a bit of animosity to Jongin since he hurt his best friend, and (though he would not admit it) because Jongin ate more bread than him.

“Good morning, hyung.” Jongin greeted though he looked scared.

“I’ve talked to uncle,” Minseok turned back to Tao. “He said to drop by anytime.”

“Okay, I think we should get ready.” Tao said and turned to his little brother. “Jongin, you’re coming with us.”

 


 

It was a weekend, and Kris knew that he could not come to the office today if he wanted to, but somehow he was looking forward to it. So far, he was right on his schedule. He went to take a shower after he got out of bed. Kris had barely finished dressing up when he heard the sound of his doorbell. He was not expecting anyone to visit him this early in the morning. Thinking it might just be Baekhyun checking up on him, he went to open to open the door. He was surprised to find Jongdae standing on his doorstep.

Kris could not hide his surprise. “Jongdae? What are you doing here?”

Jongdae frowned. “Really? That’s how you greet me in the morning?”

“Uhm… Good morning…?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

“Aren’t you gonna ask me to come in?” Jongdae cocked an eyebrow as Kris stared at him.

“Yeah,” Kris came out of his trance. “Come in.”

He stepped aside as Jongdae went in. He watched as Jongdae went to look around his apartment. He also noticed that Jongdae brought a shopping bag. Kris was just going to ask about the bag when Jongdae turned to him.

“Nothing changed much around here.” Jongdae commented.

“Yeah,” Kris answered. “I don’t spend much time around here that’s why.

Jongdae nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you work too much. I think some things around here were from that time I tried to redesign in here. Most of these things are mine.”

“So that’s why you came here?” Kris was more confused than ever. “You want to get your stuff back?”

“No, not that!” Jongdae laughed. “I just went to visit you.”

“Why?” Kris asked. He did not know what is going on with Jongdae’s mind as usual.

“Is it illegal to visit a friend’s house now?” Jongdae emphasized the word ‘friend’.

“So you just came to visit me?” Kris asked.

“Yes,” Jongdae nodded. “And also to cook you breakfast.” He proceeded to the kitchen while Kris followed him.

“Yup,” Jongdae said as he searched the cupboards and the refrigerator. “I knew it. You don’t have any food around here.”

Jongdae started to prepare the ingredients from his shopping bag. Kris just stared in awe as he watched Jongdae.

“Jongdae,” Kris started when he finally found his voice. “You don’t have to do this. I can eat breakfast at the office. I have to be there at eight.”

“What? On a weekend?” Jongdae asked. “You’re the president. You can come in whenever you want to. Besides, it won’t hurt if you come in late just this once.”

“Fine.” Kris knew that Jongdae would just insist until he gives in. He decided to just wait. “But don’t you have a schedule today with Yixing?”

“Yes,” Jongdae answered as he cooked “But it’s not until this afternoon.”

“Oh,” Kris said.” I’m surprised that you came here.”

“I’m actually surprised myself.” Jongdae chuckled. “I just woke up this morning and just had the urge to go here.”

Kris snorted. “You are seriously still the most impulsive person I know.”

“And you like that about me, don’t you?” Jongdae smiled still cooking.

“Yup.” Kris answered.

A pregnant silent was suddenly upon them. The familiarity between the two of them had returned. They did not talk until Jongdae finished cooking and served the food on the table. The two of them were still silent as they ate breakfast. Kris was the first one who broke the silence.

“Do you think this friendship thing will work?” Kris asked.

Jongdae looked at Kris. “Yes. Don’t you think so?”

“I don’t know.” Kris said. “But I like the fact that we’re spending time together again.”

“Good.” Jongdae said smiling. “Glad to know this was not one-sided.”

“But you know,” Kris frowned. “Aren’t you afraid that our lingering feelings might get in the way?”

“Well,” Jongdae thought about it. “If it happens, it happens.”

“You’re as carefree as ever.” Kris said as he drank water.

Jongdae laughed. “And you are the anchor that keeps me grounded when I get out of control.”

When the two of them finished eating, Kris helped Jongdae clean up. The two of them proceeded downstairs. Kris was incredibly calm even if he knew he was already late. He offered Jongdae to ride with him to the office, but Jongdae refused.

“I brought my car when I went here,” Jongdae said. “But thanks.”

“Are you sure?” Kris offered once again. “You could come back later to pick it up.”

“It’s okay really.” Jongdae insisted. “I’ve troubled you enough today.”

“Fine.” Kris said. “Just let me walk you to your car.”

“Okay.”

The two of them walked silently. When they reached Jongdae’s car, Kris said. “So I guess I’ll see you soon.”

“Yes,” Jongdae smiled. “See you.”

“Thanks for the breakfast.” Kris said.

“Anytime.” Jongdae said.

“Bye,” Kris said as he reached down and brushed his lips against Jongdae’s.

Kris pulled back as soon as he realized what he did. Jongdae meanwhile stared at him in shock. This was always how they say goodbye when they were going out. The two of them did not say anything. Kris took a step back and walked away quietly. Jongdae meanwhile stood at the same spot without moving an inch.

And it was true. Their lingering feelings might be a problem.

 


 

Chanyeol was bored, and it was only the start of his shift. Today, for another one of his part time jobs, he was distributing fliers for a newly opened café. He wondered if he was going to get fired since he was promoting for the ‘enemy’. He chuckled. He suddenly stopped. He was now laughing by himself. Chanyeol was THAT bored. He must have looked like a complete idiot now, because people are starting to look curiously at him. Well, to be perfectly honest, it must have been because of what he was wearing. It was a sparkly fuchsia suit that could be spotted from space. Chanyeol could picture the moment the suit was handed to him by his boss. He wants to run away that instant, but he remembered that they were still a bit short of the rent that month. Swallowing all his pride, he decided to just go with it.

However, just as he had expected, his day got worse. One time when he was handing out fliers to passersby, a little boy bit his hand and ran away.  Chanyeol was gritting his teeth in anger. He had to control his feelings as he reminded himself that it was just a kid. Another time, he accidentally bumped into an old lady who hit him with her walking stick and shouting ‘ual harassment’. The last straw is when some high school kids tried to prank him into falling onto his face.

Chanyeol had little patience with people. Joonmyun had always told him that he must control his anger every now and then because he scares a lot of customers. He knew he was not a nice guy, and he only chose the people he would be nice to. And like today, he ran out of patience once again and ditched the job. Oh well, he thought. He was able to distribute all the fliers anyway (More like threw it to people’s faces). After returning to the café to change his clothes (finally) and get his pay, he began to wonder around. He might run into someone who could give him a more decent work today.

Since he did not meet anyone, he decided to take a nap somewhere. This was a thing for him. He would always go to a rooftop of some building to rest, and it would be anywhere as long as he could be alone for about an hour or two. Chanyeol liked spending his time clearing his mind. When he found a ‘suitable’ building to enter, he went to the fire exit (It was always easier to enter there.). However, it was locked. Chanyeol had been doing this for years and he had a knack for picking locks, so this would be an easy one. As he began to do his work on the door’s knob, he did not notice a figure looming beside him.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Chanyeol heard a gasp and saw a wide eyed Baekhyun pointing at him.

“What the hell, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol was holding his chest in surprise. “You almost gave me a heart attack! What are you doing here?!”

Baekhyun gaped at him. “I should be the one asking you that! I was just about to park my car, when I spotted you. You look like a criminal you know! What are you doing here?!”

“I wanted to go at the rooftop, problem?!” Chanyeol answered. “Why are you here anyway?”

“Well,” Baekhyun crossed his arms. “This is our building for one.”

“What?” Chanyeol looked at his surroundings and finally noticed the familiar setting. “Oh, I didn’t realize.”

Baekhyun scowled. “Why didn’t you just enter the building like a decent person?”

