Faint Hopes [Part 3/3]

All Teen Top Couples (Short Stories)

First of all, I apologize so much for the long wait. Secondly, I apologize for .. this.. It doesn't meet up to expectations, I know.. I'm sorry. 


The four in the doorway stood still, mouths gaped open in shock. Changjo smirked and grabbed Ricky's hand, pulling him with him and shoving past everyone else. 

"Be back later," was all he said, and they were gone.
 
Ricky said nothing as he walked by Changjo's side, all he could do was stay quiet and think about what had just happened. The younger, on the other hand, was smiling like an idiot as he lead the way to a nearby cafè. They went in and sat at one of the small tables toward the back, no words being exchanged until a waiter popped up and asked them what they wanted.
 
"We're not ready yet," Changjo replied casually. The waiter left and Changjo turned his attention back to Ricky, still smiling that bright smile of his.
 
"Why did you do that?" Ricky finally asked, without looking at the younger. 
 
"Do what?" 
 
The older bit his bottom lip and then sighed. "Why did you kiss me?" 
 
Changjo's smile started to fade. "Isn't it obvious?" 
 
"Now, what, you're going to tell me you like me? I don't want your puppy love." 
 
"..W...what? That can't be true."
 
Ricky raised an eyebrow at the younger. "How would you know?" 
 
"I read your diary," he stated matter-of-factly. "You wrote that you like me." 
 
Ricky's eyes grew wide in shock. "W-what? No I didn't..." 
 
Changjo smirked and grabbed a folded up piece of paper out of his pocket and began waving it around. "This would say other wise." 
 
Ricky gasped as he looked at the light blue-colored piece of paper, which was a sure sign it had been out of his diary. "You ripped a page out of my diary!? Why! It belongs to me! Give it back! Why does everyone read my stuff!" 
 
"It's proof that you like me," Changjo said. He handed the paper to Ricky, not wanting to have a scene in a cafè. Ricky didn't say anything back, he just sat there with an angry expression as he unfolded the paper and began reading it. Sure enough, it was the page where he had written down all his thoughts and feelings about the young male in front of him. Once he was done reading the page, he sighed.
 
"I don't like you, Jonghyun." 
 
Changjo frowned. "You're still saying this?"
 
Ricky sighed. "I wrote this over four months ago."
 
The younger tsk'd. "This is from the diary you got less than two months ago. Why do you keep trying to deny it?" 
 
Ricky looked into Jonghyun's eyes. "Why do you keep trying to prove something that isn't true?"
 
"Because you like me." 
 
"No I don't."
 
"Yes you do. Why are you lying?" 
 
Ricky finally gave up. "Fine. So what if I do? Why do you think I never told you?"
 
Changjo shrugged. "I don't know."
 
"It's because I don't want to be in a relationship with you." 
 
"That doesn't make sense. You like me. I like you. Why don't you want to be in a relationship with me?" 
 
"Liking someone is different from wanting to have a relationship with them!"
 
"No it's not! God, you must seriously hate me!"
 
Everyone in the cafè got quiet and no one made a noise. Everyone was staring at them.
 
"...Listen Jonghyun," Ricky said in a whisper, "We are idols. We can't have any relationship that is above the lines of brotherly love. I...don't hate you." 
 
Changjo sat back in his chair and went quiet for a moment. "That's why? ...I hadn't thought about that...but still... You seemed so repulsed by the thought that I want to have a relationship with you...I'm sorry I said you hate me...But who cares if we're idols?" 
 
Ricky felt a small pain in his heart. He could tell he had hurt Jonghyun, even if it wasn't intentional. But he was doing this for him. He didn't want Changjo's image getting ruined if they entered a relationship. Hell, they would probably both get kicked out of the company. But he didn't know how to explain the thoughts that were going through his head. 
 
Jonghyun sighed. "Will you at least... pay more attention to me?" 
 
That caught Ricky's attention. "W-what? Uh..y-yeah.. I can do that." 
 
Changjo grabbed Ricky's hand warmly and smiled. "Then that's good enough for me."
 
- - - - - 
The four abandoned were gathered in the living room, no one saying a word. Cap was sitting lazily on one end of the couch, in his own little world. Niel was sitting in a chair, head down in his hands. L.Joe was next to Cap, in deep thought; and Chanhee was pacing back and fourth.
 
Finally, Niel stood up in exaggeration, and everyone turned their attention to him. "Are they idiots?! They aren't hiding themselves! They're going to get trampled by fans! They are going to die! "
 
Chanhee let out a surprised laugh and threw his hands in the air.  "That's what your worrying about? They just made out in front of us!"
 
