Chapter Three

Because You're By My Side

 

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I only updated now... I had a truckload of school works last week and I only had a free time last night. This is totally unedited, and if I made some errors in grammar and spelling... I'm really really sorry!! I'll check it later when my mind's had some rest! I'm too excited that's why I posted this now. This is shorter than my usual updates. ^^

 


 

 

“What happened here?!”

“Baekhyun-ah…”

“I’m asking you! What happened here?!”

“Let me explain… It’s not what you think…”

“It’s not what I think?! Then what is it?!”

“I…”

“What?!”

*silence*

“We’re done.”

“Baekhyun-ah, wait!”

“Stay away from me!”

Baekhyun woke up with a start. The moment he opened his eyes, a pain shot through his head. Simultaneously, he felt his stomach turn and a feeling of nausea came to him. Feeling like he could not take it anymore, he slowly got up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom to throw up. He was making such a loud racket, when Tao suddenly knocked on the door.

“Hyung,” Tao quietly asked. “Are you okay in there?!”

“Ugh, stop knocking so loudly…” Baekhyun groaned weakly and threw up once again.

“I’m coming in…” Tao entered the bathroom and saw his brother with his hands holding on to the porcelain toilet bowl.

“What time is it?” Baekhyun said weakly when he held his head up.

“It’s past seven…” Tao answered with an uncertain look on his face.

“WHAT?!” Baekhyun screamed making his head hurt, but he ran to his bedroom nevertheless while Tao followed suit.

“Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!” Baekhyun was panicking and was frantically moving around his room.

“Hyung, calm down!” Tao stared at his hyung. “What are you looking for?”

“My phone!” Baekhyun was throwing his things around.

“Hyung,” Tao said quite loudly to get Baekhyun’s attention. “Calm down, okay?! Kris-hyung gave it to me last night, I was charging it downstairs.”

Baekhyun stopped. “What?! Oh no! Did someone call?!”

“Yes.” Tao answered. “Kris-hyung gave you and Yixing-hyung the weekend off.”

“That’s all?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

Tao thought about it for a second. “Oh, he said he wants to meet you later at 6pm.”

“Oh… Okay, thanks...” Baekhyun nodded, and the pain in his head returned. “Ugh… What happened to me last night?”

Tai shrugged. “I don’t know… Kris-hyung was the one who brought you home. Why, don’t you remember anything?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “My head hurts.”

“Baekhyun-hyung, just rest, okay?” Tao said. “I’m gonna bring you breakfast.”

“Fine.” Baekhyun lay down on his bed.

 

 

Kyungsoo stared down at Jongin’s perfect sleeping face. He woke up early, because he did not sleep well last night. He replayed everything that happened in the party. Everything seemed surreal for him. Kyungsoo wondered how he suddenly became so close with the guy he had admired from afar all these years. He breathed out a sigh as he continued to watch Jongin sleep peacefully.

“Stop staring at me.” Jongin suddenly muttered which caught Kyungsoo off guard.

“What the…?” Kyungsoo gasped. “You almost gave me a heart attack!”

Jongin opened his eyes lazily. “Well, you’re being creepy…”

“I’m not!” Kyungsoo stood up and turned away, his face was blushing furiously.

Jongin sat up with his eyes half opened and yawned loudly. He looked around his room and noticed the sunlight entering in his windows.

“It’s morning already?”

“Yes.” Kyungsoo snapped at him. “What do you expect?”

“What the hell?” Jongin frowned at the sulking Kyungsoo. “Are you mad because I said you were creepy?”

“No.” Kyungsoo answered rather quickly. Honestly, he was too embarrassed that we was caught “staring”.

“Oh, come on.” Jongin chuckled. “I was kidding.”

When Kyungsoo did not budge, Jongin walked up to him and made puppy dog eyes at him. Kyungsoo looked at him. He tried to conceal his laughter, but in the end, he gave in. Jongin was finally satisfied and smiled back.

“I’m hungry.” Jongin said. “I smell food downstairs. Let’s eat breakfast.”

Kyungsoo nodded as the two of them got up and walked out of the room. As they walked downstairs, Jongin eyed at Kyungsoo who was walking in front of him. He can’t help but be curious, because for the first time in years he did not have a nightmare.

