Chapter 4

I Fell In Love With an Alien Prince

 

As soon as Chung Ae entered her classroom at school, she noticed that the noise level was slightly a bit louder than it usually was. She saw that her classmates were of course, gossiping and chatting away as they always do, but as Chung Ae made her way to her desk in the back, she heard the words “new students”and she understood.

Pff. New students. Chung Ae thought as she plopped down on her seat. She shook her head at her classmates, as she never understood why they would get all up and arms about new students in their class. Was it the fact that they could meet and interact with new people? If so, Chung Ae didn’t care. She was never good with people and didn’t have friendships that lasted long, therefore relying only on herself to survive school. But as Chung Ae was about to rest her head down on her desk, the bell rang and in walked her teacher, accompanied by two boys her age.

Must be the new kids. Chung Ae thought.

“Good morning students.” Their teacher, Lee-sonsaengnim greeted

“Good morning sonsaengnim.” The students greeted back.

“To start off this morning, we have two new students joining us for the second semester.” Lee-sonsaegnim announced. He then gestured to the two boys standing next to him and said, “If you would, please introduce yourself to the class.”

Taking the cue from Lee-Sonsaengnim, the first boy on Lee-sonsaengnim’s left stepped forward and spoke.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” The first boy greeted. In a husky voice. He had pale skin and beady little brown eyes. “I’m Byun Baekhyun. I’m a transferee from America, so please treat me well.”

“Thank you Baekhyun-ssi,” Lee sonsaengnim said while all the girls, minus Chung Ae, were spazzing over Baekhyun. Sonsaengnim then looked over to the second boy and said, “Please introduce yourself as well.”

The second boy, whose was extremely tall and had a cute-looking baby face, greeted, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Chanyeol. I’m Bakehyun’s cousin, as well as a transferee from America, so please take care of me!”

The girls once again squealed, but this time they were squealing over Chanyeol’s surprising deep voice. In all honesty, Chung Ae was shocked too because she thought his voice didn’t match his innocent-looking face, but she didn’t find a reason to start fangirling over it like the others.

“All right all right, settle down students. I know you find these two attractive but we have to keep the noise level down to a minimum.” Lee-Songsaengnim joked. “These will be your classmates till the end of the year, understood?”

“Yes, sonsaengnim!’’

“Very well. As for you two, I reserved seats for you in the middle of the class. That will be your seats    for the remainder of the year.” Lee-Sonsaengnim said as the two boys went to find their seats. “As for the rest of you, get your textbooks out and turn to page twenty-five.”

As she heard the other students groan, Chung Ae got out her textbook and watched the two new students settle in their seats.

Yay.Two more other people to add to this tiring hell hole. Chung Ae thought as she flipped her textbook open and began to zero in on her teacher’s words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After managing to survive half their classes (as well as swooning over the girls), Baekhyun and Chanyeol headed out to the cafeteria for lunch. They stood in line for the buffet-style hot lunch and began to chat around with each other while waiting in line to pick their foods.

“Can you believe it Chanyeol? I probably earned the hearts of every girl in our class,” Baekhyun remarked. “My handsome looks are just too much for people to handle.”

Chanyeol scoffed. “Uh oh, is someone being arrogant? I thought you were gonna give that up.”

“Eventually I will, but I’m just trying to hold on to what’s left. And for your information, so many people back home think I’m one of the most handsome princes in all of Exo. That’s a fact that no one can pass up, even here on earth!” Baekhyun smugly said.

“Right….” Chanyeol skeptically answered as they moved up in line. “But you weren’t the only one worth swooning over. I have a lot of admirers myself, as my handsomely deep voice sends girls into a deep trance.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “Pssh, yeah right! Stop being arrogant!”

“Coming from the prince of arrogance, literally.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes when he heard Chanyeol say this while the line moved up some more. Soon enough, it was their turn to pick their food. While everyone in front of them picked up the foods they wanted in ease, all Baekhyun could do was stare at the food blankly. He had never eaten earth food, let alone Korean food, and was at a complete loss as to what to eat for lunch.

“Yah, Chanyeol-ssi, have you eaten earth food before?” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. “Not even once. I suppose we can just get a sample size of everything and just eat that as our lunch.”

“Good idea!” Baekhyun exclaimed, and him and Chanyeol began to grab small portions of Korean food on to his tray. As he reached the end, there was only one more serving of food left and that was kimchi.. Baekhyun went to reach for the small bowl of kimchi when the girl in front of him grabbed the last one.

“YAH!” Baekhyun yelled, aggressively grabbing the shoulders of the girl in front of him. “THAT WAS MINE!”

The girl, who Baekhyun recognized as one of his classmates, scoffed and immediately shook his hand of her shoulders.

“Excuse me? It’s not yours! I was in line first, therefore I got it first. No need to be aggressive.” She answered, eyeing him with a look of annoyance on her face.

Baekhyun was taken aback by her words as he never had anyone talk back to him, EVER. “You know, you should be nice to me. I’m a new student here and I should be treated with respect!”

“Baekhyun-ssi!” Chanyeol said in a pleading tone. He wanted Baekhyun to back off, but due to Baekhyun’s prince complex and his need to have everything his way, (including having the last bowl of kimchi) Chanyeol knew that they weren’t going to get out of this situation easily.

“Not now Chanyeol!” Baekhyun hissed. “I wanna hear what this girl has to say.”

The girl stood there, looking and feeling astonished. She recognized the boy as Baekhyun, with his cousin Chanyeol anxiously standing behind him. She thought Baekhyun was arrogant despite it being his first day at school, and not to mention he was acting stupidly petty over a bowl of kimchi. Chung Ae then decided that if he wanted a measly serving of food, that he was gonna get it.

“First off, ‘this girl’ has a name, and it’s Kim Chung Ae.” She said in a low voice. “Second, I don’t care if you’re a new student or not, you don’t have the right to act like a freaking god around here. And third of all,” She paused, grabbing the bowl of kimchi in her hands. “if you want kimchi, you can most certainly have it.”

With those words said, she dumped the bowl of kimchi on Baekhyun’s head and the whole cafeteria as well as Chanyeol, gasped. Chung Ae smiled smugly while Baekhyun could do nothing but stand in shock. After a few seconds or so, he came to his senses and his blood began to boil.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” Baekhyun screeched.

Chung Ae smirked. “What does it look like I’m doing? I’m giving you your kimchi.” She then rolled her eyes at him and walked off with her food. “See you around new kid.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter End Notes

Yay! The two finally meet ^^

And just so you know, I'm going by the Korean school system in this story, in which they go back to school in August for second semester and end school in early March. So right now the time frame right now is August ^^ 

So that's it for now, but I have LOTS of things planned for my lovelies Chung Ae and Baekhyun ^^