“Why do you care?” Chanyeol raised a crow. “Mind your own business.”

“No!” Baekhyun said firmly. “Give me that!” Baekhyun reached for the hairpin on Chanyeol’s hand, but was unsuccessful.

“Too bad,” Chanyeol snorted. “You don’t have the height.”

He raised the pin as high as he could as Baekhyun jumped around to reach it. When Baekhyun took a break, Chanyeol took the opportunity to open the lock once again (just to annoy Baekhyun). Baekhyun tried to tackle him, but he tried to fight the smaller one off. They were both reaching for the lock when they felt another presence behind them.

“Is there any problem here?”

 

“I hate you.” Baekhyun muttered to Chanyeol.

The two of them were at the police station. Somebody called the police telling that somebody was breaking into the company. Baekhyun tried explaining, but it became worse when Chanyeol tackled the policeman. They ended up getting arrested. Baekhyun called Kris to save him which he did. However, the police did not allow the two of them go yet. They were still needed for questioning.

“Ugh,” Baekhyun hung up his phone. “This is not happening.”

“What?” Chanyeol asked pointedly.

“I won’t be able to accompany Yixing to his recording today.” Baekhyun hung his head.

“Well, Joonmyun could accompany him.” Chanyeol suggested.

“Exactly.” Baekhyun snapped at Chanyeol.

“Don’t worry too much.” Chanyeol said quietly.

“Me? Worry?” Baekhyun said sarcastically.

“Why are you so mean?” Chanyeol asked.

“Oh I don’t know,” Baekhyun continued his sarcastic tone. “I missed an important job today, but I missed it because I was arrested for a crime I did not even do. And here you are, the one who should be blamed for all this, and you are so calm. It’s like nothing happened! So yeah! Give me a break if I was being mean to you!”

Baekhyun turned away from Chanyeol. He tried crossing his arms, but to no avail. Chanyeol chuckled.

“And you forgot we’re stuck together.” Chanyeol raised his hands. Chanyeol’s right wrist was handcuffed to Baekhyun’s left.

Chanyeol tried to shift his hand, and Baekhyun froze.

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun asked.

“I’m trying to get comfortable.” Chanyeol said. His wrists are starting to hurt. “When are they gonna take this off?”

“You’re hurting me in the process,” Baekhyun said impatiently. “Could you stop moving your hand? I’ll just… There.”

Baekhyun used his other hand and put his hand at the back of Chanyeol’s. He fitted his fingers in the spaces between the fingers of the taller boy’s hands.

“Are you okay now?” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol only nodded. He did not even know if he was comfortable or not. But it does not matter now. His mind was blank. The only thing he was thinking about was how Baekhyun’s fingers fit his perfectly. From his point of view, it was an awkwardly weird position that never in a million years would he ever think of, yet somehow, he did not feel the hurt anymore.

 


 

“Hyung,” Jongin said. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll find out soon.” Tao answered.

Jongin lagged behind his brother and his friend. The two were talking animatedly as the three of them walked in the middle of a busy street. Jongin was not saying anything because aside from the fact that Minseok glared at him, he wanted to keep by himself at that time. He sighed miserably to the ground. He had no idea where they were going or what was even happening. However, Jongin decided not to question what was in his brother’s mind. Looking from the smug smile that his Tao-hyung wore, he knew that something was up.

Jongin thought about the talk that he and his brother had that morning. It was not very usual that Tao would tell Jongin off. He would only do that when he was disappointed with his younger brother. Jongin knew. He knew he disappointed his brother. He knew he disappointed Kyungsoo. And most of all, he knew he disappointed himself. He knew what is wrong and what is right, yet he did not do anything. He knew that a lot of the people around him only hang out with him because he was famous. He would go to school every day, and put on an act. He created a persona which would be likeable to everyone. Jongin realized that in the past few days, no matter how many people surrounded him he was never happy. It was like watching himself from outside. He laughed, he joked around, and yet it was not him. He never felt more alone.

Whenever he was in the classroom, Jongin’s mind would drift off to something else. He would think of those times when his brothers would pick on him; how his Baekhyun-hyung would always pinch the life off his cheeks or how his Tao-hyung would whack his head randomly. Those were the times where he could be himself. Those were the people who liked him for being him. That was when he would take a glance at Kyungsoo. Jongin remembered how honest Kyungsoo was. There was never any pretention in him. He would always say what was on his mind no matter what. Even though he would always scold him, Kyungsoo always smiled to him afterwards, even though he was unaware of it. It had always been a sign like telling Jongin that he did not mean any of that.

Jongin suddenly felt his brother’s arms around his shoulders. “Lighten up, little brother. We’re gonna be there in a bit.”

“Hyung,” Jongin looked around the familiar surroundings, and he suddenly became aware. “What are we doing here?!”

Jongin tried to run away, but Tao had a firm grip on his left arm, while Minseok held on his right. Jongin struggled, but the two refused to let go. They were nearly at Kyungsoo’s house. Jongin was not ready for this. Are the two going to make him apologize right now?

“Tao-hyung…” Jongin whimpered. “I can’t do this. I can’t face Kyungsoo right now.”

“Save it, chicken.” Minseok snapped at him. “Kyungsoo’s not there anyway.”

Jongin stopped struggling at he looked confusedly at the two. “He’s not there?”

“Yes,” Minseok nodded. “Uncle sent him on an errand. He’s not gonna be back till tonight.”

“So why are we here?” Jongin asked innocently.

“You’re going to bake bread,” Minseok simply answered. “For Kyungsoo.”

“What?” Jongin gasped. “I don’t know how to bake.”

“That’s why we’re here in this beautiful Saturday morning.” Minseok answered. “You’re gonna learn how to.”

“Tao-hyung~” Jongin looked helplessly at his brother. “I only know how to fry things. How am I supposed to do this?”

Tao only smiled and winked at him. “You’ll do everything, right?”

“What if I anger Kyungsoo more because of my baking?” Jongin asked.

Minseok rolled his eyes. “You’re right; your brother is a baby.”

Tao and Minseok dragged Jongin to the house. And soon enough, Jongin was learning how to bake from Kyungsoo’s dad, while Tao and Minseok took over the bakery. (A/N: The bakery is situated beside the house. ^^)

 

“Appa,” Jongin said quietly, as he tried to make a batter. “I’m really sorry. You should not be helping me.”

Kyungsoo’s old man chuckled. “Why shouldn’t I be helping you, Jongin?”

Jongin sighed dejectedly. “Because I was horrible to Kyungsoo.”

“Ah, about that.” Kyungsoo’s dad patted his head. ”I must say I was a bit surprised when your brother and Minseok explained what happened since Kyungsoo did not tell me anything.”

“So why are you still being nice to me?” Jongin looked up.

Kyungsoo’s dad looked at him thoughtfully, and then he said: “Do you know what Kyungsoo’s favorite bread is?”

When Jongin shook his head in response, Kyungsoo’s dad continued. “It’s bun. A simple bun. I remember how his face lit up when I first gave him a piece. He smiled so sincerely while he ate those buns, that it made my heart warm. Even though he ate other kinds of bread, he will only reserve that expression on his face whenever he ate a warm bun. That’s how he is when you are around, Jongin. He would always have that smile on his face as well. That means you make him happy too.”

“But do you think he could still forgive me?” Jongin asked hesitantly.

“Of course he would forgive you.” Kyungsoo’s dad replied. “You two are friends. When one screws up, the other forgives him… After he gives him a smack in the head. Because that’s what friends do; they forgive each other.”

For the first time in weeks, Jongin felt so at ease that he smiled. “I will certainly make Kyungsoo smile again.”

“That’s the spirit!” Kyungsoo’s dad ruffled his hair.