 

 

“Baekhyun-hyung?” Tao said as he enters his brother’s room. “Are you awake?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun said groggily as he sat up.

“I brought you breakfast.” Tao handed Baekhyun the tray and sat beside the bed. “How do you feel, hyung?”

“I’m alright, Tao.” Baekhyun smiled to his little brother. “Thanks.”

“Knock, knock.” A voice was heard from the door.

“Sehun-hyung!” Tao called.

“Sehun?” Baekhyun asked. “What are you doing here?”

“What I can’t visit my best friend?” Sehun said.

“I guess I’ll head down.” Tao excused himself. “Jongin might eat all the food I cooked. I haven’t eaten yet.” He left.

Sehun observed Baekhyun as his best friend starts eating.

“You look like crap.”

Baekhyun looked up at him. “Do I really?”

“Yes.” Sehun answered. “What happened to you last night?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Father.”

“What?” Sehun asked.

“Father went to the party last night.” Baekhyun answered.

“Oh.” Sehun finally understood. “How did you ended up looking like that?”

“I don’t remember.” Baekhyun shook his head.

“That’s new.” Sehun chuckled.

“What about you?” Baekhyun eyed Sehun. “What happened to you? I didn’t see you much last night.”

Sehun looked at him uncomfortably. “Yeah, about that. That’s why I needed to talk to you.”

Baekhyun’s eyed widened. “Okay, tell me. Now.”

“I have a boyfriend.” Sehun answered hesitantly.

Baekhyun nearly choked on his food. “YOU HAVE A WHAT?!”

“I know. I know.” Sehun scratched his head.

“Oh my goodness, Sehun!” Baekhyun said happily. “I’m so happy for you!”

“Okay, Baekhyun, calm down.” Sehun was smiling.

“But it’s you, Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun said. “How did it happen?”

“Oh it’s just for a bet.” Sehun answered nonchalantly.

“A bet?!” Baekhyun looked at him disapprovingly. “That doesn’t sound good.”

Sehun shrugged. “I don’t know. It sounds fun.”

Baekhyun shook his head. “I’m not so sure, Sehun.”

“What?” Sehun answered defensively. “I mean, I won’t lose anything. There’s not any money involved, if you’re thinking that.”

“Sehun,” Baekhyun is still not convinced. “It might not end well.”

 

 

“Jongin!” Tao gaped at his little brother when he came down the kitchen. “Did you eat all the food?!”

“I didn’t!” Jongin looked up at his brother innocently. “I swear!”

Tao picked up the empty plates of food and showed it to Jongin. “Before I went upstairs, this was full!”

“It wasn’t me!” Jongin puffed his cheeks.

“Oh, then who ate it, Kyungsoo?!” Kyungsoo meanwhile choked on his orange juice, while Jongin looked at him guiltily.

“Fine,” Jongin hung his head. “It was me. But hyung, I’m a growing boy! I need my balanced diet!”

“You’re just a year younger than me.” Tao scowled. “How could you even blame this on Kyungsoo, right?” He turned to face his brother’s friend.

“Hyung, you never take my side.” Jongin pouted and crossed his arms.

Kyungsoo tried to contain his laugh but he could not. Jongin glared at him, as Tao laughed with Kyungsoo.

“Why are you laughing, Kyungsoo?!” Jongin asked angrily.

“Jongin, you’re really different here at home.” Kyungsoo said when he calmed down.

“He is, isn’t he?” Tao nodded in agreement. “But who do you like better, Jongin at school or Jongin at home?”

But before Kyungsoo could answer, Jongin interfered. “Hyung, stop asking weird questions!”

“I’m just kidding!” Tao put his hands up in defense. “I’m sorry, Kyungsoo.”

“I… It’s okay.” Kyungsoo stammered. He was blushing furiously. “I think I’ll go home now.” He stood up and got ready to leave.

“I thought you’re gonna tutor me!” Jongin scrambled onto his feet.

“I’ll just return later.” Kyungsoo said. “Thanks for the meal, Tao-hyung.”

“Wait,” Tao approached Kyungsoo. “I’ll walk you downstairs. I need to talk to you about something.”

“I’m going too!” Jongin suddenly shouted.

“No, you’re not.” Tao looked warningly at his brother. “You’re cooking me breakfast, and make sure that when I come in that door later, I’ll have a plateful of food.”

Jongin watched as his Tao-hyung escorted a very flustered Kyungsoo out of their apartment. He was sulking as he proceeded to make breakfast for his big brother. He just finished cooking when he heard Tao entered the kitchen. Jongin immediately gave his brother a death glare.

“Seriously,” Tao smiled knowingly as he started eating. “You’re gonna stare at me while I eat? I taught you that ‘you’re dead to me’ stare.”

Jongin scowled. “What did you ask Kyungsoo, hyung?”

Tao’s smiled widened. “It’s a secret.”

“Hyung, I’m serious!” Jongin wailed. “Why is it important that you go with him alone?

“It’s none of your business.” Tao went on.

“What did you do to him, hyung?” Jongin’s eyes widened.

“Nothing.” Tao answered.

“I don’t believe you.” Jongin persisted.

“Omo,” Tao teased. “Is it just me or is our little Jongin jealous?”

“I’m not!” Jongin stomped his feet. “I’m not! I’m not! You’re annoying, hyung.”

Tao swallowed his remaining food before talking. “Listen, I need to go somewhere today. Oh and by the way, Jongin if you really want something, you know what to do rather than just standing there interrogating me.”

Tao and Jongin stared at one another for a couple of minutes, when Jongin suddenly walked out of the kitchen. Tao smiled contentedly as he heard the front door of their apartment closed.

“Where is Jongin going?” Tao turned around to see Baekhyun and Sehun standing behind him.

“Oh, nothing, hyung.” Tao smiled to them mysteriously. “It’s for school.”

“This early?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Yes.” Tao nodded innocently. “I heard it’s for chemistry or something…?”

“Oh, okay.” Baekhyun said.

“Guys,” Sehun said. “I’ll go now. See you later, Baek.” And he left.

Tai stood up as well. “I need to go somewhere too, hyung.”

Baekhyun put his chin on his hand. “Everyone’s out. I can’t stay home and do nothing the whole day. I’ll get bored to death. I need to get out.” He told himself.

 

 

“Joonmyun-ah!” Chanyeol shouted as he was out of breath from all the running he did. “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?”

“Don’t blame this on me, Park Chanyeol.” Joonmyun said. “I tried waking you up multiple times, and all you said was ‘Five minutes more…’”

“That does sound like me.” Chanyeol nodded.

“It does.” Joonmyun smiled. “And you’re late, so you better put your uniform on or else you’ll get a scolding from the manager again. There are a lot of tables to serve today!” He threw his friend an apron.

“How do you manage to smile like that, Joonmyun-ah?” Chanyeol could only shake his head.

“Just think positive.” Joonmyun answered.

“How are you, anyway?” Chanyeol asked as he started changing his clothes.

“I’m okay.” Joonmyun turned away.

“You know sometimes, I wish you could be more honest with me.” Chanyeol said. “I heard you crying last night.”

“I’m sorry, Yeol.” Joonmyun said quietly.

“I know you are.” Chanyeol patted Joonmyun’s shoulders. “I get it if you’re still not ready to talk about you and that Yixing guy, but just tell me let me know if you’re okay or not. I’m fine with that.”

“Thanks,” Joonmyun said and smiled. “I appreciate it. Now come on, let’s go and wait those tables!”

“Can’t wait.” Chanyeol muttered sarcastically under his breath.

 

 

Kyungsoo was almost skipping on his way home from the bus. He cannot contain his feelings as he smiled to himself. When he saw his house, he can’t help but to run towards it.

“Appa, I’m home!!!” He shouted cheerfully as he entered.

“Ah, Kyungsoo,” his father greeted him heartily. “You’re finally here! You have someone waiting for you!”

Kyungsoo’s eye widened as he followed his father inside. “Waiting for me? I didn’t expect anyone…” He was stopped on his tracks as he saw the person sitting on their living room.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Kyungsoo shouted.

“Yo!” Jongin chimed as he chewed a mouthful of bread.

“How did you get in here so fast?” Kyungsoo cannot believe it. “More importantly, how did you know where I live?!”

