Innocent Misunderstandings [Part 2/2]

All Teen Top Couples (Short Stories)

The next day Chanhee was sick, and I was left to go grocery shopping by myself. Finally I get some peace and quiet, but I'm also sad. How did he get sick so easily? He didn't even tell me what's wrong. He said not to get him medicine either, but what kind of person would I be if I didn't get him medicine? 

So I went down the hall that held medicine. This would be great, not knowing what to buy.. So I grabbed a random bottle and checked it. It said :

• Treats headaches

• Treats dizziness

and other things like that. I looked at the warnings..

 May cause confusion, dizziness, headaches, nausea, blahblahblah

Well that's stupid. I picked up another bottle.

• Treats constipation

Now it's time for the warnings.. Please don't contradict yourself, medicine. 

May make you drowsy, sleeping. Sometimes dizziness may occur.

Well, at least it didn't contradict itself. I picked it up and put it in the shopping cart and went to look for more medication since I'm not really sure what's wrong with him or what he needs. I ended up getting six different types of medication. No, I won't give them all to him, he can decide what to take. But I got everything I could think of : Allergy medicine, for coughing and sneezing, fever reducers, bathroom problem solvers, things for headaches, dizziness,  even motion sickness pills and vitamins. My Chanhee will never be sick again!

Wait. What if I forgot something?!? What if he is really really really sick?!?! 

I went to stand in line at the little pharmacist place there was in the store. I waited for at least 10 minutes, and then finally it was my turn. .

"Hello, how may I help you?" 

"My boy- uh friend is sick and I don't know what to get him! Please help me.. " 

"Well, what sort of symptoms is he having? Is he in any pain? And I see you have gotten a few medications. May I see them?"

"Um, I uh.. Don't really know what's wrong with him... " I dug in the cart and put all the medicines on the desk for him.

"Well, you seem to have just about every type of modern pills here...I'm sure one of these will help him. Ah, you didn't get nausea pills though. Motion sickness pills will help with that, though. And these two medications," he said, getting two bottles from the pile, "are treated for the same things. You need only buy one. I do, however, suggest you buy this one over the other one." He picked up the yellow bottle one. "Just put the other one back. Any more questions?" 

I just glared at him. He didn't help me at all! "No, thank you," I bowed and walked off. No, I would not return the other one! I would buy him both! BOTH!

I did, however, go back to the medicine section and buy pills strictly for nausea. Then I went and put the milk up that I had boughten before I picked out all the medicine. What? It wasn't spoiled, I just... wanted to be sure... 

I got new milk, and got some bread, and a feast of fruits and vegetables. My Chanhee will only eat good, healthy food from now on! Never again will he get sick from food! EVER!

Want to know something strange? I kept seeing the same person in every lane.. It was weird.. Our eyes even met a couple of times, and eventually I just smiled and waved a "hi" . He didn't greet me back. How rude.

I went to the check-out and he stood in line behind me. I feel a bit..nervous now.

"Hello, " The clerk greeted. I gave her a warm smile and she smiled too. She seemed about to scream and faint. No wonder Chanhee loves me. After I paid for everything I grabbed the bags and looked back. That man I kept running into was gone. I started walking home, the bags in my hand, and started singing non-sense.

"♫ Never will you get sick again~ ♪ You're my little Chanhee~ ♫"

"Hey."

"AHH!" I screamed and dropped the bags I was carrying. I picked them up again to see that man. He was staring at me with these evil eyes that sort of creeped me out.

"W-who are you?"

"The name's Jonghyun. I heard your friend was sick. Want some help?"

How did he know? "U-um, yes, yes he is.. How could you help?"

He stepped closer to me and revealed a brown paper sack. "I've got a little medication. " 

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What kind of medication?" 

He chuckled lightly and stepped closer and whispered in my hear, "It's a secret. You can't tell anyone, arraso? You promise?" 

I nodded. 

"It's an ultra secret medication the government is hiding from civilians like us. It's fly medication. You extract the wings from hundreds of little supernatural flies and mash them together with certain vitamins and minerals and wala~! You have what they call USSFC. Ultra-super-secret-fly-case. It treats everything! No one is suppose to know about it, but...I do. I have connections and ties that very few people have access to. I'm trying to start an underground business and sell this medication to those in need, but...as you can imagine, it isn't cheap..."

"HOW MUCH!??!!"

He chuckled again. "For you?... $200.." 

"THAT MUCH??" 

"Shh shh! You can only imagine how much this should be worth, alright? 200 or no deal.. " 

I sighed and pulled out my wallet, handing him the money once I counted it all. He smiled and handed me the bag and grabbed my money. "Oh, and it tends to make the user feel very, very good. If you want more, you know where to find me. Oh, and if the cops find you with it... You never saw my face. "

I looked in the bag and pulled out this thing that looked like a cigar. "What am I suppose to do with it?" 

