Seasons

Nam Woohyun - Park Chorong One Shots / Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter

 

Nam Woohyun was sitting in the corner of the coffee shop. There was a book in his hand – a novel for more precisely, a cup of hot chocolate, bag, another book, a lighter, and a box of cigarette on the table. It was his first winter in London, he moved to the city a week ago. He knows nobody at that time, so he decided to spend his Christmas Eve alone, reading a novel at the coffee shop near his flat; just ten minutes by walk from his flat.

 

Two hours. He spent his time there for two hours to read a novel. But he just can read ten pages of novel in two hours. He couldn’t concentrate because his mind was full of regret. The regret of ‘how-could-I-decided-to-move-here-on-my-Christmas-holiday’. If he was in his hometown right now, he wouldn’t this lonely. He probably now was sitting in the living room with his family, joking around till the dawn, and delicious food everywhere. His mom just texted him, asking for his condition and gave him Christmas greets. Just that, nothing more. It made him grunts, he hates to be alone but he wanted to study abroad and living alone; he wanted to be free.

 

“Mind if I sit here?”

 

A young lady with thick coat, glasses on, untidy hair, books and a cup of hot coffee in her hands stood in front of Woohyun, asked his permission to share a table with her.

 

“Yeah, no problem,” Woohyun looked up at her as he gave her an answer. Then he tidies up his belongings from the table so she could place her books and her coffee on the table.

 

“So sorry to interrupt your time, but there’s no free table so…” She tried to explain.

 

“I said no problem, you can sit anywhere you want. And as you see right now, I’m alone and I don’t mind if I share the table with you if you need.” Woohyun talked, he kept looking at the book he held.

 

“Ah… geurae…”

 

“Are you Korean?”

 

“I am, you too?”

 

Woohyun chuckled, he stretch out his hand. “Nam Woohyun, just moved here for a week.”

 

“Wow! I’m Park Chorong, been here since I was high school.” She reached out her hand and she shook her hand with his.

 

“You’re here alone since high school? Cool.” Woohyun looked excited on her.

 

“Yeah, but it’s not that cool anyway. Where do you live?”

 

“Bermondsey Street, at the corner of the street, the red colored one.”

 

“Mr. Ferguson’s flat?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Chorong’s eyes widened. “I live there too, on the second floor. 201.”

 

“Oh God. Korean, same flat, same floor. 202.”

 

Coffee Shop.

 

Winter.

 

Christmas Eve.

 

That’s how they met for the first time. That’s how they spent their lonely Christmas Eve for the first time. That’s how they shared their stories and jokes for the first time. That’s how they built their friendship.

 

He remembered it all, he couldn’t forget about how they met for the first time. Nothing is missing from his mind. His eyes began to watery.

 

 

***

 

Spring

 

“Chorong, are you there?” Woohyun knocked her flat’s door.

 

“Come in! I’m still doing my things, wait in the living room okay?” Chorong yelled from inside.

 

Woohyun sighed as he walked in her flat.  Her flat was so clean and neat; she decorated her own flat well. Shoe rack near the front door; bookshelves, two couches and stand lamp with beige color in the living room; perfectly neat small kitchen. Her flat was so homey, that’s why Woohyun loved to kill his time at his neighbor’s flat.

 

Woohyun asked Chorong out at that day. He wanted to go to the park with her. Enjoy the afternoon view, eat Popsicle, and sit at the bench while telling about each other’s story.

 

“Is this okay?” Chorong asked as she popped out from her room.

 

Chorong was wearing soft pink colored shorts, flowery pattern sleeveless shirt with Peter Pan collar, and pastel colored Oxford shoes. Her bangs covering her forehead, and she let her medium curly hair messily loose. She was so beautiful.

 

Woohyun who was sitting at the couch lazily switching TV channel to one another; turned his head to Chorong. “Anything is always good on you,” he smiled.

 

“Tch… you said that, and it makes me more confused.” She walked to her room, then she open up her wardrobe to change her outfit.

 

“I really mean every words that come out from my mouth, Chorong.” Woohyun followed to her room and stood at the doorway.

 

She looked hesitated at first, but then she closed the wardrobe. “Okay.” Then she walked out her room.

 

“Bring this, I think it will look good on you too.” Woohyun threw a bowler hat to Chorong.

 

“Hey, I can hire you as my personal stylist,”

 

“If you pay me with breakfast and dinner everyday, I will be your personal stylist.”

 

“Your wish…”

 

“Hahaha… Hey, I don’t want to miss the afternoon view. And you know what, I bought two ticket for the cinema tonight for us. Come on, Lazy Lady!” Woohyun chuckled.

 

That’s how they spent the afternoon in the one fine spring day for the first time. That’s how they went to the cinema for the first time. That’s how he told her that she always looks good for the first time. That’s how he asked her out for a date for the first time. That’s how they built their friendship to the closer level.

 

 

***

 

 

Summer

 

“Chorong, do I really have to wait until my hair grows white every time we will go out?” Woohyun was sitting lazily on the couch.

 

“Nam Woohyun, don’t you really know that perfect outfit will make a lady happy all day long?” Chorong asked back while she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

 

Then Woohyun walked to the room and hugged her from the back. “Do I really have to tell you again? You’re beautiful with everything you wear. Everything.” Woohyun said as he looked to Chorong’s eyes reflection in the mirror.

 

Chorong blushed, and then she turned her body and stare straight at his eyes. “You know what? You really know how to make me happy.” She smiled and she kissed Woohyun’s lips.

 

They’ve been dated for three years. Now they lived in the new bigger and more comfortable flat near their old flat. Chorong decorated the interior of their flat, Woohyun was just agree with Chorong’s taste; her taste is elegant. Woohyun worked for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter