Chapter 4

Unforgettable Meetings {GuiLun Version}

 

Chapter 4: Let's Just Talk

 

GuiGui struggles as she's trying to catch up to Aaron who's walking at super speed ahead of her. It's already the mid of January and the streets of Taipei are covered in a good amount of snow. It was cold and the wind doesn't seems to help the poor girl with just a thin layer of her long-sleeved shirt.

 

"Aaron, wait up!", GuiGui called from a distance of about twenty feet away.

 

As by instinct, Aaron turn his his head around hearing his name being called by a familiar voice.

 

"GuiGui, what are you doing here?", Aaron asked, hands in his jacket confused why GuiGui ran after him instead of staying inside.

 

"Nothing", she replied. "Just thought you want someone to talk to", she walk closer to the Aaron while trying to keep her teeth from clattering in the cold.

 

"And why is that?", Aaron questioned as he start walking. By this time GuiGui had already caught up to him. She just shrugged in respond.

 

~~~

 

"What do you want to talk about Gui?", Aaron take a seat on one of the park's swing looking at the girl in front of him sitting on the slide.

 

"You", she simply replied.

 

"What about me?"

 

"I don't know Aaron. What about you? You still haven't tell me yet"

 

He sighed. "Gui, look here. I'm sorry I was rude to your mom earlier, I...apologized. I don't have time to joke around", he stood up about to leave when GuiGui hoped off the slide and grab his hand.

 

"We're not done yet", she said her face had turned serious.

 

"Now what?", Aaron asked obviously not in the mood. But GuiGui does though. She couldn't let this chance pass by like this. It was just the two of them alone, plus she wants to figure out the 'mystery' that had bothered her the whole week. It's a perfect opportunity for them to talk things out.

 

"You still haven't tell me about yourself yet"

 

"Gui", Aaron sighed once again.

 

"Aaron", Gui copied him with those adorable puppy face.

 

Aaron look at her, but of course he couldn't resists the puppy face of the adorable sight infront of him. He never could.

 

~~~

 

"I'm sorry Aaron", GuiGui murmured. Guilt rushed over her as she regretted asking Aaron such a question.

 

"I'll you about myself, but in return you have to tell me about yourself" GuiGui said before babbling talking about her own life. How it was so perfect until two years ago that her parents decided to get divorced leaving her with no choice but to agree to it. Then comes the part where her mother decided to tell her about her 'secret' boyfriend and wanted her to meet him and it somehow turn out to be Aaron's dad.

 

"So Aaron, what about you?", she tried to change the subject when it's getting to what happened earlier. She doesn't want to go there, not yet at least.

 

"Unlike you, my mom doesn't exists in this world anymore", Aaron told the her as he stare up at the sky.

 

Aaron chuckled at GuiGui's statement. "Doesn't matter anymore Gui, just don't worry about it", he said.

 

"Hmmm?", GuiGui jerked her head. What does that suppose to mean?

 

"Nothing", he brushed it off like he said nothing. "So...", he paused.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Are you agreeing to the whole getting married thing?", Aaron hesitated to ask the question, but did it anyway. He wanted to know her opinion on the whole idea. Personally, he thinks that it's stupid and his dad is just trying to find another woman to replace his mom's place. And he doesn't like the idea of that. I mean, his dad couldn't have fallen for another woman besides his mom...right? They were in love, and still are. Until her accident...

 

"...I think so", Gui replied matter-of-factly. She might not like the idea of her mom marrying another man, but she isn't against it either. It is her life and her decision after all. She couldn't do anything about it right? If she could, she wouldn't have let her parents divorce and let her dad leave them. "A-Aren't you?", GuiGui stammered. Though she thinks that she already knows the answer due to Aaron's behavior from earlier.

 

"Maybe", that was an unexpected answer from the Aaron.

 

"Maybe?", GuiGui repeated surely surprised.

 

"Maybe...", he said again to confirm she isn't just hearing things. "You should really head back home now Gui, it's getting cold", Aaron told her as he stood up brushing dirt of his jeans, as if there were any.

 

She nodded as she started walking when she remember something. "Aren't you coming with me Aaron?"

 

Aaron shook his head. "I'm good. I know the way home", he said before turning around and begin to walk away. GuiGui stare at his back hesitatingly. Should she? Should she ask him? This might be his only chance now before their parents decided to announce something even more crazy.

 

"A-Aaron!", GuiGui called finally make up her mind. She's going ask him. She's going to ask Aaron what's been bothering him for days now.

 

Aaron stopped in his track hearing GuiGu's voice from his back. "Yes?", he turned himself around to face her. The two are about thirty or forty feet away from each other.

 

"C-Can I ask you a question before you go?"

 

"What is it?", Aaron hollered back.

 

One second pass. Two seconds. Three seconds. GuiGui could hear the clock in her head moving. She took a deep breath and looking straitght at the boy a few feet away from her

 

"What are we?", there she said it. Even though it was weak and barely audible for someone standing about thirty feet away from her. She said it, and that's all it matters. She wants to know, she wants the answer from him. GuiGui took another deep breath and said it louder this time. "What exactly are we Aaron?", she literally yelled to the other side with all of her gut.

 

_________________________
_________________________

 

A/N: Another update! Surprise!!! XD

I decided to use the days left to update! Kekeke....Oh, who cares about school now? =____=

As I was saying. I'm happy with all the comments so...another update! Hahaha...

Thank you so much for all the comments guys. You all are so awesome. I hope I didn't disappoint you with this chapter. If you see any mistakes or *cough*namesmistakes*cough*, just tell me and I'll fix it. ^_^ *I don't usually proof-fread my chapters guys....cuz I'm usually lazy and I can't read my own writings...I don't know why, I just can't...

Heads up: Since this is a short story, as I mentioned earlier. This story will probably end in two more chapters. Look foreward to it!

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Feel free to comment and subscribe! ^_^