Chapter Sixteen

Unwritten

“I’m not distracting, am I?”

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Of course you are. But I like you here, don’t move.”

Kai hummed in response, relaxing the arms around Kyungsoo’s stomach a little bit. Kyungsoo’s eyes were glued to the textbook on his lap as Kai kissed at different areas of Kyungsoo’s head and neck. He wasn’t letting it get to him; the college exams were tomorrow.

He was so going to pass.

They were sitting on Kyungsoo’s bed, leaning against the poster-littered walls. The computer was up on a radio station playing softly. Kai sighed. “You should probably take a break. We’ve been at this for two hours,” he observed, checking the clock.

Kyungsoo scoffed. “We’ve been at this? You mean I’ve been studying like a crazed person and you’ve been kissing my neck for three hours?”

Kai stuck his tongue out. “Whatever.”

Going back to staring at his book, Kyungsoo tried to focus, but couldn’t due to the lure of a promised break. Finally, he gave in, shutting the book. “What kind of a break did you have in mind?”

Kai shrugged.

~*~

“I bet I can hit that rock in the water with this rock.”

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. “I doubt it.”

Kai smirked and ran up a couple steps, catapulting his arm and overshooting by a couple feet. Kyungsoo smiled, turning the rock in his hand, feeling its rough texture. “Told you.”

“Yah. I want to see you try,” Kai teased, standing back and letting Kyungsoo go. He ran and threw it, only for it to land pathetically a few feet in front of it. He frowned just as next to him, Kai threw another, knicking the very top of the rock.

“It’s only because you’re stronger,” Kyungsoo complained.

Kai smirked. “Yeah. That’s it.”

When they ran out of on-surface rocks to throw, they took off their shoes and dipped their feet into the water of the freezing lake. Their feet looked like they had just broken through glass due to how clear it was. It was absolutely beautiful.

Kai spoke first, breaking the comfortable silence. “You want to know something?”

Kyungsoo moaned as he stretched out on the grass. “Depends.”

“It’s a good thing.”

“Okay, what?”

“I love you.” He had a cheesy smile on his face.

“If you loved me, you would kiss me on the lips right now.”

Kai smirked and leaned down, letting his lips connect with Kyungsoo’s until he pulled away. “Convinced yet?” he chuckled, leaning on his elbows.

Kyungsoo nodded. When they heard steps behind them, both of the boys turned around, finding a couple with a cooler. “Yah!” Kai yelled, making them stop. “What do you have in that cooler?”

They looked confused, but the guy answered. “Just some soju.”

“Mind sparing a bottle?” Kai asked, a cocky grin on his face.

The guy shrugged, taking a bottle from the cooler and handing it to Kai. He thanked him, but the guy squinted. “Wait, are you boys old enough to be drinking?”

Kai looked at Kyungsoo. “He is. I was just getting it for him.”

The guy looked pleased enough. “Okay. You boys have a good day.”

“You too,” Kyungsoo called, and when he was out of earshot, he glared at Kai. “Just getting it for me my .”

“We’re sharing it, stupid.” Kai popped the top and took a long drink, handing it to Kyungsoo. He took a drink as well, until he remembered what he had tomorrow.

“Kai, I shouldn’t be doing this. My exams are tomorrow.”

“Relax, baby. I’ll help you get rid of the hangover. You’ve only been getting three hours of sleep lately and you need to relax,” Kai assured him. “You’ve studied way more than I have, and I passed, right?”

“That’s true…” Kyungsoo sighed and pursed his lips, deciding what he should do, before taking another drink.

Kai grinned.

~*~

“Okay, if you fall asleep again, you’re getting slapped in the face.”

“This was your stupid idea,” Kyungsoo groaned, his head lolling on the headrest of the passenger seat. Kai didn’t have school because of the university tests, so he had spent the entire morning trying to snap Kyungsoo out of his state. It wasn’t working.

“No one said you had to drink more after we finished the bottle,” Kai reminded him.

“Shut up and keep driving,” Kyungsoo sighed, trying to stop falling asleep. He had gotten past the vomiting and the headache, but now his sleep deprivation was catching up to him.

It was silent as Kyungsoo went through some material in his head, trying to shake away the sleepiness and everything that came with it. When they got to the university, people were piling in. Kai stopped the car. “Do good, okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded, rubbing his eyes. “I’ll try.”

