Chapter Twenty-Eight

Unwritten

 

Four years ago, it was the first day of freshman year for Kyungsoo. He had taken his seat in the front row, his backpack loaded with unused school supplies sitting on top of his temporary desk. Behind him, the rowdy people he would have to sit with sixteen hours a day from now on continued to screech like wild hyenas.

Kyungsoo couldn’t understand why. This was high school; there was no more time to play around.

Eventually, people began to settle down and take their seats, the last person plopping down right as the first period teacher strolled in. She looked about in her thirty’s, and had a warm smile on her face. Kyungsoo glanced at Chanyeol, who had sat behind him, receiving a nod of approval. She looked friendly.

“Good morning, class. I will be your Language Arts teacher, Ms. Choi. This class is basically writing class, to help you get better. Now, I must ask, are any of you fairly well off in writing?”

Kyungsoo shrunk in his seat, knowing that Chanyeol, like the loud mouth nut job he was, was bound to speak of him being published already. A couple of the smarter kids raised their hands, making Ms. Choi grin. “Good. That means the rest of you, though, will have to work at it.”

“Kyungsoo’s published!” Aish, Chanyeol.

Ms. Choi gasped. “Really? What a great accomplishment! How long ago?”

“A month or two,” Kyungsoo squeaked, feeling the rest of the class’s eyes boring into the back of his blazer. Ms. Choi congratulated him before continuing on with the rest of the class. She moved people around, though Kyungsoo and Chanyeol stayed close to each other, and they were told to write about a time where they felt accomplished.

Kyungsoo wasn’t sure how, but those constant journal entries and writing practices really helped get him going on his career as a writer. He probably could owe all of his success to Ms. Choi to this day; she helped him continue and get more publishes. She never knew it was him, though.

And hiding them from her was the worst part.

On the last day of freshman year, Ms. Choi gave Kyungsoo a warm hug and promised that she would look for his name in the future.

She has yet to discover anything under Do Kyungsoo.

But she soon would.

~*~

“I’m going to come out that I’m D.O.”

Jongin’s head quickly snapped to face Kyungsoo’s, mouth agape. “Really? Why would you do that?”

“Think about it. It’s my last book, if this all goes right. Why shouldn’t the world know that a twenty year old has been the writer of six bestselling books?” Kyungsoo reasoned, his fingers that had intertwined with Jongin’s brushing on his knuckles.

The younger’s head shrugged. “Yeah, you’re right.”

“I’m sure Yunho hyung can get some people to organize a press conference. Let them meet me, ask me any questions they need to. Sound like a bad idea to you yet?” Kyungsoo asked, lightly resting his head on the strong shoulder of Jongin.

“No, not at all. I think it’s a great idea, really. Just be careful, though. Some people will remember who you were before your debut when you join a group and start performing.”

“It’s a jump start to fame. What’s so wrong with that?”

“It might cause problems if SM gets annoyed with your double life.”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “The possibilities don’t bother me. I’ll be okay.”

Jongin sighed, pressing his cheek to the top of Kyungsoo’s hair as his high school came into view at the top of the hill they had traveling on for minutes. Jongin sighed heavily. “This is my stop. Are you going to come get me later?”

Nodding, Kyungsoo enveloped the younger in a hug, kissing the tip of his ear. “As always.”

“Good.” They pulled away, and Jongin winked at him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“See you in a few hours.”

“That you will.”

The two departed, and Kyungsoo, still a little asleep, straightened out his wrinkled denim jeans and thought to himself. What could a published young author that’s out of school be doing at 7:30 in the morning?

He could either go tell his company of his plans, or go back to sleep.

Kyungsoo let out a yawn he didn’t know he had in him.

Back to sleep sounded good.

~*~

When Kyungsoo was finally fully awake, his mail had already arrived. Most of it was from his publisher, stating that his book had gone to the market this morning and was getting copied to be released at book stores and libraries. This made Kyungsoo smile, but nothing made him grin more than the one from his bank.

Inside the envelope sat a check for billions of won.

He couldn’t be more excited. The money was the best part of the deal, after all. It reminded you why you even write it in the first place. You didn’t have to worry about fans or press conferences when you write under an anonymous name, so the money was the name of the game.

After a trip to the bank to cash in his money and a few hours of downtime, Kyungsoo pulled in to the parking lot of Jongin’s school a little past six. Jongin immediately located him, whipping off his tie and blazer, as well as ing his dress shirt. He climbed into the passenger seat and welcomed Kyungsoo with a kiss. “Hi, baby.”

“Hey. How was school?” he asked innocently, igniting the engine of his small car as Jongin buckled himself and threw his things in the backseat.

“Okay, I guess. My Science teacher was really hard on us today, but that was just one period.”

“It’s his job to be hard on you,” Kyungsoo teased. “He’s a teacher, after all.”

Jongin shrugged. Then he came to a realization. “We have classes tomorrow at SM… aish, I have tons of homework. Could you help me get some of it done?” he pleaded, quietly, a pout on his beautiful face. Kyungsoo could never resist that.

