Faint Hopes [Part 1/3]

All Teen Top Couples (Short Stories)

Everyone had just gotten back from recording the latest episode of Teen Top Rising 100% and were extremely tired. That is, everyone except Ricky. He was bouncing all over the place with smiles and giggles, trying to brighten up the mood. Even Niel couldn't compete with the overly-hyper young male, and went off to his room to catch some shut eye before they went to practice in an half an hour. 

Cap was on the couch, already snoring. Changjo was in his room, doing who knows what.  L.Joe and Chunji were on the couch as well, on opposite sides of Cap. L.Joe had turned the TV on, but no one was really watching it, for all attention was on Ricky. 

"Guess what hyungs?! Changbum and I watched a movie last week, and you'll never believe what happened!"

"....." 

"What? You're not even going to ask what happened?"

"...."

"Fine! I'll just tell Changjo instead!" 

Ricky rushed off into Changjo's room, leaving his mean hyungs behind to continue watching their obviously-more-important-than-him TV show. Changjo was sitting on his bed, headphones in and staring at his laptop. 

"Changjo~ Changjo~ JONGHYUN?? JONGHYUN!?!?! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!?"

The young male didn't even flinch. Ricky stomped off to his shared room with Niel and plopped down on his bed after switching on the TV, careful not to wake his sleeping hyung. He searched through the channels until he found a random episode of The Birth of the Rich playing. He snuggled his pillow into his arms as he watched the TV in a daze. 

It sure would be nice to be rich like them. To go to fancy parties and dances.. I wonder if any of the hyungs know how to ballroom dance.. I should ask them sometime. I wanna learn~! Haha Oh Mallari~! Mamma Mia~~

Ricky's thoughts were interrupted when L.Joe came into his room. "Yah, Ricky, wake Niel up, okay? We're going to practice in 10 minutes." 

"Okay hyung," Ricky replied. L.Joe left the room and Ricky turned off the TV. He got up off his bed and then jumped into Niel's. 

"Wake up hyung!!"

"No~~ please.." 

Ricky slapped Niel's . "WAKE UP HYUNG!!!"

"Fine fine, I'm up, I'm up," Niel said. But his eyes were still closed. Ricky poked one.

"Ow, my eye!" 

"EEP! I'm sorry!!" Ricky screamed, getting off the bed. Niel covered his hurting eye and stared at Ricky with the other one. "Get back here!" 

Ricky ran out of the room and locked himself in the bathroom. He jumped and hid in the bathtub when he heard knocks on the door.

"Yah, what are you doing? Open up the door!" 

It was L.Joe's voice. Ricky slowly  got up and opened up the door and stood face-to-face with L.Joe.

"Why did you lock yourself in there?" 

Ricky peeked behind L.Joe and saw Niel standing there in the hallway, glaring at him. 

"H-hyung, he's going to hurt me.." 

L.Joe looked back and saw no one. Niel had hidden himself. 

"What are you talking about?"

Ricky looked back and saw Niel again. "THERE!"

L.Joe looked back again and saw just a glimpse of movement. He started marching down the hall and saw Niel in the living room. Niel screamed.

"AH! H-hyung, uh...."

L.Joe slapped Niel in the head. "Stop scaring your dongsaengs." 

Ricky came and stood behind L.Joe, sticking his tongue out. 

"Alright everyone, stop joking around, we've got to go in five minutes," the leader said, causing the three to break up. "And where's Changjo? Someone get Changjo!" 

Ricky sprinted into Changjo's room and jumped on his bed, scaring Changjo.

"Ricky! What are you doing??" 

"We're leaving in five minutes! Better get ready fast!" 

Changjo sighed as he took his headphones off. "What did you say?"

Ricky rolled his eyes. "We-are-leaaaaaaving-in-fiveee-minnuuuuteeeeesss." 

"Oh. I'm already ready."

"Let's go then!" 

"Go where?"

"To the living room, duhhh..." 

Ricky and Changjo walked back into the living room together where everyone else was waiting. 

"Alright. Is everyone good? Ready to go?" The leader asked.

"Yes!" Everyone shouted. 

"Alright, let's go then," Cap said. Everyone rushed out the door and piled into the two black vans that had been waiting for them. Andy had taken Teen Top's wishes and turned them into reality, buying them a second car and hiring another person to drive them wherever they needed to go. The maknae's took one car and the hyungs took the other. 

Niel climbed into one of the middle seats, and Ricky made sure to sit at the very back with Changjo, avoiding Niel at all causes. Changjo gave him a weird look.

"Why aren't you sitting with Niel~hyung like you usually do?" 

Ricky put his seat belt on and then whispered into Changjo's ear, "I poked his eye." 

Changjo burst into laughing.

"What? What's funny?"

"That's just so you.." 