 


 

Yixing stood outside Kris’ office. This is the first time that the President called for him since, well, they spent the night together. He could not even imagine how awkward this will be. But then again, maybe not. The President never made any acknowledgement of Yixing every time they would see each other, so this may not be as disastrous as his thoughts. Yixing sighed. This feels unnerving. Usually, Baekhyun would always be by his side whenever he would meet the President, but he had not seen his manager. He should be in the office right now.

There were times when Yixing wanted to tell Baekhyun about what went on between him and the President, since he was the closes thing that he had for a confidant. But Yixing always decided against it. For one, Baekhyun was the cousin of the President. And two, he was going to work with Jongdae, and it would not be the best idea if it would get out that Yixing slept with his ex. This might make a bigger mess than it already was. Yixing just concluded that it was just better to let it go and be a secret forever.

Yixing’s thoughts were erupted when he was called in by the President. Yixing tensed up as he went inside. He immediately saw the President looking at some documents as per usual. He finally acknowledged Yixing and gestured for him to sit down.

“Good morning, President.” Yixing said as he took down a seat in front of the table.

“I have some bad news.” Kris said straight to the point.

“What is it, President?” Yixing asked.

“Baekhyun could not accompany you to the recording today.” Kris replied.

“Why?” Yixing asked worriedly as he looked up to Kris. “Did something happen to Baekhyun-ah? Is he okay? Is he sick?”

Kris waved his hand. “No, no. He’s not sick.”

“Then,” Yixing continued. “Why can’t he go with me?”

“He was arrested.” Kris replied bluntly. “He was arrested this morning actually.”

“Baekhyun-ah was arrested?!” Yixing gaped at Kris. “What the hell happened? It can’t be!”

“It was just some silly misunderstanding.” Kris replied. “I’m actually going to the station in a bit to clear things up.”

“Should I still go to the recording today, President?” Yixing asked.

“Yes.” Kris nodded. “Joonmyun will be the one accompanying you. He’s on his way.”

Yixing nodded trying to hide the fact that he was surprised when he heard the name, ‘Joonmyun’. “I understand, President.”

“Well,” Kris said. “If there’s nothing else, you can go.”

“President… I…” Yixing said hesitantly.

“What is it, Yixing?”  Kris asked.

“Nothing, President.” Yixing responded. “Thank you.”

 


 

“Stop staring at me, Tao.” Minseok said as he saw Tao looking intently at him through his peripherals.

“Why not?” Tao asked pouting.

“You should be looking at the breads.” Minseok answered. “We’re here to sell them or else Uncle would be mad at us, and we won’t get paid.”

“Sorry.” Tao said smiling. “But it’s hard you know. It’s kind of confusing since you look like a bun yourself.”

“Why you!” Minseok hit Tao’s arm.

“Yah!” Tao gasped as he rubbed his arm. “That hurt!”

Minseok scoffed and stuck his tongue out. “Serves you right for telling me that I look like a bun.”

He expected that Tao would seek revenge for what he did. However, Tao only reached over to him and pinched both his cheeks.

“You are too cute!” Tao said as he played with Minseok’s cheeks. “They’re so soft and fluffy!”

“Quit playing with my cheeks!” Minseok gasped when Tao let go of him. “Seriously! Be serious for a minute here!”

“Look, you’re blushing!” Tao snorted as he pointed at Minseok.

“I’m not!” Minseok covered his face with his hands.

“But they’re so red!” Tao tried to pry Minseok’s hands away, but he was rejected.

“It’s red because you pinched them to hard!” Minseok yelled while putting up a fight.

“Show me.” Tao finally managed to pull the hands away.

Minseok gasped. Tao’s face was too close to him. He could already count the eyelashes of the taller boy if he wanted to. Minseok was sure that if he was not blushing earlier, he is now. He could feel the heat rising up his cheeks. He was starting to feel uncomfortable from the intense gaze of Tao. He tried to go away, but his legs were surprisingly glued to the spot where he was standing. Minseok tried looking down, but Tao held up his chin with his hand. He was making sure that the smaller boy would look only at him. Deep in his thoughts, Minseok was panicking. He wanted to say something, anything to interrupt this moment. He could almost hear the sound of his heart beat increasing by the second. What was worse is when Tao started leaning in, one step at a time until Minseok’s back was against the corner. Minseok could see Tao’s face going closer and closer, until…

“Oppa,” a small voice chimed in. “I want that chocolate cake.”

Minseok breathed out a sigh of relief. Tao immediately moved away from him. However, Minseok was not sure if he heard a small groan escaping from the taller boy. The both of them looked around, but saw no one. Minseok immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was a ghost. A scream was ready to escape from his lips any second now. Tao meanwhile looked over the counter and smiled. When Minseok looked as well, he saw a cute kid looking up at the both of them.

“I want that cake, oppa.” The small kid blinked at the two teenagers innocently. It took a lot of Minseok’s willpower not to squeal on the spot, because of the child’s cuteness.

Tao immediately went over and carried the kid in his arms.

“What is your name little girl?” Tao smiled as the kid giggled.

“I’m not a girl, oppa.” The child said as he poked Tao’s cheeks. “I’m a boy. My name is Taemin.”

“Omo,” Tao laughed. “If you’re a boy, then you should not call us Oppa. It should be hyung.”

“Hyung~” The little boy cooed, but pouted immediately. “Oppa sounds cuter~”

“Okay…” Tao said playfully. “How old are you, Taemin?”

“I’m four years old!” Taemin cheered happily.

“Aigoo,” Tao smiled. “You’re so cute!!”

“Oppa,” Little Taemin said. “What’s your name?”

“Me?” Tao pointed at himself. “I’m Tao.”

“Tao-oppa!” Taemin repeated, and then he pointed at Minseok. “What is your name other oppa?”

Minseok, who was starting to feel out of place, suddenly looked up hopefully. “I’m Minseok-oppa!”

“Minseok-oppa!” The little boy suddenly reached both hands to Minseok. “I want Minseok-oppa to carry me!”

“Aigoo, here you go, Minseok.” Tao handed Taemin to him.

“Omo…” Taemin frowned like he was trying to figure out something. “It’s higher in Tao-oppa’s arms.”

Tao laughed out loud while Minseok shot him a glare. “That’s too funny! It’s because Minseok-oppa is small.

Minseok cleared his throat as he smiled at the little kid. “So what does little Taemin wanted to eat?”

“Chocolate cake!!” Taemin shouted cheerfully.

“Coming right up!” Tao said as he hurriedly got a slice.

Minseok meanwhile brought Taemin to one of the tables, and settled the little kid in one of the chairs. When Tao brought over cake slice, the little child stared at eat and started crying.

“Omo!” Minseok panicked as he tried to calm down little Taemin’s cries. “What’s wrong Taeminnie?”

“I… I…” Taemin whimpered. “I’m sorry! I did not bring any money!!!”

Tao and Minseok stared at one another. They both know that they could not resist the crying little cute boy, so in the end, Tao agreed that he would pay for Taemin’s cake. The little boy stopped crying after that.

“Oppa,” Taemin chirped as Minseok and Tao watched over him while he’s eating. “Are you two married?”

Minseok gasped. “Omo! No, Taeminnie! Why would you think that?”

“You two are lovey-dovey earlier!” Taemin said. “Tao-oppa’s gonna kiss you!”

“What?!” Minseok laughed awkwardly. “He’s not Taeminnie~”

Tao chuckled. “Actually…” But he stopped speaking when Minseok stomped his foot under the table.

Taemin stared at the two of them again. “So you’re not lovey-dovey?”

“No, Taemin-ah.” Minseok answered smiling at the little boy’s cuteness.

Taemin looked like he was in deep thought, but even then he still looked cute.

“That’s good then!” Taemin cheered.

“What’s good, Taeminnie?” Tao wiped an icing from the little boy’s face.

“If you and Minseok-oppa are not married,” The little boy said cheerfully. “Then I can marry you, Tao-oppa!!”