“Kyungsoo, be nice to Jongin.” His father came in with a tray full of bread. “He told me, that you would tutor him today.”

“Yes, but…” Kyungsoo’s trail of words was lost as he watched Jongin devour the new bread served to him.

“Appa’s baking is the best!” Jongin shouted happily.

“Appa?!!” Kyungsoo gasped. “How did this happen?”

“You’re friend really likes bread, doesn’t he?” His father looked at his son happily.

“Yah, how could you still eat?!” Kyungsoo gasped. “You already ate!”

“Son, just let him eat all he want.” His father laughed. “You’re too uptight.”

“Fine.” Kyungsoo surrendered and sat beside Jongin.

“I still have another batch to bake,” Kyungsoo’s father said. “Do you still want some, Jongin?”

“Yes, Appa!” Jongin nodded his head enthusiastically as he watched Kyungsoo’s dad go to the kitchen.

After a few seconds of silence, Kyungsoo looked at Jongin. “Explain yourself.”

“What do I have to explain?” Jongin said. “I’m just here to save you the trouble of going back and forth to our house.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed. “Okay?”

“Besides,” Jongin continued. “If I hadn’t gone here, I wouldn’t have tasted Appa’s bread!”

“It’s so weird that you’re calling him Appa.” Kyungsoo pouted.

“What?” Jongin asked. “I want to call him Appa.”

“Aish, such a brat…” Kyungsoo whispered.

“And now you have to tutor me.” Jongin smiled.

“Fine.” Kyungsoo sighed exasperatedly.

Jongin stood up.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Kyungsoo asked.

“You’re tutoring me right?” Jongin looked at him confusedly. “We’re going to your room.”

 

 

 Baekhyun slowed down his car as he saw a familiar café comes into his view. After parking, he immediately got out of his car as soon as he parked it. He was still feeling a bit woozy from his hangover. As he entered the café, he was greeted by a cheerful voice.

“Good morning, sir” the waiter said. “Table for one?”

“Yes please.” Baekhyun answered when he noticed the waiter. “Hey, you’re the one from last night!”

Joonmyun looked at him in surprise and nodded.

“How was your hand?” Baekhyun looked worried and reached for Joonmyun’s hand.

“It’s okay now, thanks.” Joonmyun answered as he led Baekhyun to a table.

“Are you sure?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes,” Joonmyun answered. “Thank you, sir.”

Baekhyun shook his finger. “Don’t call me sir. I’m Baekhyun.” He held out his hand.

“Joonmyun.” Joonmyun shook Baekhyun’s hand. “What do you want to order, sir?”

“What did I tell you?” Baekhyun smiled.

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun.” Joonmyun smiled. “What do you want to order?”

“Just a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin, thanks.” Baekhyun returned the smile.

Baekhyun stayed in the café for hours checking Yixing’s schedules and organizing the meetings. Sometimes, he would talk to Joonmyun. This is how Baekhyun calms himself down. Through the years he ever learned how to stay still or else he’ll go crazy. And sure enough, time went by so fast. It was almost lunch time when he asked Joonmyun for the bill.

“Thank you, Joonmyun.” Baekhyun said. “I’ll see you soon!”

“Baekhyun, why are you so nice to me?” Joonmyun asked.

“You’re Yixing’s friend, right?” Baekhyun replied with a smile. “Any friend of Yixing is a good person.”

Baekhyun went out of the café. He was on his way to his car when he was pulled away by someone.

“What the…!” Baekhyun gasped as he felt the tight hold on his arm. “Where are you taking me?!” Baekhyun felt afraid as the person pulling him did not answer. He was dragged around by the stranger until the person let him go when they reached the restaurant’s back alley.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Chanyeol shouted at Baekhyun.

“Who are you?!” Baekhyun shouted back.

Chanyeol gaped at Baekhyun. So he didn’t remember last night? “What are doing talking to Joonmyun?!”

“Why is it a crime now?!” Baekhyun snapped back.

“Stay away from Joonmyun.” Chanyeol warned.

“You’re not the boss of me!” Baekhyun hissed.

“You’re going to hurt him.” Chanyeol said.

“I’m not gonna hurt him, random person!” Baekhyun said angrily and walked out.

Chanyeol watched at Baekhyun walking away. “You better make sure of that.”

