Chapter Twelve

Unwritten

When Monday arrived, it was obvious that some people were still on their party high. Some people were even still kind of hung over. This amused Kyungsoo, due to the professors shouting because of low participation in almost all of his courses.

“What the hell is wrong with all of you? You look like zombies! Get your head off your desk and pay attention!” Kyungsoo’s Music History professor screamed, the third one today. Everyone slowly lifted their heads up and tried to pay attention, but about half of the class resumed their position on the desk.

Suddenly, she threw her meter stick to the ground with a loud clank. “I am so disappointed. Do all of you feel like failing your exams? I’m just trying to help you, and you’re not letting me!”

She paused, but began again. “If you don’t start studying or paying attention, you’ll run out of time. I can already see that most of you won’t be back for your second year of college. Get your acts together.” She picked up her stick and began where she left off.

Kyungsoo continued through his schedule. He was the most awake in every class, besides those that didn’t even go to the party. There was an occasional yawn, but nothing like what was happening to everyone else. They were lifeless as they walked the halls.

Today was the first day of the month full of studying. Kyungsoo had already gotten all of his textbooks organized in his locker; he’d take one home each night. Tonight was English, and he had to remind himself to go back to his locker at the end of the school day.

He got a text that, luckily, no one else heard in his last period. It startled him, but he hid it pretty well. He was in the very back row, thankfully, and the professor stepped out of the room to take a call, letting him crack open his phone and check who on Earth had texted him.

From: Kai <3

They cracking down on you too?

At first, Kyungsoo was confused, but then he figured he meant the studying for exams; high schoolers had to face the month as well. He silenced his phone, since, surely, Kai would reply back after this, and wrote a quick reply, just in case his professor returned.

To: Kai <3

Yeah. Everyone’s messed up from the party, too.

Luckily, when the professor returned, he made the class read out of the textbook while he handled things. Kyungsoo made it look like he was reading, and he would in between replies, but he was mostly texting Kai under the table, the professor completely oblivious.

From: Kai <3

I’m still a little messed up. Thanks for taking care of me, by the way. :)

Kyungsoo grinned.

To: Kai <3

You’re welcome. Just don’t ever do that again. Arraso? ^^

Kyungsoo got a paragraph in before he started up again.

From: Kai <3

Arraso. :P Hey, can you come over after school so we can study together? I can’t focus unless you’re around. :D

Shaking his head, Kyungsoo wrote back.

To: Kai <3

That just makes it worse, I think. :P Sure, I’ll come over once I can get home and get my car.

He got a reply in no time.

From: Kai <3

Cool. I have to go, about to get caught. Saranghae!

Kyungsoo stuck his phone back in his pocket and finished his reading.

~*~

Adjusting the straps on his back with his other hand, Kyungsoo rung the doorbell to Kai’s house, the cold wind blowing what little hair he had on his head around. He was armed with his English textbook and all of his homework assignments for the night.

He had a feeling, though, that he wouldn’t get much done.

When the door was opened, Kai had an absentminded look on his face, dressed out of his uniform, and Henry was fighting to get out of the house and past Kai’s planted bare foot. “Yah, back,” he ordered, but the dog didn’t move at all.

He sighed in defeat, finally looking up at Kyungsoo with a smile. “Hey, you.”

Kyungsoo grinned back, and Kai managed to get Henry away long enough for Kyungsoo to slip inside, taking his shoes off, per usual, and close the door. Henry jumped up and scratched against the bottoms of Kyungsoo’s jeans. He smiled faintly and bent down gently, making sure to keep his balance with the dog.

“Where’s Joonmyun-sshi?” Kyungsoo asked, noticing they were alone in the tiny house.

“Joonmyun? Still in Busan.”

“Oh.”

They walked up the stairs to Kai’s bedroom, opening the door to reveal the dark blue walls once more. Henry had stayed downstairs, transfixed by food, but Kai left the door open just in case. Kai plopped down in his desk chair while Kyungsoo took the bed.

Wordlessly, they began working on their assignments. Every once in a while, Kai would ask for help on how to do something, since Kyungsoo was rather experienced. Soon, both were studying, and the lingering silence continued to claw at both of them.