“Omo!” Tao patted Taemin. “You want to be my boyfriend?”

“Yes!!!” The little kid nodded enthusiastically. “Because Tao-oppa is really handsome!”

“Hear that?” Tao said to Minseok. “I’m handsome.”

“Shut up.” Minseok rolled his eyes.

 

Later, they found out that Taemin was the child of Kyungsoo’s neighbor. The little kid would usually sneak off from their house to eat chocolate cake from the bakery. He was picked up by his panicking mom, who was only relieved to find his little boy safe and sound.

“That kid is so cute.” Minseok commented when they were arranging the breads on the counter.

“I know right?” Tao laughed. “And he wants to marry me.”

“Ugh,” Minseok groaned. “I’m gonna hear about this for a long time, aren’t I?

“Why?” Tao cooed. “Are you jealous of little Taemin?”

“No!” Minseok said as he coughed. The surroundings feel a bit stuffy for some odd reason. He tried to fan himself.

Tao laughed. “Don’t worry.”

“Excuse me?” Minseok said. “Why should I be worried?”

“I will always choose you first.” Tao smiled at him.

“Yah!” Minseok shouted his cheeks were heating up again. “Why do you keep saying things like that?”

Tao stopped what he was doing and looked at Minseok curiously. This was it again. Tao was moving closer and closer to him once more, but this time he looked frustrated. Minseok was flustered once again. He cannot move an inch.

“You’re really dense, aren’t you?” Tao asked as he leaned closer. “It’s because I like…”

Minseok in a state of total panic reached for something closest to him and shoved a huge cream puff into Tao’s mouth before he could finish his sentence. Tao looked down at the cream puff as he bit into it. Minseok closed his eyes. After a couple of minutes, he heard Tao chuckle and he felt like he was moving away from him. Minseok took a peek and saw Tao walking away with the cream puff in his hand eating away happily. Meanwhile, Minseok was frozen on the spot playing the scenario a few minutes earlier.

He likes… What?

 


 

Joonmyun was at the end of his wits. He received a call from Baekhyun that morning telling him that he alone will accompany Yixing to the recording today. Baekhyun was arrested with Chanyeol. How did those two end up with each other anyway? Joonmyun did not know or more like, he did not want to know. Those two, even though these past few had been at least more civil with each other, were like a ticking time bomb. They should not spend more time together than what was necessary or else… Well, Joonmyun did not want to talk about it. When he received the phone call from Chanyeol, he immediately decided to go to the station. However, he received that phone call telling him that the President would be the one taking care of it. That was the same phone call telling him about his job for the day.

While Joonmyun was okay with the whole ordeal, he cannot answer for Yixing. Since the time Joonmyun became the assistant of Baekhyun, he and Yixing had not really talked. Sure, they would always have the casual greeting, but it never went past that. Sometimes, Joonmyun would wonder if the two of them would ever get past that awkward stage. He really wanted to make things more natural between the two of them, yet there does not seem any good time ever.

What made things more awkward was when Joonmyun woke up a few days ago with a horrible hangover. He only found out later from a laughing Chanyeol that it was due to the fact that he drank a bottle of beer the previous night. His friend had also told him that he clung on to Yixing the whole night, and threw a very loud tantrum when Yixing was tucking him to bed. It took a lot of Joonmyun’s pride to go to work that day. He was surprised that Baekhyun did not fire him. Yixing meanwhile, well, as usual was awkward to him. Joonmyun was starting to think that they needed to be drunk first before the two of them could finally talk to each other.

Since the two of them will be spending time together today, Joonmyun hoped that he and Yixing would finally be able to open up to each other. Well, Joonmyun could only hope. Joonmyun was on his way to pick Yixing at Baekhyun’s office when he ran into some familiar employees that Baekhyun introduced to him before. After he greeted them, he proceeded on his way. However, a few minutes later he realized that he was lost again, so he decided to go back to where he started. He was about to turn a corner when he heard the employees he met earlier talking.

“—that Joonmyun, Baekhyun’s assistant? Oh, I hate him.”

“Me too! I don’t know where Baekhyun got him, but how could he just appear into our lives and ruin it from everyone!”

“I bet he bribed the President. Baekhyun did not want an assistant in the first place, and then suddenly he now has one? Really fishy…”

“That’s true! I tried applying for that job, but I was rejected a lot of times!”

“Me too! And now that Joonmyun spends a lot of time with Yixing?”

“He so does not deserve the part.”

Joonmyun could not stand it, He bit his lip in anger, yet he decided to let it go. However, when he was about to walk away, a hand pushed him gently against the wall. Joonmyun who was in shock did not even have time to react when a familiar figure passed in front of him, and went to the gossiping employees.

“Is there a problem here?” Kris’ voice sent chills to Joonmyun’s spine. He watched from afar as the President confronted them.

“N…No sir.” One of them answered.

“What did I hear about you bad mouthing Joonmyun?” Kris asked as the employees cowered.

“W… We’re so sorry, President!” another one piped in.

“And did I hear something about bribery?” Kris laughed sarcastically. “Me? I can be bribed?”

“No, sir, n...never.”

“Do not ever step in this office ever again.” Kris replied coldly. “You are all fired.”

The gossiping employees stood rooted at the spot, with their mouths hanging open because of the shock. Kris walked away and went to Joonmyun’s spot. Joonmyun looked at Kris gratefully, tears were apparent from the corner of his eyes. Kris smiled at him kindly and patted his head gently.

“You did not have to do that, President.” Joonmyun’s voice cracked.

“Why?” Kris asked. “You did not deserve any of those vile words.”

Joonmyun wiped the tears from his eyes, and smiled. “Thank you, sir.”

“No problem.” Kris grinned in return. “Now go on, Yixing’s already waiting for you.”

 


 

“Yixing!” Jongdae greeted from inside the studio. “You’re finally here!”

Yixing smiled at him. “Good afternoon, Jongdae-hyung. I hope I was not late.”

“Not at all,” Jongdae smiled in return. “Not at all. You’re right just in time!”

“That’s good.” Yixing breathed out a sigh in relief.

“Where’s Baekhyun?” Jongdae looked around.

“Ah,” Yixing replied while thinking if he should reveal Baekhyun’s predicament at the moment. “He was not available at the moment.”

“Oh,” Jongdae looked disappointed. “I was kinda looking forward to seeing him. The last time I saw him was at the party.”

“I’m sure he’ll be here next time, hyung.” Yixing assured.

“So you came here alone?” Jongdae asked.

“No, hyung.” Yixing answered. “This is Joonmyun. He’s… Uhm, Baekhyun-ah’s assistant.”

Jongdae moved forward to greet Joonmyun and held up his hand. “Hi Joonmyun, it’s nice to meet you!”

Joonmyun shook Jongdae’s hands. “It’s nice to meet you, sir.”

Jongdae frowned. “No, no. Don’t call me that. You could call me ‘hyung’ like Yixing right here.”

“Ah no, sir.” Joonmyun refused politely. “That’s too familiar, sir. I can’t do that.”

“Aigoo…” Jongdae chuckled. “You’re so cute! But I really insist! I don’t really like people calling me ‘sir’. It makes me feel old.”

“B… But…” Joonmyun said feebly.

“No buts!” Jongdae shook his head. “Or else I’ll punish you! So what would you call me next time?”

Joonmyun’s face flushed as he tried to make a sound. “H… Hyung…?”

“That’s more like it!” Jongdae smiled widely.

 

Joonmyun waited in one of the seats in the control room while Yixing and Jongdae went to prepare in the live room. There had been quite a problem since the sound engineer was late.

“I’m so sorry, Yixing-ah.” Jongdae apologized. “It was not supposed to be like this.”

Yixing shook his head. “No, hyung it’s alright. Don’t worry yourself too much.”