They pressed their lips together before Kyungsoo got out, shutting the door and slinging his backpack over his shoulder. Kai waved at him as he trudged inside, walking across the grass. People looked anxious, while Kyungsoo was just focused on keeping his eyes open.

He wouldn’t let this ruin his exams.

Even though it was all Kai’s fault for letting that guy give him soju.

He saw Baekhyun and he grinned at Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo could only smile back weakly and give him a small “fighting!” fist. Baekhyun gave one back, and they separated to their assigned testing rooms. Kyungsoo was so nervous, fearing that his lack of sleep would affect him.

What was he saying? Of course it would.

As soon as the first test was handed out, Kyungsoo wrote his name on the front and began.

~*~

When the clock hit 6:00, all of the students were released. Kyungsoo, who had taken a nice nap while the other students finished, was still half asleep when he walked out of the building. Luckily, his three friends were nowhere in sight so he didn’t have to socialize.

He just wanted to sleep.

Kyungsoo was terrified, though; he didn’t know the answer to a lot of questions, and he knew that those missed answers would lower his scores significantly. He didn’t care if he got an A or not.

All he wanted was to pass.

When he found Kai’s car parked on the curb, his boyfriend on the phone sitting on the hood, Kyungsoo made his way over to him. Kai put his phone up and wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “How do you think you did, baby?”

“Horrible,” Kyungsoo mumbled, then shoving Kai off of him. “This is all your fault!”

Kai looked shocked. “I let you have half of a bottle. That, at most, would’ve made you giddy. YOU were the one who drank more when you got home! Don’t you even dare blame this on me!”

“I wouldn’t have drunk more if you didn’t tempt me!”

“Whatever! I’ll take the blame if you want. I’m sorry. But I promise you you’ll be fine. You just have to believe me. Come on, you’re exhausted,” Kai sighed, grabbing for Kyungsoo’s hand, who ripped it away.

“No. I’m walking home.”

Kai rolled his eyes. “You’re being ridiculous. The lack of sleep is affecting you.”

“No it isn’t. I’m perfectly fine. Maybe you just need to leave me alone,” Kyungsoo snarled, starting to walk away. He didn’t get far, though, before a hand gripped his arm and pulled him back. Kai’s gaze was hard.

“Get in the car.”

“No.”

“DAMM IT, DO KYUNGSOO, GET IN THE CAR!” Kai screamed, catching the attention of everyone in the area. Kyungsoo, now embarrassed, ripped his arm out of Kai’s grip and got into the passenger seat .

He was out as soon as the engine ignited.

~*~

When Kyungsoo next woke up, he was in his bed, still dressed in the clothes he had taken his test in, and the lights from the living room were on, signaling someone was here. Kyungsoo knew very well who it was, though. Stiff, Kyungsoo struggled to find his phone, checking the time.

11:07 pm.

He had slept for over five hours.

Sitting up, Kyungsoo ran a hand through his hair and got out of his bed. He walked out of his room, his socked feet thudding against the floor. When his living room came into view, Kai was sitting on the couch, once again on his phone.

Kyungsoo scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “Hi…”

Kai looked up, raising an eyebrow. “Here to yell at me some more?”

Realization hit Kyungsoo like a ton of bricks, making his eyes widen. “I’m so sorry, Kai. That wasn’t me.”

Kai nodded, surprisingly calm. “I know. That was you without sleep.” He patted the seat next to him, and Kyungsoo shuffled over, sitting down. Kai sighed, stretching his arm across Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “Feel better?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I’m still kind of tired.”

“Baekhyun tried to call you earlier to see how you did. I told him you were sleeping, I hope you don’t mind,” Kai explained.

Kyungsoo rested his head on Kai’s shoulder, and Kai pressed his cheek on Kyungsoo’s head. “No, I don’t. I just wish you didn’t answer my phone at all,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

Kai shrugged. “Sorry.”

“You should go home,” Kyungsoo realized.

Kai looked at the time and pursed his lips. “Yeah, I should. I’ll call you tomorrow?”

Kyungsoo nodded, and they kissed before Kai slipped on his shoes and left.

Leaning back on his couch, Kyungsoo’s mind continued to go back to the exams, which resulted in two solid words making themselves known in his mind.

I'm screwed.

~*~

I had to make it clean so it wouldn't be rated M. ._.

Wee, an update~

Please comment~