Chapter 1

Unforgettable Meetings {GuiLun Version}

 

 

Chapter 1: The Reason Why

 

“GuiGui, hurry and come down! They’re here!” the voice of her mother echoed up to her room.

 

GuiGui sighed as she pull her lazy self up and walk down stairs. She rolled her eyes as she saw her mom bright and excited self. What’s so exciting about this? She thought.

 

Oh, right. It was a week ago that her mom had pulled her into her huge, master bedroom with a worried expression plastered on her flawless forty-five years old face right after she got home from her first day of school. Her mom is a real beauty, a beautiful woman whose she wish to be like when move out on her own.

 

“What is it mom?” she have asked getting a bit worried herself also. GuiGui has never seen her mother’s both worried and concerned face ever since her parents told her about their divorce ever since she was fifteen. It was a peaceful divorce, both sides agreed to it, and there was nothing GuiGui can do to stop.

 

“I have something to tell you” the seriousness in her mother’s voice sends chills down GuiGui’s spines as she slowly nodded.

 

This. Isn’t anything heart breaking like the last time was it? She thought silently to herself , a memory of her father leaving her mother and herself from two years ago suddenly flashed back.

 

“I…” her mother hesitated for a moment.

 

“Just tell me mom” GuiGui rushed her mom getting a bit impatient.

 

“GuiGui…listen to me. This might be a bit shocking to you…but I’m getting married” she look at her daughter full of concerns.

GuiGui froze for a moment processing the information that her mother just said.

 

“A-Are you alright sweetie?” her mother asked after a moment of silence. “I mean I know I haven’t tell you about me having a boyfriend yet, but I didn’t expect him to propose to me this fast…so…” her mother’s eyes are now filled with un-escaping tears. “I’m sorry sweetie” she pulled GuiGui into a tight hug.

 

“…I’m happy for you mom” GuiGui told her mother, wrapping her arms around her mother’s slim waist. She meant what she said. She is happy for her mother, very happy even.

 

It has been too long, way too long since her father left leaving both she and her mother from behind. Her mother have to work even harder to support both the two of them even with her father’s monthly child support.

 

“Really?” her mother asked releasing her tight embrace around her daughter. She didn’t expect GuiGui to except it this easy. It wasn’t easy for her when she knew her parents was going to break up and going their own ways.

 

GuiGui nodded in response. “I’m really happy for you mom” she confirmed jumping into her mother’s embrace once again as a single drop of tear escape from her eyes. Sure, she was happy for her mother, she finally find another man to depend on instead of working almost everyday exhausting herself. But from the inside, she was hurting.

 

As selfish as it might sound. Deeply inside of her, she doesn’t want her mother to be with another man besides her dad. Her father was a great man, he took care of his family well and he loves her and her mother. But she hated her parents for leaving each other just because of their own differences.

 

GuiGui loves it when things were just right. When her parents were still together and they were a family. A real, happy family.

 

With just her and her mother now. She didn’t want things to change. Not again, especially when she’s slowly getting used to living with just her and her mother. Why does things have to change when she’s slowly starting to accept it?

 

 

“Why are you so excited?” GuiGui frowned at her excited mother jumping up and down like a teenager having her first date.

 

Her mother’s smiling face turned into a frown. “Aren’t you?” she questioned looking at her daughter’s frowning face.

 

“I mean you get see him everyday…shouldn’t I be the nervous one?” GuiGui quickly cover her non-excited statement.

 

“Well yeah, of course honey. But it’s the first time he’s going to meet you and he’s also bringing his son with him, and it’s also going to be my first time meeting his son” she explained.

 

“Ohh~” the lips of GuiGui turned into an ‘o’ shape understanding the situation, but she’s anything but nervous nor excited. Just…normal.

 

Just then, the doorbell rang causing her mother to jump. There she goes again. GuiGui sighed as she watch her mother straightening out her dress and hair.

 

The door bell rang again. GuiGui furrowed her eyebrows. Can’t he just wait? Doesn’t he have any manners? She’ll come sooner or later. Point minus! She thought to herself getting a bit irritated.

 

“Mom, you know he’s here. Open the door” GuiGui told her mom seeing her still trying to fix a mark on her dress.

 

“Hold on, I want to look perfect for-”

 

“Mom, you know making them wait like this isn’t going to get you a point for his son”

 

She look at GuiGui for a second and figured that her daughter’s right. “Right! I need-”

 

GuiGui sighed as she walk to the door and open it not waiting for her mother any longer. Sure, she wasn’t happy with this, but she wants her mother to be happy. And by the way that she’s acting today, isn’t going to get her any point for that man’s son.

 

“Hello” she greeted them with a wide smile plastered on her face.

 

“Good evening” her mother’s boyfriend’s deep voice replied back. GuiGui take the chance to take a good look at him. The first word to describe should be manly. He was tall, dark skin, but not too dark, he has dark black hair and dressed in a casual, black tux. He’s definitely a business man. That was her final conclusion.

 

“Come on in” GuiGui opened the door wider, stepping out of the way for them to get inside.

 

Her eyes suddenly stopped and look at one particular person. Her eyes widens as she realized that it was…him.

 

___________________________
___________________________

 

A/N: As I promised, here's the 1st chapter! ^_^

Hope you like it. And as always, feel free to subscribe and comment!