Chapter 2

I Fell In Love With an Alien Prince

 

“Prince Baekhyun.”

No reply.

“Prince Baekhyun”

No reply.

“PRINCE BAEKHYUN!”

With a jolt, Baekhyun was abruptly startled out of his trance like state and looked for his caller, who was no other than his personal attendant, Chanyeol. He looked at Baekhyun with a cheerful face while Baekhyun frowned.

“AISH!” Baekhyun hissed in annoyance. “What is Chanyeol-ssi? You calling my name repeatedly isn’t helping my case.”

Chanyeol frowned. “Mianhae your majesty. But you looked really bothered and I wanted to know if you wanted to talk it out.”

Hearing Chanyeol’s pure intentions, Baekhyun felt bad at how he snapped at Chanyeol, who was practically his best friend and confidant. Baekhyun sighed. “Mianhae Chanyeol. I’m just hating the fact that I have to leave everything that I’ve never known and go to some unadvanced planet for months, possibly years. I just hate it.”

True enough, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were now seated in the spaceship reserved for the royals of Exo-K. In just ten minutes, the space ship would leave Exo Planet and be en route to Earth, and all that Baekhyun and Chanyeol has ever known would just be a distant memory.

“Well,” Chanyeol began. “I know this is hard for you Prince. It’s hard for me too. But your parents have exiled you to earth for a reason. You weren’t fulfilling your task as prince by partying and living a lavish lifestyle on Exo. By sending you to earth, they want you to learn, to grow, and come back as a worthy successor to the throne of Exo-K. They do everything out of love for you Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun let Chanyeol’s words sink in his head before saying anything further. It’s true that Baekhyun hasn’t been the most refined prince by him going out every night and neglecting his responsibilities as prince. But would he actually become more responsible by going to earth? Would he become a worthy leader of Exo-K once he comes back, whenever that would be? And did his parents, the queen and king of Exo-K really show their love for him by sending him to some water filled planet just for the sake of becoming a better person? So many questions raced through Baekhyun’s head at once.

He sighed, then said to Chanyeol, “I guess you’re right. But are you really that willing to come with me to earth? You might not come back to Exo for a couple years. If you want to ditch, you should probably do it now since there’s still a couple of minutes left till takeoff.”

Chanyeol frowned. “I’m sorry for doing this sire, but you need what I’m about to do right now.” And with that, Chanyeol slapped the back of Baekhyun’s head.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Baekhyun yelled, anger showing through his eyes. However, once he saw the seriousness on Chanyeol’s face, his eyes softened and his anger went down.

“Prince Baekhyun, “ Chanyeol said with a serious voice, “We’re best friends, no, we’re brothers. I’ve known you ever since I can remember, and I promise to be there for you until the end. So whether you like it or not, I’m coming with you to earth. Period.”

Baekhyun’s heart felt lighter and he was genuinely touched by Chanyeol’s words. He smiled and said, “Aw, thanks man. You know I’ll be there for you too right?”

Chanyeol nodded and gave one of his overly energetic smiles. “Of course! But you do realize that your parents, the rulers of Exo-K, have personally assigned me to be your attendant and keep an eye on you on earth? Even if you didn’t want me to come, I’d still have to go because my would personally be in danger.”

Baekhyun “tsk-ed” and laughed heartily. “Selfish bastard.” Chanyeol shook his head but ended up laughing along with Baekhyun.

After a few minutes of additional talking and joking around, time whittled down to just one minute before takeoff. The engines of the space ship roared to life, and all Baekhyun could feel was anxiety and apprehension running through his veins.

“Afraid of riding spaceships your highness?” Chanyeol joked.

“Never. I’m just worried about life on earth. I don’t even know where we’re gonna land.” Baekhyun answered with a stressed tone.

Chanyeol gave a sympathetic smile and patted Baekhyun on his shoulder. “It’s alright Baekhyun. You’ll be fine on earth, I’m sure of it.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.” Chanyeol answered. “And if it bothers you that much, we’ll be living in a country called South Korea. More specifically, Seoul, South Korea.”

“Bwo? You mean that country with those ridiculous idol stars that sing and dance?” Baekhyun said in disgust. “I heard about them from my cousin, and I honestly don’t see the appeal of a bajillion member boy band singing the word “Sorry Sorry” repeatedly.”

Chanyeol laughed aloud. “It’s your parent’s choice, not mine your highness.”

“Aish.” Baekhyun growled while closing his eyes and leaning his head back on his seat. Chanyeol just shook his head and snickered at Baekhyun’s fickleness.

Prince Baekhyun, A voice announced over the speakers. Takeoff is in thirty seconds. Please secure your belongings and fasten your seatbelt.

Hearing this, Baekhyun and Chanyeol made themselves comfortable in their seats and then strapped themselves in. While Chanyeol was all smiles, Baekhyun tried to be calm and collected, trying not to stress over leaving his entire life behind in Exo. And as Baekhyun continued to lean his head back onto his seat, he couldn’t help but think to himself,

Earth, please treat me kindly.