Cap sighed and stood up, looking straight at Chanhee, his authority shining through. "Calm down, they didn't make out, they just.. kissed. But Niel has a point. They are un-hidden, and we need to get them back here before something bad happens." 
 
"I can't believe this. You're just going to let this slide? This could ruin everything.
 
Minsoo gave Chanhee a serious glare. "We will talk about it later," he then turned back to everyone else. "Niel, go get Changjo and Ricky's shades and hoodie's. They're going to need them." 
- - - - -
 
They had been searching for the maknae's for over half an hour yet still they couldn't find them. 
 
"This is absolutely ridiculous! They haven't called and they haven't sent any of us a text! That's it, I am calling our manager!" 
 
As Chanhee got out his phone and began texting at the speed of light, Cap grabbed it from and closed it shut. 
 
"What are you doing?"

"We are not getting our manager involved in this. We will find them." 
 
"But-"
 
"No." 
 
They walked in silence from then on, until Niel stopped walking. The other three turned their attention on him, and followed his gaze to a little cafe.  "Is that.. them?"
 
L.Joe squinted his eyes. "What are they doing?"
 
"I don't know, but we are going to find out!" Chanhee yelled, stomping off towards the building. The others soon caught up and they entered the place quietly. Cap grabbed Chunji's arm to stop him from going to their table. "Look at them. They're having a nice time, and no one has recognized them so far." 
 
Chanhee scoffed. "What are we going to do? Wait here until they notice us, or we get noticed by fans?" 
 
Niel wrapped his arm around Chanhee. "Let's play Spy, eh? Doesn't that seem like fun?" 
 
Chunji brushed Niel off. "Whatever. Do what you guys want." 
 
Five minutes later they were at the opposite end of the cafe, watching the maknae's from afar. But not without forcing L.Joe to buy them ice cream. 
 
"Say 'ah~' " Cap said, as he fed L.Joe. 
 
L.Joe happily went in for the spoon of ice cream, but a little bit dripped down his lips. Minsoo smiled and was about to whip it off, when their little moment was ruined by Chanhee's loud voice. 
 
"Not you too! How can you be acting like this, as our leader, when the maknae's are one step away from ruining all of our careers?" 
 
Cap awkwardly dropped his hand and Byunghun shyly the ice cream away, both of their eyes shifting away. 
 
Chunji got up from the table, and before anyone could stop him, he grabbed the maknae's stuff from Niel and marched to the other end of the cafe. 
 
They didn't even notice him until he literally threw their hoodies at them. They both looked up, surprised. 
 
"Put your things on! We are leaving, now," Chanhee said. The others had began walking to the table, and before the maknae's could say anything, Chanhee turned around and walked off, pushing past everyone else.
 
"What's his problem?" Changjo asked.
 
Cap sighed as he shared a glance with Byunghun. "Nothing, it's just, what you two did back at the dorm was too much for him to handle." 
 
Ricky blushed at the memory. "Y-yea.. a-about that, it was-" 
 
Niel pat him on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it, tell us back at the dorm. Put your hoodies and shades on! How could you leave looking like this?" 
 
"R-right, right, sorry.." Ricky replied.
 
When they were all hidden underneath the safety of their clothing, the five finally began walking back home. It was a rather quiet  and awkward journey, no one knowing what to say. But eventually they did make it back to their dorm. 

They all knew what was waiting for them, for the manager's car was in the drive way. 
 
Entering the dorm, the manager instantly began yelling. 
 
"Is it true? You were foolish enough to go outside, with no protection to hide yourselves? And you went to a cafe, in the broad daylight!?"
 
Everyone tensed, and the atmosphere became heavy.
 
"Tomorrow I am taking away your cell phones and laptops, and you are absolutely banned from stepping one foot outside!" 
 
And with that, their manager left. 
 
Changjo stared wide-eyed at Chunji, and he was first to speak. "You didn't tell them about the kiss?" 
 
"No. I wanted you to see how he reacted to not dressing properly. If he knew what you did, what do you think would happen? It would be so much worse." 
 
There was a short silence between them. Chanhee did have a point. 
 
Niel was first to break the silence. "Soo... are you two.. dating, or what?"
 
Ricky blushed and began to figet lightly. Changjo shook his head. "No. We're just going to be close friends." 
 
Minsoo sighed. "Our manager can live with that, but.. Actually, I have an announment to make." 
 
Everyone turned their attention on Cap.
 
"L.Joe is pregnant."
 
Chanhee fainted.