“But it must have been troubling you a lot.” Jongdae hung his head. “I will make sure that this will not happen in the future.”

Yixing smiled. “I told you, hyung. I’m okay. You’re not troubling me at all.”

“But you must have been bored,” Jongdae was thinking of how to pass the time. “Do you want to play a song?”

“Sure.” Yixing nodded.

“Hmm…” Jongdae hummed and he approached the instruments. “Do you know how to play the piano?”

“Yes, hyung.” Yixing smiled. “Do you also know how to play it?

“Yup.” Jongdae said as he opened the cover of the piano. He stared at the keys and turned back to Yixing. “Play a song, Yixing-ah.”

Yixing looked flustered. “I can’t, hyung. I’m not ready.”

“Oh come on,” Jongdae insisted. “Play something I haven’t heard before.”

“I’m not sure.” Yixing hesitated. “I don’t know what to play.”

Jongdae thought about it for a moment. “How about the first song you’ve ever composed? Can you still remember it?”

“Of course,” Yixing looked uncertain.

“Is there any problem?” Jongdae asked.

“Uhh no…” It did not escape from Jongdae’s vision that Yixing took a quick glance at a certain someone beyond the glass of the live room. “I just… I wrote this when I was fifteen, so it might sound stupid and immature.”

“No it won’t.” Jongdae smiled. “Those were your emotions that you expressed at that time through music. It does not matter if you sounded stupid.”

Yixing finally complied. As he sang, Jongdae could not help, but to feel sad. Yixing must have been heartbroken when he wrote this piece, Jongdae thought. He could hear the melancholic tune as he listened to it fully. It was true. It did sound immature, but not in a bad way. In a more of a first love, first heartbreak kind of way, that every living person in this world have experienced. A song that makes you think of only one person in this world. When Yixing finished his song, Jongdae applauded. Yixing felt embarrassed as usual.

“I told you it sounded stupid.” Yixing laughed awkwardly. “You can laugh, Jongdae-hyung.”

“No, I won’t” Jongdae said. “It makes me think more that I chose the right person for the job.”

 


 

Sehun stood on the balcony, sipping a glass of whiskey as he let himself drown in his thoughts. He smiled to himself as he looked at the sun setting. He took another sip from his glass. From the time they arrived in his vacation house, everything had been going on just the way he liked it. He chuckled at the thought of seeing Luhan’s face lighting up when they entered the house. He immediately gave himself a tour, and was fascinated by everything he saw. Sehun was happy that Luhan was as excited as he was to spend this weekend together. He had been looking forward to this as well, and planned everything in order so that he made sure that only the two of them would be the only one there.

He did not know why, but for some unknown reason, he had spent more time with Luhan than any person he had played with before. The odd thing was he had never slept with Luhan yet. They never went anywhere beyond their kisses. Sehun wondered if he slept with him, it would be over. Somehow, he did not like thinking of that. It always made an uncertain feeling deep in his stomach. He always pushed the thought away. The truth was (and he made sure of it), Sehun did not really want to let go of Luhan that easily. There is so much mystery from the latter, that Sehun wanted to find out. Besides, Luhan felt like a drug to him. Whenever Sehun felt something was wrong, Luhan would be the one who would make him feel better.

Luhan would always come to be a surprise to him. From the first time they met, he always kept Sehun fascinated. He was not like the others that are too predictable. Sehun got tired of them easily. Aside from that, Sehun worries constantly about him. He knew for a fact that Luhan had a strong personality, but for some reason, Sehun wanted to protect him at all cost. Whenever Sehun touched him, it always felt like he was afraid to let go. He did not even know why he was feeling that way. They were just playing a game anyway. However, whenever Luhan touched Sehun, he experienced the softness and gentleness from him, like telling Sehun how vulnerable and fragile he was.

Sehun felt a pair of arms hugging him from behind. He smiled when he felt Luhan rest his head on his back. Sehun was about to turn around, but Luhan held him in place.

“Don’t move.” Luhan said softly. “Let’s just stay like this for a minute.

The two of them stayed in that position without saying anything. It was as if the silence were enveloping them in a place where only the two of them exists. Sehun smiled contentedly. His breath in sync with Luhan’s. After what was supposed to be a minute, Sehun turned around to see a smiling Luhan still with his arms around his waist.

“Are you finished organizing things yet?” Sehun asked playfully.

“Yes,” Luhan answered happily.

“So what do you want to do before dinner?” Sehun asked while he played with Luhan’s hair.

“You tell me,” Luhan said.

“How about a walk at the beach?” Sehun suggested, and Luhan nodded in response.

Sehun held onto Luhan’s hand as they made their way to the shore. They did not talk much, but both of them enjoyed the peace. Sehun the back of Luhan’s hands as they walked under the twilight.

“It’s really beautiful here.” Luhan said as he leaned his head on Sehun’s shoulders.

“Really?” Sehun said. “I’m glad you liked it in here.”

“Yeah,” Luhan gave Sehun’s hand a soft squeeze. “It’s like we’re in paradise. It’s like we’re the only people in the world.”

“I like the thought being alone with you, Luhannie.” Sehun said sincerely.

“Me too.” Luhan chuckled. “I feel like I’m gonna hate it so much when we leave here on Monday.

“Don’t think about that yet.” Sehun warned. “Let’s just talk about someone else.”

“Like what?” Luhan looked up at him curiously.

“I don’t know…” Sehun thought about it. “What about… How did you know Jongdae-hyung?”

Luhan laughed. “I did not expect your first question would be about Jongdae. Well, he was actually a good friend of mine. He was the one who gave me the stylist job in the first place.”

“Oh,” Sehun nodded. “That explains that.”

“How about you,” Luhan asked. “How did you know Baekhyun?”

“We were childhood friends.” Sehun responded. “Our fathers knew each other, so that automatically meant that we had to spend time together and attend those high society parties.”

“You really are something, Oh Sehun.” Luhan commented.

“Not as much as you.” Sehun said in return.

“So what else do you want to ask me?”

They talked about a lot of things; from their childhood to their likes and dislikes to ‘what-would-you-do if…’ scenarios. They spent a lot of time talking that Sehun did not know how they ended up sitting down in the middle of the beach with Luhan sitting in between his legs. Even then, Sehun did not let go of Luhan’s hands. In one way or another, Sehun felt at ease that he knew more about Luhan now. And here they go again, sitting in silence under the moonlight.

“Do you ever wish that you could redo your life and start from the beginning?” Luhan suddenly asked.

“Sometimes,” Sehun answered. “Whenever I screw things up especially.”

Luhan nodded. “Yeah, that’s reasonable.”

“How about you?” Sehun asked inquiringly. “Did you ever think of that?”

“Yes.” Luhan answered. “But the idea kind of scares me now.”

“Why?”

Luhan turned to him and looked at Sehun sincerely. “I was afraid that if I changed my life, I’ll never have these kinds of moments, you know? What if in my alternate life, I won’t be able to meet you?”

That was all Sehun could bear to hear. He held onto Luhan tightly. He leaned down to press his lips to Luhan softly at first, but as his kisses were responded to; it turned out to be more fervent. It was some sort of connection that Sehun could never ever get used to, yet he was really addicted to. Right there and then, under the moonlight, Sehun felt his heart rapidly beating once again.

 


 

Jongdae approached Joonmyun who was patiently waiting outside in the control room as Yixing recorded his part. Joonmyun looked so innocent that Jongdae could not help but to be fond of him at once. Joonmyun smiled right away when he saw Jongdae approaching him. They sat beside each other as they watched Yixing sing his heart out. Joonmyun’s eyes twinkled as he saw his friend giving it all. It made him so proud to see finally see him singing this close. Joonmyun was totally oblivious to the fact that Jongdae was carefully watching him from the side, with a knowing smile etched on his face.