 

 

Tao strolled around the amusement park alone. If Kyungsoo is right, Minseok would be here somewhere. He was getting frustrated. He’s been searching for hours, and all the squealing girls are not really a huge help on his search. Tao was ready to give up when he saw a huge hamburger mascot. He immediately smiled as he ran over to it. The second the hamburger noticed Tao; he immediately walked the opposite direction. However, Tao was too fast for him and caught him immediately. After a couple of minutes of struggle, the two finally stopped wrestling and let go of each other.

“Seriously…” Tao panted barely containing his laughter. “A hamburger mascot?”

Minseok opened the gap in his costume. “How the hell did you know I was here?!”

“I have my sources.” Tao said.

“Why are you here?” Minseok asked.

“I’m here to give you something.” Tao got Minseok’s phone from his pocket.

“My phone!” Minseok went over to reach it, but Tao put it back in his pocket.

“Not so fast…” Tao said. “Spend the whole afternoon with me and I’ll give it back to you.”

“Are you serious?” Minseok gasped. “Can’t you see I’m working here?!”

“You were working last night as well.” Tao said defensively. “But we spend the night together.”

Minseok nearly choked from what he heard. “Did you just hear what you just said?”

“I didn’t mean anything by that.” Tao laughed. “You were the one thinking dirty thoughts about me.”

“Honestly,” Minseok sighed. “Why do you keep doing this to me? Am I some sort of entertainment to you?”

“No,” Tao was shocked. “Why would you ever think of that?”

“I don’t know.” Minseok can’t help it. Tears are already obvious in his eyes. “Is this your way of bullying me? What did I ever do to you? Just tell me and I’ll make it right.”

“What are you saying?” Tao was starting to panic. He never expected Minseok to cry. “It’s nothing like that.”

“Then why do you keep harassing me?” Minseok sobbed. “I did not even know you till yesterday!”

Tao reached over and wiped the tears on Minseok’s cheeks. “Don’t cry, okay? You’re thinking too much. I just like spending time with you.”

“With me?” Minseok said in between his sniffs. “I’m not that interesting.”

“You’re underestimating yourself way too much.” Tao smiled. “Stop crying, please? Nobody wants to see a hamburger crying.”

Minseok let out a sound between a sniff and a laugh. “Okay, I’ll stop now.” He rubbed his eyes with his arms. Tao laughed as he saw Minseok’s red and puffy eyes.

“You’re cute you know?” Tao pinched Minseok’s cheeks. “I’m sorry for making you cry.”

“Why me?” Minseok asked trying to hide his blushing cheeks.

“I don’t exactly know.” Tao shrugged his shoulders. “I think I want to be friends with you.”

“Friends?” Minseok repeated. “You want to be friends with me?”

“Yeah,” Tao answered. “If it’s okay with you.”

Minseok nodded and smiled. “But I really can’t play hooky today.”

Tao shook his head. “No, it’s okay. I’m okay if I just stand here beside you the whole afternoon.”

“You’ll get bored.” Minseok said.

“I’m pretty sure I won’t.” Tao assured him, and he went and reached for his phone in his pocket.

“What are you doing?”Minseok asked as he watched Tao.

“Nothing, I’m just gonna take a picture of me and my hamburger.”

 

 

Baekhyun was still fuming with anger as he went inside the company. He could not believe that happened. How dare some stranger tell him what to do and who to be friends with? And how dare he assume that he’s gonna hurt Joonmyun? Baekhyun shook his head furiously as he tried to forget the previous events. He was too absorbed with his thoughts that he collided in to someone.

“Baekhyun-ah!” Yixing gasped as he helped Baekhyun stand up. “Are you okay?”

“Yixing-ah!” Baekhyun said. “I’m so sorry… I’m just having a weird day, and I’m just thinking about some stuff. Are you okay?”

“Well, it seems like I’m better than you.” Yixing chuckled.

“Why are you here?” Baekhyun asked. “Wasn’t today our day off?”

“Oh,” Yixing said. “I was just writing some songs upstairs, and I needed some equipment.”

“I see.” Baekhyun said.

“Aren’t you a bit too early, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun and Yixing turned around to see Kris standing behind them.

