Chapter One

Unwritten

Kyungsoo’s day was going less than perfect. He had almost overslept, resulting in him throwing his clothes on and running to school. Because of that, he didn’t get to eat breakfast or brush his teeth, causing people to either avoid his grumpy, un-fed mood or smell his breath and walk away. And, even worse, his editor was due to call him and command him to do things he didn’t want to.

Behind him, people chattered and all the others attending Seoul University with him started dispersing to go home. He was just happy that all his classes were over, and he finally could go home, which was a huge relief. He was only a few minutes away.

Or so he thought.

“Yah! Soo!” he heard behind him. Grumbling a quick profanity, Kyungsoo turned around and was met with his best friend, Chanyeol, jogging to meet up with him. He didn’t really want to deal with his friend, but it would be rude to turn him away. “You’re going home already?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I’ve had a long day.”

“I can tell by your mood in class today,” Chanyeol remembered. “Anyway, have you seen Baekhyun at all? I haven’t seen him since third period and I’m starting to get worried…”

“Did you try calling him?” Kyungsoo asked, readjusting the straps of his backpack on his shoulders.

“Yes.”

“Texting him?”

“Yeah.”

“No answer?”

“Nope,” Chanyeol sighed. “I don’t know where he could be! We were supposed to go straight to get some pizza after this but he’s not here…” he mumbled, scratching his head and absentmindedly twitching. Kyungsoo only watched and rolled his eyes.

“You’ve lost your boyfriend before. Chill out. You’ll find him,” Kyungsoo said with an assuring smile. He had remembered every single time Baekhyun had strayed away in public and scared the hell out of Chanyeol. It was actually amusing, as mean as it sounded.

“Hey, how do you think you did on that essay in Mrs. Shim’s class? I think I bombed it,” Chanyeol admitted sheepishly. Kyungsoo almost forgot. The test that had fried his brain earlier.

“Pretty sure I did, too,” Kyungsoo sighed. “But it’s not as important as the end of the year exams, so we’ll be okay,” he smiled, clapping his best friend on the shoulder. “I’m going home now. I have things to do.”

“Okay,” Chanyeol said with a bemused smile. “I’ll call you if I find Baekhyun.”

“I can’t wait. Annyeong.”

With that, Kyungsoo made his way to his apartment, which was about a five minute walk away, so he didn’t bother bringing his car. His converse clicked against the cement on the sidewalk, many cars passing by him. He ruffled his still messy hair, even though it was fairly short.

When he got to his apartment, he shut the door and ditched his backpack on the couch. It was far too heavy, anyway. He picked up a bottle of water before going to his desk and turning on his laptop. When his phone buzzed, he looked over at it, sighing at it reading “Chanyeol.”

“Yoboseyo?”

“I found my boyfriend,” Chanyeol laughed, and Kyungsoo could barely identify some talking and giggling in the background. It was obviously Baekhyun, a close friend of Kyungsoo’s.

“Good for you?” Kyungsoo sighs.

“Yeah, it is, I guess. I’ll see you in class on Monday,” Chanyeol said before hanging up. Kyungsoo set his phone down, grumbling loudly. He wouldn’t be lying if he said he was jealous of Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

He wasn’t gay like both of them, but he was bi-ual, which you think would give him more options, right? Wrong. He couldn’t get luck from boys or girls, and always ended up getting rejected or his heart broken. His first kiss was a dare from the other, so it didn’t even really count.

Kyungsoo noticed his computer was finished booting up, so he logged onto a website to see how his latest book, The Skull Beneath the Skin, was doing with ratings and such. It had been published three weeks ago, and so far it was doing well in sells and with critics. His editor more or less didn’t give him long enough to write it, but he managed to squeeze in all the chapters and send it to him.

He scrolled down to his book and read all the new reviews of them, all of them being good. Kyungsoo smiled and logged off once more.

You see, Kyungsoo was a very well known bestselling author. He’d been writing since the age of ten, and he got his first book published when he was fifteen. Everyone at his high school read it. Most people liked it, but there were others that hated it.

That’s what made him do the next thing.

Now, with every book published, the author is an anonymous person named “D.O”.

Of course, the only ones who knew it was him were himself and his editor.

But no one else knows.

He decided to get on his Facebook, which had been very much abandoned lately. Chanyeol had just uploaded a picture of him and Baekhyun kissing, with several likes. Kyungsoo smiled faintly, scrolling through the stuff he didn’t care about and checking his own profile before logging out.

He was so bored.

But he wasn’t as soon as he got a call.

He groaned, thinking it was good ol’ Chanyeol calling once more. But when he looked at the caller ID, he saw that it read “Hyung-nim” in bright red Hangul.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“Hyung-nim”, or his real name, Jung Yunho, was his editor.

He quickly picked up the phone, answering it with a quick “Yoboseyo?” Anything Yunho hyung had to say, he was all ears for.

“Afternoon, Kyungsoo. Well, your latest book is doing well, and I knew it would. It’s very good,” Yunho complimented. One thing you learn with Yunho: compliments are rare, so cherish them.

“Thank you, hyung-nim. Is that it?”

“No, no. Of course not. I’m not done with you yet,” Yunho chuckled in a deep voice. “I was called by your publishers, and they want more. I tried to tell them you’re busy, but they won’t buy it. They want a new story in three months, but you get a week to come up with an idea. Sorry.”

Kyungsoo sighed, annoyed. He didn’t want to write so soon after his other one.  “Okay. I’ll give you an idea soon, hyung-nim. Is that it now?”

“Yeah, that’s it. I can’t wait to see what you have next. Annyeong.”

“Annyeong.” Kyungsoo hit the “End” button on his phone and leaned back in his desk chair, puffing out his cheeks. This was going to be a long process.

~*~

Ah, I'm sorry this was so boring! >.< This is short compared to my other works, but this might be the length from now on. Dunno. :P

Hope you enjoyed! Please subscribe and comment! It lets me know ya care! :3