“How are you, Joonmyun-ah?” Jongdae asked kindly. “I’m sure you’re pretty bored by now.”

Joonmyun shook his head. “No, Jongdae-hyung. Everything is pretty new to me right now, I’m pretty overwhelmed.”

“I’m sorry it’s taking so long.” Jongdae said.

“It’s okay, really.” Joonmyun smiled. “I never would have thought that I’ll be here in the first place, and never in a million years would I imagine myself seeing a huge star like you, Jongdae-hyung.” He added with a tinge of pink on his cheeks.

Jongdae laughed softly. “You know it’s really charming that you are so honest, Joonmyun-ah.”

“I feel so embarrassed right now.” Joonmyun laughed awkwardly.

“You know what,” Jongdae said. “In a way, I kinda see myself in you.”

Joonmyun widened his eyes. “That’s impossible, hyung.”

“It’s funny,” Jongdae continued. “I don’t even know why, but I’m quite fond of you already, and that’s rare for me.”

Joonmyun looked at him with uncertainty. “Aish, that’s too much, hyung.”

Jongdae chuckled. “It’s like you’re my little brother, you know? That’s how I felt when I first met Yixing.”

At the mention of the name ‘Yixing’, Joonmyun stiffened up and let out an awkward laugh. “O…Oh, I see.”

Jongdae beamed. His suspicions had been right all along. There was something between those two kids beyond what meets the eye. Jongdae found it somewhat adorable. He was not going to play cupid or anything. However, he was in all honesty, really fond of Yixing and Joonmyun. Besides he was just really a er for stories like this, and he intended to find out more about it.

“I’m guessing there’s something about Yixing,” Jongdae led on. “Right, Joonmyun-ah?”

“What?” Joonmyun blushed. “What are you talking about, hyung?”

Jongdae gave a knowing smile. “You love Yixing, don’t you?”

“N… no!” Joonmyun was flustered. “I mean not how you meant. Yixing and I had been friends since we were children. That’s it.”

“I’ve seen the way you look at him, Joonmyun-ah.” Jongdae said.

“I don’t understand.” Joonmyun looked down.

“Tell me the story between the two of you.” Jongdae urged on.

And Joonmyun did. When he finished recounting the story, Jongdae smiled at him kindly. “Now I see more of myself in you.”

“What do you mean hyung?” Joonmyun asked.

“Nevermind that,” Jongdae replied. “So that’s how you ended up here, huh?”

Joonmyun nodded. “Yes, but I’m afraid things won’t be the same again.”

“Of course they won’t be the same.” Jongdae said and Joonmyun looked up to him. “But that doesn’t exactly mean that there’s no chance.”

“I don’t think we’re in the same page anymore.” Joonmyun said quietly.

Jongdae thought of Yixing’s song. “Yixing doesn’t seem to be very expressive of his emotions through his words, but trust me. Listen to what his music is telling, and you’ll find out he’s still waiting for you, Joonmyun-ah.”

Joonmyun stared at Jongdae without words coming out of his mouth. All these words were becoming more and more overwhelming right now.

“Tell me honestly, Joonmyun-ah.” Jongdae smiled. “You love Yixing, don’t you?”

“I… I don’t…”

I don’t know.

 


 

“This is a lost cause.” Minseok gasped as he watched the black smoke surrounding the kitchen.

“Yeah,” Tao nodded in agreement. “So much for your brilliant idea.”

“Well, I’m sorry.” Minseok said. “I never thought that baking would be your brother’s greatest hurdle.”

The two watched as Jongin tried to make another batch of bread. Jongin was struggling. His face and arm are covered with flour right now, but it did not matter at that time. Kyungsoo’s father had been patient with him the whole day, and he was not going to disappoint him. He did not know why baking hated him so much. He had struggles before, but not like this. He was worried that his apology would not be effective this time around. He had his Tao-hyung and Minseok-hyung to meddle already. He cannot give up this easily. As Jongin kneaded the bread, he put all his concentration in it. He must let all his feelings delivered through this, and he will surely get that forgiveness if it was the last thing he would do.

“Is Kyungsoo coming home yet?” Tao asked worriedly. Jongin shot up a panicked look at his older brother.

“Might be soon,” Minseok answered with the same tone of anxiety. “He was gone for a whole day already."

“Well, we could stall him if he ever came early.” Tao suggested as Minseok nodded in agreement.

 

Meanwhile, at the other side of the city, Kyungsoo was getting out of the train. It was a weekend and his father asked him to bring bread for his relatives in the province. It was not a problem for Kyungsoo, even though it was not usual for his father to send him into a really far errands like this, he thought that he needed a change of scene once in a while. It was an enjoyable trip actually. Kyungsoo woke up early that morning. Ever since the time that his father brought him to the province, he fell in love with the place right away. He would always look forward whenever they would go there.

Kyungsoo also enjoyed meeting his father’s relatives. Even though he was not related to them, they always treated Kyungsoo like he was a part of the family. They were warm and welcoming people just like his father. Kyungsoo felt really lucky to have met such people in his life. And like usual, when he announced his arrival, he was met with warm smiles from them. Kyungsoo always liked spending his time there, aside from the fact that they dote on him a lot; he liked listening to the stories of his uncles and aunts.

He would always feel sad whenever it was time to leave, well, not as sad as his aunts who were literally bawling when they dropped him off at the train station. However, no matter how Kyungsoo hated leaving the province, he had to go back to his world; the real world. And he was in the least bit enthusiastic about it.

As he took the bus home, he thought of the event these past few days. Things had been strange a lot since he rejected Jongin’s apology that time. Sometimes, when Kyungsoo think about it, he felt like an idiot. He should have accepted it. Well, he does not have a choice. Who knows, things might stay the same if he did. That was the time when Kyungsoo would get frustrated even more. ‘What’s done is done’; that was what he kept on telling himself. And yet, he highly doubted his judgment.

When he went got out of the bus, the cold night wind sent shivers to him. He slowly made his way back home, taking all the time he needed in this world. As he approached their house, he saw two familiar figures running up to him, and stopping him on his tracks.

“Kyungsoo!!!” Minseok gave him a tight hug. “You’re finally here!”

“Minseok-hyung!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “What the hell?”

“Oh, I just missed you.” Minseok beamed widely. Too widely. “That’s all.”

“What is going on here?” Kyungsoo demanded an explanation. He looked at Tao.

“Kyungsoo!” Tao yelled and gave him a hug as well. “I missed you too!”

Kyungsoo was freaking out. “Okay, you two are freaking me out. I was only gone for a day.”

“It felt like forever.” Tao looked at him with puppy dog eyes. It scared Kyungsoo a bit. “We were lonely without you.”

“Okay…? Kyungsoo tugged Minseok’s arms. “Minseok-hyung, Tao hyung’s starting to scare me.”

“Stop acting weird.” Minseok hissed at Tao.

“Did something happen?” Kyungsoo eyed the two. “Because I’m really tired, I just want to go to sleep.”

Kyungsoo was heading to the house when Tao and Minseok shouted. “NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!”

Kyungsoo turned at them in surprise. “Why?”

Minseok laughed awkwardly. “We… Uhh… We have some news.”

“What is it? Kyungsoo quirked an eyebrow.

Minseok turned to Tao for help, which he did. “Well, Minseok and I are going out.”

“WHAT?!!” Kyungsoo and Minseok yelled in unison.

“That’s not true!” Minseok gripped Kyungsoo’s arms as if desperately begging the younger to believe him. “It’s not that.”

“Then what is it?” Kyungsoo gasped.

“I… I…” Minseok stuttered. “I broke Jongin’s record.”

“Oh,” Kyungsoo let out a laugh in relief. “Congratulations, hyung.”

Kyungsoo turned back to head back to the house. The two tried to stop him once again, but Kyungsoo noticed something. Some black smoke was coming out of the kitchen window. Panic immediately flooded in his mind.