“Good afternoon, President.” Baekhyun and Yixing said in unison. However, Yixing avoided looking at Kris.

“What are you doing here, so early?” Kris asked Baekhyun. “You’re supposed to be resting.”

“You know I can’t just seat around at home doing nothing.” Baekhyun answered. “Besides, Tao and Jongin left so I’m all alone there.”

“Okay,” Kris said. “I’ll see you in my office at 6pm.”

“Are you going somewhere?” Baekhyun asked.

“Out.” Kris answered. He nodded to Yixing as he walked away.

“I’m going to my office.” Baekhyun told Yixing. “How about you?”

“I’ll come with you in a bit.” Yixing said as he watched Kris’ back walking away.  He can’t help but to wonder from the President’s reaction if he remembered anything that happened the previous night.

 

 

“You seem happy.” Jongdae said to his friend.

“I’m sorry.” Luhan answered. “Am I that obvious?”

“Yes.” Jongdae rolled his eyes. “What happened to you last night?”

”I don’t want to say.” Luhan said. “I’m here to be a shoulder to cry on.”

“Oh come on, Luhan.” Jongdae said impatiently. “I already told you the story. Besides, I know how much you’ve been restraining yourself from telling me since we saw each other earlier. We never know it might make me happy too.”

“Doubtful, but alright I’ll tell you.” Luhan said barely containing himself. “I have a boyfriend.”

“What?” Jongdae gasped. “Since when?”

“Since last night.” Luhan replied. “I made a bet with him. We’re gonna find out who’s gonna fall in love first.”

Jongdae sighed. “See that part should’ve come up first in this conversation.”

“Jongdae,” Luhan smiled. “It’s nothing, don’t be such a worry wart.”

“I don’t know.” Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows. “Did you sleep with him already?”

“Surprisingly, no.” Luhan answered.

Jongdae raised his eyebrows. “Who’s the guy?”

“His name’s Sehun.” Luhan replied.

“Sehun?!” Jongdae gasped. “As in Oh Sehun?”

“Yup.” Luhan smiled.

“Of all the people you’d choose,” Jongdae shook his head. “It had to be my junior.”

“I didn’t know it was him at first,” Luhan said. “And he’s really; really hot I can’t help it.”

Jongdae facepalmed. “You do know his reputation, don’t you?”

“Of course I know.” Luhan said. “So what do you say?”

Jongdae shrugged his shoulders. “Just if this does not end well, I’ll be your shoulder to cry on.”

Luhan looked outside when he saw someone familiar passing by the restaurant.

“OH. HELL. NO.” He shouted and suddenly left.

 

 

Jongdae exited the restaurant alone. As he was walking towards the parking lot, he saw a familiar figure in front of him.

“Jongdae…”

“Kris?” Jongdae did not know how to react. “What are you doing here?”

“I heard about what’s gonna happen tonight.” Kris replied.

“I guess I’m not surprised you heard about it already.” Jongdae said.

“So you’re gonna go through with it?” Kris asked hardly having giving away any emotions on his face right now.

Jongdae started walking away, but Kris grabbed his hand and pulled him close. “What are you doing here, Kris?”

“I don’t know.” Kris whispered.

“What are you doing here, Kris?” Jongdae repeated his question.

No answer.

“Just tell me to turn down the offer from the other company, and I’ll do it.” Jongdae said.

Kris suddenly let go of Jongdae’s hand. “I think you should go now.”

“Are you sure?” Jongdae asked. His heart was breaking.

“Yes.”

“Okay.” Jongdae let out a sniff as he tried his best not to cry at this moment. “I guess this is why it did not work the first time. You still do not know what to say.”

 

 

Luhan was walking furiously down the street. He cannot believe that he just saw Sehun with some random girl right now. How dare that walk beside my man? Oh she is so gonna get it. He followed the “happy” couple to an expensive restaurant. Luhan made sure he was sitting in the table where he’s facing Sehun. He caught a glimpse of the girl as they sat down. Oh please, I’m waaaaay prettier than that. He decided to strain his ears to listen to the conversation at the other table as he hid his face behind the menu.

 

(Conversation in Luhan’s point of view; Luhan’s reaction in italics^^)

Hot Sehun: So I heard you just arrived from England? (Oh the is from England. Is that so interesting, Oh Sehun?)