Approximately twenty minutes later, the trio of maknaes arrived at the dancing studio. Ricky got of of the car first, and Niel was a close second. However, when Niel climbed out of the car, Ricky bounced back inside. 

"Ch-Changjo, I'm scared...Get out before me.." 

Changjo rolled his eyes as he got out of the car. Ricky climbed over all the seats and got out next to where Changjo was waiting... with Niel behind him.

"Hyunnng! Please don't kill me! I'm really sorry I poked your eye," Ricky pleaded as he stood behind Changjo, back-hugging him for his life. 

"Too bad. I'm going to kill you. Move, maknae!" 

Changjo stood firm. "No~"

"Why? Come on, just let me slap him once." 

Changjo bit his lip and looked around. He sighed. "Alright, just once."

Changjo removed Ricky's hands from his waist and moved quickly. Niel slapped Ricky over the head, just as L.Joe had down to him previously. 

"Ow ow it hurts! Ahh hyung you're so mean! Changjo! Why would you let him do that to me?" 

Changjo shrugged. "Seemed like it'd be fun to watch. And I was right. It was." 

Ricky began hitting Changjo repeatedly on the shoulder playfully, when the other van arrived. The three eldest males of the group hopped out to join their dongsaengs. 

"You owe me five dollars, Byunghun~ they got here first~ " Chunji sang.

L.Joe sighed and handed him the money. "I'm never betting with you again. You always win." 

"LAST ONE INTO THE STUDIO BUYS EVERYONE ICE CREAM, " Ricky screamed as he broke into a run. Everyone else, besides L.Joe, began running as well. 

L.Joe looked at his driver. "What'd he say?" 

"I believe he said, 'Last one to the studio buys everyone ice cream' ." 

"Aish! Okay, okay, I have to go, be back in two hours to pick us up, alright?" 

L.Joe didn't wait for a reply, he dashed off, in small hopes of not being last.

- - - - -

"Alright, L.Joe~ah's buying everyone ice cream," Ricky declared, once L.Joe had finally made it. The rest cheered, while L.Joe wept.

"No! I didn't hear you! The driver had to tell me!" 

Chunji came and patted him on the back. "That's too bad." 

"Okay everyone, time to get to practice. Let's do some stretching first," the leader said. Everyone instantly spread throughout the room an began doing their individual warm-ups. Everyone except Ricky. He was too busy staring at each of the members, wondering who he should ask to help him learn how to dance like they do in a ball.

~ Ricky's great mathematical mind time~

4yx-3 = 4y(1/3x)4y/x3

Chunjix + Niely = -Cap

Chunjix + Niel (-Changjo) = -Cap

Chunjix = Ricky

X = L.JOE!

"Ricky! Why aren't you warming up!?"

"Ah, uh, sorry hyung," Ricky apologized to the leader. 

But once Ricky had started actually warming up, they were called to finish up by their leader and to start actually working on their choreography.

They practiced dancing 'To You' for almost an hour straight, non-stop. Whenever Teen Top was practicing alone without their choreographer, Changjo took charge of making sure everyone did every step perfectly. In times like these, the maknae Dancing Boy Changjo turned into Dancing Drill Sergeant

"Niel!! I can still see you in the mirror even if you are behind me! DON'T SLACK OFF!" 

"A-ah y-yes maknae-sir!" 

"LEADER!!! YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO LEAD YOUR DONGSAENGS, NOT SCREW UP IN FRONT OF THEM!" 

"It won't happen again!" 

"WE. WILL. KEEP. DOING. THIS. UNTIL. WE. GET. IT. RIGHT!" 

They started the song over, and no one messed up, but their effort wasn't good enough. "WHY ARE YOU ALL FROWNING? WE ARE TEEN TOP! WE DO NOT FROWN! RICKY!!!"

"W-what?"

"THANK YOU FOR SMILING! EVERYONE ELSE! I WILL PERSONALLY PINCH YOUR CHEEKS IF YOU DON'T SMILE THIS TIME! ARE YOU READY??" 

"Yes!" They all screamed. 

Changjo pressed the play button on the remote to the stereo and they began practicing again. Everyone put on fake smiles to please the maknae, and finally, they had perfected the dance. 

"Alright, everyone take a five minute break and then we'll practice Be Ma Girl. Got it?" 

"Ahh maknae, my legs.. Can we please have a longer break?" Chunji asked.

"No! Absolutely not!" 

"Then I won't buy you ice cream," L.Joe said. "Does everyone agree?" 

"Yeah!" Ricky yelled. "No ice cream for Changjo!" 

"N-no i-ice cream?" Changjo stuttered. "B-but...please?" 

Ricky stuck hi tongue out. "Nope!" 

"Fine! We can all take a 10 minute break."

"20 minutes," L.Joe stated.

"Fine! Aish!" 

- - - - - 

"Come on everyone! Why're you all going to bed?? L.Joe is suppose to buy us ice cream!"