“Oh my God!” Kyungsoo gasped as he rushed inside the house right away. “The house is burning!”

He immediately went to the kitchen, and when he neared the door, he heard someone cheering happily inside. Kyungsoo opened the door in panic. He did not expect that he would get the surprise of his life. He came face to face with Jongin, a very messy Jongin. He was covered in batter mix all over, and he looked really happy as he held a tray of ‘slightly burnt’ batch of buns in his hands.

“Appa!” Jongin cheered. “I did it! I finally made something edible!”

“That’s great Jongin!” Kyungsoo heard his father saying. “What did I tell you?”

Kyungsoo stood there in shock, and in utter lost of words. He heard Minseok and Tao coming behind him.

He cleared his throat. “What is going on here?”

Kyungsoo looked from Jongin to his father, who in turn coughed uneasily and excused himself dragging Tao and Minseok with him. He also felt Minseok pushing him lightly into the kitchen and closing the door behind them. That was it, Kyungsoo and Jongin stared at each other. An awkward silence was surrounding them. Kyungsoo decided to be the first one to break the ice.

“What is going on here?” He repeated his question.

 

Jongin stared at him in shock. He looked like he was struggling on what he had to say. He decided to settle the tray of bread on the table as he breathed out to concentrate on the speech he was rehearsing on his head the whole day.

“Kyungsoo, I…” He started. Don’t screw up now. “I’m really, really sorry. I know I had said this before but I will say it again. I’m sorry. If you still reject me this time, I’ll say it over and over until you forgive me. I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I screw up big time. I’m sorry that I hurt you, but you are really an important friend to me. I’m sorry that I…”

But he was cut off when Kyungsoo went up to him and hugged him tightly. Jongin was dumbfounded. He forgot his speech entirely. He stood in shock for a few seconds, but he returned Kyungsoo’s embrace eventually.

“You’re really stupid.” Kyungsoo whispered never letting go of Jongin. “Really, really stupid. You’re the stupidest person I’ve ever met in the world.”

Jongin smiled in relief. “Does this mean I’m forgiven?”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“Well,” Jongin pulled back. “I baked these buns for you.”

“What?” Kyungsoo stared at him in shock. “Is that why you look like that?”

“Well, yes.” Jongin smiled embarrassedly. “Those were only my successful batch so…”

“And they’re burnt.” Kyungsoo commented.

“Only slightly!” Jongin defended. “They’re unlike the others!”

“Ah,” Kyungsoo teased. “That explains all these black lumps all around.”

Jongin looked at him dejectedly. “Well if you’re not going to eat them, I will.”

“Who says I’m not going to eat them?” Kyungsoo said as he ate a piece. “Buns are buns. They’re my favorite.”

Jongin watched in awe as Kyungsoo ate the bread that he baked. He knew it was far from delicious, but Kyungsoo smiled happily. However, after some time, Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo was crying.

“Yah! Why are you crying?” Jongin asked worriedly. “Are they that bad?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “No. It’s not that.”

“Then why?” Jongin asked again.

“I’m just really happy.” Kyungsoo said in between his sniffs. “I’m really glad that we’re friends once again.”

 


 

Joonmyun walked quietly behind Yixing as they headed back to the company. As per usual, they were not talking to each other. It became more awkward now after Joonmyun talked to Jongdae. Yixing was not saying anything either. When they rode the elevator, there was just pure silence. It was as if it was the longest elevator ride ever. Both of them were holding their breaths, and only breathed out a sigh of relief when they finally went out of the lift. Joonmyun could not hide his relief. After settling some matters back in the office, Joonmyun decided to go home.

“Yixing-ah.” Joonmyun called out to his friend, before he headed out. “I’ll be going home first.”

“What?” Yixing looked up to him.

“I’m leaving.” Joonmyun repeated.

“Oh,” Yixing said quietly. “I see. Okay.”

Joonmyun then proceeded to the elevators. The doors were just closing when a hand stopped it. Joonmyun nearly gasped when he saw Yixing going in the lift as well. It felt like his heart dropped hundreds of miles to the ground. Joonmyun could suddenly feel the air around him getting stuffy. He looked down at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing at that moment.

Yixing cleared his throat. “Have you eaten yet, Joonmyun?”

Joonmyun jumped in surprise. “Oh, uhm, not yet, Yixing-ah.”

“Let’s go eat somewhere.” Yixing suddenly said. “It’s gonna be my treat.”

“What?” Joonmyun eyed him in shock. “You don’t have to. I can eat at home.”

“No, I insist.” Yixing said firmly.

Joonmyun was speechless and all he had the strength to do was nod his head in response.

The two of them sat silently at Yixing drove away from the company. Yixing wanted to eat somewhere with a lot of crowd, but Joonmyun refused. They could not risk Yixing to be out in the open and be recognized by the fans. Joonmyun knows that his friend was not ready to be out in the open without a disguise. Besides, it was his job to protect Yixing at all costs anyway. He must do it right. Joonmyun even heard Yixing muttering that he was more uptight than Baekhyun. They ended up ordering something from a drive thru because Joonmyun did not allow Yixing to go into the fast food.

“So where do you plan to eat all those things we ordered?” Yixing asked bluntly.

“I don’t know.” Joonmyun shook his head. “Maybe somewhere where there’s not a big crowd.”

Yixing thought about it for a moment. “I see. I know where to go now.”

Joonmyun was surprised when Yixing pulled over at that place. The park that was both special to them. As the two of them sat side by side in the swings, they ate their dinner.

“Joonmyun,” Yixing suddenly said as he stopped eating. “I’m sorry.”

The said boy suddenly looked up. “For what?”

“For not being the nicest person to you.” Yixing answered.

However, Joonmyun shook his head. “No, Yixing-ah, you don’t have to apologize for anything.”

“It’s just…” Yixing paused. “This might sound as an excuse, but I just felt overwhelmed, you know? I have not seen you for ages, Joonmyun, and then one day you were just there. It’s a lot to take in. It’s like I was just getting used to the fact that I won’t be able to see you ever, but all of a sudden, things changed and now I have to get used to seeing you every day. That sounded more messed up than what I intended to say.”

“Yixing-ah,” Joonmyun said quietly. “It’s not messed up. I guess things happened so fast.”

Yixing nodded and heaved a sigh. “Your friend Chanyeol told me that you still go back here every year.”

Joonmyun did a double take, before gasping in surprise. “Oh my God.”

“Why?” Yixing inquired at the sudden reaction. “What’s the matter?”

Joonmyun fished out his phone from his pocket and start dialing. “I have to check up on Chanyeol! He and Baekhyun-ah might still be in the police station!”

Yixing meanwhile snatched the phone from Joonmyun’s hands. The latter stared at him in shock.

“W... What…?” Joonmyun asked.

Yixing gaped at him. “I’m sure the President took care of it. Don’t worry.”

“Okay…” Joonmyun said simply.

“Is…” Yixing bit his lip before continuing. “Is this Chanyeol guy your boyfriend or something?”

“No.” Joonmyun shook his head. “He's just a a good friend of mine and my roommate. Why?”

“Nothing.” Yixing said and handed Joonmyun’s phone back.

Joonmyun furrowed his eyebrow, and just nodded in response.

“Joonmyun,” Yixing said. “Remember when we went here on a picnic when were kids?”

“Which picnic?” Joonmyun asked smiling.

“The one where you were afraid to ride this exact swing.” Yixing replied.

“Of course,” Joonmyun nodded in response. “And you would always push the swing so hard that I got angry at you.”

“Yeah, that’s it.” Yixing said. “And you cried, because you were really scared.”

“That’s an embarrassing memory.” Joonmyun snorted. “I was such a crybaby at that time.”

“Remember what I did at that time?” Yixing looked at him intently.