: Yes. I just graduated from an Arts school there. (Rich kid no doubt)

Hot Sehun: Is it beautiful there? (Look at me if you want to beautiful.)

: Yes! There are so many beautiful places to go to! I can bring you there if you want! (Too obvious, . Too obvious.)

Hot Sehun: I’m sure you can. (Really rich, he’s flirting back!)

: How about you, tell me about yourself. (Hi I’m Sehun. I’m rich and hot. Oh btw, I have a boyfriend, his name is Luhan.)

Hot Sehun: Oh, you don’t have to know anything about me, you’ll just get bored. (What a flirt!)

: Oh, I’m sure you’re interesting in so many ways. (Oh no you didn’t!!!)

Hot Sehun: You flatter me too much. (Yes she does.)

: But… But you’re really good looking, Sehun-ssi. (We ALL know that and I’m pretty sure he knows that.)

Hot Sehun: Am I really? (FLIRT. FLIRT. FLIRT.)

: Yes! Is it too forward? (YES.)

Hot Sehun: No, no! It’s fine. You know what’s forward? *Sehun slowly brought his face closer to the girl* (ASDFGFHJKL!!!!)

:  W…What? ( JUST GOT WAY TO REAL!)

Hot Sehun: I’m sorry, but I don’t like you, and I have to go. My boyfriend’s getting really jealous right now and I don’t want to see him having wrinkles on his pretty face. Oh, and don’t worry about the bill. I took care of it.

 

Sehun suddenly stood up from his seat. The girl had hanging open. Sehun then proceeded to Luhan’s table and pulled him outside. Luhan, who also has his mouth hanging open, followed his boyfriend until they reached Sehun’s car. Sehun then let’s go of Luhan and pushed him against the car door.

“You’re just too cute.” Sehun put his hand on Luhan’s cheek.

“What are you doing flirting with other girls?” Luhan pouted.

“It’s just a marriage meeting.” Sehun said. “Just something I do for my dad.”

“Like a charity work or something?” Luhan asked.

“If you want to put it that way.” Sehun chuckled. “Besides, I was just about to turn her down when I noticed you following us”

“What?!” Luhan gasped. “You saw me?”

Sehun smiled. “Since you got out of that other restaurant, I know you’re there.”

“How?” Luhan sulked.

“Well,” Sehun his boyfriend’s cheek. “It’s hard not to see someone as pretty as you.”

“You’re so cheesy.” Luhan hit Sehun’s chest lightly.

“But you like it, don’t you?” Sehun said.

“No I don’t.” Luhan said. “And I don’t like you purposely making me jealous.”

He crossed his arms and turned away from Sehun. Sehun laughed and put his arms around Luhan’s waist and rested his chin on Luhan’s shoulder.

“You might now believe this,” he whispered so only Luhan would hear. “But one day, you’re going to give me a heart attack, Luhan.”

 

 

At exactly 6pm, Baekhyun entered Kris’ office. He saw the president drinking his scotch and watching TV.

“President?” Baekhyun asked. “What’s happening?”

“I didn’t tell him to say no, Baekhyun.” Kris said as he gestured his cousin to sit down and watch the television.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun’s eyes wandered around first until he saw the headlines on the television, and he let out a gasp.

“I had the chance earlier to tell him to say no, Baekhyun.” Kris said.

“Well,” Baekhyun asked. “Why didn’t you?”

“This was his dream,” Kris replied. “I can’t rob him of this. I’ll just drag him down once more if I wanted him by my side.”

Baekhyun was speechless. Even though he knows it was bound to happen soon, he cannot believe it happened faster than he thought. He looked thoughtfully at his suffering cousin, but all he could do was to console him. Baekhyun at the news headlines for one last time:

AFTER THREE YEARS OF HIATUS: NATIONAL IDOL CHEN IS MAKING A COMEBACK!

With that, Baekhyun reached for the remote control and turned the television off.

 


 

Thank you for all the subs and comments! I really appreciate them! Gonna go get some sleep right now. And I promise there'll be more Baekyeol in the next Chappie. I know they're development's really slow. But please be patient. ^^

As always... Thanks for reading!