Chapter 2

Unforgettable Meetings {GuiLun Version}

 

 

Chapter 2: What Are We?

 

GuiGui widens her eyes in surprise as he stare at her mother's boyfriend's son. If she wasn't dreaming right now, it's definitely Aaron, Aaron Yan Ya Lun of class 12B, one of the popular jock at school. GuiGui couldn't take her eyes off Aaron as he entered the house not minding a single glance. Aaron definitely doesn't look very happy, grumpy is more of a word for him right now.

 

GuiGui watch as Aaron's perfect deep, black bangs sweeps perfectly across his face as he look up right at her. He froze as he did so looking shocking no more less than GuiGui, herself.

 

"G-GuiGui, what are you doing here?" Aaron grumpiness suddenly disappeared, soon replaced with gentleness as he asked her.

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you this? This is my house after all...Aaron" GuiGui  hesitated as she mumbled the last word more to herself. Aaron is a a year older than Gui. She was the one who took notices Aaron first when they both were in the same gym class together.

 

Okay, that was a really obvious lie.

 

Now lets face the fact, if you attends Taipei Performance Arts High School and not knowing who Aaron Yan is, then you considered yourself as one of those 'social suicide' students, whose doesn't have friends at all. In other word that those popular jocks use, 'losers'. It doesn't matter if you're in the same class as him or not, knowing who Aaron Yan Ya Lun is is just like passing the exam to get into the school. You fail, too bad, so sad.

 

Even though GuiGui isn't any better than those few students. She knows exactly who Aaron is.

 

Aaron Yan of class 12B, real name Wu Geng-Line, the athlete of her school, the soccer star captain with girls swooning over him. Eighteen years old, loves sports, live with two parents and a younger sister, Wu Ah-Pei.

[A/N: Okay, so I don't really know Aaron's sister full name. I remembered it was something along Ah-Pei, so I just use Aaron's real last name for her last name. If any of you know, just tell me and I'll fix it. ^_^"]

 

Okay, so now GuiGui made herself sounds like a stalker. Truth is, she is in fact a stalker. But...well...she couldn't help it. Aaron was her crush after all. Notice the word 'was'. Aaron Yan was GuiGui's crush. Right now, she isn't sure what their relationship is anymore.

 

Are they strangers, classmates, friends...or something else? Well, that's still remains as a mystery. A mystery that GuiGui couldn't figure out for the past week.

 

What exactly are they?

 

Now if we want to know what exactly happened between the two. We have to go back to the last Monday morning when the two were having gym together.

 

 

"Aaron and GuiGui, you two go put away the basketballs, then change" Coach Lee handed them the heaps of basketball inside the netted bags.

 

"Yes, sir" Aaron replied as the two headed towards the supply room.

 

Even though GuiGui didn't say a word. She swear to herself that Aaron could hear her heart beating like crazy from the inside. It was quiet and none of them know what to talk about. They are two totally different person with zero things in common. How are they going to start a conversation really?

 

This is going to be awkward~ GuiGui bite her lower lips getting even more nervous.

 

"So, you're GuiGui right?" Aaron had decided to break the ice between them, and GuiGui was grateful for that. B-But from the inside she was going insanely crazy. She couldn't believe Aaron, the Aaron Yan, the soccer star of their school is actually talking to her!

 

"Y-Yeah" she stammered as she mentally cussed herself. Great, now she just made a fool of herself in front of him.

 

"Do you by any chance know who I am" Aaron asked glancing at the nervous GuiGui clencing onto the netted bag as if the world will end if she drop it.

 

GuiGui wanted to laugh at the question really. Of course she knows who Aaron Yan is. "Aaron, of course I know who you are" she simply replied.

 

"You do?" Aaron  asked again, surprised.

 

"Aaron, you got to be kidding right? Everyone know who you are, stop playing dumb" Gui shook her head.

 

"Oh"

 

There was a silence between them. Neither of them know what to say next.

 

"T-Then...by any chance...do you know who I am?" GuiGui was the one to asked the question this time.

 

Aaron then stopped his track causing GuiGui to stop also as she look up at Aaron with much of curiosity in her eyes. Her heart skip a beat as her gaze meet a pair of huge, huge, deep, chocolate brown eyes. They were mesmerizing, and that was one of the thing she loves most about Aaron. His eyes are like a drug that GuiGui could not get enough of.

 

"I do," just a simple, two worded answer got GuiGui's pure, little heart to race once again.

 

 

The two put down the netted bags and headed to the locker room to change out of their gym clothes.

 

Since he's a boy, Aaron had finished changing first and are now waiting for GuiGui to finish changing so he can walk her to her next class.

 

GuiGui jumped as she sees Aaron leaning onto the wall listening to his Ipod. "A-Aaron, what are you still doing here?" she asked taking back that Aaron's still here.

 

He couldn't possibly be...waiting for her....right? She thought.

 

"Of course I'm waiting for you," Aaron took of his earphones and tucked his ipod in his jeans pocket as he spoke.

 

"W-Waiting for...me?" GuiGui tried to confirm that she had heard him right and not just her imagination.

 

"Yeah, come on. I'll walk you to your next class"

 

 

"So Gui, are you free this afternoon?" Aaron asked as the two walk through the usual loud and crowded hallway. Kids busy screaming, talking, and laughing as they passes.

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

"Well, I was wondering if we could hangout this afternoon. We can go to this ice-cream shop a few blocks away" Aaron offered.

 

GuiGui heart starts to race once again as Aaron offer repeated inside her head.

 

D-Did Aaron, the popular soccer star of her school just ask her to go on a date hangout with her? Is this really a dream or reality? But just to make sure it's real, GuiGui secretly pinch herself on her left arm, where it is out of Aaron's sight. I mean the last thing she wanted to do right after Aaron had asked her to hangout with him is to embarrass herself. Just lightly, she pinch herself. But unfortunately, she pinched it just a little~ too hard. GuiGui made a face as she rubbed herself trying not to yelp out loud.

 

"Are you alright Gui? I mean if you don't want to you can just tell me. No need to make faces" Aaron look at her with disappointment in his face and a little bit hurt by GuiGui's action.

 

"No, no. It's not like that Aaron. I mean, I'd love to hangout with you. Today sounds great" GuiGui smile sweetly.

 

"Are you sure? You don't look like you want to though..."

 

"I'm sure," she assured. Why would she reject an offer like this seriously? This is like her fantasy coming to live.

 

 

Their date hang out soon turned into an everyday thing. GuiGui would come to the soccer field and wait for Aaron to finish his soccer practice every afternoon. The two of them would go to their usual hang out place, the ice cream shop, sometimes the park, or even each others' house. Their 'friendly' relationship is getting better and better everyday.

 

That is until one day. Aaron was walking GuiGui back to her house. They were at the front gate and Aaron suddenly lean in and gave GuiGui a quick peck on her forehead. "Bye Ghosty," Aaron had said before he turned around and walk away leaving a dumbfound GuiGui standing by herself still stuck in her 'la-la-land'.

 

That was when GuiGui couldn't figure out what they were anymore. I mean, they were friends. But friends don't kiss each other...do they?

 

 

___________________________
___________________________

 

A/N: Thanks for reading. Feel free to subscribe and leave me a comment! ^_^