"We're all tired, Ricky. Something you never are. He can buy us ice cream tomorrow," Niel said.

Ricky sighed. Everyone was abandoning him! Niel was going to sleep, so were Chunji and Cap, Changjo was in his room as well, and that left only he and L.Joe in the living room. L.Joe was watching a drama, like he always did. Ricky went and sat next to him.

"Hey, hyung! Do you know how to dance like how they do in balls and stuff?" 

"Balls?.." 

"Like.. Ballroom dances... For like rich people...or something..." 

"Oh. Yeah, I do. Why?"

Ricky's eyes sparkled. His mathematical formula had been right after all!  "Can you teach me?" 

"Teach you? I don't know how to. Why don't you go ask the guy who taught me?"

"Guy?? What guy??" 

"My room mate, genius. Jonghyun knows practically every dance there is in the world. He's the one who taught me." 

"Really!?!?! He knows how to?! I never world have guessed! Omo, my math was wrong!"

L.Joe gave Ricky the 'what the duck' face. "Your math was wrong?" 

"Oh hyung, you wouldn't understand," Ricky said, patting L.Joe's head. He got up off the couch and walked towards Changjo and L.Joe's room, thinking about how his math could have been wrong.

~ Ricky's great mathematical mind time~

If x = L.Joe, then what does Y equal?!??!

Chunji(L.Joe)(Y)+ Niel(y) = -Cap

Chunji(L.Joe)(Y) + Niel (-Y)  = -Cap

Ricky(Y) = -Changjo

Y = Changjo!!

Ricky facepalmed. He had done the whole thing backwards! Of course Jonghyun would know how to ballroom dance! 

He walked into the room to find Changjo on his laptop again, only this time he was listening to the music through the speakers and not with headphones. 

"Jonghyun~~" 

Changjo looked up and found Ricky in the doorway. "What's up?" 

Ricky came and sat down on Changjo's bed. "Will you teach me how to dance that dance they always do in ballrooms?" 

Changjo turned down the music on his laptop. "You mean waltz?"

"Yeah! That's it!" 

Changjo hesitated before answering. "Don't know how to..." 

Ricky cocked his head. Had he done his math wrong again? Nooo....  "Yes you do!"

"How would you know?" 

"L.Joe~hyung told me! He said you taught him how to! So please teach me~ pleaseeeeee~ " 

Changjo sighed. "Why don't you have him teach you then?" 

"He said he didn't know how to teach me.. please Jongiejong~ teach meehhh~"

"No. Never again. Teaching him was like hell. He kept complaining about how he'd never get it right and that I'm a horrible teacher. So no. Never again. " 

Ricky pouted. "I'm not like L.Joe-hyung. I won't complain! I promise! Please~~ "

"Why don't you just go search how to on the internet?" 

"No!! Teach me!!"

"No!'

"Just give me a chance..Please?" 

"Fine..."

"Really?"

"No!" 

Ricky looked up to Changjo with the saddest look possible, a replica of puss in boots. 

"No..................." 

Ricky made a small, tiny tear come out of the corner of his eyes. "You're so mean..." 

Changjo's heart dropped. He instantly felt horrible. "I'm sorry Ricky! I'll teach you, okay? Please don't cry!" 

Ricky sniffled lightly. "Will you really?" 

Changjo nodded. "Yes, yes! I promise!"

Ricky sniffled again. "When?"

"Tomorrow! I promise! First thing in the morning!" 

"Teach me now..." 

"But-"

"P-please?"

"Okay, okay, okay, I'll teach you now! Let me find some music on my laptop...." 

Changjo instantly went searching for music and Ricky smirked. Everyone always fell for it after the tear. The sniffles sealed the deal. 

Soft music began playing and Changjo began teaching. "Alright, in order to do the waltz you have to have a song with the beat that goes like 'One, two, three; one, two, three; Da, da, da; Da, da, da,' alright?" 

Ricky nodded.

"Okay so this is the type of song you'd need to have to do the waltz," Changjo said, turning the volume on his laptop up. " 'One, two, three, one, two, three,' you got that?" 

Ricky nodded again.

 "Hmm. Okay. So you ready to try?" 

Ricky smiled happily. "Yes!"

After turning the music off, the pair got up an stood in the middle of the room. 

"Ah, wait, there's not enough room... Hold on a sec," Changjo said. He then proceeded into pushing his and L.Joe's beds to the one corner, along with their dresser, and pretty much everything else there was to move. 

Changjo sighed. "There's still not enough room. Let's go to the living room." 

"But hyung is watching a drama.." 

"Then he can just continue watching it in our room," Changjo said, heading out the room. 

They walked into the living room to find L.Joe asleep on the couch, the TV still blasting.

"Well this isn't going to work," Changjo said. He walked over to L.Joe. "Wake up, ."