“You know what, I need music.” Kai scooted over and did something that Kyungsoo couldn’t see. Suddenly, music began blasting through the small speakers on either side of his desk.

“Better?”

Kyungsoo laughed. “Yeah, better.”

It took a while, but both of them got quite a lot of studying done. Still, though, there was more to go. This was only the beginning. Towards the end of their studying, Kai lifted his head up and looked at Kyungsoo, who pretended not to notice the stare boring into the side of his head.

“Hey, Kyungsoo hyung… can I ask you something?”

Kyungsoo set his book to the side, putting his hands together and twiddling his thumbs. “Anything, Kai. What’s up?”

Kai seemed to hesitate, like he was thinking something over super hard. He was probably contemplating how he was going to word his question or something. Kyungsoo bit his lip, the suspense between them almost suffocating.

Then, Kai smiled nervously. “Will you… uh, will you be my boyfriend?”

Kyungsoo wasn’t sure how to react. He had figured the question would be coming, but it would be from his mouth and not Kai’s. He smiled weakly instead. “I thought I pretty much was already.”

Kai laughed a little. “I know, but… I just wanted to make it official, you know? Since I really like you, and we’ve kissed and held hands and all that…” He looked like a middle schooler asking a popular girl to the prom. It was adorable, to say the least.

“Alright. Then it’s official. We’re dating.”

Kai grinned. “Want to seal it with a kiss?”

Kyungsoo stood up from the bed, as Kai from his chair, and their lips locked almost instantly, their hands roaming the other’s hips. Kai wanted access, but, instead, Kyungsoo pulled away. “Not yet, big boy. I don’t know how to use my tongue very well,” he admitted sheepishly.

Grinning, Kai replied, “I can teach you.”

“Not yet. You just asked me out,” Kyungsoo reminded him. Kai shrugged, and they both decided it was time for them to part their different ways. It was Thursday, and Joonmyun would be back late Saturday night, so Kai brought up another question.

“Hey… since hyung won’t be back until then, you wanna stay the night tomorrow night? I mean, there’s no authority to say we can’t…” Kai asked, biting his bottom lip as he waited.

Kyungsoo shrugged. “It gets more studying in.” He slipped on his shoes, slinging his backpack around his shoulders and opening the door a little. “I’ll see you tomorrow after school?”

“Yes, you will.” Kyungsoo was about to walk out, until he heard a pathetic little, “wait.”

He turned around, and Kai was pouting. Kyungsoo just stood there, confused. Kai took his top teeth off of his bottom lip. “I don’t even get a kiss goodbye?”

Kyungsoo laughed, shaking his head. “You’re impossible, I swear.”

After a quick kiss, Kyungsoo walked out of the house and to his car.

~*~

Kyungsoo was in the middle of writing the eighth chapter for his still unnamed story when his cell phone began singing in his pocket. He pulled it out, still typing with one hand. “Yoboseyo?”

“Ah, Kyungsoo! Long time no speak. How’s the story going?” It was Yunho.

“Pretty good. I’m on about the eighth chapter,” he explained, finishing his sentence and giving up on typing while talking on the phone. He needed two hands.

“That’s great. Your publishers can’t wait. Isn’t it the crash studying month now?” he asked, sudden curiosity in his tone. Yunho wasn’t much older than Kyungsoo, so he knew all about college life.

“Yeah… my writing might slow down a bit, and today I got a, uh… a boyfriend…”

Yunho suddenly sounded delighted. “A boyfriend?! You know, I never thought I’d see the day…” he said, very teasingly.

“Yah!” Kyungsoo laughed. “Don’t you have one? Jae something…”

“Jaejoong, yes. Speaking of who, I’m getting another call. Good luck with your love life! I’ll check up on you in a couple days.” The line was cut off, and Kyungsoo set the phone down on his desk, continuing to type.

~*~

:P

Hi.

Shameless advertising ahead!

You know that KyuMin I said I would be planning a few chapters back? Well, it's been posted. It's called The Same Mistakes. Here's a link: Click~

I'm out. Weee~