“You’re going to ask a guy not even in school?”

“You got farther than I ever will,” Jongin reminded him. “Please?”

“Ugh, fine, I’ll take the English part. That was my favorite subject my senior year.”

“That’s actually the one with the most paper in it, so thank you for volunteering,” Jongin teased, making Kyungsoo groan and throw his head against the back of the seat. Jongin laughed, a big smile on his face. The two continued to talk and tease each other until Joonmyun’s townhouse came into view.

Kyungsoo parked at the curb, like he usually did, and got out of the car, letting Jongin get his things from the backseat before locking it with his keys. In his head, he tried to remember everything he learned in his English class just a year ago.

He was sure to struggle, but he had a lot of it down.

After a brief greeting and bow to Joonmyun, who was sitting cross-legged by the fire on the floor, a laptop on his thighs. He smiled at them and bowed from the neck to Kyungsoo as the duo made their way up the stairs.

Jongin’s house was nothing short of familiar to Kyungsoo at that point; he had been in every room at some point, and the same went for Jongin to his own apartment. So he all but fell on the bed, sprawling out and sighing. “My day was so boring.”

“That’s because I wasn’t there,” Jongin teased, seeing a little slit of skin between Kyungsoo’s shirt and pants and bending down to kiss it. His lips were warm on the older’s milky white skin, making him feebly shudder. Jongin gave him a wink before removing his uniform and getting into more comfortable clothing: a t-shirt and basketball shorts.

“While other students are at hagwon, I just get what I need to done because I’m not going to college,” Jongin mused happily, ping his backpack and pulling out folders full of papers. Kyungsoo remembered hagwon; it was a cram school that went until almost midnight, but it helped his grades skyrocket.

“That’s right. Because you’re going to be an idol, and idols have no time for college.”

Jongin nodded before tossing a particularly thick folder right on Kyungsoo’s stomach, making him groan and pick it off of his chest. “Ow,” he mumbled with a pout. “What the hell is in this thing?”

“All my English notes and papers. The first packet in the left pocket is the one for homework.”

Obeying his directions, Kyungsoo pulled out the packet, lots of words printed all around, and all of them in English. There were about six pages, but Kyungsoo had always been the best at learning English, so the assignment was a breeze, even though he was a bit rusty.

Jongin sat at his desk, tapping his forehead with his pen furiously, looking like it hurt to think about what he was working on. “I’m done,” Kyungsoo blurted out, sticking the assignment back in its folder. Jongin smiled at him, but he looked less than happy.

Kyungsoo stood up, walking over to Jongin’s slump and rubbing his shoulders. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t get this Science paper.”

“Maybe I can do it for you. Work on something else that you understand better.”

“Thank you.”

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo smirked as he stole the paper and resumed his position on the bed. It took about an hour of the two working non-stop, but, finally, all of the papers were done and everything was put back to where it was before. Jongin pulled Kyungsoo’s lips in for a deep kiss, snaking his arms around the older’s waist and holding him firmly.

“Thank you,” he whispered when he pulled away, his pupils boring into Kyungsoo’s, a sincere, small smile gracing his beautiful face. Kyungsoo nodded and pecked his lips again before they pulled away. It was only eight, but when he had helped Jongin out with his homework on some days, when he was done, he had to go.

Jongin grabbed his hand as they stalked down the stairs. When they got to the bottom, Kyungsoo walked over to Joonmyun to say goodbye, only to notice that he was completely frozen.

His mouth was agape, his hand halfway through his thick, brown locks, and the other hand held his cell phone up to his ear. He looked to be in sheer distress, and he finally choked out, “Thank you for telling me,” before hanging up.

Jongin’s eyebrows furrowed. “Yah, you look like a ghost just ripped your s off.”

Still absentminded, Joonmyun looked up to stare Jongin dead in the eyes. “This isn’t funny, Jongin. I don’t think you’ll ever realize what just happened.”

Kyungsoo’s lover’s tone immediately went downhill, his eyes softening and his hand losing its grip on the older’s. “What’s going on?”

“Jongin, I don’t think you’re going to be prepared for it.”

“Please just tell me what happened.” Jongin was pleading now.

Kyungsoo watched with wide eyes as Joonmyun’s lips parted to speak.

“Jongin… Sehun got into a car accident.”

Jongin, however, didn’t look very phased. “Okay, then take me and Kyungsoo to the hospital so we can go see him!” he cried. “That’s not bad news as long as he’ll heal.”

“He’s not going to heal.”

Jongin’s face turned angry. “Why not?”

“Because… Jongin, your best friend is dead.”

~*~

Did I catch you guys off guard there? :3

Dun.. dun...... DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :D

Anyway, yes, there is only one more chapter until we move on to Unspoken, the sequel to this story. I will have the foreword to Unspoken up a few minutes before the final chapter goes up so you guys can go find it and subscribe without missing a beat. Doesn't mean I'll immediately post, though. I'll need a little break from writing, ya know?

Welp, I have a tub of ice cream calling my name.

Please comment~ Thanks!

Love y'all! <3