Joonmyun smiled. “You cried too!”

“Yeah,” Yixing said. “I did that because that was the first time I made you cry.”

“Oh yeah…”

“Do you remember what I said after that?” Yixing asked as he saw Joonmyun nod.

“You promised that you won’t make me cry again.” Joonmyun beamed in response.

Yixing sighed. “But I still did make you cry, didn’t I?”

Joonmyun did not say anything, and Yixing did not demand a response.

“However,” Yixing turned to face Joonmyun and held up his pinky finger. “I want to make a new promise. It was more of a renewal. I promise that I will never ever make you cry again, Joonmyun-ah. Do you believe me?”

“Yes.” Joonmyun held up his pinky as well and sealed the promise.

And for the first time in all these years, under the faint light of the moon, Joonmyun once again saw the smile on Yixing’s face. The smile that he adored so much. The one that always assured him that everything felt alright. And finally, Joonmyun had his answer. An answer that was not important if he voiced out or not, because he was just happy to finally realize it.

Yes. He had and always has been in love with Yixing.

 


 

“Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun chased after him.

He was getting exhausted. Baekhyun knew it was a bad idea to run after Chanyeol, since the latter walked really fast and his legs were longer than his. Clearly, this was the worst idea in the world. However, Baekhyun needed to give him a piece of his mind. Yes, he needed it. After Kris settled the matter in the police station, the two of them were still held in custody for some paper works. Besides, the policemen told them that they were getting tired of his and Chanyeol’s bickering. After signing some papers, Chanyeol was the first one to leave. However, Baekhyun would not let go of him.

“What’s your problem?!” Chanyeol yelled back. “Stop following me! Creep!”

Baekhyun gasped. “Me?! Creep?! Have you seen your face?!”

“Yes!” Chanyeol shouted. People are starting to look at them. “And could you stop being so loud? People are starting to look at us!”

“I’m not loud!” Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows.

“Fine,” Baekhyun tried lowering his voice. “You’re loud too.”

“That’s because you’re so far away!” Chanyeol replied. “You’re the worst chaser in the history. Just saying…”

“Well, excuse me if my legs are short!” Baekhyun retorted. “You think you’re so great towering over people like that!”

“Yeah, well” Chanyeol stopped walking so that Baekhyun could catch up to him.

“Where are you going anyway?!” Baekhyun panted as he closed on Chanyeol.

“I’d tell you if you come closer.” Chanyeol beckoned Baekhyun to him.

Baekhyun approached Chanyeol. But when they were just a few feet apart, Chanyeol started running away once again. Oh my God I really need to exercise. Baekhyun thought as he went to chase after Chanyeol. He ran as fast as he could, and he nearly lost him. Luckily, Chanyeol slowed down in front of a school gate. Baekhyun gave his all to finally catch up to him. However, when Baekhyun was standing by his side, Chanyeol went up to climb the gates.

“Yah!” Baekhyun gasped. “What are you doing?! Do you want to get arrested again?!”

Chanyeol smiled at him from the other side of the gate. “You know it’s because you’re so noisy that we got caught anyway.”

“What?” Baekhyun hissed, but lowered his voice anyway. “We won’t get in trouble if you’re not off trespassing at private properties.”

“You see?” Chanyeol said. “We always see things in different views. No wonder the people at the station grew tired of us.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “So what if I’m more realistic than you are?”

“It was more like you’re more uptight than I am.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“I’m not uptight.” Baekhyun snapped.

“That’s what all uptight people say.” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m not!” Baekhyun said angrily.

Chanyeol had a mischievous smile on his face. “Prove it.”

“What?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

“Come with me.” Chanyeol’s smile became wider.

Baekhyun eyed the school. It certainly looked spooky in the middle of the night. “I’m not gonna go in there.”

“Why?” Chanyeol teased. “You scared?”

“I’m not!” Baekhyun said. “I’m not getting in trouble twice in a day.”

“Come on, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol insisted. “You know that’s how people end up dying a .”

Baekhyun scowled at Chanyeol and went to climb the gate as well. When they were inside the building, Baekhyun used all his willpower to stop screaming whenever he hears a sudden sound from behind. Chanyeol, he observed, seemed to be oblivious of his dark surroundings. He seemed to be really used to entering buildings. Suddenly, Baekhyun felt something touching his arms, which resulted to a loud yelp from him and a loud guffaw from Chanyeol.

“I knew it!” Chanyeol was still panting from his laughter. “You are definitely scared!”

“I’m not!” Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol. “I was just surprised that’s all!”

“Po-ta-to, po-tah-to…” Chanyeol said playfully.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, and attempted to change the subject. “Why are you so obsessed with entering buildings anyway?”

Chanyeol paused before answering. “I’m not obsessed with buildings. I’m obsessed with this.” And he opened the door to the rooftop.

“You like going to rooftops?” Baekhyun asked as he felt the night breeze when they entered.

“Yup.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Isn’t that a bit of a cliché?” Baekhyun asked. “It’s like in those dramas and movies.”

“Yeah, well.” Chanyeol said. “I have my reasons.”

“Like what?”

“It’s closer to heaven.” Chanyeol answered simply.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol said. “I know it’s weird, but the closer I get to the sky, it felt like heaven could hear me.”

Baekhyun stared at him. “You talk to heaven?”

Chanyeol laughed. “No. I talk to someone in heaven.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun finally realizing. “I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s okay.” Chanyeol shook his head as he looked up at the stars. “It actually makes me happy whenever I do this.

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol lied down on the ground.

“Why don’t you lie down too?” Chanyeol suggested looking up at Baekhyun who was standing beside him.

“I… I...”

Baekhyun was about to oblige when droplets of rain fell down from the sky. He immediately went somewhere with a roof. Chanyeol immediately got up and looked at him. He was getting drenched under the rain.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol shouted at him. His voice barely audible from the sound of the raindrops.

“I don’t like rain!” Baekhyun shouted back.

“Why?” Chanyeol asked. “Do you have this weird fear of water?!”

“No!” Baekhyun shook his head. “I just  hate rain!”

“You’re so stupid, you know!!” Chanyeol said. “You are weird, and stupid, and annoying!!!”

Baekhyun glared at him. “Well, you’re loud, and obnoxious, and ridiculously tall!”

Chanyeol laughed as he ran over to Baekhyun. He snatched the latter’s hand and pulled Baekhyun with him. As the two of them got soaked under the rain, Baekhyun started crying. It was soft as first, but it got louder by the second. Chanyeol did not say anything, and he pulled Baekhyun into a hug. Chanyeol gently the smaller boy’s back as he cried helplessly. Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol whispering things to him, but he was not able to hear them. It did not matter anyway. However, Baekhyun realized something.

Maybe he did not hate the rain anymore.

 

 


 

So how was it? REALLY long right? 

And remember what  I said at the last chapter that it will be light and fluffy? Well, I kinda lied? Idk... @_@

 

(Well now, off to the comments)

First of all: YES. FINALLY WE HAVE BAEKYEOL!! LOLS. I love Baekyeol... So so much.

 

And to KrisChen shippers... There you go guys.  ^^ /ppoppo

 

I had to tone down the HunHan couple a bit, to prepare them for the... Well,, It's a secret >.<

 

Oh SuLay.. Well, they needed to fix things up somehow, right? And have you seen their moments lately? Submarine is sailing. ^^

 

And the four high school kids.. Oh I had so much fun with the Taomin part... And with little Taemin... Tao+Taemin... Taomin... Lol. See what I did there? :D Finally, KaiSoo,. I think Kai had suffered long enough. Go get him umma!

 

Thank you as usual for the comments! They are highly appreciated!

I will update as soon as I have the time.. Which is prolly next weekend.

So until then! And get ready for some legit drama

And I love you all so much for reading!

Till later! Jaa nee~~ ^^