"You smoke it." 

Smoke it? Weird. I bowed and smiled. "Thank you very very much!" 

He chuckled again. "You're very welcome." 

I walked back home, happy as could be. I have super secret fly medication that no one knows about and it will cure Chanhee! 

I walked into our house and went straight to Chanhee's room, only to find him lying on his bed and crying. I rushed over to him and hugged him.

"Chanhee! What's wrong?" 

He looked surprised and started wiping his tears away. "I - I..didn't think you'd be back so quickly.." 

"No! It's alright, you can cry. I got you medicine, so you will feel better," I said, then got out the little brown sack I had and handed it to him.

"I'm not really sick."

"You don't have to lie..."

He opened up the bag and pulled out the USSFC. "Where the hell did you get this, Byunghun??" 

"From a boy named Jonghyun. It's called the USSFC, Ultra-super-secret-fly-case. Fly medication! It will make you feel better!"

He started laughing and he rolled his eyes. "This isn't  'fly medication' , Byunghun. This is an illegal drug. It's weed." 

"No way! How can you tell?" 

"Just.. common sense.. " 

I sighed. "I spent so much money on it..." 

"How much?"

"200."

"200?!?!"

"I'm sorry, Chanhee.. I thought.. I thought it was medication.. I was really worried.. I'm such an idiot.. But here, I got you other medication!" 

I grabbed the bag that held all the medications and laid them out on his bed before him. "This one is for oh wait no this one is just vitamins. This blue one is for uhh headaches and dizziness and stuff, and so is this yellow one but I guess the yellow one is better- oh! And this redish pinkish one is for nausea and-"

Chanhee started crying again. "Byunghun, I said I wasn't really sick..." 

I went to hug him again until he stopped crying. "Why are you crying then? And why would you lie to me? You said this morning you were sick." 

"Byunghun.. You really spent $200 just for medicine for me?" 

"W-well yeah.. I'm sorry it wasn't really medicine though.. I'm sorry. I just wanted you to feel better.. "

"Do you really love me?" 

"Eh-what? Why? Of course I really love you!" 

He went to go whip his tears away again, and that's when I noticed. The cuts. 

"What the Chanhee, when did you do this?! Why did you do this?" I screamed, pointing at his wrist. His entire body froze still and he avoided eye contact with me and began biting his lip as more tears flowed. 

"I-I don't know.." 

"What do you mean you don't know? You have to know!"

"I'm sorry Byunghun, I.. I've just been so horrible to you .." 

"What do you mean, Chanhee? You haven't done anything to me." 

"I'm driving you away.. I've always been driving you away.. I know it. I've been trying to keep you closer to me but you're just drifting from me."

"Chanhee. We spend every single day together. We're always together. How could I be drifting away from you?" 

"That's not what I mean.."

"Then what do you mean?'

"You don't seem to love me. The way I act, it's wrong. You don't like it. I keep trying to change myself, but I can't. It's so hard. I'm trying to be better for you, but .. it doesn't work.. "

"Is that why you've been acting weird lately?" 

"I-I guess.. Well, yeah.. I tried talking less, I tried giving you more space.. I acted sick today so you could just be alone, but.. that seems to have only troubled you into feeling like you had to buy me medicine... You don't have to do that.. Even if I was sick, you don't have to do that.. I'm sorry I'm such a burden. " 

It went silent for a moment, the only sounds being that of Chanhee's small sniffles. I grabbed all the medicine and tossed it aside so that I could sit closer to him. I wrapped my left arm around his shoulder and then kissed his cheek.

"Of course I have to buy you medicine, Chanhee. I love you. I would do anything for you. And you're not a burden. You're unique. You don't have to try to change yourself, you're already perfect." 

His eyes lit up, and he seemed so happy. As if I had just told him he won the lottery. 

He hugged me, and just kept on hugging me, not letting me go. Finally, he mumbled something. 

"You really do love me, don't you Byunghun?" 

I couldn't help but to smile. "Yes. I really do love you. I always have, and I will never stop loving you." 

He finally let go and stared into my eyes. "Byunghun.. I'm so sorry. But I am so happy, so relieved to hear you say that. You promise you'll never stop loving me?"

"I promise. Do you promise?" 

"I promise." 

- - - - -

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW I JUST WANT TO CUDDLE THEM.. But I don't really like how this ended.. like so sudden. But I'm smiling. It was.. ah, my heart.. XD.. PLease please please comment! I don't know if it was a good ending or not! It seems way too rushed! I'M SO SORRY! D:!!! Tell me what you think though, I'll be really paranoid if no one tells me what they think >____<